GUILTY HI - Ivanice 'Ivy' Harris, 28, pregnant, Waikiki, 16 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I dont think he would have been released unless they had next to nothing after the guy who bought the jewelry faded.He could have been making it up, who knows

Just heard on KHON news that they have the suspect on video with Ivy talking at a hotel the evening she disappeared and then leaving the hotel with a suitcase the next morning and then returning to the hotel 3 hours later. They have the suitcase and will be doing DNA testing.

OMG! He left with his suitcase for 3 hours. Was Ivy in the suitcase? 3 hours would be about right for a round trip plus some time to find a place to leave her body. And now he is free...hopefully not for long!

p.s. Would he be that dumb to hang on to that suitcase??

OMG! He left with his suitcase for 3 hours. Was Ivy in the suitcase? 3 hours would be about right for a round trip plus some time to find a place to leave her body. And now he is free...hopefully not for long!

p.s. Would he be that dumb to hang on to that suitcase??

That must have been a large suitcase. I know they say people put bodies in them, but I can't imagine that. Hopefully, the DNA tests can be done quickly. I wonder if they told him they have him on video with her. If not, he knows now after listening to the news!

If he wrapped her body with something so that it didn't touch the suitcase, there might not be any DNA in it. Since he admitted being with her, her DNA in his room would not be unusual although the room would have been cleaned since then. So without DNA, what would be strong enough evidence to charge him?

‘There is some evidence but not enough to satisfy prosecutors," a source said. The source would not detail what type of evidence that is. Another source described the evidence as "circumstantial at this point."

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/...-killing-oregon-tourist-released-from-custody

I can't believe this... he was let go. Even though he is a free man (for now) where is he going to go? Will he continue to go to Japan for his military duties? I'm sure the pressure in dealing with his this and his colleagues, superiors, etc., would put a very big strain on his performance.

The hotel's surveillance cameras should also show Ivy leaving if she did.
In this video for another crime in 2005, the criminal was captured on security wheeling a suitcase out: http://youtu.be/J2x2qfP65hE?t=3m21s
This other victim was never seen on camera leaving and was left for dead in a field, yet survived. She was in the suitcase.
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2010/12/vanishing-blonde-201012

Thanks, I hadn't seen that video. The suitcase looks like a regular one and if the body was in a fetal position, it would fit. I hadn't thought of the fetal position when trying to imagine someone putting a body in a suitcase.

I wonder if the HI hotel had cameras on the floor showing each room door. I would think that would be enough evidence to show that she never left the room but maybe they only have lobby cameras or by the elevators.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that video. The suitcase looks like a regular one and if the body was in a fetal position, it would fit. I hadn't thought of the fetal position when trying to imagine someone putting a body in a suitcase.

I wonder if the HI hotel had cameras on the floor showing each room door. I would think that would be enough evidence to show that she never left the room but maybe they only have lobby cameras or by the elevators.

Yes, very interesting video and case. Much of it echos Ivy's case. Hopefully within the next few months the DNA tests will have strong results from the evidence submitted.

In another article, Cosby's wife was contacted about her husband. She declined to give comment and only said that she believed he did not kill her.

And a comment from his son:

However, Cosby’s son responded to KHON2 through a Facebook message.

“I’m relieved to hear the news. I knew he was innocent. I just spoke with my stepmom. Huge weight off our shoulders. I do hope they find the person responsible,” Cosby’s son Richard Cosby said.

http://www.khon2.com/2013/06/07/sus...murder-case-released-investigation-continues/

Yeah, innocent until proven guilty... by DNA results... when they come back!

Yes, very interesting video and case. Much of it echos Ivy's case. Hopefully within the next few months the DNA tests will have strong results from the evidence submitted.

In another article, Cosby's wife was contacted about her husband. She declined to give comment and only said that she believed he did not kill her.

And a comment from his son:

http://www.khon2.com/2013/06/07/sus...murder-case-released-investigation-continues/

Yeah, innocent until proven guilty... by DNA results... when they come back!

On Facebook his children are young. I wonder if this older son is from another marriage?

On Facebook his children are young. I wonder if this older son is from another marriage?

If the prosecutors didn't think there was enough evidence he shouldn't have been charged. If he is innocent how does he get his name back

If the prosecutors didn't think there was enough evidence he shouldn't have been charged. If he is innocent how does he get his name back

He was picked up at the airport. Even though they didn't have strong enough evidence to hold him after 48 hours, they had to at least arrest him to keep him from leaving the state. Now the Marines have kept him in HI while LE works on getting the testing (I assume DNA) done. I think the fact that he was seen with her that evening, carried out a heavy suitcase and then returned with the suitcase 3 hours later is enough circumstantial evidence to at least arrest him.

This really doesn't surprise me...

I have a link to the story, but WS won't link to it. The screenshot here, pretty much sums it up!

51b6dc451ee7d5-31425141

This really doesn't surprise me...

I have a link to the story, but WS won't link to it. The screenshot here, pretty much sums it up!

51b6dc451ee7d5-31425141

I looked at that backstage ad and the phone number belongs to Ivy's friend. Wow, I just can't imagine. Googling the phone number leads to many photos of her and another HNL backpage ad from May 31 that has another girl with her (2 for 1). They knew Ivy had been killed but keep posting ads. Did he force them to do that or what?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michelle177
Back