His Honor Judge Perry *Merged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love him, he never misses a beat! IMO he's been incredibly fair & lenient where the defense is concerned, can't say I would be able to rein in my temper over their antics if I were in his position!

I knew the instant JP looked at the verdict that we were not going to like it, for the most part...anyone else catch that?

I wonder what JP said to the jurors in private...

I went back and watched that video several times and saw nothing. As far as I can see Judge Perry has the best poker face I have ever seen. There was no emotion showing there at all as far as I could see.

Yes! When he turned the verdict over to the clerk, he looked disgusted.

I'm sure he was entirely proper in private. It would be very inappropriate for him to express anything regarding the verdict.

Could he have not accepted these verdicts and found her guilty of any of them?

I know he could reduce a sentence of death ...but could he go against the jury on the verdict?

Could he have not accepted these verdicts and found her guilty of any of them?

I know he could reduce a sentence of death ...but could he go against the jury on the verdict?

Actually a judge can vacate a verdict, but it is very rare. He can't do it now...

Do judges ever give interviews after the fact? Will we ever be able to hear is opinions on the case?

I knew the instant JP looked at the verdict that we were not going to like it, for the most part...anyone else catch that?

I caught it when the clerk seemed to stumble a little bit when started to reach the verdict. My heart just sank.

He could have changed the verdict if he so chose. He didn't. So he can give himself a big ol giant pat on the back if he's let down.

Yes, it was ever so subtle but I did catch it. I saw a glimpse of disappointment.
He knows.

He has to be disgusted and wondering where he failed in these past weeks.

He could have changed the verdict if he so chose. He didn't. So he can give himself a big ol giant pat on the back if he's let down.

He can't convict her if the jury acquits. (he can, however, do the reverse).

He could not have changed the verdict if he wanted to. He could only have changed it if they convicted her. A judge can NEVER change an acquittal.

I caught it when the clerk seemed to stumble a little bit when started to reach the verdict. My heart just sank.

I didn't think Judge Perry gave away anything, he does have the perfect poker face.

But, like you, as soon as I heard that little hitch in the clerk's voice as she began to read, I thought to myself, "Oh no, she's read ahead a bit and it says Not Guilty."

I actually think JP told the jury to not let the press interview them and he would not give out their names because i think he knew there would be trouble JMO

I definitely thought he looked disappointed, so I wasn't shocked when the 1st degree not guilty came down. I read that on his face. I don't think he has a good poker face at all.

When the not guilties kept rolling...then I was shocked.

Well he certainly bent over backwards for the Defense. He should be pleased with himself.

He did bend over backwards for the defense, because he thought this was a shoe-in for the prosecution. As did we all. He didn't want a mistrial, he didn't want too many chances for appeals...and it backfired.

I actually think JP told the jury to not let the press interview them and he would not give out their names because i think he knew there would be trouble JMO

I imagine they will have left the building ASAP- I watched the crowds gathered outside earlier and people are very disgusted with them. One lady said if she corrects her child ,lays a hand on him to punish him physically, she will be arrested,but apparently ICA can drive around with her dead child that no one other than her had control of and get away with it! Incredible!

He did bend over backwards for the defense, because he thought this was a shoe-in for the prosecution. As did we all. He didn't want a mistrial, he didn't want too many chances for appeals...and it backfired.

well said... makes me sick to think of Baez's smirking face now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member