His Honor Judge Perry *Merged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ yes that's right! I wonder if Baez smacked his own self upside the head when he realised the case had been assigned Judge Perry. (Is it correct that they had planned to get a different judge they thought was the next up on rotation they assumed would be more lenient? Wish I could remember where I heard that.)

It's all very karmafabulous IMO.

^ yes that's right! I wonder if Baez smacked his own self upside the head when he realised the case had been assigned Judge Perry. (Is it correct that they had planned to get a different judge they thought was the next up on rotation they assumed would be more lenient? Wish I could remember where I heard that.)

I don't really know for certain, I'm a little behind things right now, however, I am sure JB didn't expect this.:waitasec:
Think maybe, he's saying, That's not suppose to happen!!!

I had a good "read" of this article and noted some of Judge Perry's comments. Thirty eight years and five years probation for killing a young man on the spur of the moment because of an altercation.

If I were Baez and ICA, I would be shaking with fear. What will he give a mother who planned and executed her two year old daughter when she had so many other alternatives to choose?

I've been watching the Hawthorne trial on TruTv, all this week...CJBP,Jr. was very respectful as he handed down his sentence for 2nd degree murder....he said he struggled with this all night...What is Justice? JMHO

I have mad respect for CJBP, JR., he is fair, he is respectful and listens intently during testimony. The jury convicted Hawthorne of 2nd degree murder, even as his attorney claimed self defense. The jury saw through Hawthorne who showed no remorse, ever...even as Mr. Boner, stabbed in the heart asked for help, he just walked away, took a shower, changed clothes and came up with an alibi. His cohort, Cameron Milner turned states evidence and received total immunity..he was not charged in Boners murder...JMHO

You might think after 21 years spent sentencing people, including eight sent to death row, that Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry would always have an answer to the question: What is justice?
But the answer isn't always apparent, Perry explained in court Tuesday. Sometimes the question keeps you up at night and remains unanswered when you wake up in the morning. One thing, he said, is certain: Justice cannot be cookie-cutter or meted out based on public opinion.

"Justice is not taking a poll like a politician," said Perry, as he explained how he struggled with a sentence for 20-year-old John Hill Hawthorne, the man convicted of second-degree murder in the stabbing death of Joel Boner at an Ocoee campsite in July 2009.

Hawthorne faced 20.5 years to life in prison. In the end, Perry gave him 38-years followed by five years of supervised probation.

"You took a life and for that you will spend your youth in prison," Perry told Hawthorne, who stood before him shackled, showing no emotion — except for a tired look on his face — upon hearing his sentence.

On the one side, Perry said he considered that a young man with a free-spirit, a love of nature and many years ahead of him had lost his life. Boner's family, deeply Christian, came to court Tuesday and asked Perry for a tough sentence.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...0100810_1_joel-boner-cameron-milner-lon-boner

I hear it, read it and feel it too. JP is not coming across as the hanging judge that we/I had hoped he would be. But he is the referee of this game/trainwreck and must be fair to midlin'. I'll take consolation in the fact that it will be 12 peers that will decide this and that the majority of Floridians have common sense. Hearings, motions, B*ll*****, mediaspin, roosters crowing and non-lawyers lawyering has been quite the sideshow but when this goes to trial and those peers convict, I, for one, will be thinkin' to myself Hmmm, Ohhh, Uhunh, and of course, 'AHA' she was guilty after all, who would of thunkit. JP may be letting some things fly under the radar but stupid he is not. We Will All Get It In The End. Of Course! ;)

I believe that when we see HHJP shake his foot and his chair while glancing around and to the sides that he is experiencing the same frustrations that we all are. The difference is that we take all of this and allow our emotions to shape our opinions. HHJP does not have that luxury. He has to rule according to the law. I don't like all of the leeway that JB seems to get and I bet HHJP wishes he could handle things a whole lot differently judging by the looks he's been giving lately. However, to ensure that ICA is given a fair trial and receives a verdict that will be unquestionable by the higher courts, HHJP seems to be dotting every "I" and crossing every "T". I feel confident that he is doing precisely what he knows he has to in order to protect the integrity of the court. ICA's days of playing these games will soon come to an end. MOO.

I believe that when we see HHJP shake his foot and his chair while glancing around and to the sides that he is experiencing the same frustrations that we all are. The difference is that we take all of this and allow our emotions to shape our opinions. HHJP does not have that luxury. He has to rule according to the law. I don't like all of the leeway that JB seems to get and I bet HHJP wishes he could handle things a whole lot differently judging by the looks he's been giving lately. However, to ensure that ICA is given a fair trial and receives a verdict that will be unquestionable by the higher courts, HHJP seems to be dotting every "I" and crossing every "T". I feel confident that he is doing precisely what he knows he has to in order to protect the integrity of the court. ICA's days of playing these games will soon come to an end. MOO.

I certainly agree with your opinion chefmom. Also as per yesterday's telephonic hearing blurb that was posted on wesh's youtube site I have a feeling that since the defense mentioned that they have these State's witnesses to still interview that CJPerry's only way to rule was the way he did. mo January is fast approaching also and if the defense does not get the work they need done before December 31st their way then it will be handled by CJPerry in January at his pace. So this is the defenses scramble to get some kind of defense. jmo

Do you feel that this judge has to deal with the hand that he was dealt? I truly think had he been the primary judge that once the DP was put in place he would have insisted that JB step to one side and let a qualified DP attorney take the lead in this case. Instead JB brought in out-of-state DP attorneys who had no intention of staying in Florida to see this trial through to the end. jmo

When Judge Perry first starting handing out stuff to Baez for almost everything he asked for - I started to get really irritated. I thought -"can' t you see this dufus has done absolutely nothing in ICA's defense for the last two years except promote himself in front of every camera he could find?"

It was so frustrating! Baez would come to court, and HHJP would not smack him down like I (we) felt he should, but gave him more leeway and more money.

Then as I was watching the last hearing, not the telephonic one, but the BEST one we just had - I suddenly got it. HHJP is playing Baez. He's doing it formally and legally but he's definitely playing him.

HHJP knows Baez has nothing. He's given Baez lots of rope and let it out further and further, and at the last hearing, we started to see HHJP slowly reeling Baez in by Baez's own actions. Sure says HHJP, go and investigate that! Got nothing? In comes the rope a little further. No expert reports Mr. Baez? Here comes the rope a little closer.

HHJP is one smart and very experienced judge. We saw at the last hearing how he let Baez shoot himself in both feet, and then read off his prepared order. I'm positive HHJP has a dollar amount MAX amount written on a little piece of paper somewhere, and I also believe Baez is getting close to it. Sure he doles out a bit here and a bit there, but that cheque book is almost closed. And that door will slam shut. Baez is almost out of avenues to explore for a defense, and HHJP just keeps reeling him in a little closer. By the time May rolls around, I can see Baez on his knees, begging for a plea.

So far what's he got? Expert report from W. Spitz - no evidence of trauma/murder on bones that were scattered over almost an acre of land. Are you not embarrassed by that statement, Sir? Cause Baez isn't going to pay you much money for it.

Yup, I am one satisfied camper with HHJP.

When Judge Perry first starting handing out stuff to Baez for almost everything he asked for - I started to get really irritated. I thought -"can' t you see this dufus has done absolutely nothing in ICA's defense for the last two years except promote himself in front of every camera he could find?"

It was so frustrating! Baez would come to court, and HHJP would not smack him down like I (we) felt he should, but gave him more leeway and more money.

Then as I was watching the last hearing, not the telephonic one, but the BEST one we just had - I suddenly got it. HHJP is playing Baez. He's doing it formally and legally but he's definitely playing him.

HHJP knows Baez has nothing. He's given Baez lots of rope and let it out further and further, and at the last hearing, we started to see HHJP slowly reeling Baez in by Baez's own actions. Sure says HHJP, go and investigate that! Got nothing? In comes the rope a little further. No expert reports Mr. Baez? Here comes the rope a little closer.

HHJP is one smart and very experienced judge. We saw at the last hearing how he let Baez shoot himself in both feet, and then read off his prepared order. I'm positive HHJP has a dollar amount MAX amount written on a little piece of paper somewhere, and I also believe Baez is getting close to it. Sure he doles out a bit here and a bit there, but that cheque book is almost closed. And that door will slam shut. Baez is almost out of avenues to explore for a defense, and HHJP just keeps reeling him in a little closer. By the time May rolls around, I can see Baez on his knees, begging for a plea.

So far what's he got? Expert report from W. Spitz - no evidence of trauma/murder on bones that were scattered over almost an acre of land. Are you not embarrassed by that statement, Sir? Cause Baez isn't going to pay you much money for it.

Yup, I am one satisfied camper with HHJP.

I have to disagree. I don't think Judge Perry is "playing" anyone. He is trying to be fair in this case but goes strictly by the law. Baez cannot ask for a plea without the okay from his client. I think Perry is taking the cost to the taxpayer into consideration at all times, but he does not lay awake at night thinking this is costing the taxpayer so much money. He is doing what he is supposed to do. And I am sure he believes KC is entitled to a fair and impartial trial, which she is.

Judge Perry does not strike me as one who has decided the outcome of this case. Perry always knows what the hearing is going to be about and he has his decision ready. This is not the first time he has shown that.

He is an excellent Judge and if he is giving the defense some latitude, I think it is because he feels it is fair with the amount of witnesses and he does not want this going to an appeals court on account of his being pro-State.

Just my opinion.

my opinion of the Judge has not changed. I still believe he is the best man for this job based on experience. I try to remember that his job is not to get justice for Caylee or to do anything more than ensure that the trial is fair and Miss Casey Anthony is given a reasonably competent defense. I think he is doing that. I think a lot of our disappointment lies with our wanting justice for Caylee and we confuse the goings on now with the actual trial that will take place in the Spring.

At the time it happened, I looked on some site that had FL's Ninth Circuit Court judges rated to see who might be a possibility. Strickland was the second-highest rated judge overall (terms of fairness, knowledge of law, etc). Only one judge was rated higher and, IIRC, it was a Latina. I thought at the time that maybe JB figured a female judge of similar ethnicity would be favorable. But that was not how it happened, lol.

However, I don't see that judge on the roster any more. This was last year, so assignment changes/rotations could have happened.

I think HHJP is being very careful to make sure there are no appealable issues in this case when it goes to trial. That may be frustrating for those of us who'd like to see more smackdowns, but this defendant and her whiny, clueless entitled attorney have already created ungodly amounts of frustration, delay and cost for the taxpayers. I'm willing to be patient to watch HHJP extend lots of rope that this defense can use to hang themselves and ICA without worrying about the good citizens of FL having to start from scratch because of an idiotic technicality.

I think HHJP is doing what is expected of him and that is making sure KC has the best representation possible. As he can't replace that dreadful defense team it's up to him to make sure they are given every opportunity to defend KC to the best of their ability, (which is minimal at best ) thats why he appears to give Mr.Baez and Co. so much leeway. I'm sure he is aware that KC's defense team is a liability to her and that Mr.Baez still has his training wheels on, I would expect no less from HHJP.

I'm sure HHJP would much rather deal with an experienced DP qualified attorney rather than a swimsuit salesman but in her ignorance this is KC's choice and she is going to have to live with it. Or maybe not.....

I think HHJP is doing what is expected of him and that is making sure KC has the best representation possible. As he can't replace that dreadful defense team it's up to him to make sure they are given every opportunity to defend KC to the best of their ability, (which is minimal at best ) thats why he appears to give Mr.Baez and Co. so much leeway. I'm sure he is aware that KC's defense team is a liability to her and that Mr.Baez still has his training wheels on, I would expect no less from HHJP.

I'm sure HHJP would much rather deal with an experienced DP qualified attorney rather than a swimsuit salesman but in her ignorance this is KC's choice and she is going to have to live with it. Or maybe not.....

She has Cheney Mason and Perry seems to like him as he smiles when he addresses him most times.

Baez should have been fired after the Bond Hearing. His tactics with Melich did nothing but hurt his client. He is awful. May as well be wearing a sign saying I am here for the notariety plain and simple.

Can we even put a price on justice? As a Florida taxpayer... that is how I look at it. Caylee deserves justice. If that means I have to help pay for her mother to get a fair trial... one that is done right... one that is done once... then I have done my part it helping Caylee get the justice she so rightfully deserves. All I have to do is think of Caylee and my anger about the money being spent disolves... she is worth it! Well worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste