Holland - Multiple people injured in Tram shooting, possible terrorism, Utrecht, 18 March 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Gezochte Gökman Tanis stond terecht wegens schieten met vuurwapen en verkrachting | RTV Utrecht

The 37-year-old Gökman Tanis, who is wanted because of the shooting tragedy at the 24 Oktoberplein, has previously been wanted by the justice system. He was in court exactly two weeks ago because he raped someone.

The rape is said to have taken place in July 2017 in Utrecht. Exactly two weeks ago there was a so-called court hearing.

Tanis was also recently in court for stealing a bicycle and a burglary in a company building. These offences date from September and October last year.

The police have distributed a photo of Tanis. The man, who has Turkish roots, is said to have fired shots this morning in or near a tram on the 24 Oktoberplein. In addition, an unknown number of people were injured and possibly also people died. Tanis is still on the run.

BBM

Gökmen Tanis was known to the police and the press before:

Gökmen Tanis. the suspect shooter from Utrecht, is the same one who in August 2011 on a GSTV video harrassed our then reporter Chantal Hanse on the Oudegracht in Utrecht. "Your whole *advertiser censored* is wide open" and "and you're a democrat" he said to the Playmate of the Year 2009 - at the time we could still laugh about it (video after the break). Today he is the main suspect of the shooting in a tram in Kanaleneiland, in 2017 he was also suspected of a rape, which was the subject of a court hearing at the beginning of this month. His name and address (in Kanaleneiland) already appeared in 2011 in the comments on Dumpert. GeenStijl spoke today with someone who knows him well, and says that he comes from a strictly religious family. And now he is suspected of a terrorist act.

hhttps://twitter.com/geenstijl/status/1107639971870056450
Appears in this video at 3:40.

Gezochte Gökman Tanis stond terecht wegens schieten met vuurwapen en verkrachting | RTV Utrecht

The 37-year-old Gökman Tanis, who is wanted because of the shooting tragedy at the 24 Oktoberplein, has previously been wanted by the justice system. He was in court exactly two weeks ago because he raped someone.

The rape is said to have taken place in July 2017 in Utrecht. Exactly two weeks ago there was a so-called court hearing.

Tanis was also recently in court for stealing a bicycle and a burglary in a company building. These offences date from September and October last year.

The police have distributed a photo of Tanis. The man, who has Turkish roots, is said to have fired shots this morning in or near a tram on the 24 Oktoberplein. In addition, an unknown number of people were injured and possibly also people died. Tanis is still on the run.

BBM
It makes me sick that a violent rapist walks freely on the streets...no words for it!

GeenStijl on Twitter

Source in Utrecht tells GS the story goes that he wanted to kill his sister-in-law, which would place the motive firmly in the family context.

BBM

Revenge killings, or honour killings. No terrorism, because murders driven by certain ideologies are not considered terrorism .... oh wait ...

Praying for the families of the dead and injured.
Those poor regular people just going to work.
I just don't understand how this sort of thing continues to happen in Europe when they have the strictest gun control laws in the world.

This violence from Muslim extremists needs to be shut down. And the only way to do that is if good decent people start going to the police when they know of anyone preparing to kill in the name of "Allah".

Muslim leaders in Europe need to condemn these attacks on innocent people and quick! At least the ones that don't support this ongoing violence towards people from different races, creeds, religions, gender, and sexuality.

Last edited:
Hollanda polisi: Utrecht'teki tramvay saldırısının zanlısı 37 yaşındaki Türkiye doğumlu Gökmen Tanış

An attacker opened fire in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Utrecht Mayor Jan van Zanen says 3 people were killed, 9 people were injured. Van Zanen said three of the wounded were severely wounded.

Utrecht police has announced that the suspect is 37-year-old Gökmen Taniş who was born in Turkey. On Twitter, they asked not to get close to Tanış and to inform the security forces if anyone saw him.

A Turkish businessman living in Utrecht speaking to the BBC told that Gökmen Tanış was born on 2 July 1981 in Yozgat and was registered in Boğazlıyan Sırçalı Village, before he went to Chechnya and fought there.

"A few years ago he was arrested and released for his connection to ISIS. He did not interfere with the Turkish society, he was a reclusive one." he said.

BBM

Oops ....

Yelle Tieleman‏ @YelleTieleman 31m31 minutes ago
In 2013 is de verdachte ook betrokken geweest bij een schietpartij in Kanaleneiland. Hij beschoot toen mensen die bij een flatgebouw liepen.

Translated from Dutch by Microsoft

In 2013, the defendant was also involved in a shooting in Kanaleneiland. He then shot people who walked in an apartment block.

Cookies op gelderlander.nl | gelderlander.nl

Eyewitness Niels (21): 'He shot at the people who were helping that woman'.

The 21-year-old Niels was on the tram in Utrecht where this morning 'alleged terrorist suspect' Gökmen Tanis started shooting. Niels 'had the feeling' that the perpetrator was targeting one person. "He aimed at those people who tried to help that woman."

Niels has just returned home, after being heard by the police, still deeply impressed by what he saw. "It happened in the carriage behind me. All of a sudden there was commotion. The tram came to a standstill in a curve so I could clearly see what was happening in the tram behind me. The door of the tram was forced and windows were smashed in. In our carriage there was confusion but it remained fairly calm."

"At that moment shots had certainly already been fired in that tram behind me. You heard those plop-plop-plop-noises, as if there was a silencer on it. Then I saw people running outside, for real, for their lives. I had the feeling that he was focusing especially on someone because I saw a woman crawling out. Bystanders tried to pull her away, but when they did, that man followed her and aimed at those bystanders."

"No, I couldn't see what he looked like. He was wearing a dark coat, normal posture, and had a long gun in his hand. Just one of those hand pistols, not an automatic weapon, as far as I could see. Then he went after someone, with a yellow vest, who tried to help that woman, and after that I couldn't see it anymore."

BBM

Utrecht shooting: Manhunt after tram incident in Netherlands - CNN
"In response to the shooting, police in Rotterdam -- a city around 60 kilometers (37 miles) away from Utrecht -- have increased security around mosques and stations in the city, according to a post on their official Twitter account.
The Netherlands have largely escaped terror incidents in recent years. But Dutch police previously foiled what they described as a major terrorist attack last September when they arrested seven individuals in Rotterdam.
Earlier that month, a man was shot by police at Amsterdam's central railway station after stabbing two American tourists. Authorities said the suspect had a "terrorist motive" but was believed to have acted alone."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back