Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya:dog.gone.cute From what you posted, 460 pieces of evidence seems to be number.... but how all of it is linked to the suspects is what we don't know...

:seeya:dog.gone.cute From what you posted, 460 pieces of evidence seems to be number.... but how all of it is linked to the suspects is what we don't know...

:seeya: Hi there, OS !

I am glad you caught that number -- 460 pieces of evidence -- WOW !

Not to go off topic, just making a comparison here:

According to what has been reported in the McStay Family murders in California, which info in that case is as sparse as it is in this case, 100 pieces of evidence was found at the gravesite where their remains were found.

So, I guess 460 is a lot ? :dunno:

Oh, and isn't it interesting that just a month after the TBI-District Attorney fiasco, the TBI has the evidence analyzed ?

And cannot wait to see how all of this evidence links up to the suspects !

I thought that too, DGC. Just a short time and all the test are in and they are ready to go now.

Foxfire, I'm well aware of juries being brought to a county instead of moving the whole case to another county. Well aware. To me it sounded as though the Judge didn't think Decatur Co could handle it or wanted it there, almost adamantly. I could always be wrong though. I took notice as the cost of moving the whole trial to another county is huge & archaic. Very curious as to his reason other than not wanting it in your own backyard maybe? Danger? etc...

jmo

What really really irks me is this:

They just wrapped up the Vanderbilt Rape Trial, that happened in 2013. The TBI forensics team was all over it. and the Jury is going to get the case on Monday.

I know this is a murder trial and maybe the forensics may take a bit longer, but really????? Why didn't they just tell the judge, that they didn't have all the discovery and didn't want to piece meal it all to the defense.

:gaah:

Where are you watching the vanderbilt coverage? Online somewhere?

I thought that too, DGC. Just a short time and all the test are in and they are ready to go now.

Foxfire, I'm well aware of juries being brought to a county instead of moving the whole case to another county. Well aware. To me it sounded as though the Judge didn't think Decatur Co could handle it or wanted it there, almost adamantly. I could always be wrong though. I took notice as the cost of moving the whole trial to another county is huge & archaic. Very curious as to his reason other than not wanting it in your own backyard maybe? Danger? etc...

jmo

:seeya:

Not Foxfire here, and waiting to hear his valuable opinion, but wanted to jump off your post, Dr. Know with some questions and comments:

- Do you think they will sequester the jury for this case ?

- Will ZA and JA be tried separately or together, as they have the same charges ?

- Security issues ?

- Other perps who are in :jail: that may -- or -- may NOT testify -- such as DA, MP, and what about SA?

- Can Decatur County accommodate this very high profile case ? Media, etc., and "trial tourists" -- lol !

Lots of questions and no answers YET ...

And will this case even go to trial ?

:gaah: Sorry for the rambling but Holly's case and the McStay Family Case makes my head spin !

:seeya: Hi there, OS !

I am glad you caught that number -- 460 pieces of evidence -- WOW !

Not to go off topic, just making a comparison here:

According to what has been reported in the McStay Family murders in California, which info in that case is as sparse as it is in this case, 100 pieces of evidence was found at the gravesite where their remains were found.

So, I guess 460 is a lot ? :dunno:

Oh, and isn't it interesting that just a month after the TBI-District Attorney fiasco, the TBI has the evidence analyzed ?

And cannot wait to see how all of this evidence links up to the suspects !

Thanks for the comparison and it's interesting - Wow - only 100 for the McStays, versus 460 for Holly!

Thanks for the comparison and it's interesting - Wow - only 100 for the McStays, versus 460 for Holly!

:seeya: Yes, but that 100 was from what was found at the gravesite of 4 people = 2 adults and 2 small children.

And now they are saying they were killed in the home, but they have not told us IF there is any evidence in the home ... the home was cleaned up before LE went in with SW, and new owners moved into the home before the McStay's were found ... so probably not much evidence there.

Back to Holly's case : the 460 sounds like a lot -- but -- is it QUALITY evidence -- not just the # of pieces of evidence.

Thoughts ?

It says that many pieces of evidence have been analysed. My interpretation of this is that its just what has been gathered. How much of it actually holds any value in convicting anyone will remain to be seen i guess.

So when do we get the next hearing? To me, giving the prosecution all this extra time is pretty ridiculous. This is not a new prosecutor, she was already working the case. She wasn't off the case for any significant period of time. She had months and months of prep time.

There seems to be a hidden agenda within this whole story that not even the most astute observers here at websleuths have not been able to articulate and/or fathom. It's frustrating that after all this time, the only conclusions that can be made are largely speculative (unless one is an insider within LE, that community or the "judicial system" of this area of TN. All that can be known is what a trajedy has befallen the Bobo's and what a insurmountable problem meth is for all concerned. What that
"hidden agenda" is protecting or serving would be the question at this stage.

There seems to be a hidden agenda within this whole story that not even the most astute observers here at websleuths have not been able to articulate and/or fathom. It's frustrating that after all this time, the only conclusions that can be made are largely speculative (unless one is an insider within LE, that community or the "judicial system" of this area of TN. All that can be known is what a trajedy has befallen the Bobo's and what a insurmountable problem meth is for all concerned. What that
"hidden agenda" is protecting or serving would be the question at this stage.

BBM Could you please describe the "hidden agenda."

I see this is your first post. Welcome to Websleuths!

"hidden agenda"=unknown motives of people directly or indirectly involved in the grand scheme of this story.
Thanks. I wanted to post on this thread because of the frustration that I feel about this situation.

These may have been posted, but posting for the record as things online seem to go "poof" sometimes:

From WSMV:

Still no court date for Holly Bobo case

Nearly 500 pieces of evidence in the Holly Bobo case have been analyzed by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, but there is still no word on when the legal case against the suspects in her death will move forward.

More at Link: http://www.wsmv.com/story/27927180/still-no-court-date-for-holly-bobo-case#ixzz3PxOmUBIL

From the Jackson Sun:

TBI: Evidence analysis in Bobo case done

Authorities say they have completed their analysis of more than 460 pieces of evidence in the case of a woman whose partial remains were found three years after her disappearance, possibly bringing defense attorneys a step closer to seeing how prosecutors have linked their clients to her.

More at Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/2015/01/23/tbi-evidence-analysis-bobo-case-done/22253785/

From NC5:

TBI: Analysis Of Evidence In Bobo Case Finished

Defense attorneys may be a step closer to understanding what evidence prosecutors have against their clients in the case of a missing nursing student whose partial remains were found more than three years after her disappearance.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokesman Josh DeVine said Thursday the bureau has completed its analysis of more than 460 pieces of evidence in the case of Holly Bobo, who was 20 when she disappeared from her house in April 2011.

More at Link: http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/news/TBI-Analysis-Of-Evidence-In-Bobo-Case-Finished-289559591.html

Thanks, dog.gone.cute.:)

That is a lot of forensic testing for one murder case.

And that doesn't include all the other evidence they have collected such as valuable information from lay witness interviews that have been conducted or hiring forensic experts to explain the forensic evidence that was tested and other circumstantial evidence they have amassed.

I think this case will be pretty much like the Arias case and will have both forensics in it as well has many experts and lay witnesses who testify. I am surprised they finished that fast. In several other cases when it took years to come to trial (2-4 years) lab results were still coming back in shortly before the trial was held.

I just wish they would speed this one up though.

:seeya:

Not Foxfire here, and waiting to hear his valuable opinion, but wanted to jump off your post, Dr. Know with some questions and comments:

- Do you think they will sequester the jury for this case ?

- Will ZA and JA be tried separately or together, as they have the same charges ?

- Security issues ?

- Other perps who are in :jail: that may -- or -- may NOT testify -- such as DA, MP, and what about SA?

- Can Decatur County accommodate this very high profile case ? Media, etc., and "trial tourists" -- lol !

Lots of questions and no answers YET ...

And will this case even go to trial ?

:gaah: Sorry for the rambling but Holly's case and the McStay Family Case makes my head spin !

I don't have a clue, just going by the Judge's comments about having the trial in Decatur it doesn't sound like he wants it there for many possible reasons that could occur. Your questions are as valid as can be though.

Yeah, the no movement, secret fighting of the DA & TBI in Holly's case & stalling, the extremely twisted justice in the Jodi Arias case & the wait for the McStay's, all are hair pulling to follow. Hurry up and wait.

"hidden agenda"=unknown motives of people directly or indirectly involved in the grand scheme of this story.
Thanks. I wanted to post on this thread because of the frustration that I feel about this situation.

Welcome. Thanks for joining the discussion. Many are frustrated by this case and the lack of clear answers about many of it's aspects.

Here I am again, seeing if I can find any updates, any kind of progression in this case and welllllllllll pffffttttt

However I did find this:
As another year begins, it’s time to uphold tradition and pass out our annual supply of roses and onions to deserving recipients from 2014. Roses go to the good guys. Onions are for offensive people or situations.

ONIONS to the unprofessional handling of the Holly Bobo case and the unending strain that has placed on her family.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/local/2015/01/03/delivery-roses-onions-rings-new-year/21240773/

Also another little side note: Wanna know what Stowe is doing?

PARIS TN: Stowe targeting DUIs, prescription drug abuse
Saying early in his talk that he could not and would not comment on the Holly Bobo case, Stowe said he’d like each county in his district to be basically the same. “I don’t believe we ought to try to change everything, but I think consistency is very important.”

http://www.parispi.net/news/local_news/article_35629636-a64b-11e4-886c-cb23244d5b99.html

yada yada yada.......

GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Okay, now this may not be popular, but I am now questioning exactly what is going on with the TBI, and also Local LE in different parts of the state that I live in.

Here is a link to the thread here on WS to show what I am talking about but I will give you a little snippet as well here... Take what you will with it, but I am wondering if now Stowe didn't have a legitimate complaint with the TBI.

“Though we did not have a formal request from the District Attorney General, we found ourselves, for some time, in a ‘leadership’ role on this matter,” DeVine wrote. “The results of our lab analysis were made available to the District Attorney General and our personnel, but not explicitly to Millersville Police.
http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...-case-reopened-murder-investigation/22437993/

For Zaylee Grace Fryar:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Millersville-1-May-2011-mother-deceased/page6

I don't know what is going on cases in Tennessee but this and many cases have been put on the back burner and everytime it seems like the answer is "We are waiting on the TBI".

I'm seething right now.

Per Channel 5 News live report at 6pm... No link yet for printed version..

Defense Attorney's planned to ask for charges to be dismissed, out of all that evidence, they still haven't gotten one piece of discovery.

GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Okay, now this may not be popular, but I am now questioning exactly what is going on with the TBI, and also Local LE in different parts of the state that I live in.

Here is a link to the thread here on WS to show what I am talking about but I will give you a little snippet as well here... Take what you will with it, but I am wondering if now Stowe didn't have a legitimate complaint with the TBI.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...-case-reopened-murder-investigation/22437993/

For Zaylee Grace Fryar:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Millersville-1-May-2011-mother-deceased/page6

I don't know what is going on cases in Tennessee but this and many cases have been put on the back burner and everytime it seems like the answer is "We are waiting on the TBI".

I'm seething right now.

Sounds like they need to sort this out big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouTanner