Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As my dad told me many times growing up as a self-focused teen, if you think the whole world is out of sorts when dealing with you, then maybe the problem is you.

This story's source, interestingly, is generally a District Attorney official, not a TBI guy. From the story, we hear the following:

* Kirby was in the room, so his account is first-hand.

* Stowe leveled accusations that TBI had "compromised the case" and that "TBI, at the very least, was leaking information and covering up evidence."

* In the meeting, Stowe said he "trusted no one in the room..."

* So Gwyn said the TBI (whom Stowe said he didn't trust) would no longer work the 24th District that Stowe was in charge of.

* The day the story broke, Stowe sat down for an interview with [a] local television station, and Kirby says bluntly: "Stowe was not truthful in the interview. He said he never asked TBI to leave his district..."

* When the events happened, Gwyn - in backing out of the case and taking TBI's help from the district after Stowe's meltdown - went to Mrs Bobo to explain to her what had happened, and Kirby says she said she "was going to (destroy) Matt Stowe. She wanted him off the case and the TBI back on the case."

* Stowe also demanded that the special prosecutor on loan from Memphis District Attorney Amy Weirich be taken off the Bobo case. That prompted Weirich's response that they were leaving the case and wouldn't help anymore as long as Stowe had anything to do with it.

As I have noted repeatedly here, it's a completely different world when working cases as a DA or as a defense attorney. It's not a simple matter of changing sides and arguments - the DA has specific processes and protocols that he must follow (and that the failure to do so can be used by the defense) with no such onus on a defense atty.

This feels like Stowe, as a long time defense attorney, skated into the job with the sense that he knows all and can do the same sort of "take it as it comes" approach as you can get by with as a defense atty. That isn't what the job requires, however, and I simply don't think Stowe is professional enough to get the job done for the 24th.

Most maddening - his incompetence is killing the chance for Justice for Holly. He owes the family and the county/district a huge apology and a massive change, but I doubt it will happen. From here, he still seems to be looking for people to blame, rather than doing the work and doing it right.

Even now. The fact that he is ducking interviews, to this day, and refusing to comment even though he's an elected official that should answer to the people, says a lot about who he is and what he's about. I am so unimpressed.

wow. Still processing. Thanks for all your opinions. I have lots of food for thought. I honestly haven't a clue what I think about all of it.

wow. Still processing. Thanks for all your opinions. I have lots of food for thought. I honestly haven't a clue what I think about all of it.

:seeya: Hi tlcya,

Yes, WOW !!!

BBM: I am thinking the same thing -- still processing and have lots of food for thought.

:please: Holly deserves better than this !

I suppose what I am the most confused about in this case is why all the people are throwing Stowe under the bus at this point. For many of the posters and people over the three year period of time in this case, Stowe simply stated what many have suspected aver this time. Long before there was even an election. If you go back to earlier threads they are filled with questions and comments regarding the TBI and very issues Stowe criticized at the meeting.

I believe it is unethical, unprofessional and unheard of for an investigative entity to go to a still grieving family to stoke their support for a squabble between the agencies. The conversations about a "video" existence began long before Stowe was elected, IMO. Therefor those conversations allowed anyone with a device that had it on it had plenty of time to destroy the evidence or at least delete it. I believe that information came from the TBI.

JMO's

I really have no idea what to think still, today. Stowe's comments to TBI and the implication that TBI may be withholding the evidence or has screwed up big time tends to support my long held suspicion that they have nothing or not enough in the way of evidence that will secure conviction and are trying to end run around the system or find credible back up to the circumstantial evidence.

I think the idea presented upthread about possibly having seen a video but not having a SW in place at th time, not securing that evidence and now it being gone would certainly explain the Pearcy brother arrest/charges/debacle (arrest charges being fact, debacle being my own opinion).

Ever since those arrests my hink meter has been off the charts. I think The A-train is responsible for the abduction and death of Holly. I believe she suffered horribly at their hands. But I don't believe TBI has been able to assist the DA office in building even a shaky case let alone a solid one. I believe the DA has overreached in charging too soon before they have can bring actual evidence to bring to a jury. So if Stowe has called them all on that and refused to play I can't fault him.

On the other hand, if he is just p*ssing in the wind and playing the blame game for his own incompetence and lack of diligence then that sucks too.

Either way or some combination of both, I am very worried that no one will pay for what was done to Holly. I fear no justice except maybe karmic or rough justice administered outside a court of law. Every day that this BS goes on I become more and more convinced that they have all screwed this up irreparably. :(

I have a feeling all these arrests or at least some have been all part of a "squeeze play" to get confessions and / or usable eyewitness or video testimony that can be used at trial. One that has either backfired or just plain didn't work.

JMO's

We all are frustrated with how ALL of this has been going, can you imagine just what Holly's family is going through.

I think of that saying, there is this truth, that truth, and somewhere in the middle is the actual truth.

Right now I put blame on each and every agency, that includes the TBI, LE, DA'S all of them on how this case has been going.
The defense should all be receiving discovery, well tell me, just why do they not have it?
Why isn't the court proceedings moving along?
I know evidence has to be processed and t's crossed, i's dotted...

In all seriousness, this is all a bunch of crap.

Where just where in the hell is the Justice for Holly????

Here we go y'all, tho, we have briefly heard this before, this was just posted from Wsmv Channel 4:

DA may be called as witness in Holly Bobo case

"I've been doing this for 40 years," attorney David Raybin said. "I have never seen this before."

Raybin helped write Tennessee's criminal code. He believes Stowe may now be an admissible witness for the defense. He may be asked to testify to what his problems were with the TBI.

"We can debate all day long about evidence casting aspersions that you've done a bad job or you need to go away. That's an entirely different situation," Raybin said. "Anything which casts doubt on the expert witnesses' credibility or findings is subject to cross examination. This may well be admissible."

Meanwhile, Jason Autry, one of the men charged with Bobo's murder, sent a letter to the clerk's office this week asking about evidence and the bill of particulars.

Zach Adams' attorney has asked for the file against his client to be temporarily unsealed so they can look at the evidence. The order remains unsigned as everyone waits for the evidence to be entered.

Read more: http://www.wsmv.com/story/28047807/da-may-be-called-as-witness-in-holly-bobo-case#ixzz3R0wtuDRQ

Still more with the article, I just kind of picked middle and the end to quote, we sorta know the beginning.

I really have no idea what to think still, today. Stowe's comments to TBI and the implication that TBI may be withholding the evidence or has screwed up big time tends to support my long held suspicion that they have nothing or not enough in the way of evidence that will secure conviction and are trying to end run around the system or find credible back up to the circumstantial evidence.

Nail on the head. I'm not as certain as you of their guilt. Maybe they are, but I simply haven't seen any compelling evidence. Their behavior and delays are evidence that there is nothing against these guys.

Any update on when the next hearing is (presumably, re the motion to dismiss due to lack of providing discovery and a bill of particulars to the defendants as required by law)?

Any update on when the next hearing is (presumably, re the motion to dismiss due to lack of providing discovery and a bill of particulars to the defendants as required by law)?

:seeya:

I have not seen any updates on anything -- it's like everything is in "limbo" !

:gaah:

I have a feeling that Amy Weirich, a much more experienced attorney, will put an end to this nonsense one way or the other.

Hi all!

Nice to be back and thanks to all of you for keeping me up to date on the case. I must say I'm just as disgusted as many of you about how this case is being handled. Disgusted but not surprised. It was a train wreck from the start. My confusion lies with the TBI covering up evidence?? Why? And why would Karen be on TBI's side versus the DA? Something isn't making any sense. https://www.facebook.com/NC5ChrisConte?fref=nf

The link was posted above so just copied it in my post as reference. The wording used was "covering up" Have any of you come across any other cases where LE covered up evidence in a case?

and the Saga continues......

TBI Special Agents began investigating Tommy Joe Austin on January 14th. On January 11th, Austin, a former jailer in Chester County, filed a report with the Madison County Sheriff’s Office, stating he received a phone call threatening violence against him and his son for not “taking care” of Zach Adams

On February 2nd, the Madison County Grand Jury returned an indictment for Austin, charging the 47-year-old Reagan man with one count of Filing a False Report.

https://tbinews.wordpress.com/2015/...g-false-report-accused-of-lying-about-threat/

Hi all!

Nice to be back and thanks to all of you for keeping me up to date on the case. I must say I'm just as disgusted as many of you about how this case is being handled. Disgusted but not surprised. It was a train wreck from the start. My confusion lies with the TBI covering up evidence?? Why? And why would Karen be on TBI's side versus the DA? Something isn't making any sense. https://www.facebook.com/NC5ChrisConte?fref=nf

The link was posted above so just copied it in my post as reference. The wording used was "covering up" Have any of you come across any other cases where LE covered up evidence in a case?

I do not believe they are covering up any evidence. I believe the DA was just flipping out, seeing his career going down the drain when the case wasn't shaping up, there was no evidence and he just couldn't accept it, so he accused them of hiding evidence from him. He's being irrational. The idea that the tennessee bureau of investigation is going to hide evidence to protect a handful of petty criminals in a big murder case is pretty ridiculous. I've heard of lab techs falsifying evidence for the prosecution, but not for the defense. I get the idea that Karen Bobo was pretty pissed that Stowe couldn't play well enough with others to the degree that it caused the TBI to up and quit. She knew they needed them. That's why she was angry. And I can't blame her.

I do not believe they are covering up any evidence. I believe the DA was just flipping out, seeing his career going down the drain when the case wasn't shaping up, there was no evidence and he just couldn't accept it, so he accused them of hiding evidence from him. He's being irrational. The idea that the tennessee bureau of investigation is going to hide evidence to protect a handful of petty criminals in a big murder case is pretty ridiculous. I've heard of lab techs falsifying evidence for the prosecution, but not for the defense. I get the idea that Karen Bobo was pretty pissed that Stowe couldn't play well enough with others to the degree that it caused the TBI to up and quit. She knew they needed them. That's why she was angry. And I can't blame her.

Do we honestly believe they have no evidence? If that's the case, then wouldn't that make a DA "flip out"? Why are these thugs in prison if there is no evidence? Again, playing catch up and my post isn't directed at you but I'm trying to make sense out of this nonsense. Something just isn't sitting right with me.

Do we honestly believe they have no evidence? If that's the case, then wouldn't that make a DA "flip out"? Why are these thugs in prison if there is no evidence? Again, playing catch up and my post isn't directed at you but I'm trying to make sense out of this nonsense. Something just isn't sitting right with me.

If there is so much evidence, they why hasn't the defense gotten anything yet? Further more, "Our" no-nonsense judge hasn't said a word about all this delay.
I'm questioning now, just how did they get all the evidence? What was the most important thing they got that had all these people (while some are now out of jail, Pearcy Brothers, Shayne Austin) how did this come about to get them arrested in the first place? The way they got the evidence, was it legal?
They were all so *advertiser censored* sure of these arrests before Stowe became DA just what the heck happened?
While I don't need to see all the evidence at this time, cuz I sure wouldn't want to hurt this case in anyway, just what is the hold up? Why was Stowe so mad to begin with.. and!!!!
Why haven't we heard from the newest DA that is back on the case.
Being a little forthcoming would do a lot to keep from being so pissed about the way this is being handle.

Just where is the Justice for Holly?

If there is so much evidence, they why hasn't the defense gotten anything yet? Further more, "Our" no-nonsense judge hasn't said a word about all this delay.
I'm questioning now, just how did they get all the evidence? What was the most important thing they got that had all these people (while some are now out of jail, Pearcy Brothers, Shayne Austin) how did this come about to get them arrested in the first place? The way they got the evidence, was it legal?
They were all so *advertiser censored* sure of these arrests before Stowe became DA just what the heck happened?
While I don't need to see all the evidence at this time, cuz I sure wouldn't want to hurt this case in anyway, just what is the hold up? Why was Stowe so mad to begin with.. and!!!!
Why haven't we heard from the newest DA that is back on the case.
Being a little forthcoming would do a lot to keep from being so pissed about the way this is being handle.

Just where is the Justice for Holly?

I think we're on the same page, lyric. Like you, we don't need to see the evidence. It would only jeopardize the case but why are we at a standstill and why was Stowe so pissed....enough so to have TBI want to step down??? What?? Never heard of such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member