Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am not feeling too confident about this trial. It seems that the prosecution is weak and in disarray. I hope I am proven wrong...

I'm nervous too, after all this time I hope they get things right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmmmmm They look better than I expected. ZA still looks the most evil and not just because of the hair on his face . The look in his eyes is very disturbing to me.

I'm nervous too, after all this time I hope they get things right.

I keep waiting for there to be some info about evidence. They have a supposed participant who wants to point fingers at others. But what else? With all the sear ch warrants we heard so much about, where's the beef? From what I've heard, tthe best they have is a gun that they just found recently, and are hoping to prove "could have" been the murder weapon ....but it's sounded like even if they get what they want, it won't be definitive at all.

I sure don't want murderers to walk. But I've never heard of a case where there was evidence, yet never any of it leaked to public as to its existence. Weird case in so many ways.

I keep waiting for there to be some info about evidence. They have a supposed participant who wants to point fingers at others. But what else? With all the sear ch warrants we heard so much about, where's the beef? From what I've heard, tthe best they have is a gun that they just found recently, and are hoping to prove "could have" been the murder weapon ....but it's sounded like even if they get what they want, it won't be definitive at all.

I sure don't want murderers to walk. But I've never heard of a case where there was evidence, yet never any of it leaked to public as to its existence. Weird case in so many ways.

Exactly. There was that supposed video, which seems to have been a baseless rumor. Then the supposed confession, ending in suicide, and no real corroboration? Followed by lots of drama and shakeups in the DA's office...and now...? :thinking:

Google Alert - sharing

Holly Bobo: No blood evidence found on corroded gun
http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...-blood-evidence-found-corroded-gun/579962001/

SAVANNAH — No blood was found on the gun prosecutors have called a "critical piece of evidence" and believed to be the weapon used to kill 20-year-old Holly Bobo in 2011.
Court documents say Jennifer Nichols, the lead prosecutor in the case, told defense attorneys that the gun was found "near John Holladay Road in Decatur County, Tennessee." Nichols provided a photo of an "extremely rusted revolver," court documents say.
That revolver, an Arminus .32-caliber, was tested by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation on May 26, according to a Memphis Crime Lab report filed in Hardin County Circuit Court. The report says the revolver had to be cleaned because it was not operational when the TBI lab received the gun for testing.

more in article

Call me confused :confused: but are ALL three of these guys - Zach, his bro John Adams and Jason Autry - being tried together this coming September? Or just Zach right now?

TIA!

JUSTICE for HOLLY! :rose:

:judge:

I am not feeling too confident about this trial. It seems that the prosecution is weak and in disarray. I hope I am proven wrong...

I can only speak for myself of course but I am confident justice will be done for Holly.

LOL! I wish I had a dollar for every time some thought the state's case was weak before the trial even started, and was worried sick justice wouldn't be done for the victim. Occasionally, I have been one of them but not in this case. But in the end the state had much more compelling evidence than any of us realized in so many cases, and the murderers were found guilty as charged. I believe it will be the same in this case.

There is no way a prosecutor would go forward if they thought the case was weak. I have confidence that this ADA will put the case together well for the jury. I believe ZA will be found guilty and receive the death penalty, rightly so.

I think we are all going to learn a lot of things we didn't know. The state has 200 witnesses on their list that can be called. That is an enormous amount of witnesses that knows something about this case and are willingly to testify in the state's behalf.

Justice for Holly.

Call me confused :confused: but are ALL three of these guys - Zach, his bro John Adams and Jason Autry - being tried together this coming September? Or just Zach right now?

TIA!

JUSTICE for HOLLY! :rose:

:judge:

Just Zach, Niner.

Exactly. There was that supposed video, which seems to have been a baseless rumor. Then the supposed confession, ending in suicide, and no real corroboration? Followed by lots of drama and shakeups in the DA's office...and now...? :thinking:

I am not convinced the video didn't exist. I think it did. Both Dylan and Ms. King said it did at two different times. The FBI was unable to unlock the I-phone Pearcy had iirc and he refused to give them his pass-code.

Did the other two plead guilty? And are going to be witnesses in this case? Just wanted to get up to speed here! :)

Thanks for the answer though!

As far as I know the other two haven't gotten plea deals yet concerning this specific case. I imagine if JA testifies for the state in ZAs case they may do a plea deal afterwards depending on how truthful he is during his testimony.

As far as Dylan I don't think he will testify against his brother. Zach has already made it clear to Dylan to keep his mouth shut or he will end up like Holly. Dylan knows that can happen to him even if he is inside of a jail or prison. Career criminals like ZA always have close contacts in the jails and prisons that would have nothing to lose if they harmed Dylan.

Imo, the key witness or star witness for the state will be JA. I do think he will be given a plea deal but it may be either 25-to life or LWOP. He will be spared the death penalty for testifying imo.

LOL! I wish I had a dollar for every time some thought the state's case was weak before the trial even started, and was worried sick justice wouldn't be done for the victim. Occasionally, I have been one of them but not in this case. But in the end the state had much more compelling evidence than any of us realized in so many cases, and the murderers were found guilty as charged. I believe it will be the same in this case.
RSBM

I can think of at least a couple of cases like that, one in which the defendant confessed just before the case went to trial and got LWOP.

JA was adamant about his innocence for years but now has agreed to a plea deal. He would never have confessed if he was confident the state didn't have substantial evidence to convict him. The fact that he was willing to take a deal suggests there is much more evidence than we're aware of, and plenty of witnesses who can testify to that.

JMO

Google Alert - sharing

New details about alleged murder weapon in Holly Bobo case
http://www.wsmv.com/story/36194709/new-details-about-alleged-murder-weapon-in-holly-bobo-case

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -
With three weeks to go until the start of the Holly Bobo murder trial, lawyers are talking about an alleged murder weapon that was recently discovered.
That gun is an Arminius model HW5 32 Smith and Wesson long revolver.
[.....]
Court documents show the gun was found with four rounds in it near John Holladay Road in Decatur County. The original pictures taken by investigators show an extremely rusted revolver in an inoperable state.
[.....]
The defense wants an expert to determine how long the gun was in the ground. They say it may have been there since before Bobo was murdered.
[.....]
They also want an expert to determine if the hole in Bobo’s skull could have come from a .32 caliber gun. They say the original discovery suggest the hole was made by a bigger and more powerful gun.

and again Thanks oceanblueeyes for your post #511!

Google Alert - sharing

Holly Bobo: Witness expected to present alibi for Zach Adams
http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...-expected-present-alibi-zach-adams/594120001/

SAVANNAH — Attorneys for Zach Adams have filed documents that identify three witnesses they expect to call during Adams' trial in September.
One of those witnesses is expected to testify to Adams' alibi.
[.....]
The witness, identified as Rebecca Earp, has been subpoenaed to testify, court documents say.

RSBM

I can think of at least a couple of cases like that, one in which the defendant confessed just before the case went to trial and got LWOP.

JA was adamant about his innocence for years but now has agreed to a plea deal. He would never have confessed if he was confident the state didn't have substantial evidence to convict him. The fact that he was willing to take a deal suggests there is much more evidence than we're aware of, and plenty of witnesses who can testify to that.

JMO

Exactly, and JA knows all of the discovery the state has against these three defendants because his attorney would inform and advise him of all the state has to convict him.

I have never thought the state case was weak, but I was more convinced than ever when I read JA planned to testify for the state. Big bad criminal bullies can show their true cowardly ways when the DP is on the table for THEM.

Loose lips is going to sink ZAs ship. Imo, he boasted to way too many people what he and the other two co-defendants had done to Holly.

I read elsewhere the so called alibi witness use to be ZAs girlfriend. Even if she gets up there, and gives him an (false imo) alibi it is not going to be inline with all of the evidence pointing to ZAs guilt nor the countless other witnesses who testifies for the state.. So I am not the least bit worried about her testifying. The state will be ready to cross examine her fully and IMO, will strip her of having any credibility. ZAs is so evil, and ruthless he most likely had someone on the outside threaten her if she didn't give him an alibi. IMO

It will be interesting if she gave him an alibi right after he was arrested. I am sure LE interviewed her way back then. How many times have we seen someone willing to lie on the stand for someone about supposed alibis? I have seen it happen numerous times. If she gets up there, and lies they need to charge her with perjury.

IMO

Google Alert - sharing

Holly Bobo: Witness expected to present alibi for Zach Adams
http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...-expected-present-alibi-zach-adams/594120001/

SAVANNAH — Attorneys for Zach Adams have filed documents that identify three witnesses they expect to call during Adams' trial in September.
One of those witnesses is expected to testify to Adams' alibi.
[.....]
The witness, identified as Rebecca Earp, has been subpoenaed to testify, court documents say.

So their entire CIC will consist of 1 ex-girlfriend and two hired guns? Not much of a CIC.

Google Alert - sharing

Holly Bobo: No blood evidence found on corroded gun
http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...-blood-evidence-found-corroded-gun/579962001/

SAVANNAH — No blood was found on the gun prosecutors have called a "critical piece of evidence" and believed to be the weapon used to kill 20-year-old Holly Bobo in 2011.
Court documents say Jennifer Nichols, the lead prosecutor in the case, told defense attorneys that the gun was found "near John Holladay Road in Decatur County, Tennessee." Nichols provided a photo of an "extremely rusted revolver," court documents say.
That revolver, an Arminus .32-caliber, was tested by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation on May 26, according to a Memphis Crime Lab report filed in Hardin County Circuit Court. The report says the revolver had to be cleaned because it was not operational when the TBI lab received the gun for testing.

more in article

My guess is that this gun is the supposed evidence that SA provided to investigators. It turned out not to have any provable direct link to the case, and that is why they wanted to renege on the immunity deal he had, to try to pressure him into giving something else instead. Only he didn't have anything else because he didn't really know anything - it was just something he offered them to get them to drop other unrelated charges against him.

If that is the case then it might not be all that useful. The prosecutors are probably going to try to introduce it as "possibly" the gun that killed Bobo, but without anything to actually support that. Basically as a prop, just as they apparently want to have Bobo's physical remains on display even though it is not necessary. The purpose of all of that is to create an emotive response in the jury without any actual evidence so they can get a conviction that way rather than through evidence.

I suspect that there will be little or no evidence introduced implicating the accused, outside of any deal they might make with one of the accused to testify against the other two. The prosecution have a lot of investigative reports and associated testimony, but the problem will be that little or none of it is going to directly implicate the accused....hence all of the shady tactics they have been employing leading up to the trial, which otherwise seems counterproductive if they were not clutching at straws. They will be able to show that Bobo was murdered, but the question of who did it might not be so clear.

As far as I know the other two haven't gotten plea deals yet concerning this specific case. I imagine if JA testifies for the state in ZAs case they may do a plea deal afterwards depending on how truthful he is during his testimony.

As far as Dylan I don't think he will testify against his brother. Zach has already made it clear to Dylan to keep his mouth shut or he will end up like Holly. Dylan knows that can happen to him even if he is inside of a jail or prison. Career criminals like ZA always have close contacts in the jails and prisons that would have nothing to lose if they harmed Dylan.

Imo, the key witness or star witness for the state will be JA. I do think he will be given a plea deal but it may be either 25-to life or LWOP. He will be spared the death penalty for testifying imo.

Nobody testifies implicating themselves in a crime in the hopes of maybe betting a plea deal. Either they have one or they don't.

It is more likely that if JA testifies he will claim that he was not involved but was aware of what happened in some way. If the prosecution accepts that he is being truthful by using him to testify in ZA's trial, they will have to drop the charges against him. They won't be able to use him, then later charge him with the same crime and claim he was lying when he testified in the first trial, because that would result in any conviction against ZA being overturned on appeal if JA's testimony played a role. The prosecution will have to choose one or the other. So, they may use JA in the trial as a witness even without a plea deal, but they would have to drop the charges against him to do that. He would walk out of court a free man. There would be no LWOP, no nothing.

It is one of the quirks of the legal system that even if you are aware of a crime you are not required to intervene unless you have some sort of statutory obligation (such as a teacher or police officer might have). The only time you would get into trouble would be if you actively tried to help the perp conceal his/her involvement or tried to obstruct the investigation in some way. I suspect that JA is going to make some claim along those lines, say that he was aware of ZA doing this or that, perhaps even personally witnessed it, but chose not to get involved.

Another Google Alert - someone mentioned above about the other two experts testifying - here's what they are testifying to.

New documents emerge weeks before Holly Bobo suspect’s trial
http://www.wbbjtv.com/2017/08/24/new-documents-emerge-weeks-holly-bobo-suspects-trial/

SAVANNAH, Tenn. — We are weeks away from the beginning of one of the biggest court cases to ever hit Hardin County as the murder trial for a suspect in the Holly Bobo case gets closer.
New court documents are now emerging.
After digging through over 100 pages of documents, WBBJ 7 Eyewitness News found the defense team for Zach Adams will call three key witnesses to the stand to testify on his behalf.
[.....]
The defense is also set to call Jon Reeves of Virginia and Dr. Larry Miller of East Tennessee to testify.
Reeves will testify regarding the location of cell phones in evidence on April 13, 2011.
Miller will testify on the authenticity of the handwriting in the case.

So far, over 100 subpoenas have gone out in the case for people to testify.

more at link

As I posted earlier JA HAS NOT been given a plea deal.

Jason Autry, 3 Others Given Immunity In Bobo Murder Trial

News of the agreement came days after Zach Adams' trial was delayed Thursday until September after the state introduced new evidence in the case.

The agreement will protect Autry by keeping his testimony from being used against him. Autry could still be prosecuted for his alleged role in Holly's death, but not for anything he may testify about against Zach Adams.

He has been given immunity...........for his testimony in this case, and not a plea deal.

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/jason-autry-3-others-given-immunity-in-bobo-murder-trial

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth
Back