Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is from the very link that you yourself provided..... " Lykken is in prison serving an unrelated 227-year sentence for rape and kidnapping."
Nor was the victim his wife.

Here is a little better info on the "nothing else" Lykken was convicted of http://law.justia.com/cases/south-dakota/supreme-court/1992/17478-1.html

What he was in prison for had nothing to do with the murder charge they tried to pin on him. That was the point. These things do happen, and largely they happen because of how the system works.

But getting to Lykken's case (the one he was in prison for), do you really think that warrants a 227 year sentence? In the facts of the case, presented in that appeal finding, the conviction depended largely on the credibility of the victim. She claimed that the act was non consensual, he claimed it was. There are some significant question marks however. Firstly, she claimed that she woke up with him sitting on the end of the bed. But there was no sign of forced entry and she claimed that the doors were locked. So how did he get in? Secondly, they were not alone in the apartment and this supposedly happened over a number of hours. It seems unlikely that a ruckus going in the next room would not pass unnoticed. Then there are the subsequent events. For example, not calling police immediately, but instead calling friends the next day who then advised calling the police. Also, the encounter between the victim and Lykken the following day. IMO you could plausibly argue that all is consistent with him being there by consent, but at some point in the night things went south and some sort of conflict happened. Which is different from her account. You should also keep in mind that in her prior divorce proceedings, the victim had admitted to committing perjury, so not being fully truthful in order to achieve her own ends is not an alien concept to her. Her version of events may not be fully accurate.

Then there is the nature of the charges and how they considered the evidence. The argument that "kidnapping" was a discrete and separate element from the rape IMO is complete nonsense. We all know what kidnapping is, and to apply it in this context is playing games with the letter of the law, twisting it to serve a purpose it was not intended to serve. And in any case, the facts underlying both charges are identical, so even if you accept that they are different, the sentences should be concurrent, not consecutive. The kidnapping charge appears to have been included for the sole purpose of ramping up the sentence on a conviction.

There are two possible explanations for why they would have gone for such a lengthy sentence that is substantially out of proportion to the crime, particularly considering the doubt that exists regarding the accuracy of accounts. Firstly, this Lykken guy appears to be an unsavory character. The local LE/DA may have decided that this would be an opportune time to remove him from the community for good, so they stretched things as far as possible to achieve that. The other possibility is that he was overcharged in an effort to get him to plea down and avoid the cost of a trial. They get a conviction, case closed and everyone is happy (except Lykken). But when he maintained that he didn't do what was being alleged, they made an example of him and got him the max, to serve as a message for future cases of what happens when you don't play the DA's game. The next guy coming along is not going to risk maybe getting 227 years in prison, and instead will take the 5 years in a plea bargain. The risk of fighting back for a poor person is simply too great if that is the price they could pay.

You have to kind of wonder, if the local LE/DA were so willing to try and pin a murder rap on Lykken on what must have been clearly flimsy grounds, how sure can we be that they didn't do the exact same thing in his original case?

But getting to Lykken's case (the one he was in prison for), do you really think that warrants a 227 year sentence?

He will never get out .........if you had read the link I posted in full and you would know the following facts rather then the sugar coating you are trying to apply to his case to fit the parameters you are seeking.

He admitted to being a habitual stalker/rape offender of different women after he was convicted.
3 different women testified that he did the exact same thing to them and then threatened them not to report the rapes...which they did not report.Because they feared for their lives.
His ex-wife also testified he abused her and also shot at her once while she was pregnant.
The physical evidence left on the victim matched her version of the event precisely but did not match Lykkens version at all.

If you want guys like Lykken waking the street beside your family and friends ....thats fine ....I would prefer he is in jail

Now onto the murder charges.... Lykkens trial was in 1994 ....they reopened the missing person case of the 2 girls in 2004.They knew what Lykken was convicted of and also the testimony of other victims at his trial.He was a classmate of the missing girls and also lived very close to where they were last seen.This alone is enough to make him a prime suspect and at the top of LE's radar.

A search of his property turned up some unidentified womens belonging's (purse,clothing....etc) and a lot of newspaper clippings about their dissapearence.All this plus the informants claims caused him being indicted.

Not just the informants claims like you are trying to convey.......YES this informants false testimony had a part in his indictment but wasn't the only reason he was charged with murder.

Lykken was wrongly accused and indicted of murder.No argument from me there.

But you were trying to express he was in jail for a little scuffle with his wife and ended up getting charged with murder because of a lying informant......this is very far from the truth.

Either you knew very little about the Lykken case or tried to leave out details that did not support your view of why the indictment happened.

FWIW I read your original post about Lykken a couple days ago and just yesterday clicked the link because I was bored and enjoy reading about criminal cases and saw right away there were huge discrepancies in your post and the actual facts.

Thanks for this new info.

I can't put much faith into what this witness has claimed yet ......almost all of it except for the shooting-beating has been news items and could easily be fabricated.

It is interesting because this is the second time and second source I have heard the claims of Holly being at ZA's house a couple days before her abduction......since I don't believe she was ever there my thoughts that the prosecution can prove she was in that house is getting stronger and these guys are going to try and explain that evidence as she was there on her own free will sometime before her abduction.

What give me strong cause for concerns is ....why would they target a college student for a robbery?
I know they were probably clouded by drugs and stupidity but I have a hard time believing this was the primary motive for why she was approached that day in her carport.

If this witness didn't give them something that matches their evidence that hasn't been released ....he won't see the stand.

Still interesting ......finger pointing,Holly being at ZA's house earlier has now been alleged coming from both JA and ZA

BBM: The article actually states that he said ZA said that she was at his house a few days before she died. IMO this could mean, after she was abducted and that they could have held her there at his house for a few days before they killed her. (Just my interpretation)

He will never get out .........if you had read the link I posted in full and you would know the following facts rather then the sugar coating you are trying to apply to his case to fit the parameters you are seeking.

He admitted to being a habitual stalker/rape offender of different women after he was convicted.
3 different women testified that he did the exact same thing to them and then threatened them not to report the rapes...which they did not report.Because they feared for their lives.
His ex-wife also testified he abused her and also shot at her once while she was pregnant.
The physical evidence left on the victim matched her version of the event precisely but did not match Lykkens version at all.

If you want guys like Lykken waking the street beside your family and friends ....thats fine ....I would prefer he is in jail

Now onto the murder charges.... Lykkens trial was in 1994 ....they reopened the missing person case of the 2 girls in 2004.They knew what Lykken was convicted of and also the testimony of other victims at his trial.He was a classmate of the missing girls and also lived very close to where they were last seen.This alone is enough to make him a prime suspect and at the top of LE's radar.

A search of his property turned up some unidentified womens belonging's (purse,clothing....etc) and a lot of newspaper clippings about their dissapearence.All this plus the informants claims caused him being indicted.

Not just the informants claims like you are trying to convey.......YES this informants false testimony had a part in his indictment but wasn't the only reason he was charged with murder.

Lykken was wrongly accused and indicted of murder.No argument from me there.

But you were trying to express he was in jail for a little scuffle with his wife and ended up getting charged with murder because of a lying informant......this is very far from the truth.

Either you knew very little about the Lykken case or tried to leave out details that did not support your view of why the indictment happened.

FWIW I read your original post about Lykken a couple days ago and just yesterday clicked the link because I was bored and enjoy reading about criminal cases and saw right away there were huge discrepancies in your post and the actual facts.

I think you should re-examine your reading of what I said. They had no evidence that he was involved in a murder outside of the jailhouse confession. All the other things you are trying to cite as "evidence" are not evidence of anything, and none of it would have been admissible. The fact that the charges were dropped after they determined that the witness was lying proves that. And not only that, we now know that the local LE/DA were full of it to begin with, because the girls were not murdered at all. They were basically just guessing.

On the question of why he was in prison in the first place, there is reason to think that he does have an argument in that particular case, and certainly the sentence he received was far in disproportion to the crime he committed. The local LE/DA was clearly laying it on thick, presumably to remove him from the community forever. Or maybe that is just what they do there. In any event, they later latched on to him to "solve" a cold case even though their evidence was pretty sketchy at best. It does not reflect well on their investigative objectivity. If their objectivity was so flawed in that case, it was probably flawed in many other cases as well. Those things don't happen just once, they are representative of a thought process and a pattern of behavior. That was the point I was making to Ocean. This kind of stuff does happen, contrary to what she appeared to believe.

I am sorry you didn't get it, but there is nothing I can do about that.

The point I was making about the search of Adams' property resulting in an arrest shortly afterwards has nothing to do with an arrest based on eye witness testimony only. Yes, cases have been overturned due to faulty eye witness testimony but most all of those cases were/are old cases where DNA testing wasn't available at the time. Much has changed now in our court system. I haven't seen one case that I can remember lately that was based solely on eye witness testimony during the trial and I don't expect to see it in this case either. This is a case where the arrest was in 2013 and not a case that happened in the 80s or 90s.

This case like every other death penalty case I have ever kept up with will have both direct plus all forms of circumstantial evidence... which is as powerful or even more so in many cases than direct, contrary to what defense attorneys would have us believe. These goons may have thought they cleaned everything really well or they may have been so strung out and arrogant thinking they were untouchable they didn't clean up that well at all. The place was probably a pig sty.

After all Adams had to think he was a Teflon Don since he got away with other violent crimes. He should have been sent to prison for shooting his mother but the enabler she is she covered it up. Had she not done so maybe Holly would be alive and well today. He also should have served time for pulling a weapon on his grandfather but once again he was allowed to carry on his criminal acts so he took it one step further and he kidnapped, raped and murdered a defenseless young woman. He reminds me of Jesse Matthews who should have been locked up a long time ago for the rapes he had committed. If that had happened Morgan and Hannah would both be alive today.

I entire point of my post was to say I firmly believe the Bobo family would NOT take the mere words of any person as the irrefutable proof their daughter had been murdered. It would take evidence........evidence that showed them beyond ALL doubt their daughter was indeed dead. Especially since none of her remains had been found at the time.

Why would they believe SA? He couldn't even show LE where the remains were. Its simple, they wouldn't believe him. Why should they? He didn't prove their daughter had been killed.

I believe they found evidence in the Adams' home showing Holly was there and that something very bad happened to her when she was held kidnapped in that house of horrors. It was something so strong and convincing even the Bobo family knew all hope was gone. I don't think Holly would have ever willingly stepped foot on the property much less enter the home of the locally known infamous criminal and strung out meth head.

IMO

Tentative trial date for #HollyBobo Case has been set for April 3, 2017. Unclear if all Autry and Adams brothers will be tried together @NC5

According to Chris Conte with NC5.

Judge McGinley said he doesn't care who he tries, but a trial will begin with 1, 2, or all 3 on April 3, 2017.

Defense for Dylan Adams claimed it took a days work just to find the discovery files for Dylan (there is so much, enough to fill 4 courtrooms if it were printed and boxed).

Jason Autry is being represented by a new atty Robert Parris that has actually been on the case now for a while. JA was in court without his bulletproof vest this time.

Zack Adams was not in court.

I updated the "Justice for Holly" section of the Case Archive.
Unfortunately, the site has not been able to fix the organization glitch, and the
last few months are out of order and remain on the last couple pages.
Just go to the end to see the latest news for now.

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...ly Bobo -TN-/Justice for Holly?sort=6&page=1

:seeya: Hello, Y'all !

Thank You all for the updates from the recent hearing.

I haven't been here in a while, as I have been dealing with "real life" . :scared: .

Hoping to get caught up soon and will post any new updates.

:seeya:

NC5_ChrisConte
41 mins ·
Spotted at the Capitol. Decatur County DA Matt Stowe who kicked @TBInvestigation off the ‪#‎HollyBobo‬ case 2 years ago https://t.co/ILVFprASnz

IMO, a cruel reminder how long getting Justice For Holly is taking.

Hoping Stowe is there on behalf of Holly and the injustices that aided in the Criminals being on the streets to commit the crimes against her.

JMO

LTNS everyone. I hope everyone has been doing well.

When I heard the news that the FBI had finally found a third party who could get into the Apple smartphone of the CA terrorist without having to have the code and password, I immediately wondered if the TBI would now send the Pearcey phone to the FBI asking for it to be unlocked as well. Since they have finally found a way to get into all of these smartphones which are encrypted it could really help many other criminal cases since so much evidence is being found on smartphone usage now.

I am sure they could go back before the Judge again stating this is a new way of gathering evidence and ask for a search warrant on his phone again. I will always believe a video was made of Holly's brutalization. There is no way two different people would say it existed if it didn't. Mrs. King testified to it and also Dylan said one was made. They have until 2017 to unlock the phone. Since they said charges could be refiled later on maybe the police still have the phone in their custody.

imo

Minutes after I posted above I read this article.

It has already begun. The FBI has already agreed to help an Arkansas' Prosecutor, and will open a iphone connected to a murder trial. This is great news for all states, and the justice system. If they are willing to help one they will help others who request their assistance.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fb...dino-device/ar-BBrc5UO?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=HPCDHP

It has already begun. The FBI has already agreed to help an Arkansas' Prosecutor, and will open a iphone connected to a murder trial. This is great news for all states, and the justice system. If they are willing to help one they will help others who request their assistance.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fb...dino-device/ar-BBrc5UO?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=HPCDHP

An interesting article.....real interesting in the Bobo case if Pearcy's phone is one of which they think they can unlock.(I do not remember which type of phone he was alleged to have been using).....I would think they still have it in evidence since the charges can still be refilled and that phone is the key evidence they would have against him.

I read it twice to make sure I wasn't reading it wrong but the anonymous source at the end seems to contradict everything the FBI is now doing in the Arkansas case......unless he/she means they will only help with cases where charges have already been filed.

Sooner of later they will perfect the hacking process to gain entry to all locked phones and this is headed to the higher courts to try and keep the steps involved out of the discovery process in criminal trials.....since the steps to unlock a phone would be a disaster being public knowledge.

"It has already begun."

Apparently not. I've wondered as well, if there would be applicability to this case, but there's an issue. "The [FBI] official said it was also unlikely that the FBI would use the new tool in cases that would result in criminal prosecutions because the method would then become subject to discovery at trial."

"It has already begun."

Apparently not. I've wondered as well, if there would be applicability to this case, but there's an issue. "The [FBI] official said it was also unlikely that the FBI would use the new tool in cases that would result in criminal prosecutions because the method would then become subject to discovery at trial."

Discovery. Ah, there's the rub.

So speaking of the phone video and unlocking - I wondered since then why they were not able to retrieve the data. I 'always' thought that forensics could retrieve the memory even in a smashed phone. My sense was that they simply wanted the phone to work as it should if it was undamaged.

I am not a phone or computer techie but I had doubts that the lab in Quantico was that stumped that they could not retrieve it. Or was it that if they disassemble it and don't find deleted data because of a wipe, etc., then all is lost?

Do I give forensics too much credit?

I am not a tech person, but I don't think there is a computer system or phone system anywhere in the world that cannot be hacked.

I am not a phone or computer techie but I had doubts that the lab in Quantico was that stumped that they could not retrieve it. Or was it that if they disassemble it and don't find deleted data because of a wipe, etc., then all is lost?

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/03/03/technology/apple-iphone-fbi-fight-explained.html

I did not understand what the fight was about between apple and LE about unlocking a phone or the struggle LE had in trying to unlock them until after the recent post and I started searching for info.I always thought it was more geared to right to privacy laws and could not figure out how a search warrant wouldn't supersede

I have a company issued smart phone and it locks after 3 tries and I have to take it to the IT dept......I know this because I had it set to fingerprint and apparently that does not work so well if your finger is dirty.

To be completely honest I am still not sure what exactly all the issues are but the link above shed a little light on the subject for me.

I am not a tech person, but I don't think there is a computer system or phone system anywhere in the world that cannot be hacked.

Perhaps true. But sometimes what "can be" is impossible for practical reasons. Although there could be other issues too, one obstacle I'm thinking of is the cost.

"Cost" would be no issue if Apple had a master key they'd lend you. Or FBI too. But without those, what can a little county afford? What might it cost to create specialized one-time-use software and/or devote massive man hours to a try? And would you care to spend, knowing that Apple and the other phone makers were trying to make your "key" useless with a new upgrade to their OS? If i read correctly, the entire county budget for Decatur Co TN for everything for a year is under $10M. They're not spending $1M to create software to hack this phone, and probably not even $50-100K on something they use 1 time and then, even if it works, may never be usable again.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/03/03/technology/apple-iphone-fbi-fight-explained.html

I did not understand what the fight was about between apple and LE about unlocking a phone or the struggle LE had in trying to unlock them until after the recent post and I started searching for info.I always thought it was more geared to right to privacy laws and could not figure out how a search warrant wouldn't supersede .

Yeah, the issue with Apple was that the FBI's "wants" and Apple's own aims were in direct conflict. Apple's goal is to have a completely unhackable product, and if one gets hacked, to then close the door so it can't happen again. In complete contrast, the FBI wanted Apple to hack their own "unhackable" product, do so at their own expense, and presumably provide a "master key" to the FBI for future use anytime they ask. It was a combination of privacy rights and business owner rights that the FBI was trying to trample, and fortunately the courts said no.

Yeah, the issue with Apple was that the FBI's "wants" and Apple's own aims were in direct conflict. Apple's goal is to have a completely unhackable product, and if one gets hacked, to then close the door so it can't happen again. In complete contrast, the FBI wanted Apple to hack their own "unhackable" product, do so at their own expense, and presumably provide a "master key" to the FBI for future use anytime they ask. It was a combination of privacy rights and business owner rights that the FBI was trying to trample, and fortunately the courts said no.

If someone did hack an IPhone, would Apple know about it if the person did not make an announcement that he/she had done so? I mean, would the phone automatically send an alert to Apple?

Good question, who knows? But that's really the issue that Apple and all the others already deal with continuously - security of their products, for those who are trying to get unauthorized access, and how to keep it from happening again if it happens once. LE hackers are the least of their worries.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exam_Dumps
Back