Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #2 ***ARREST***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume you're referring to posts #304 & #312 by the same member, posts which aren't backed up with a bit of MSM.

I think Karen Anne RN, has recently become a verified insider/local. YEAH!! :cool: So, is it safe to quote her posts now or do we still need MSM? I really don't know and as stated above, I stay confused :confused: most of the time. I have bugged poor Kimster to death with questions concerning 'safe topics' and websites.

Thank you, jggordo.

Our SAR team was not at ZA's home for that search, but investigators did a thorough search of the area, as well as a number of other places.

This is not a circumstantial case.
I was talking about ZA. With the charge of Especially Aggravated Kidnapping and First Degree Felony Murder, in conjunction with evidence, plus HS positively identifying him as the man who attempted to abduct her three months before Holly was taken, I do not believe he will be returned to society.

Ah that is good to know Karen Anne.

I have always felt they had much more than circumstantial evidence.

Good to know they have a solid case.

IMO

Investigators have proof of death in this case, and the family has been notified. We are all devastated.

I ordered a pink and green bow for my front door, from the florist in Parsons, that makes the ones seen all over Decatur and Hamilton counties.
I asked the lady why these bows are now pink and green, instead of the pink ones we used before.

The pink was for Holly, being her favorite color, and meaning Hope For Holly.
The pink and green is for Justice for Holly.

Holly loved pink roses, and her favorite Christmas carol was "Silent Night.''
Upon graduation, Holly's planned to go on a mission with her church, and do nursing.

HS has positively identified ZA as being the man who tried to abduct her from her driveway one morning, three months before Holly was taken.

In my opinion, ZA will not be returned to public life.

Holly was my little sister-nurse. All who knew her, describe her the same way - "She was so precious. You just don't know.''

I have added many photos to my 2 Holly albums here, and there are many, many more on my Holly album, on ''that social networking site.''
I made most of the frames for the ones that are framed. If there are any that you would like to have a copy of, please feel free to take as many of them as you wish.

Do you feel at some point the family will have a memorial service for Holly?

Ah that is good to know Karen Anne.

I have always felt they had much more than circumstantial evidence.

Good to know they have a solid case.

IMO

Respectfully, the prosecution can (and usually does) have a solid case with only circumstantial evidence. Even if another person testifies that ZA attempted to abduct her (being the other person, not Holly), that would not qualify as direct evidence, and would only be circumstantial evidence (and may actually not be admissible in a trial, as it has nothing to do with Holly's abduction). Direct evidence of Holly's murder would mean that someone has confessed to killing her, or that someone witnessed her being killed, or that there is some documentary evidence (say, a videotape) of her murder. Anything else, including hearsay evidence of a confession, DNA, fingerprints, ballistics, etc., would be circumstantial evidence.

But this doesn't mean that circumstantial evidence is weak. In fact, it is the basis for most prosecutions.

They have what they need.

(And it's my opinion that they will also charge him with the attempted abduction of HS, plus the recent stolen goods he had on his person.)

So sorry for your loss. Thanks for your input here. Hope your assessment of the case proves accurate, as it's hard to know how much is "enough" until they actually hang the scum-sucker.

Respectfully, the prosecution can (and usually does) have a solid case with only circumstantial evidence. Even if another person testifies that ZA attempted to abduct her (being the other person, not Holly), that would not qualify as direct evidence, and would only be circumstantial evidence (and may actually not be admissible in a trial, as it has nothing to do with Holly's abduction). Direct evidence of Holly's murder would mean that someone has confessed to killing her, or that someone witnessed her being killed, or that there is some documentary evidence (say, a videotape) of her murder. Anything else, including hearsay evidence of a confession, DNA, fingerprints, ballistics, etc., would be circumstantial evidence.

But this doesn't mean that circumstantial evidence is weak. In fact, it is the basis for most prosecutions.

Maybe I worded my post wrong Montjoy. Let me clarify. I am one who has said for 10 years that CE cases are very strong, and can be even stronger than direct evidence cases in many instances, since confessions, and eye witness testimony can be faulty or deemed not to be credible.

I do think this will be a strong CE case, and may have some direct evidence mixed in with the CE.

We will have to wait and see if others were present at the time of the murder and may testify against ZA in his trial.

What I do believe firmly is LE has good forensic evidence (CE) that Holly has been murdered. I even believe due to the quickness between the SW, and ZAs arrest they found some or all of Holly's remains. I think this is the number one reason the DA is considering the death penalty. They are positive that Holly is no longer alive, and now after three years of refusing to think otherwise, the Bobo family now knows it too.

As far as Heather Sullivan I have seen other criminal acts come into the trial but it has to be relevant to the crimes charged, and this does have relevancy, imo. It is the same like crime of kidnapping even though it wasn't successful. So I do think there is a chance this may be allowed in at trial due to the similarities.

Maybe I worded my post wrong Montjoy. Let me clarify. I am one who has said for 10 years that CE cases are very strong, and can be even stronger than direct evidence cases in many instances, since confessions, and eye witness testimony can be faulty or deemed not to be credible.

I do think this will be a strong CE case, and may have some direct evidence mixed in with the CE.

We will have to wait and see if others were present at the time of the murder and may testify against ZA in his trial.

What I do believe firmly is LE has good forensic evidence (CE) that Holly has been murdered. I even believe due to the quickness between the SW, and ZAs arrest they found some or all of Holly's remains. I think this is the number one reason the DA is considering the death penalty. They are positive that Holly is no longer alive, and now after three years of refusing to think otherwise, the Bobo family now knows it too.

As far as Heather Sullivan I have seen other criminal acts come into the trial but it has to be relevant to the crimes charged, and this does have relevancy, imo. It is the same like crime of kidnapping even though it wasn't successful. So I do think there is a chance this may be allowed in at trial due to the similarities.
RE: What I do believe firmly is LE has good forensic evidence

I agree that there is likely indictable(damning) forensics evidence in HB's kidnapping/murder. Imo, the CSI effect on jurors is a very significant consideration by prosecutors in the 21st century...

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/judges-lawyers-split-on-csi-effect-on-jurors/nPzNJ/

Judges, lawyers split on “CSI Effect” on jurors

By Lou Grieco
Staff writer
With research showing nearly two-third of jurors expect scientific evidence in every criminal case, judges and attorneys are worried that fictional television shows might be raising the bar for prosecutions, even changing what constitutes reasonable doubt.
Clark County Prosecutor Andy Wilson remembers the time a juror asked him why police didn’t dust a sex-crime victim’s body for fingerprints.
“We’re lucky to get fingerprints off a gun in a lot of cases,” Wilson said.
<sniped - read more>

I agree that there is likely indictable(damning) forensics evidence in HB's kidnapping/murder. Imo, the CSI effect on jurors is a very significant consideration by prosecutors in the 21st century...

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/judges-lawyers-split-on-csi-effect-on-jurors/nPzNJ/

Judges, lawyers split on &#8220;CSI Effect&#8221; on jurors

By Lou Grieco
Staff writer
With research showing nearly two-third of jurors expect scientific evidence in every criminal case, judges and attorneys are worried that fictional television shows might be raising the bar for prosecutions, even changing what constitutes reasonable doubt.
Clark County Prosecutor Andy Wilson remembers the time a juror asked him why police didn&#8217;t dust a sex-crime victim&#8217;s body for fingerprints.
&#8220;We&#8217;re lucky to get fingerprints off a gun in a lot of cases,&#8221; Wilson said.
<sniped - read more>

I do agree that the CSI affect is helping to dumb down America and those who may find themselves as jurors. They want a 'smoking gun' just like they see on a tv show. Imo, that is what happened in the CA case and the jurors overburdened the state with things they did not have to prove.

Often times there simply isn't a 'smoking gun' but there is an overwhelming amount of CE that paints a very clear, and convincing image. Just as clear of an image as if they did have the smoking gun.

CE are much more telling to me and easier to understand. The evidence is entered link by link until the chain is very sturdy and unbreakable.

Since most jurors continue to get it, right day and day out, the importance of circumstantial evidence is not lost on most jurors.

I have full faith that ZAs jury will do the right and just thing based upon a solid CE case.

IMO

(And it's my opinion that they will also charge him with the attempted abduction of HS, plus the recent stolen goods he had on his person.)

Karen, do you think they will eventually charge him in the pearl heist?

tia

What a horrible horrible thing. Just hearing about these developments. Absolutely no coverage.

Just is shock how close this guy was? Any truth to the report that this guy shot his own mother? Twice?? I must be reading that wrong.

What a horrible horrible thing. Just hearing about these developments. Absolutely no coverage.

Just is shock how close this guy was? Any truth to the report that this guy shot his own mother? Twice?? I must be reading that wrong.

No doubt that everyone here agrees with you about the horrible-horribleness of this crime. Myself, at this stage of the game, I don't care at all about the coverage, and in a way I'm kind of glad that there is little coverage.

As coverage increases, so does the energy towards a change of venue. Also, with more coverage, it could become more likely that the accused will receive less punishment, as non-elected judges may be disinclined to punish people on the basis of public opinion.

JMO here, but I would hope that the accused must face trial as soon as possible, and I do not think that he will ever get to walk into a McD's, BK, or Taco Hell in the rest of his life.

I hade only read of shooting mother once in the knee (not that that is in any way a good thing or makes shooting your mom any better).

No doubt that everyone here agrees with you about the horrible-horribleness of this crime. Myself, at this stage of the game, I don't care at all about the coverage, and in a way I'm kind of glad that there is little coverage.

As coverage increases, so does the energy towards a change of venue. Also, with more coverage, it could become more likely that the accused will receive less punishment, as non-elected judges may be disinclined to punish people on the basis of public opinion.

JMO here, but I would hope that the accused must face trial as soon as possible, and I do not think that he will ever get to walk into a McD's, BK, or Taco Hell in the rest of his life.

Very valid points. Can't disagree. I guess since the case is important to me, I was expecting to see more about it. Just catching up on everything. The Search Warrant Threads have a lot of information in them. I recently saw a dateline or 60 minutes expose about the severe Meth/Pill epidemic in rural KY.. Kind of brings it all home.

I hade only read of shooting mother once in the knee (not that that is in any way a good thing or makes shooting your mom any better).

You would think that would be enough to send you to jail for the rest of your life...

Wonless, there has actually been a lot of ms media coverage as of late, after almost three years of virtual silence by TBI investigators. Silence by investigators in missing/murdered persons investigations is the predators most lethal weapon, imo...
Imo, HB was not ZA's first, last, or only innocent victim..

Yes, it is true that ZA shot his mother and later threatened to shoot his grandparents with a shotgun. ZA was also charged on two different occasions of assaulting a police officer.. Why would ZA not kidnap, rape, torture, and murder an unsuspecting innocent victim. ZA had escaped even minimal consequences for his deviant felonious behavior so many times before..

ZA's Rap Sheet;
http://content.foxtvmedia.com/whbq/ZacharyAdams_criminalhistory.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members