Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #2 ***ARREST***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to think that the new call for witnesses to come forward is to play on the conscious of person or persons with some knowledge who may be feeling like it might come out that they knew something, like they are saying, we know you knew, and now is your chance to come forward before we arrest you for withhold evidence or something like that.

I hope they know... and its not just a bluff, but failing that, I hope it works.

Just checking on Holly. This girl has really touched my heart.

Did they find her body? Why not use kidnapping/ murder? Why use disappearance?

Example. Anyone with information regarding this crime, please call TBI at *advertiser censored* xxxx

KWIM

They are just putting out an additional request for anyone who witnessed Holly's Kidnapping, or other crimes against her, to come forward.

Making sure they have everyone involved.

Hold back evidence/info, imo, masootz. The investigation is still active, according to the TBI.. There may be others involved that come forward in hopes of making a deal for lesser charges or maybe a witness's statement that overheard an indictable conversation, etc. Hold back info is used to verify if the info provided is truth or rumor..

i respect your opinion but i disagree. i can't see any way that pretending you don't have the body makes others more likely to come forward. in fact, i think if you said to other pois "we have a body, you better tell us what you know before this gets bad" they'd be more likely to make a deal.

that said, we can agree to disagree. i've just never heard of the discovery of a body being withheld for more than a day or two, we have no evidence of a body, and i don't know how they'd keep that kind of info quiet considering the people who would know the truth - searchers, le, paramedics, medical examiner's office, etc.

I respectfully disagree. Yes, of course the investigation itself continues with LE but I've never seen a murder case where LE asks the public to come forward with information. They usually do it behind closed doors and they know exactly who to go to. The case went to a grand jury and there was enough evidence to charge ZA for kidnapping and murder.

Saying the investigation into Holly's disappearance remains open makes no sense.

Really? I have seen it happen countless times in other murder investigations so I didn't expect this one to be any different than the way other police departments handle it.

Every police department I have seen continues to urge others to come forward if they know something about the defendant or the case.

I think they are speaking to the community at large. Those who may have been so fearful of ZA that they were afraid to tell what they know but now that he is locked away behind bars they can now come forward without any backlash from ZA.

I also think the coercion charges sends a strong message to other potential witnesses who may know things but have been afraid to come forward. It is telling all of them that the TBI is on top of it, and ZA will not be able to intimidate or threaten to kill someone to keep them from testifying. The TBI is going to make sure the witnesses are protected.

IMO

It seems we are back to LE not saying anything about anything. At a minimum they should tell the public whether they found her remains or not.

Im beginning to wonder if she was targeted to be delivered to a higher up as payment for a debt.

If it turns out that the failed abduction of the other girl is related to this case I am more inclined to think that the perp(s) were trying to get someone as some sort of payback to someone higher up. Because it seems to me they were purposely targeting very pretty girls. Maybe they owed someone a bunch of money and asked what else they could do instead and that person said well if you bring me a very pretty girl I will forget about the debt. Maybe it was the brothers idea to deliver a girl as payback to the higher up.

The perps seemed to be selectively targeting the most prettiest girl in the county. That sure would bring attention to the case. And once the case was identified a total lock on information was clamped down right after they stopped doing searches using public help. People were still wanting to search and they seemed to stop them too early IMO.
They blamed the bad weather and then never started them back up.

Nothing makes any sense still about the secrecy from day 1. I still wonder if there is more to this case than just these creeps. If we take his threat to his brother literally then how would he kill his brother from jail. Maybe he meant that others would have him killed. Maybe the others are higher ups that said they only way they would forgive the debt is if they brought a very pretty girl.

If he did owe someone some money then thinking along the lines of someone fronted him the supplies he needed to keep his meth operation going. Somehow he would have had to have owed a lot of money. Maybe related to the pearl heists too.

I may be way off base with all of this but what bothers me the most is the secrecy and lack of information being given to the public. We now have 2 people that know where she is and LE is not telling us if they found her remains or not. Cmon. Something is not right about this whole thing.

i respect your opinion but i disagree. i can't see any way that pretending you don't have the body makes others more likely to come forward. in fact, i think if you said to other pois "we have a body, you better tell us what you know before this gets bad" they'd be more likely to make a deal.

that said, we can agree to disagree. i've just never heard of the discovery of a body being withheld for more than a day or two, we have no evidence of a body, and i don't know how they'd keep that kind of info quiet considering the people who would know the truth - searchers, le, paramedics, medical examiner's office, etc.

There have been cases where a body was found, and the family members knew ahead of the announcement that it was the remains of their loved one, yet it took 2 months for the announcement to be made.

And the DA didn't pretend anything, imo. They refused to answer either way and would not comment one way or the other when asked that question.

Imo, they will not parlay with Zach Adams. They have discovered what they need to prove he kidnapped and murdered Holly.

Although personally, I do believe her remains were found, possibly in the old well on his property, and that is why the backhoe was brought in and left a muddy mess. Its also why after the three day search he was quickly arrested and charged with her kidnapping and murder, imo.

Skeletal remains take much much longer to be forensically examined by an anthropologist, and the medical examiner. It could take many many months for all the testing to be done, and the defense also has a right to do their own testing by their own expert after the state is completely through with theirs.

Some family members never got the remains back of their loved ones. John Walsh had to finally go to the MEs office and retrieve what was found of his son, Adam, so he could give him a burial.

I don't think the DA is pretending anything. Although if someone who participated is catching heat from the TBI if they thought the body had not been found, and they knew the location, that could make them talk trying to broker the best deal and lessor charges maybe.

If any deals are done it will not be between ZA, and the State, imo. It will be others who had lessor roles.

They are never going to reveal who they are continuing to investigate nor should they. We will know that if and when arrest warrants come down just like we knew ZA had been charged with coercion when it happened.

IMO

It seems we are back to LE not saying anything about anything. At a minimum they should tell the public whether they found her remains or not.

Im beginning to wonder if she was targeted to be delivered to a higher up as payment for a debt.

If it turns out that the failed abduction of the other girl is related to this case I am more inclined to think that the perp(s) were trying to get someone as some sort of payback to someone higher up. Because it seems to me they were purposely targeting very pretty girls. Maybe they owed someone a bunch of money and asked what else they could do instead and that person said well if you bring me a very pretty girl I will forget about the debt. Maybe it was the brothers idea to deliver a girl as payback to the higher up.

The perps seemed to be selectively targeting the most prettiest girl in the county. That sure would bring attention to the case. And once the case was identified a total lock on information was clamped down right after they stopped doing searches using public help. People were still wanting to search and they seemed to stop them too early IMO.
They blamed the bad weather and then never started them back up.

Nothing makes any sense still about the secrecy from day 1. I still wonder if there is more to this case than just these creeps. If we take his threat to his brother literally then how would he kill his brother from jail. Maybe he meant that others would have him killed. Maybe the others are higher ups that said they only way they would forgive the debt is if they brought a very pretty girl.

If he did owe someone some money then thinking along the lines of someone fronted him the supplies he needed to keep his meth operation going. Somehow he would have had to have owed a lot of money. Maybe related to the pearl heists too.

I may be way off base with all of this but what bothers me the most is the secrecy and lack of information being given to the public. We now have 2 people that know where she is and LE is not telling us if they found her remains or not. Cmon. Something is not right about this whole thing.

Differing DAs and state agencies do things the way they see fit whether others are agreeable with it or not. The TBI has always been secretive about the cases they are in charge of. When more things are learned in a case it is when the case is being handle by local police who will leak things to the media. That is not the case in this one. The local police have no control over this case whatsoever. This is a state investigation and those kind of investigations are always tighter lipped. Which imo, is a good thing.........not a bad thing.

I think young attractive females are targeted because the suspects had a motive to sexually abuse them. Unfortunately, right here on this site we have seen this occur time after time. It always seems to be the same MO for the pervert. Female is very attractive. Female is alone at the time of kidnapping, and female is later on found murdered because the suspect leaves no witnesses behind that can tell what they have endured.

Adams is well known in the justice system. He has been a career criminal for over a decade and in and out of jail. Inmates pick up followers and enablers and they can have sordid characters willing to do anything for them. Especially if the inmate has nothing to lose and is already looking at LWOP or worse. So he threatened his own brother to make him fearful so he would have to watch his back continuously. Although, I think they have now put JA in protective custody to see that no one can get to him to do him harm.

The thing about kidnapper/rapist/murderers is they know they can target even the most beautiful girl in town. One that never associated with them and never would. I think that is a part of the thrill that any female alone, and vulnerable can be taken by them. I think that is why we see so many young beautiful women who come up missing and some are never found. The perp seems to be drawn to females that would never give them the time of day if the victim had a choice. Tragically, it isn't hard to kidnap a young unsuspecting female.

I just don't see this case as being complex. I think ZA wanted HB for himself and he took her. Now others may have been involved once he got her to a different location, but I think they will be buddies that hung around him and not any higher ups. JMO though.

Happy Friday~

I've been thinking about this.. on the why they haven't said they have found her.
I tend to think, they have something..they have positive proof, in which form, I'm
not gonna speculate..However, it is something that the Bobo's know for a fact Holly
is no longer here and it would have to have been something that the Bobo's would accept.

I tend to think, that yes more are involved.. before, during and after. Then of course here comes the new charge against ZA..and I think they LE let this become public knowledge so others will know, they aren't playing around. They have more information and they LE just want others to know, it is safe to come forward. They know who they want to come forward and tell what they know.

On another note, found an article this morning that tell's more of the charges and such against the brother JDA. I found it interesting in the fact, the Federal Public Defender that JDA has will not let him talk and they would talk about Holly Bobo.

John Dylan Adams is being represented in the federal case by M. Diane Smothers, a federal public defender. Prior to the most recent charge of coercion of a witness against Zachary Adams, Smothers told a Jackson Sun reporter in mid-March that she did not wish to comment on the Holly Bobo case and that John Dylan Adam would not be available for an interview.

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/viewart/20140403/NEWS01/304030010/

On a side note, nothing new from the TBI today, Just checked their newsroom and from FB... *sigh* wish something else would stir in the air!

Have a great weekend!!

Differing DAs and state agencies do things the way they see fit whether others are agreeable with it or not. The TBI has always been secretive about the cases they are in charge of. When more things are learned in a case it is when the case is being handle by local police who will leak things to the media. That is not the case in this one. The local police have no control over this case whatsoever. This is a state investigation and those kind of investigations are always tighter lipped. Which imo, is a good thing.........not a bad thing.

I think young attractive females are targeted because the suspects had a motive to sexually abuse them. Unfortunately, right here on this site we have seen this occur time after time. It always seems to be the same MO for the pervert. Female is very attractive. Female is alone at the time of kidnapping, and female is later on found murdered because the suspect leaves no witnesses behind that can tell what they have endured.

Adams is well known in the justice system. He has been a career criminal for over a decade and in and out of jail. Inmates pick up followers and enablers and they can have sordid characters willing to do anything for them. Especially if the inmate has nothing to lose and is already looking at LWOP or worse. So he threatened his own brother to make him fearful so he would have to watch his back continuously. Although, I think they have now put JA in protective custody to see that no one can get to him to do him harm.

The thing about kidnapper/rapist/murderers is they know they can target even the most beautiful girl in town. One that never associated with them and never would. I think that is a part of the thrill that any female alone, and vulnerable can be taken by them. I think that is why we see so many young beautiful women who come up missing and some are never found. The perp seems to be drawn to females that would never give them the time of day if the victim had a choice. Tragically, it isn't hard to kidnap a young unsuspecting female.

I just don't see this case as being complex. I think ZA wanted HB for himself and he took her. Now others may have been involved once he got her to a different location, but I think they will be buddies that hung around him and not any higher ups. JMO though.

Finally got a chance to listen to the 04/03/2014 Levi Page show with Sheryl McCollum, talking about the Holly Bobo case. Interesting perspectives, yet didn't hear anything that we haven't already discussed at length.

Imo, HB's abduction wasn't an impulsive act of violence, nor was the motive revenge. HB's abduction was carefully pre-planned, executed, and with the primary motive being sexually related, imo; the control of her fate..

Although many missing/murdered victims fit HB's profile. Her physical profile simply fits the preferred victim profile of many, if not most sexual predators/SKs..

This is prolly one of the best explanations and analogy for Victim Selection by sexual predators/SKs that I have ever ran across;

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/investigators/serial_killers.html
Serial Killers - A Homicide Detective's Take

4. Victim Selection

<sniped - read more>
Warrant: Suspect in Bobo killing said brother 'started this,' should 'shut his mouth'
Apr. 3, 2014

John Dylan Adams is being held in Obion County on federal charges involving a Sept. 16 indictment that charges the younger Adams knowingly &#8220;possessed, received, concealed, stored, bartered, sold and disposed of a stolen firearm&#8221; on or about July 13, 2013, along with a Jason Kilzer.

The indictment said a .38-caliber revolver was shipped and transported in interstate commerce with knowledge that it was stolen. John Dylan Adams was also charged with receiving and possessing the firearm through interstate commerce with the serial number removed, obliterated or altered.

He was charged with aiding and abetting Kilzer and giving Kilzer the gun after knowing it was illegal for Kilzer to own the gun.

The indictment said John Dylan Adams was an unlawful user of controlled substances or an addict.

John Dylan Adams is being represented in the federal case by M. Diane Smothers, a federal public defender.

Happy Friday~

I've been thinking about this.. on the why they haven't said they have found her.
I tend to think, they have something..they have positive proof, in which form, I'm
not gonna speculate..However, it is something that the Bobo's know for a fact Holly
is no longer here and it would have to have been something that the Bobo's would accept.

I tend to think, that yes more are involved.. before, during and after. Then of course here comes the new charge against ZA..and I think they LE let this become public knowledge so others will know, they aren't playing around. They have more information and they LE just want others to know, it is safe to come forward. They know who they want to come forward and tell what they know.

On another note, found an article this morning that tell's more of the charges and such against the brother JDA. I found it interesting in the fact, the Federal Public Defender that JDA has will not let him talk and they would talk about Holly Bobo.

On a side note, nothing new from the TBI today, Just checked their newsroom and from FB... *sigh* wish something else would stir in the air!

Have a great weekend!!

You have a great weekend too, Lyric!:seeya: After a beautiful week we have rain heading our way but good for my newly planted flowers.:)

I don't know if others were involved before she was actually taken. It sure is possible that others knew it was going to happen. I think as far as the kidnapping part ZA did that all on his own. It doesn't take multiples to be able to kidnap one very frightened petite young woman.

I sure wish something would break too but I know that TBI will go at this at their own pace, and make sure they have a solid case before anymore arrests are made.

What will be stunning is if the TBI arrests no other suspects connected to Holly's actual kidnapping and murder. The only reason that would be shocking is there has been numerous rumors about others being involved. Typically though in cases like Holly's it is done by one lone perpetrator. In due time we will learn if those were only rumors or had some truth to them. I admit, I don't not trust the posters 'over there' and many are just attention seekers.

In some states it is not a crime if someone doesn't report a crime. I don't know if TN has those laws though. It seems to me they could be charged with aiding and abetting ZA if they helped in any manner to cover it up for him though.

I live in the area of the University Of Missouri Journalism School. Had dinner with a local anchor in this area. I brought up the subject of this case and how LE is handling it and such. Little did I know the lecture I was in for.

She told me that with social medial, the 24 hour news cycle and brutal competition between the networks the way information is released to the media And that there is now complete course study involving the Sunshine Laws and how they apply. Once releasing information to the media is like "letting the genie out of the bottle" for LE.

It was very interesting really. She likened it to fishing. And says that when you are dealing with a LE agency that has a "public information officer" you are going to be fishing for big fish with a short pole. The long and short of it was that as long as an "investigation is ongoing" the Sunshine Laws don't kick in until actual documents are filed with the court.

And further that by asking for any more witness information that LE has everything to gain and nothing to lose. And says that many LE agencies send their PIO's to MU to take some course work in the media and Sunshine Law requirements.

It was an interesting conversation but she was still carrying on after desert. LOL

You have a great weekend too, Lyric!:seeya: After a beautiful week we have rain heading our way but good for my newly planted flowers.:)

I don't know if others were involved before she was actually taken. It sure is possible that others knew it was going to happen. I think as far as the kidnapping part ZA did that all on his own. It doesn't take multiples to be able to kidnap one very frightened petite young woman.

I sure wish something would break too but I know that TBI will go at this at their own pace, and make sure they have a solid case before anymore arrests are made.

What will be stunning is if the TBI arrests no other suspects connected to Holly's actual kidnapping and murder. The only reason that would be shocking is there has been numerous rumors about others being involved. Typically though in cases like Holly's it is done by one lone perpetrator. In due time we will learn if those were only rumors or had some truth to them. I admit, I don't not trust the posters 'over there' and many are just attention seekers.

In some states it is not a crime if someone doesn't report a crime. I don't know if TN has those laws though. It seems to me they could be charged with aiding and abetting ZA if they helped in any manner to cover it up for him though.

Agree! Would be very surprised to find ZA had any accomplices, other than in giving a bogus alibi...

I wonder about his targeting Holly...Sexual, yes; but was it also because he saw her beauty, kindness, good family, and aspirations as everything counter to his miserable evil, low-life existence?

Really? I have seen it happen countless times in other murder investigations so I didn't expect this one to be any different than the way other police departments handle it.

Every police department I have seen continues to urge others to come forward if they know something about the defendant or the case.

I think they are speaking to the community at large. Those who may have been so fearful of ZA that they were afraid to tell what they know but now that he is locked away behind bars they can now come forward without any backlash from ZA.

I also think the coercion charges sends a strong message to other potential witnesses who may know things but have been afraid to come forward. It is telling all of them that the TBI is on top of it, and ZA will not be able to intimidate or threaten to kill someone to keep them from testifying. The TBI is going to make sure the witnesses are protected.

IMO

Please provide me with one of the high profile cases where this was done when a suspect was arrested and charged for the kidnapping/ murder of a missing person and LE asks the public for information on their disappearance.

I'm stumped. I can't think of any case I've followed that this was done.

<sniped - read more>
Warrant: Suspect in Bobo killing said brother 'started this,' should 'shut his mouth'
Apr. 3, 2014

John Dylan Adams is being held in Obion County on federal charges involving a Sept. 16 indictment that charges the younger Adams knowingly “possessed, received, concealed, stored, bartered, sold and disposed of a stolen firearm” on or about July 13, 2013, along with a Jason Kilzer.

The indictment said a .38-caliber revolver was shipped and transported in interstate commerce with knowledge that it was stolen. John Dylan Adams was also charged with receiving and possessing the firearm through interstate commerce with the serial number removed, obliterated or altered.

He was charged with aiding and abetting Kilzer and giving Kilzer the gun after knowing it was illegal for Kilzer to own the gun.

The indictment said John Dylan Adams was an unlawful user of controlled substances or an addict.

John Dylan Adams is being represented in the federal case by M. Diane Smothers, a federal public defender.

The Murder Weapon?

Happy Friday~

Have a great weekend!!

Why would they want them to come forward and not go to them instead for questioning, if they know who they are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob_gf