Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #2 ***ARREST***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they want them to come forward and not go to them instead for questioning, if they know who they are?

I believe just this week LE has put everyone "on notice" that they no longer have to be afraid of Zach. Up until now many have feared him or what he may be capable of doing to them for reporting. And up until now they could use that as an excuse not to. Not anymore.

As a hypothetical example: If Zach had kept a "trophy" of sorts, and it was at his home. Did you know it? When did you know it? How did you know it? And if you report it now you could possibly avoid prosecution but if you do not and we have to come to you, it's going to be hindering the prosecution of a crime.

This case has gone on for almost three years. That is a lot of secrets and I believe there are a lot that are running for cover in that little town, just for "covering up" for criminals. JMO's

Why would they want them to come forward and not go to them instead for questioning, if they know who they are?

Just speculation here, but maybe this..

Assume LE does not have a body, but they do have other direct evidence that was used to obtain the indictment. I'll call it "ZA's trophy".

We know ZA hasn't confessed, so assume his defense is something like "oh yeah I found this "trophy" in the roadside ditch by my house at the time of the initial searches, and I kept it, which makes me a dirtbag, but not a killer". I mean something like that is going to be a tougher nut to crack for the prosecution, but its the obvious lie on ZA's part.

LE needs to try a different approach to locate Holly, and knows or suspects that others knew about the trophy, assume ZA is hopped up and bragging or something to that affect, and maybe he tells a little more than he should about the location of the body at the same time, to some drug head, or person who themselves wouldn't do such a crime, but for other reasons is adverse to LE, due to drugs or whatever. Now LE puts it out there that, hey, the game is up, come tell us what you know, or otherwise you will always be waiting for the other shoe to drop. This person/people care more about themselves than about ZA, and maybe want to stay free and high and didn't want anything to do with this in the first place, so they come it and spill. On the other hand, if LE goes and gets them, and tries to put the pressure on, they can always say "oh yeah well we just thought ZA was on drugs and he never said anything about where the body was.."

Maybe, Maybe not, the point I can see to it is that its using the guilty conscience as a weapon, right, and if they come forward on there own then a free will statement maybe they get off, and LE has a more credible lead. On the other hand if LE backs them into a corner and they start down the lying path everything gets harder...
A free will statement is less likely to be a lie, IMO. Again all this is just speculation. I hope they have found her and this horror can finally be over in that respect anyway.

I believe just this week LE has put everyone "on notice" that they no longer have to be afraid of Zach. Up until now many have feared him or what he may be capable of doing to them for reporting. And up until now they could use that as an excuse not to. Not anymore.

As a hypothetical example: If Zach had kept a "trophy" of sorts, and it was at his home. Did you know it? When did you know it? How did you know it? And if you report it now you could possibly avoid prosecution but if you do not and we have to come to you, it's going to be hindering the prosecution of a crime.

This case has gone on for almost three years. That is a lot of secrets and I believe there are a lot that are running for cover in that little town, just for "covering up" for criminals. JMO's

Anyone still perplexed about the Will Nunley tweet about "meeting in the parking lot at midnight, something big is happening" situation that took during the first few days of the investigation...

Anyone still perplexed about the Will Nunley tweet about "meeting in the parking lot at midnight, something big is happening" situation that took during the first few days of the investigation...

I am perplexed as to what you are talking about. I've never enjoyed riddle. JMO

I am perplexed as to what you are talking about. I've never enjoyed riddle. JMO

You must be perplexed a lot.. :floorlaugh: j/k At the beginning of the investigation (first couple of days?), the local news guy, Will Nunley, tweeted that something big was happening (a meeting of some kind) in a Darden/Parsons TN parking lot and everyone was thinking it was a break in the case. It was commented and posted about many times here on WS, however nothing ever came of it and the event was just kind of faded away. My point was I was speculating that with so many locals reportedly being involved, maybe someone tried to come forward at that time and for whatever reason it didn't happen. I will try and find some of the old posts to link back.

Assume LE does not have a body, but they do have other direct evidence that was used to obtain the indictment. I'll call it "ZA's trophy".

Snipped by me.

Respectfully, neither a 'trophy', nor a body, would count as direct evidence. Both are circumstantial evidence, albeit highly compelling.

You must be perplexed a lot.. :floorlaugh: j/k At the beginning of the investigation (first couple of days?), the local news guy, Will Nunley, tweeted that something big was happening (a meeting of some kind) in a Darden/Parsons TN parking lot and everyone was thinking it was a break in the case. It was commented and posted about many times here on WS, however nothing ever came of it and the event was just kind of faded away. My point was I was speculating that with so many locals reportedly being involved, maybe someone tried to come forward at that time and for whatever reason it didn't happen. I will try and find some of the old posts to link back.

I can't find it, maybe it was on the scanner tread.. Anyone else remember?

Snipped by me.

Respectfully, neither a 'trophy', nor a body, would count as direct evidence. Both are circumstantial evidence, albeit highly compelling.

Ah, I see. Thanks Montjoy! I meant to say something that could be linked directly to Holly's possession at the time of her disappearance, but not Holly.

I respectfully disagree. Yes, of course the investigation itself continues with LE but I've never seen a murder case where LE asks the public to come forward with information. They usually do it behind closed doors and they know exactly who to go to. The case went to a grand jury and there was enough evidence to charge ZA for kidnapping and murder.

Saying the investigation into Holly's disappearance remains open makes no sense.

(Sigh) I neither have the time nor the energy to go through every case where LE asked for others to call in with information about a case after a suspect has been arrested. They asked the same thing in the Sierra Lamar case after Torres was arrested and charged and countless others.

You can easily find them, case after case, through an internet search. I have never heard of one case where LE doesn't want tips to continue to come in after an arrest and when the case is still ongoing. And this case will be ongoing for sometime. It never stops just because a suspect has been arrested and charged. I am sure LE wished it was like that but it isn't. Lots more footwork left to be done.

Why does it not make sense to you that this is an ongoing investigation?

But this is the first one I pulled up among numerous others and it wasn't even a kidnapping and murder case but a robbery. And the suspects have been arrested just like Adams has been arrested.

One suspect dead, two arrested after foiled armed robbery in Suitland

Police arrested Hall, of the 2500 block of Elvans Road in Southeast Washington, and 19-year-old Daquawn Lubin of the 1500 block of North Pierce Street in Arlington, Va. They are in custody in D.C. and face charges related to the robbery and are awaiting extradition to Prince George’s County.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Prince George’s County Police Department’s Homicide Unit at 301-772-4925.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...robbery-in-suitland-101642.html#ixzz2xyM9O7Jy
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

Here is another example.

This one is a murder case.

Keith Wesley Jones, 53, was charged with murder and taken to the Mecklenburg County Jail without bond, police said.

On Tuesday, another suspect, Frederick Gales, 38, was charged with murder in Lattimore’s death after turning himself in at police headquarters.

Anyone with information in the case is asked to call police at 704-432-TIPS (8477) or Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...-suspect-arrested-in-march.html#storylink=cpy

There is the case of Jordan MacDonald of Desoto KS. He was murdered Oct. 30, 2013, and found outside an apartment complex in a vacant lot of land. The killer was arrested two days later. In the meantime it was Halloween in a small rural community, much like the Parsons area of TN. The Public Information Officer of the Sheriffs Dept.'s released a press release basically by "tweet" that it was safe for the children to "trick or treat".

Two days later, the suspect was arrested. Held on $1M Bond. Jordan's cause of death has never been released. His manner of death has never been released. The motive to his killing has never been released. The family has not spoken to the press, and the media has not asked them to. Only speculating that LE asked them not to.

The killer FINALLY had a preliminary on April 1, 2014. Has a scheduling appearance on May1, 2014.

But in the meantime (last time I checked) LE asks that anyone with any information to please call the Sheriff's Office.

jordan macdonald, kansas city mo KS - Jordan MacDonald, Desoto, Nov 2013 -- ARREST

Why oh why have they not used and undercover agent in the cell next to him??? He must think he's the head of the mafia making threats like that...

My opinions only, no facts here:

Curious, isn't it? The technology to wire a jailhouse snitch has been around for at least 50 years, but in almost all cases to this day, we end up in court with one convicted felon claiming that his cell-mate said this and that. But no actual (wire) evidence of what was actually said.

It is a myth of sorts. A tight-lipped, close-mouthed and defiant suspect, upon being placed in jail, immediately begins to spill his guts to total strangers in his cell like a drunken ding-dong.

I know I am repeating myself, but I will say it again. I will be VERY DISAPPOINTED if this case revolves around he-said, she-said silliness.

Well it seems we learned a few things.

-We seem to know Holly was placed in a grave of some sort.
-We seem to know that at least 2 people know where this place is.
-At least 1 of the persons may be cooperating with LE and if they are not, then they should.

My good friend, what I have learned is that even in 2014 there seems to be no capability to provide audio/video evidence of what a suspect says to another inmate in a jail cell. We still are stuck with juries forced to decide if this or that felon's testimony in court is true or false on its own merits.

You know, I have been following the disappearance of the Malaysian airlines jet for the past month very closely. It has helped me in some small way in the Holly Bobo case. I mean to say, I have a new proverb:

"Airplanes or people don't just disappear. Only the truth disappears."

And the truth is always right, if we can sleuth it.

(Sigh) I neither have the time nor the energy to go through every case where LE asked for others to call in with information about a case after a suspect has been arrested. They asked the same thing in the Sierra Lamar case after Torres was arrested and charged and countless others.

You can easily find them, case after case, through an internet search. I have never heard of one case where LE doesn't want tips to continue to come in after an arrest and when the case is still ongoing. And this case will be ongoing for sometime. It never stops just because a suspect has been arrested and charged. I am sure LE wished it was like that but it isn't. Lots more footwork left to be done.

Why does it not make sense to you that this is an ongoing investigation?

But this is the first one I pulled up among numerous others and it wasn't even a kidnapping and murder case but a robbery. And the suspects have been arrested just like Adams has been arrested.

One suspect dead, two arrested after foiled armed robbery in Suitland

Police arrested Hall, of the 2500 block of Elvans Road in Southeast Washington, and 19-year-old Daquawn Lubin of the 1500 block of North Pierce Street in Arlington, Va. They are in custody in D.C. and face charges related to the robbery and are awaiting extradition to Prince George’s County.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Prince George’s County Police Department’s Homicide Unit at 301-772-4925.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...robbery-in-suitland-101642.html#ixzz2xyM9O7Jy
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

Thanks for posting the cases. Again, if you look back at my posts, my issue is not that it's an ongoing investigation. My issue is the use of the word disappearance in their appeal to the public. I've never come across a murder case where a victim was missing, was murdered, a suspect in custody but LE asks people to come forward with information into their "disappearance"

Asking for information is fine. I even posted an example in one of my posts.

Moving on........

Curious, isn't it? The technology to wire a jailhouse snitch has been around for at least 50 years, but in almost all cases to this day, we end up in court with one convicted felon claiming that his cell-mate said this and that. But no actual (wire) evidence of what was actually said.

It is a myth of sorts. A tight-lipped, close-mouthed and defiant suspect, upon being placed in jail, immediately begins to spill his guts to total strangers in his cell like a drunken ding-dong.

I know I am repeating myself, but I will say it again. I will be VERY DISAPPOINTED if this case revolves around he-said, she-said silliness.

Ditto!

Just speculation here, but maybe this..

We know ZA hasn't confessed, so assume his defense is something like "oh yeah I found this "trophy" in the roadside ditch by my house at the time of the initial searches, and I kept it, which makes me a dirtbag, but not a killer". I mean something like that is going to be a tougher nut to crack for the prosecution, but its the obvious lie on ZA's part.

LE needs to try a different approach to locate Holly, and knows or suspects that others knew about the trophy, assume ZA is hopped up and bragging or something to that affect, and maybe he tells a little more than he should about the location of the body at the same time, to some drug head, or person who themselves wouldn't do such a crime, but for other reasons is adverse to LE, due to drugs or whatever. Now LE puts it out there that, hey, the game is up, come tell us what you know, or otherwise you will always be waiting for the other shoe to drop. This person/people care more about themselves than about ZA, and maybe want to stay free and high and didn't want anything to do with this in the first place, so they come it and spill. On the other hand, if LE goes and gets them, and tries to put the pressure on, they can always say "oh yeah well we just thought ZA was on drugs and he never said anything about where the body was.."

Maybe, Maybe not, the point I can see to it is that its using the guilty conscience as a weapon, right, and if they come forward on there own then a free will statement maybe they get off, and LE has a more credible lead. On the other hand if LE backs them into a corner and they start down the lying path everything gets harder...
A free will statement is less likely to be a lie, IMO. Again all this is just speculation. I hope they have found her and this horror can finally be over in that respect anyway.

If that were the case I would consider that desperate on LE's part. If anyone has direct knowledge about Holly's kidnapping and murder and kept it for 3 years, I want them to be charged and arrested. No one should be getting deals and getting away with it.

LE should be chasing down these people and not the other way around, IMO

On the other hand, if someone says they saw ZA's car that morning on such and such a road, etc (as an example) then I would consider that different or if they saw him at a car wash etc.

My good friend, what I have learned is that even in 2014 there seems to be no capability to provide audio/video evidence of what a suspect says to another inmate in a jail cell. We still are stuck with juries forced to decide if this or that felon's testimony in court is true or false on its own merits.

You know, I have been following the disappearance of the Malaysian airlines jet for the past month very closely. It has helped me in some small way in the Holly Bobo case. I mean to say, I have a new proverb:

"Airplanes or people don't just disappear. Only the truth disappears."

And the truth is always right, if we can sleuth it.

"Airplanes, people, or the truth doesn't just disappear. They are only awaiting revelation."

'Patience folks, the following info was not released by investigators until over five years later at trial due to a FL Judge's gag order'. I am confident that we will all be surprised at the volume of indicting evidence collected by task force investigators against ZA and possible associates over the past three years.

RE: Audio/Video; the capability to provide audio/video evidence of what a suspect says to another inmate in a jail cell;

Serial killer Gary Michael Hilton, made statements to a fellow inmate at the Leon County Jail that were overheard by Correctional Officer Caleb Wynn(2008). GMH's cell was monitored for audio. He is on FL's death row due largely to the damning recorded statements made to the other inmate, imo.

http://www.wtxl.com/news/local/fl-s...cle_c3816078-9243-11e2-afd0-0019bb30f31a.html

Specifically, Hilton told inmate Summers that he could answer all the State Attorney’s questions if he would give him a life sentence, that he would reveal where the head was located, that his bayonet was used on Dunlap’s tire, that he would explain how he “pulled it off” on a busy highway, that he spent a few hours or a few days with Dunlap, and that he felt no regret other than getting caught.

Prosecutors say in December of 2007 Hilton kidnapped and murdered Cheryl Dunlap, then dismembered and dumped her body in the Apalachicola National Forest. Her body was found several weeks later by a hunter. Her hands and head were later found in a fire pit at Joe Thomas campsite, about seven miles from where her body had been found..
<sniped & BBM - read more>

Footnote; GMH, documented his evil deeds via audio/video which was shown at trial.

If that were the case I would consider that desperate on LE's part. If anyone has direct knowledge about Holly's kidnapping and murder and kept it for 3 years, I want them to be charged and arrested. No one should be getting deals and getting away with it.

LE should be chasing down these people and not the other way around, IMO

On the other hand, if someone says they saw ZA's car that morning on such and such a road, etc (as an example) then I would consider that different or if they saw him at a car wash etc.

I agree with you in principal, nobody that knows anything directly should get away...BUT.. Just the reality, just the the fact, is that if LE doesn't have a body, they are actually desperate IMO. Think about it this way. You have a guy who is from an extremely rural and vast area, more than likely knows it intimately, so without some help its going to be extremely extremely hard to find her, and thats just assuming that there is anything left to find. I don't know much about the TN river which is very close to the area, but it wouldn't be hard to imagine that you could (without getting to gory here) come up with a way to dispose of a person in it that would make finding anything impossible. I mean its not like we are dealing with city fold here who never butcher game and so on.. Secondly the circle of people here are sounding like a bunch of meth heads who avoid LE regardless, I mean its practically part of popular culture to say F the police, right, and meth heads are definately part of that senerio.
IMO no body at this point, even with a "trophy" is a desperate situation of LE.

Been out of town and off-line for a couple of weeks. Catching up here and pleased to hear of another charge on ZA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay