Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #2 ***ARREST***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting the cases. Again, if you look back at my posts, my issue is not that it's an ongoing investigation. My issue is the use of the word disappearance in their appeal to the public. I've never come across a murder case where a victim was missing, was murdered, a suspect in custody but LE asks people to come forward with information into their "disappearance"

Asking for information is fine. I even posted an example in one of my posts.

Moving on........

I think you are reading too much into some probably vague wording. The case in total involves her disappearance/abduction/murder/whatever. So they said disappearance.... its all the same thing at this point. Just a matter of semantics.

As I mentioned before... Willie Crain was arrested, charged with murder, tried, and convicted with no body, no witnesses, no murder weapon, etc. Just some blood evidence found in the killer's bathroom after the fact was enough to convict Crain.

Most likely he assaulted and murdered the little girl, cut her body up, and put the remains in crab traps in Tampa Bay. Nothing was ever found.

http://crime.about.com/od/deathrow/ig/Florida-Death-Row-Inmates/Willie-Crain.htm

my own two cents, although there are murder charges and it is thought that LE have a very good case by some (I do not disagree and hope that is so), LE's use of the word disappearance in their continued plea for information would seem to indicate that LE does not have a body. I have continued to believe that remains were not found in teh searches. I feel there is not reason for some big conspiracy to hide that from public. COD/MOD/etc yes, but eh existence of remains. Nope. I simply see it.

So while LE know they are dealing with a murder based on other evidence (probably very good, compelling evidence) Holly Bobo has not been found. She is still physically missing Therefore it is still a disappearance, despite the fact that she was abducted and murdered. In mind that word is not inappropriate.

I don't see where "disappearance" means they don't have a body, especially since the suspect has been charged with murder. Its not like he is only charged with kidnapping. And, again, you dont need a body to have murder charges, nor do you need a body to have a murder conviction.

I still think people are reading too much into terse press releases and media quotes.

I don't see where "disappearance" means they don't have a body, especially since the suspect has been charged with murder. Its not like he is only charged with kidnapping. And, again, you dont need a body to have murder charges, nor do you need a body to have a murder conviction.

I still think people are reading too much into terse press releases and media quotes.

A very good point and your probably absolutely right. Par for the course in these last three years.

This is going to be a very interesting show.

On tonight's edition of Tricia's True Crime Radio we welcome board certified criminal defense investigator and security expert Charles Mittelstadt We'll discuss the latest in the Holly Bobo case, Teghan Skiba, and more.

Also Mr. Mittelstadt has the most incredible non-profit called, "13 and a half.org" You will get lost in reading this site. This organization documents the flaws in our justice system. The site features a fascinating look at faulty eyewitness identification.

THIS SHOW WITH CHARLES MITTELSTADT IS ONE YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TONIGHT(Sunday) 8 PM Eastern

Investigators have proof of death in this case, and the family has been notified. We are all devastated.

I ordered a pink and green bow for my front door, from the florist in Parsons, that makes the ones seen all over Decatur and Hamilton counties.
I asked the lady why these bows are now pink and green, instead of the pink ones we used before.

The pink was for Holly, being her favorite color, and meaning Hope For Holly.
The pink and green is for Justice for Holly.

Holly loved pink roses, and her favorite Christmas carol was "Silent Night.''
Upon graduation, Holly's planned to go on a mission with her church, and do nursing.

HS has positively identified ZA as being the man who tried to abduct her from her driveway one morning, three months before Holly was taken.

In my opinion, ZA will not be returned to public life.

Holly was my little sister-nurse. All who knew her, describe her the same way - "She was so precious. You just don't know.''

I have added many photos to my 2 Holly albums here, and there are many, many more on my Holly album, on ''that social networking site.''
I made most of the frames for the ones that are framed. If there are any that you would like to have a copy of, please feel free to take as many of them as you wish.

*bringing forward just in case some missed this info*

I just give this family & the community strength to knock this person down & cohorts. Whoever needs to see justice smack in the face. Horrible crime, beautiful person & family. This town has really joined together to get rid of the lowlifes. Move 'em out is the only way. jmo

i have been with out my computer for like 2 weeks are you telling me in that time there's been an arrest in this case .?

I just give this family & the community strength to knock this person down & cohorts. Whoever needs to see justice smack in the face. Horrible crime, beautiful person & family. This town has really joined together to get rid of the lowlifes. Move 'em out is the only way. jmo

Amen!!

I'd like to know if they found Holly. He admits putting her in a hole. Did he bury her? I'm guessing if the searches stopped, they found her.

Is anyone else bothered by TBI stating this is an ongoing investigation and want people to come forward? I was hoping it was a done deal and they had all they needed to bring this case to trial.

I want a conviction !!!

What do they mean by this?

ETA

Quote from the article

The investigation into Bobo's disappearance remains open.
http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...s-accused-witness-coercion-bobo-case/7174317/

Oh I see what you are having trouble with. The word 'disappearance?"

Its the media saying that the investigation into the disappearance remains open?

Since that is not put in quotes like the sentence right above it was that is just media talk/add on.

And really that doesn't mean they haven't found Holly's remains. They just want anyone to come forward if they know anything at all, starting from the time that Holly disappeared, imo.

IMO

They're asking for anyone who has knowledge of Holly disappearing to come forward with the information they have. Of the Kidnapping. Or any part of the crime against her.

I was just passing it on because it was a new request from law enforcement.
I'm sure they want to get any and all the witnesses they can.

Oh I see what you are having trouble with. The word 'disappearance?"

Its the media saying that the investigation into the disappearance remains open?

Since that is not put in quotes like the sentence right above it was that is just media talk/add on.

And really that doesn't mean they haven't found Holly's remains. They just want anyone to come forward if they know anything at all, starting from the time that Holly disappeared, imo.

IMO

Per Karen Anne, it was a request from law enforcement.

They're asking for anyone who has knowledge of Holly disappearing to come forward with the information they have. Of the Kidnapping. Or any part of the crime against her.

I was just passing it on because it was a new request from law enforcement.
I'm sure they want to get any and all the witnesses they can.

See post 457 and 473

Per Karen Anne, it was a request from law enforcement.

See post 457 and 473

Yes, I understand that. Like was discussed most LE still want others to call in tips if they have knowledge about any case regardless if there has been an arrest and charge of a suspect. The verbiage is almost the same in every case.

I have become confused though why you think that means she hasn't been found though?

All they are meaning is they want anyone that knows anything from the time of the kidnapping when Holly first disappeared until and through the time she was murdered.

Even Karen stated that in one of her posts.

And there may be some people that the investigation never uncovered that also know things. It is those citizens they are hoping will come forward now that he is in jail and talk with them about what they may have seen for themselves or what they may have been told by someone who knew ZA or the A-Train. Or even if they were told certain things by ZA, etc.

Any time period starting when she first disappeared all the way through including any knowledge of any cover up done by the suspect or suspects afterwards.

IMO

I believe her remains were not found simply because I see no reason for that information to be secret.

I cannot recall a single case I have followed where LE found the remains or body of a missing person and then simply decided to keep that information for themselves. I see nothing to be gained by that.

So it is my belief that LE has prove of death (extremely compelling evidence) but not a body.

If you are going to charge someone with murder and you have a body you d not hide that fact (thus making your case more circumstantial) and not use that body's existence to further solidify your case. :cow:

Circling round and round the question of was a body/remains found or not does nothing. Eventually we will know and all this will be moot.

wow that guy looks like he's a meth addict or sumthing ... can i ask how this all came about like where did he come from what led the cops to him and can the brother maybe make a Id i know he never saw his face but in general i wonder if the brother clint i think his name is was taken in to look at a line up ..

wow that guy looks like he's a meth addict or sumthing ... can i ask how this all came about like where did he come from what led the cops to him and can the brother maybe make a Id i know he never saw his face but in general i wonder if the brother clint i think his name is was taken in to look at a line up ..

Adams IS a meth addict and a cooker/supplier.

If you read back around February 26th you can see how the arrest came about. They arrested him quickly after they did a three day search of his property and home.

I doubt they brought Clint into look at a line up. Clint said he never saw the face of the person leading Holly into the woods, so there would be no point.

Clint was with his family though in the courtroom when Adams had his first hearing.

imo

I believe her remains were not found simply because I see no reason for that information to be secret.

I cannot recall a single case I have followed where LE found the remains or body of a missing person and then simply decided to keep that information for themselves. I see nothing to be gained by that.

So it is my belief that LE has prove of death (extremely compelling evidence) but not a body.

If you are going to charge someone with murder and you have a body you d not hide that fact (thus making your case more circumstantial) and not use that body's existence to further solidify your case. :cow:

Circling round and round the question of was a body/remains found or not does nothing. Eventually we will know and all this will be moot.

LE/DA never said they didn't find her body. They refused to answer either way which is their right to do so of course. As long as the Bobo family knows that is all that needs to know at this time.

They don't need to convince any of the public that their case is solid. That will be done during the trial. The TBI has always been extremely secretive about their cases.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member