Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #5 ***ARRESTS***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinions only, no facts here:

Snipping from your post above: you say, "There is no such thing as the perfect crime, the perfect criminal, or the perfect plan, so imo working to reverse engineer the perp's knowledge and plans is a fool's errand."

I say:

From CRIMINAL PROFILING by MATT ANNISS: "....the FBI method of profiling, which asks criminal profilers to think like the criminal".

From DARK DREAMS- A LEGENDARY FBI PROFILER EXAMINES HOMICIDE AND THE CRIMINAL MIND, BY ROY HAZELWOOD AND STEPHER G. MICHAUD: "Finally, a profiler must be able to view the crime from the offender's perspective; he must think like the criminal".

By practice, criminal profiling is reverse engineering.

So, I have asked myself many times: if I know that Holly has a brother living at home and watch both of her parents leave, why do I then suddenly become unconcerned about her brother and attempt the kidnapping? And there is something else. Knowing that her brother is still likely in the house, why would I spend 10 to 15 minutes hanging out with Holly in the carport before taking her away? This is a crucial paradox and I would bet that the FBI has mulled over the same question. It gives us certain information about the kidnapper. What he knew and didn't know, what he did and didn't do, etc.

Sleuth On!

In this crime, the answers derived in this manner are going to be meaningless, because they are based on too many assumptions rather than on givens.

For example:
1 All of this works from the idea that the crime was well-planned. But it may have been exactly the opposite.
2 In fact, maybe there was no plan at all. Maybe the entire "plan" was nothing more than a regular drive past the house of an object of obsession, and suddenly the idea becomes: "Whoa, the only car I see is Holly's, so everyone must be gone and she's the last one leaving today. I could grab her and no one would ever know what happened. I think I'll grab her."
3 Or maybe there was a plan, but it was hastily conceived. Such as, go to Holly's house, watch for her to come out, and then grab her if no one is around.
4 Did the perp know CB lived there? Maybe he didn't.
5 Maybe the perp knew CB lived there but assumed he had left already.
6 Maybe the perp was so intent on his thoughts of grabbing Holly, in the moment, that he completely forgot about CB.
7 Or, maybe it was instead a great plan, and the perp acted as he did because he knew that CB slept until noon everyday. Maybe CB would never have woken up at that hour save for the scream and the barking dogs.
8 and so on and so on and so on

We don't know the perp, we don't know how he thinks, we don't know if he is meticulous or sloppy, we don't know if he was well-informed or misinformed, we don't know if he made mistakes that day, we don't know if he was impulsive or rushed, and more. Trying to read his mind on that morning with any degree of certainty is utterly impossible - I've already given quite a few very different explanations, any of which could be true, and I haven't even scratched the surface.

On a broader scale, I would wager that the "profiler" exercise would be more inclined to explore more general-landscape questions (such as, why might a perp have grabbed Holly) and spend very little time trying to mind-read they why's in each and every action taken in a crime. Sometimes, people just do what they do.

<BBM for Focus>
Mr Noatak and SteveS, now y'all are talking my game..
"There is no such thing as the perfect crime, the perfect criminal, or the perfect plan, only imperfect Investigations, imo"..
Imo, Holly Bobo's abductor was aware that the clues/residue left in his wake would not be visibly obvious to the seasoned homicide investigator; 'love, rage, hatred, fear, evil'... because they can't be touched, seen, smelled, or heard..

RE:
the FBI method of profiling, which asks criminal profilers to think like the criminal". "A criminal behavioral profiler must be able to view the crime from the offender's perspective; he must think like the criminal".

RE: We don't know the perp, we don't know how he thinks, we don't know if he is meticulous or sloppy, we don't know if he was well-informed or misinformed, we don't know if he made mistakes that day, we don't know if he was impulsive or rushed, and more. Trying to read his mind on that morning with any degree of certainty is utterly impossible.
A criminal behavioral profile of the unknown suspect/s is only one tool of many utilized in a missing /murdered person investigation. Profiles are often times used as guidance to point the investigation in a general or specific direction. Behavioral profiles are an ongoing process and may be amended during an investigation as new info and evidence is collected, imo.

'IMO, A criminal behavioral profiler not only has to think like the unknown suspect/s and view the crime from the offender's perspective'. To be effective, the profiler must also view the crime from the victim's perspective, as well as the unknown suspect/s, and then must become them, imo. Some folks may even refer to this as emulating or channeling. Channeling evil psychopaths can be very hazardous to your health, imo. Pioneers in the FBI BSU; J Douglas, R Depue, and R Ressler, both touch on this in their books. J Douglas and R Depue, describe the toll that this takes on the profiler's health in their books; 'Journey into the Darkness', and 'Between Good & Evil; A Master Profiler's Hunt for Society's Most Violent Predators'.. JMO

"Imo, there was a vivid picture painted of the unknown suspect/s, as well as the motive in the Holly Bobo abduction on day one; 04/13/2011". Due to the signs, observations, residue left behind, etc., provided by LE pressers & msm reports. There were indicators that the unknown suspect was experienced, organized, very intelligent, investigative & forensically aware, cagey, calculating, and an evil psychopathic sexual predator; no stranger to the game, imo'.

Serial Killers - A Homicide Detective's Take
http://www.expertlaw.com/library/investigators/serial_killers.html

1. Credentials and Interest
2. Common Knowledge
3. Genesis of a Serial Killer
4. Victim Selection
5. Victim Objectification
6. Denouement
7. Case Histories
<sniped - read more>

FBI Critical Incident Response Group (CIRG)
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cirg/investigations-and-operations-support/briu
Behavioral Research and Instruction Unit

The Behavioral Research and Instruction Unit (BRIU)&#8212;originally named the Behavioral Science Unit('BS Unit')&#8212;was established at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia in 1972. The BRIU&#8217;s vision is to inspire excellence and leadership in the applied behavioral sciences for the FBI and its partners in order to further the FBI&#8217;s strategic priorities.

Since its inception, the BRIU has pioneered the development of different tactics, techniques, and procedures adopted as industry standards in behavior-based programs supporting its clients within the law enforcement, intelligence, and military communities.

Behavioral science is concerned with gaining a better understanding of human behavior. The BRIU focuses specifically on criminal human behavior in an attempt to better understand criminals&#8212;who they are, how they think, why they do what they do&#8212;as a means to help solve crimes and prevent criminal activity. The BRIU&#8217;s team of professionals at the National Center for Analysis of Violent Crime (NCAVC) provides cutting edge training, high-impact research, and academic consultation in the behavioral sciences in support of the FBI&#8217;s mission and the work of the broader law enforcement and intelligence communities.
<sniped - read more>

What do you deduce from the list of postulates that you have provided for us in your recent post, above?

Frankly, I don't think this had to be a very intricately-planned crime. I see an abduction of a young lady who appeared to be home alone, and a perp simply waiting until she walked out her door to grab her before he forced her into the woods to get away unseen. A dummy could do that, or a genius could. and they could even get away without incident if they messed up and didn't realize there was still someone inside the house as they did it.

Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
Morning Y'all !

Interesting discussion above regarding the morning of the abduction / murder ...

But there is one thing I find perplexing:

IF this abduction/murder was well planned, then WHY would ZA and JA, and others, run their mouths all over town about what they did ?

Now, could it be the drugs -- the meth -- something else ? This bunch that have been charged are career criminals, with a record a mile long, so maybe they thought that they would get away with it like the things that have gotten away with in the past.

It is just astounding how early on ZA and JA were named as the culprits in Holly's abduction/murder ... Last night, I was reading somewhere and found a short thread that was started back in early 2013. And on that particular thread, the initials JA and ZA were mentioned, and then their names were stated, as the ones who abducted Holly.

It's just mind-boggling that it took LE/TBI that long to arrest/charge this bunch. Yes, they needed evidence ... but IMO, something "stinks" ...

Just some thoughts as to why I am uncertain IF the abduction was well planned.

<BBM for Focus>

Dog.gone.cute, although drug use/abuse likely contributed, imo the 'Dark Triad' may partially explain why ZA, JA, and other A Team members ran their mouths all over town about Holly Bobo's abduction/murder...

Dark Triad
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_triad

The dark triad is a group of three personality traits: narcissism, machiavellianism and psychopathy.[1][2][3] The use of the term "dark" reflects the perception that these traits have inter-personally aversive qualities:[4][5][6][7]

Narcissism is characterized by grandiosity, pride, egotism, and a lack of empathy.[8]
Machiavellianism is characterized by manipulation and exploitation of others, a cynical disregard for morality, and a focus on self-interest and deception.[9]
Psychopathy is characterized by enduring antisocial behaviour, impulsivity, selfishness, callousness, and remorselessness.[10]
<sniped - read more>

Frankly, I don't think this had to be a very intricately-planned crime. I see an abduction of a young lady who appeared to be home alone, and a perp simply waiting until she walked out her door to grab her before he forced her into the woods to get away unseen. A dummy could do that, or a genius could. and they could even get away without incident if they messed up and didn't realize there was still someone inside the house as they did it.

Wow! Lots of good back-and-forth discussion here of late!

You got me thinking..... whereas I had thought the crime was extremely well-planned; now I thinking, it might have all been spur-of the moment, and as such that might have been a big advantage.

You know when you really plan something, and then something you didn't expect happens it throws you off since you want to get to doing things as planned... but with no plan, it all is unforeseen there's no distraction of having to keep to a plan.

Ok, this may have been discussed but it just popped into my mind in the middle of dinner so I don't have time to go look as the hubby will be home soon and I have a little one to feed and bath still. But do any of these main players have ties to FL? I was thinking about the possibility that perhaps Holly could be an unidentified person at this point, and I remembers the Deland unidentified remains. I may be way way way off on the possibility of that but it just crossed my mind.

ETA: never mind they have dentals on Deland entered.

Wait, do they automatically compare dentals? Moody, who was arrested with ZA just before HB disappeared, had been arrested in volusia, fl which is just 15 miles from Deland.

great catch on Moody being arrested near where remains were found. The Deland body was found in pink bathrobe, homemade mickey mouse sheet and curtains in a trash bag- would indicate maybe a child but data released says adult. There is a couple in Myrtle Beach SC arrested for a missing young lady's murder who were obsessed with Disney- but who knows. No id yet.

Yes, I think it's a MUCH higher chance of being poor Heather Elvis. In fact I think it most likely is her or little Hayleigh(sp?). However when I started thinking about the Deland remains, my mind just remembered florida connection to Holly Bobo for some reason! It kind of shocked me when I saw how close it was! Hope they are all found soon!

ETA: just checked namus for HE, dentals are available but not entered yet.

In this crime, the answers derived in this manner are going to be meaningless, because they are based on too many assumptions rather than on givens.

For example:
1 All of this works from the idea that the crime was well-planned. But it may have been exactly the opposite.
2 In fact, maybe there was no plan at all. Maybe the entire "plan" was nothing more than a regular drive past the house of an object of obsession, and suddenly the idea becomes: "Whoa, the only car I see is Holly's, so everyone must be gone and she's the last one leaving today. I could grab her and no one would ever know what happened. I think I'll grab her."
3 Or maybe there was a plan, but it was hastily conceived. Such as, go to Holly's house, watch for her to come out, and then grab her if no one is around.
4 Did the perp know CB lived there? Maybe he didn't.
5 Maybe the perp knew CB lived there but assumed he had left already.
6 Maybe the perp was so intent on his thoughts of grabbing Holly, in the moment, that he completely forgot about CB.
7 Or, maybe it was instead a great plan, and the perp acted as he did because he knew that CB slept until noon everyday. Maybe CB would never have woken up at that hour save for the scream and the barking dogs.
8 and so on and so on and so on

We don't know the perp, we don't know how he thinks, we don't know if he is meticulous or sloppy, we don't know if he was well-informed or misinformed, we don't know if he made mistakes that day, we don't know if he was impulsive or rushed, and more. Trying to read his mind on that morning with any degree of certainty is utterly impossible - I've already given quite a few very different explanations, any of which could be true, and I haven't even scratched the surface.

On a broader scale, I would wager that the "profiler" exercise would be more inclined to explore more general-landscape questions (such as, why might a perp have grabbed Holly) and spend very little time trying to mind-read they why's in each and every action taken in a crime. Sometimes, people just do what they do.

All that is based on the presumption that this guy came specifically for Holly, but what if he didn't?

This seems like a semi rural environment, so I doubt that anyone was watching and planning to grab her. it would be too risky, with a good chance that they would be noticed. It also seems pretty unlikely that someone passing by is going to stumble through the woods and just happen to grab her as she was leaving.

I think it is very likely that the person/s who took her knew either her, someone in the family or someone connected with them, and they went there for a specific reason. The dynamics of the encounter just don't seem right for a random person. The mother seems curiously perturbed by the reports she was getting, calling 911 before her son had conducted a cursory examination of the scene. The neighbor heard a scream, but they lived 350 yards away, which is quite a distance. So you would think that the mother would at least wait for the brother to investigate first to find out what was going on. Also, the brother seemed curiously relaxed about the whole thing. In a rural environment like that any event of that sort would have generated a more vigorous response in my opinion. And then he goes and gets a gun even though he still believed that Holly was with the BF? Honestly, that account seems a little bizarre to me.

There is another scenario that should be considered. Perhaps the perp had come looking for someone else, found her instead and decided to take her as a sort of hostage. That might then be consistent with her being taken and held for a period. They weren't after her, she just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think that might more credibly play into some of the later allegations about the arrested accused. Otherwise it is hard to see why they would take her in particular, if it was them. And maybe he didn't come through the forest, and just drove up to the house. That would explain why tracking dogs didn't help much.

One more thing, regarding the physical description of the abductor. The brother provided fairly specific dimensions for this guy. One might say that he could be mistaken, but remember that he also thought it was the boyfriend, who he knew well. That means that the abductor must have looked more or less the same size, shape and general appearance as the boyfriend from the back and that the dimensions must be reasonably accurate. These two things are linked by the brothers claims, so if they do not match then that part of the brothers account would not be useable. This is testable, are these the actual dimensions of the boyfriend? I am curious about that. And if they are, do any of the current accused match those dimensions? That part would then be relevant when arguing the case against the accused.

All that is based on the presumption that this guy came specifically for Holly, but what if he didn't?

This seems like a semi rural environment, so I doubt that anyone was watching and planning to grab her. it would be too risky, with a good chance that they would be noticed. It also seems pretty unlikely that someone passing by is going to stumble through the woods and just happen to grab her as she was leaving.

I think it is very likely that the person/s who took her knew either her, someone in the family or someone connected with them, and they went there for a specific reason. The dynamics of the encounter just don't seem right for a random person. The mother seems curiously perturbed by the reports she was getting, calling 911 before her son had conducted a cursory examination of the scene. The neighbor heard a scream, but they lived 350 yards away, which is quite a distance. So you would think that the mother would at least wait for the brother to investigate first to find out what was going on. Also, the brother seemed curiously relaxed about the whole thing. In a rural environment like that any event of that sort would have generated a more vigorous response in my opinion. And then he goes and gets a gun even though he still believed that Holly was with the BF? Honestly, that account seems a little bizarre to me.

There is another scenario that should be considered. Perhaps the perp had come looking for someone else, found her instead and decided to take her as a sort of hostage. That might then be consistent with her being taken and held for a period. They weren't after her, she just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think that might more credibly play into some of the later allegations about the arrested accused. Otherwise it is hard to see why they would take her in particular, if it was them. And maybe he didn't come through the forest, and just drove up to the house. That would explain why tracking dogs didn't help much.

One more thing, regarding the physical description of the abductor. The brother provided fairly specific dimensions for this guy. One might say that he could be mistaken, but remember that he also thought it was the boyfriend, who he knew well. That means that the abductor must have looked more or less the same size, shape and general appearance as the boyfriend from the back and that the dimensions must be reasonably accurate. These two things are linked by the brothers claims, so if they do not match then that part of the brothers account would not be useable. This is testable, are these the actual dimensions of the boyfriend? I am curious about that. And if they are, do any of the current accused match those dimensions? That part would then be relevant when arguing the case against the accused.

Your post works on many levels.

You say: "The dynamics of the encounter just don't seem right for a random person." I say: Yes.

You say: "Perhaps the perp had come looking for someone else, found her instead and decided to take her as a sort of hostage." I say: although I disagree, this is a very interesting and clever analysis.

You say: "And maybe he didn't come through the forest, and just drove up to the house. That would explain why tracking dogs didn't help much." I say: Yes. Assuming everything is kosher with the reported evidence, it is realistic that the getaway vehicle was near-to or on the main driveway to the front of the house. Since tracking dog(s) were reportedly used on the same day as the abduction, I cannot emphasize enough how significant it would be if the dog or dogs did not track Holly's scent into the woods and beyond.

You say: "The brother provided fairly specific dimensions for this guy. One might say that he could be mistaken, but remember that he also thought it was the boyfriend, who he knew well. That means that the abductor must have looked more or less the same size, shape and general appearance as the boyfriend from the back and that the dimensions must be reasonably accurate." I say: Yes! And to this end, I refer to http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/04/ijvm.01.html, where Holly's brother is reported to say that 'Well, I stated originally and never wavered from the description of the man being approximately 5`10 and 200 pounds.'

My suspicion now is that the FBI added two inches either way of Holly Bobo's brother's description to come up with the 5 feet 8 inches to 6 feet height-range of the kidnapping suspect. The main suspect AND the second suspect (the big guy) DO NOT faintly resemble a 5' 10" 200 pound guy. See my post, immediately below this one.

Keep up the good work.

PART I

First, my mind returns to the witness description of the kidnapper, provided to the FBI. Let us call this kidnapper the "mystery man", since nobody is claiming that this character has been positively-identified. The FBI suspect is 5’ 8” to 6’ 0” tall, and weighs 200 pounds. However, Holly’s brother is reported to say (http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/04/ijvm.01.html) that “Well, I stated originally and never wavered from the description of the man being approximately 5`10 and 200 pounds.” So, I will use this height and weight for my updated reconstruction images, below. Let me add that, for the main suspect and the second suspect (the big guy), I have modified their silhouettes from actual photographs. I also have considered heel-thickness of footwear on the individuals.

My attachment, below, is the profile of Holly Bobo to scale, walking away, with the main suspect, with the second suspect (the big guy), AND with a mystery man who matches Holly’s brother’s description. Note that I have accounted for the profile of the mystery man, using an actual person whose height and weight are known. When you look at the three profiles in my attachment, note that the mystery man is the ONLY ONE who is short enough that the top of Holly Bobo's head (5 feet 3 inches) is easily above his shoulders. This is one detail a witness should remember. An initial witness description of the suspect was likely given to police on the same day as the abduction, while memories were still perfectly fresh. The "mystery man" in my attachment, below, is the person we need to account for.

PART II will follow, when I complete the post and attachments.
HollyBobo_suspectprofiles_backview.jpg

Interesting reading and I have nothing to add to that discussion.

But about the discovery deadline. Imo, it will be pushed way back now that there is a new DA at the helm who will be given time by the Judge to review all of the discovery he has in his possession before it is turned over to the defense.

IMO

PART I

First, my mind returns to the witness description of the kidnapper, provided to the FBI. Let us call this kidnapper the "mystery man", since nobody is claiming that this character has been positively-identified. The FBI suspect is 5&#8217; 8&#8221; to 6&#8217; 0&#8221; tall, and weighs 200 pounds. However, Holly&#8217;s brother is reported to say (http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/04/ijvm.01.html) that &#8220;Well, I stated originally and never wavered from the description of the man being approximately 5`10 and 200 pounds.&#8221; So, I will use this height and weight for my updated reconstruction images, below. Let me add that, for the main suspect and the second suspect (the big guy), I have modified their silhouettes from actual photographs. I also have considered heel-thickness of footwear on the individuals.

My attachment, below, is the profile of Holly Bobo to scale, walking away, with the main suspect, with the second suspect (the big guy), AND with a mystery man who matches Holly&#8217;s brother&#8217;s description. Note that I have accounted for the profile of the mystery man, using an actual person whose height and weight are known. When you look at the three profiles in my attachment, note that the mystery man is the ONLY ONE who is short enough that the top of Holly Bobo's head (5 feet 3 inches) is easily above his shoulders. This is one detail a witness should remember. An initial witness description of the suspect was likely given to police on the same day as the abduction, while memories were still perfectly fresh. The "mystery man" in my attachment, below, is the person we need to account for.

View attachment 58196

<BBM for Focus>

Thanx for sharing Mr. Noatak..
As we know witnesses estimates of the description of suspects are seldom precise. Add the many different styles of camo attire on the market, type of undergarments worn, and the variance of the height and weight of HB's abductor would have been virtually impossible to determine, imo...
Full camo adds weight and height to the person wearing it.. Factor in the three years before arrests in HB's case, and the suspects in the case may have either lost or gained weight.

The style of camo(if accurate) used in the reenactments by AMW and TV4 would have added to this difficulty, imo;

WSMV TV4 - "THE MAP" - INSIDE THE HOLLY BOBO CASE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs2e1V-2kmE

Interesting reading and I have nothing to add to that discussion.

But about the discovery deadline. Imo, it will be pushed way back now that there is a new DA at the helm who will be given time by the Judge to review all of the discovery he has in his possession before it is turned over to the defense.

IMO

:seeya: Hello OBE ! Nice to see ya here again !

BBM: I agree ... we've been told that there are thousands and thousands and thousands of pages of discovery ...

:thinking: Maybe they could share with us at WS so we can help them along . . . :hilarious:

:seeya:

Respectfully snipped:

PART I

When you look at the three profiles in my attachment, note that the mystery man is the ONLY ONE who is short enough that the top of Holly Bobo's head (5 feet 3 inches) is easily above his shoulders. This is one detail a witness should remember.
View attachment 58196

Great job as always! Now here's my problem - when I looked at the three profiles, I did not key on comparing top of Holly's head to shoulder of each. That kind of relative comparison is so important, yet would the average person know to do that? Moreover, when Clint was describing the attacker, LE should have been asking questions comparing the size of the attacker to Holly, in terms just like you mentioned, while the images was fresh in his mind.

Hopefully this assertion is moot, and weirdly offered, with LE already having fulfilled their duty here. If LE has not COMPLETELY performed to this point, then they risk evidence being excluded from the trial, as well as a dismissal if they try to introduce non-disclosed evidence.

This was not something being done at the convenience of LE. It is a legal requirement. The fact that there was a lot to disclose to the defense was the only reason they didn't have to get it finished in June, so the thought that they could use the same excuse and ask for a start over on the process in late August would be absurd.

In addition, there is no reason for the new DA to need to "review the discovery." If it's evidence, it MUST be turned over to the defense, like it or not. There's no picking and choosing.

PART I

First, my mind returns to the witness description of the kidnapper, provided to the FBI. Let us call this kidnapper the "mystery man", since nobody is claiming that this character has been positively-identified. The FBI suspect is 5’ 8” to 6’ 0” tall, and weighs 200 pounds. However, Holly’s brother is reported to say (http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/04/ijvm.01.html) that “Well, I stated originally and never wavered from the description of the man being approximately 5`10 and 200 pounds.” So, I will use this height and weight for my updated reconstruction images, below. Let me add that, for the main suspect and the second suspect (the big guy), I have modified their silhouettes from actual photographs. I also have considered heel-thickness of footwear on the individuals.

My attachment, below, is the profile of Holly Bobo to scale, walking away, with the main suspect, with the second suspect (the big guy), AND with a mystery man who matches Holly’s brother’s description. Note that I have accounted for the profile of the mystery man, using an actual person whose height and weight are known. When you look at the three profiles in my attachment, note that the mystery man is the ONLY ONE who is short enough that the top of Holly Bobo's head (5 feet 3 inches) is easily above his shoulders. This is one detail a witness should remember. An initial witness description of the suspect was likely given to police on the same day as the abduction, while memories were still perfectly fresh. The "mystery man" in my attachment, below, is the person we need to account for.

View attachment 58196

Wonderful work!

What about the brother A?

Doesn’t he come within the range of the mystery man?

By the way, disclosure isn't an answer to the question "What will we use at trial?" It is a comprehensive sharing of any and all evidence obtained by LE that pertains to this case at all. That, along with the fact that the disclosure was supposed to have started long before the change in DA's, is why a "review" of the disclosed evidence (other than an accounting to make sure EVERYTHING has been disclosed) would have been wrong to even ask for.

The requirement to disclose includes not only the best evidence, but the worst. It includes every snippet that points to the defendant, as well as every item that suggests he didn't do it. And it must include evidence gathered pertaining to alternative suspects, even if LE has decided those are not the ones they are going to prosecute for whatever reason. The defense is allowed to see what LE has gathered, and use it as they see fit.

There's no strategic decision-making here. This is the process of copying/scanning files and taking good photos of physical evidence, and giving it all to the defense.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/26461802/new-24th-judicial-district-da-reopens-cold-case

New 24th Judicial District DA reopens cold case

Posted: Sep 05, 2014 6:30 PM EDT
Updated: Sep 05, 2014 6:36 PM EDT
Reported by Dennis Ferrier - email
HUNTINGDON, TN (WSMV) -
The new district attorney in the Holly Bobo case said the day he was elected there were other cold cases in the district he was planning to reopen.

One of those cases involves a 15-year-old boy who was shot and killed in the yard of his family's Carroll County home.

District Attorney Matt Stowe of the 24th Judicial District said he would look at the coldest cases, no matter how difficult.

Tony Drumwright is remembered as a sweet boy and a homebody.

On Aug. 15, 1999, his parents came home and couldn't find him. Then they saw a bullet hole in their bathroom and the family's gun missing.

Becky Drumwright's husband ran outside where he found their son face down by their back porch, dying from a gunshot wound.

The next day, everything changed when police showed up with crime tape for a scene that had already been cleaned up.

"The sheriff said, 'I've got good news and bad news. The good news is he didn't do this to himself. The bad news is somebody else did,'" Becky Drumwright said.

<sniped>Stowe said there are so many unsolved murders, he is considering hiring a DA just to handle cold cases.

<sniped- read more>
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Bumping: from May 5, 2011

http://www.examiner.com/article/holly-bobo-abduction-3-week-wrap-up-we-re-not-giving-up-on-holly

Holly Bobo Abduction: 3-week wrap-up; &#8216;We&#8217;re not giving up on Holly&#8217; May 5, 2011

<sniped - read more>

A question was posed as to whether the TBI could provide the number of missing persons cold cases (TBI Spokesperson)Kristen Helm said, &#8220;TBI does not collect missing person statistics for the state of Tennessee.&#8221;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member