Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #5 ***ARRESTS***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have the original picture from his fb? I can't seem to find it! I can find screenshots of it, but did anyone save it directly from his fb?

03/07/2014 - Chilling Words From Holly Bobo's Accused Killer <video>
http://www.localmemphis.com/news/lo...Accused-Killer/d/story/hfpNBSk-MkOe9zrTy0PGxQ

<sniped - read more>

PARSONS, TN (localmemphis) -- The morning Holly Bobo went missing, the man now charged with kidnapping and murdering her, logged onto Facebook.

"You never was you stupid (expletive)" Zachary Adams posted on April 13, 2011.

Adams does not provide any context about who he was talking about or what could have led him to post it.

It isn't the only post raising eyebrows on Adams' page a day after he was indicted on kidnapping and murder charges.

Last December, the reward money for information leading to an arrest in the Bobo investigation was raised to $250,000.

Days later, Adams posted "Who am I looking for?" with a picture of himself in camouflage.

A friend writes, "Holly Bobo?"

Adams doesn't respond.

:seeya: Hi DF ! This is not an original from FB (I don't do FB), but I did an image search and found this:

BiFFIKeIUAAmQye.jpg

This may not help, but hopefully it will help in finding the original pic.

And since the reward was increased then, one has to wonder if our master of the macabre was, in fact, actually looking for her remains to move her.
PURE Speculation, but what if he had a feeling that with the new reward amount, someone in his sick circle of sociopaths might be tempted to sing like a canary.
It's actually plausible, sadly, IMO.

JMO
I posted this picture before. This is one I got from Google Earth of the general spot where I think the skull was found. I think the skull was found about 300 yards further north into the woods and the reason I think that is because this is the same small dirt road (one going north) that had the 2 grey cars with their trunks up and the crime tape on it.
When that picture of the 2 cars came out, there was another article that said the skull was found about 300 yards from the main road, and so I believe the main road they were referring to is the County Corner road which is that dirt road running East + West.

The cell tower is appearing flat by google earth which sometimes shows images mistakes like that.

The 2 grey cars with their trunks up were right near a whole bunch of news media cars at the time that were setup for the breaking news about the skull being found. So I am thinking this was the location they were blocking with crime tape that we saw in background behind the 2 grey cars. JMO of course.

Oh, and the reason I am pretty positive that small road going north is the same road that the 2 grey cars was on is there is a small pipe or log laying at an angle right as that road meets the main road. You can see it on the right side where the 2 roads intersect. There is 1 picture of the 2 grey cars that also shows this same sort of pipe or log sitting in same spot.

You can see the picture I am referring to in the below link but you have to page down and first find the 2 grey cars with hoods up and then go further down to see the overhead shot of the intersection of these same 2 roads and you can see that same log or pipe.

https://twitter.com/willnunley

Attachments

• Holly remains 7.gif
    Holly remains 7.gif
    229 KB · Views: 339
I have been absent for awhile due to health issues----when I saw the news that Holly's remains had been found I was filled with such utter and profound sadness. What a horrible loss of a young innocent life. She would have been such a great nurse. And, to the vermin who took her---Who in the hell gave you the right to wreck such havoc-- what you did makes me so sick-- Peace to Holly's family--she was an angel on earth and is now one in heaven.

I don't see how.

While the remains site lies N of the Bobo house, there is no evidence to conclude that she was taken to that site directly from being abducted. In fact, I'd wager the vast majority of theories say she was elsewhere, and alive, for some period of time. Some even seem to think her dead body was discarded one place first, then another.

If any of that is the working hypothesis, then the EVENTUAL site of body disposal can tell us absolutely nothing about the route taken on the day of abduction.

By the way, I'm not arguing that she wasn't taken in a northerly direction that day. Maybe she was. Maybe she wasn't. All I saying is, if that's what we wanna know, this ultimate location for Holly doesn't really give us any help in figuring it out.

My opinions only, no facts here:

Good Buddy,

While I agree with you in principle, if not in fact, my previous post above (#702) describes how to tell if the remains were originally buried and then removed (this is something I know about). But the overall flavor of your post retreats to "all things remain possible". I disagree. I believe we have enough combined evidence now to start forming specific hypotheses, and all things are not possible anymore.

To show that an argument is invalid, one must provide an equally convincing counterexample, not simply imply that such a counterexample exists. Oddly, I see this reasoning a lot: since all possibilities exist, all singular possibilities posted on the internet are invalid. I have tried to identify this form of reasoning, it might be argumentum e silentio. That is to say "where the conclusion is based on the absence of evidence [your logic], rather than the existence of evidence [my logic]" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies).

In the "Many Worlds hypothesis" of Quantum Mechanics, all scenarios remain equally possible. But that is in DIFFERENT multiple parallel realities of existence. But, we are stuck with one current bare reality in the Holly Bobo case and one new fact: her remains were found NORTH from her abduction site. As far as we know to-date, nothing relevant was found SOUTH of her home.

On a more practical note; only the Three Stooges would have traveled south on Swan Johnson Road after the abduction. They would most certainly have been observed and their license plates recorded by multiple police-vehicle occupants traveling to the scene.

And concerning a more immediate subject, remember in Spring of 2013 (it is in my timeline on Websleuths) when a private investigative agency claimed they deduced the path of Holly Bobo's abductor(s) after her kidnapping (from her cell phone pings)? Their map showed a route that passes eerily close to where Holly's remains were recently found. Is this blind luck? This private investigative group could not have possessed better information than the authorities (otherwise Holly's remains would have been found much earlier). What do you make of this serendipitous prediction by the private investigators?

By the way, I have seen several posts that imply Holly was not found because of the logical fallacy of a "needle in a haystack" argument. The searchers use CADAVER DOGS. If Holly's remains were at the present discovery site three years ago AND if this area was searched at that time, the dogs would have located her almost immediately. Yogi the bloodhound (check this dog out at http://www.alie.org/about.html- this story is better than any dramatic movie) would have traced Holly from her abduction site to her final resting place with his ears tied behind his back! If Yogi the bloodhound had been employed on the day of Holly's abduction, we would have nothing to talk about now.

Sleuth On!

Its obvious to me that several people knew what happened to Holly, if not the details then the general knowledge.....and yet no one said anything. I felt from the start the perp in this crime was arrogant and spoiled and would have a hard time containing himself if he had actually pulled this off. I thought to myself, "It will only be a matter of time before he brags about this and then he will be reported by his friends." After all, what innocent person could keep such information to themselves?

ZA fits the bill perfectly....only thing is, the people he bragged to were the people who assisted him in the crime! I am still amazed that among these perps and their cohorts, not one went to authorities with what they knew. I kept thinking, "Someone will cave in and talk." And maybe that's what happened in the end with ZA's brother.

I think many more people knew something about Holly's demise and didn't bring information forward, which is a truth I find hard to accept. Authorities might have heard some local rumors but had nothing concrete to allow them to move forward with arrests. The hubbub for many months, almost from the start, was that the A-Gang (or A-Train, as some say) had done this. Surely authorities had enough connections to know that this was the consensus of the community at large.

Mr. Noatak, in his astute post above, mentions the use of cadaver dogs in the search for Holly. It is hard to imagine that if this area had been searched with dogs, that Holly was not found. She was only a few feet off of a logging road from what I understand. I am curious to know from experts how long her remains may have been at that location.

Also, I'm curious about future arrests. Ready to see action on that....

Noatak

My point, which you sidestep, was to point out that when you say the location of the remains site somehow supports your thinking on a northern route, that's pure nonsense.

I'll explain it for you again. The belief is that Holly was alive for some days, weeks, or months, and perhaps in more than one location until she was killed and her body was dumped. That means her body didn't end up at the remains site until later.

So, because of the fact that Holly wasn't killed and dumped on day one, the site where she was ultimately dumped can't tell us a single thing about the day one route she was taken. It only answers the question of where her body was taken at a later point in time.

So when you say the location of the remains site somehow lends support to your thinking on a northern route on day one, that's logically absurd.

As for the cell ping map, either we take it as trustworthy, or we don't. As for whether we should:
*it admittedly was created without all sorts of relevant and crucial info (such as timestamps)
*it had really weird "info" in it (such as Holly's phone being at the Bobo house 2 hrs later, the route heading far west, and stopping in a cemetery at some point))
*LE called it pure nonsense
*the WW people kinda said it was wild-guessery intended to create attention, searches, and TV ratings, rather than to offer any reliability
*the Decatur County Police threatened to arrest them for putting out misleading info, and
*the TV station issued a retraction for airing it.
But if it fits a theory, do we ignore all of that and use it as "evidence"? I'll leave it up to you as to whether it's reliable enough to be used as some sort of proof for your theories. GIGO, imo.

In any event, that's neither here nor there on what can be learned about the day one route from the location of the remains site.

As I am thinking about this (sorry but its early and my brain stays in neutral at this hour), didn't we hear a report about ZA's vehicle or a 4 wheeler being seen at the Bible Hill Cemetery on the morning Holly was abducted? Seems like a local had driven by there on an unrelated errand and noticed the vehicle there. Any posters remember our discussions about this?

As I am thinking about this (sorry but its early and my brain stays in neutral at this hour), didn't we hear a report about ZA's vehicle or a 4 wheeler being seen at the Bible Hill Cemetery on the morning Holly was abducted? Seems like a local had driven by there on an unrelated errand and noticed the vehicle there. Any posters remember our discussions about this?

I don't know, but if so, is that evidence for, or against, ZA or the 4-wheeler having anything to do with Holly? BHCem looks to be right in town on a road to nowhere, on the E end of the town such as it is. It's neither on the way from anywhere or to anywhere.

On this map, it's more or less at the intersection of Russ Long and Phillip Wallace, due east of town.

I do think it's possible Holly was first placed in the well, and later moved, which would have left evidence behind that would have told LE she was deceased without having the body. I can't remember if the well was dry or had water?

Not sure what it means SteveS. Just trying to refresh my memory after several years of discussions....

I had posted this in the other thread discussing the remains, I haven't seen it mentioned here, so I thought I would bring it over:

I hadn't seen this mentioned but the Camden chronicle mentions in an interview with the two hunters that there was also an upside down, 2 gallon Sheetrock bucket with Holly's remains. Hopefully they can trace this to someone who purchased it or at least get evidence off it!

http://www.magicvalleypublishing.com/editionviewer/?Edition=b3cd7661-a9ff-4401-beee-ba147842cce8

<BBM for focus>

Yep SteveS, her phone pings on 04/13/2011 indicates that she was taken to the body dump location after her abduction, but does not tell us how long that she was kept alive, or if she was later transported to other safe havens. The first day or two, if my memory is correct, the search area with the exception of the aerial search by the THP was only only a five mile radius of the Bobo home on Swan Johnson. Due to the full leave canopy in April, it would have been difficult to spot them from the air, imo. Seems that the radius was expanded to 25 miles after a couple of days.

I am confused somewhat about the pings. Doesn't that just tell us her phone was in that area that day? How does that show that she (physically) was taken to that particular site? If her phone was thrown out in that area wouldn't that just indicate the phone was there but not necessarily Holly?

Its just that we have seen so many other cases where almost the first thing the abductor does is discards the victim's phone.

Isnt that what Torres did in Sierra's case? He threw her phone out in a certain area and her book bag in another? Yet we know he had Sierra with him and took her to some other unknown location to discard her remains.

I do think it's possible Holly was first placed in the well, and later moved, which would have left evidence behind that would have told LE she was deceased without having the body. I can't remember if the well was dry or had water?

Dogface, obviously something was located during the search of ZA's property that convinced the family that HB was deceased, imo. Imo, bone fragments or other items of forensics value were located during the search. Imo, this would likely indicate that HB's remains were later relocated to the final destination off County Corner RD...

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/news/256641281.html

New Details That Led To Arrest In Holly Bobo Case <video>

CREATED Apr 24, 2014
DECATUR COUNTY, Tenn. - New details uncovered by NewsChannel 5 shed light on what may have led to the arrest of Zach Adams for the murder of Holly Bobo.
Not long after the TBI arrested Zach for Bobo's murder they said he threatened his brother sending a message through another inmate: "He's the one who started this s*** and if he don't shut his mouth he will be in the hole beside her."

And NewsChannel 5 has learned the "hole" could refer to one of the water wells on Adams' property. The grandfather confirmed there are two: One is 15 feet down to a shallow spring. The other is much deeper. Both capable of hiding a body.

In fact, the grandfather confirmed the TBI used backhoes to dig up and search both wells. There was no indication they found a body. But several sources close to the investigation said they recovered some type of physical evidence -- possibly bone fragments. If that's true the question is: Did the fragments come from Holly Bobo?
<sniped for Focus - Read more>

I am confused somewhat about the pings. Doesn't that just tell us her phone was in that area that day? How does that show that she (physically) was taken to that particular site? If her phone was thrown out in that area wouldn't that just indicate the phone was there but not necessarily Holly?

Its just that we have seen so many other cases where almost the first thing the abductor does is discards the victim's phone.

Isnt that what Torres did in Sierra's case? He threw her phone out in a certain area and her book bag in another? Yet we know he had Sierra with him and took her to some other unknown location to discard her remains.

I'm not sure just how much can be (or is) known from the phone "pings." There are only a few towers in the area - some run along I-40, and some run along 412 that runs through Parsons about 15 miles south - and without some sort of triangulation between towers, it seems to me that such pings would just be an indication that her phone was somewhere in range of that tower.

The idea that a ping from a tower means a visit to that tower is, as I understand it, a pure misunderstanding of the technology.

In addition, pings would be rendered even less meaningful without a timestamp, and to the extent they have that data, its existence or content has never been revealed by LE to anyone.

The neighbors heard blood curdling screams, IIRC, and she was stabbed or beaten to the point of blood puddles in the driveway. That doesn't sound like a willing participant/not putting up a fight to me. She was overpowered, like countless other victims. JMO.

True, but I'm just going by what Clint reported with her appearing to walk calmly into the woods with a camouflage man. I suppose he could have had a weapon at her side or something, but I'm still bothered by the fact that from at least what Clint was able to witness, there wasn't much of a struggle..

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Ma...here-Holly-Bobos-remains-found-274687741.html

Man says he saw Adams, Autry in area where Holly Bobo's remains found
By Brittany Nicholson
By bnicholson@wbbjtv.com
Story Created: Sep 10, 2014 at 6:52 PM CDT
Story Updated: Sep 10, 2014 at 8:32 PM CDT
DECATUR COUNTY, Tenn. -- A man said he saw both Zach Adams and Jason Autry in the area where Holly Bobo's remains were found on a regular basis.

Adams and Autry have both been indicted for Bobo's kidnapping and murder.

John Tubbs said he has known both men most of his life. He said they were often in the area.

"Him and Jason both. Jason rode a dirt bike through there quite a bit," Tubbs said.

<sniped - read more>

Originally Posted by DocBrew View Post
The neighbors heard blood curdling screams, IIRC, and she was stabbed or beaten to the point of blood puddles in the driveway. That doesn't sound like a willing participant/not putting up a fight to me. She was overpowered, like countless other victims. JMO.

True, but I'm just going by what Clint reported with her appearing to walk calmly into the woods with a camouflage man. I suppose he could have had a weapon at her side or something, but I'm still bothered by the fact that from at least what Clint was able to witness, there wasn't much of a struggle..

<BBM for Focus>
Your absolutely correct, DocBrew, imo. The 1st rule of prey for an experienced sexual predator is to gain full compliance of the innocent victim..
Jenison, it is likely that the struggle happened before CB peered out the window and wasn't witnessed by him, or else he would have intervened, imo. Once full compliance of an innocent victim is gained, either by physical violence, threat of harm with a lethal weapon, or both. The victim will usually obey the abductor/predator's commands...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member