Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #5 ***ARRESTS***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet article. You can see the pain on the friends face. This community's unwavering faith is moving.

:seeya: Hi DF !

Yes, very moving ... I was "tearing up" reading it !

:please: for the Bobo Family, Friends, Supporters

:please: for Justice for Holly

:seeya: Hello Y'all !

Does anyone know IF Mark Pearcy's Hearing is still scheduled for Today in Decatur County ?

Remember all that "confusion" the last time MP was supposed to appear in court ?

From the Jackson Sun 8/18/14:

Judge Rick Wood said he is disappointed in the way attorneys handled Mark Pearcy's preliminary hearing, which was supposed to be scheduled for today in Decatur County General Sessions Court. Pearcy is charged with tampering with evidence and accessory after the fact in the Holly Bobo case.

Both attorneys asked that Wood continue the case with a preliminary hearing set for Sept. 22.

Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...ing-reset-pearcy-in-federal-custody/14232939/

IF anyone sees anything, please give us an update !

TIA !!!

I was hoping that we would find out at this hearing if they were able to retrieve the alleged video from the phone. Hopefully all this commotion about ZA's brother's arrest has not caused the media to forget to check it out.

:seeya: Hi ZS !

I've been checking the MSM for any news on MP's Hearing that was scheduled for today and nothing ... nada ... zip !

WHAT is going on ? Maybe it was postponed ?

I'm not sure IF the media outlets forgot about it because it was to be held in Decatur County -- same place as DA's hearing was earlier this morning ... so I'm guessing that they would have covered it -- IF it was on the docket.

:moo:

dog.gone.cute & ZooSleuth,
Great Posts! I am wondering also. I got the memo that state prosecutors had to ask a federal judge to turn over Mark Pearcy;for the preliminary hearing at Decatur County Court today. But,MSN really dropped the ball by not following up on the reason. This is a critical issue,"we demand justice for Holly".

:waiting: Unless all of us have missed the link on Mark Pearcy hearing today?MOO

The hearing was set for today September 22 at 9 a.m. OR 1p.m. depending on which MSN you read.

The following is from WKRM last week (last updated Sept 17th)

Both prosecutors and Pearcy's attorney said they would make sure to notify the court.
State prosecutors said they may have to ask a federal judge to order Pearcy turned over to appear in general sessions court in September.
http://wkrn.com/story/26305183/holly-bobo-suspect-mark-pearcy-fails-to-appear

dog.gone.cute & ZooSleuth,
Great Posts! I am wondering also. I got the memo that state prosecutors had to ask a federal judge to turn over Mark Pearcy;for the preliminary hearing at Decatur County Court today. But,MSN really dropped the ball by not following up on the reason. This is a critical issue,"we demand justice for Holly".

:waiting: Unless all of us have missed the link on Mark Pearcy hearing today?MOO

:seeya: Hi MizStery !

BBM: This is JMO but I think with all the recent developments of Holly's remains being found, DA's arrest, the searches at ZA's home -- and whatever else has been going on that we don't know about -- maybe MP's hearing got pushed back because these other developments were more of a priority ?

Now, that's not to say that MP, the "video" and accessory after the fact charge is not a priority ... it's ALL important for Justice for Holly ...

KWIM ? Just taking a "wild guess" here ... fwiw ...

I've checked many of the media links today and nothing on MP ...

I hope this helps.

After seeing Dylan's court photos and videos, I do not see him as a prime-time player in this, at least from a violence standpoint. He is at best medium in stature, and according to a MSM quote by his mom, he has learning disabilities. He is definitely a follower.

I can almost see him as one that Holly might befriend in a clinical way. And I also see him as one that hung around a lot with big brother. Is he the connection between Holly's world and their evil?

The facts that he was in witness protection, is charged with a non-violent side offense, and is in "negotiations" about bail suggests he is a fountain of information for the DA and that he is talking. The recent charge is motivation for him to keep talking. With that kind of cooperation and his mental needs, he will get someplace he can get treatment and be protected. He would not last in any prison given who he is ratting on, and they obviously are concerned about even county jails.

He has probably given details of crimes committed by his brother and/or other perpetrators other than the charges of kidnapping and murder, but the DA needs independent evidentiary confirmation of those additional crimes, both because of Dylan's mental situation and because in Tennessee there must be independent cooraberating evidence of testimony of a charged participant in the crime, including the identity of the defendant. Like a video.

Fortunately, from what I have read, the recent change in Apple's non-response policy is limited to those that have upgraded to their recently released iOS and would not shield Apple from a subpoena for a passcode for Pearcy's phone.

All this is my take on things.

Everything that happened to Holly, an innocent victim, kidnapped and taken by force from her own home by a depraved criminal with collusion by a group of men who went along with it (with long criminal records -- ZA's is 8 pages long (http://ftpcontent4.worldnow.com/wmctv/Zachary Adams CH.pdf) and charges include domestic assault and aggravated assault, etc.) working in concert to sexually abuse and kill her, is absurdly awful, heinous, etc. I think some version of a "three strikes and you're out" type of law should be developed for people who are serial criminals to be watched more closely and with more leeway by LE.

It's all too heinous and horrible to imagine, especially for Holly's loved ones, but man, when I see ZA's rap sheet is 8 pages long and he is rumored to be in a gang that seems to embrace that lifestyle in that small community, I think people like that should be watched and prevented from willfully or randomly attacking innocent people in their community. I'm thinking something like a "Holly's Law" where people living in a community with so many arrests and crimes on their record should be watched by local LE, i.e., quite doggedly in anticipation of further crimes, and legally LE could follow and investigate these serial criminals and their movements in anticipation of preventing further crimes if they have committed more than "x".

Don't know what the bar would be (3 convictions related to sexual or domestic or other types of violence, gang, and/or drug activity?), and I'm sure it would be very complicated and fought by civil/criminal/human rights lawyers, etc. But it seems incredibly wrong and tragic that such bad actors with numerous convictions and evil intent/malice aforethought as a group, no less, should be able to wreak such havoc doing such unspeakable violence to an innocent, and to get away with it for years without anyone in LE having been given the opportunity to look at them and their activities because they can only work on each individual aspect of charges against them, but collectively can not seem to justify investigating them as a menace to society or a broad threat to local people.

snipped for brevity and bbm

Your post got me thinking. I live in GA, and we have the "3 strikes law." I did some reading around the web and found this. If it is still in force, why wasn't it applied to ZA and JA?

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/three-strikes-laws-in-different-states.html
Some states apply the "strike" to the second serious, violent felony. For example, in Georgia and Tennessee a felon convicted of a two serious or violent crimes, such as murder, armed robbery, kidnapping, or rape, must receive a life sentence without the possibility of parole.

Refer to California's three strikes law for how well that worked out for them. A lot of unnecessarily long sentences and people in jail, in overcrowded prisons, bankrupts the state. Just research on how/why people were trying to repeal three strikes in the 2012 state election.

We already have sex offender registries. We have sentencing guidelines and mandatory sentencing. These laws would not change anything regarding Holly's case. Her killers will already get life, if not the death penalty. Look at the specifics of ZA's record - did his grandparents fail to press charges because they feared for their lives? Maybe then thy were in need of domestic violence services. Were his cases always CWOF'd? Maybe the court system in that county is overburdened and underfunded. Why is meth such a huge problem in that county? Are there not enough treatment programs in the state? Is there not enough for teenagers there to do, not enough alternatives to drugs? Is poverty a factor? How well-funded are county social-service programs? Are there enough social workers? And why was a group of men allowed to abduct, I'm assuming rape, and murder this young woman? Is there something in the culture there that encourages or permits rape and discourages reporting? Who raised these men, and did they witness physical and sexual abuse in their own homes?

I don't know how much more punishment you want in this country. But if you want more surveillance, maybe you should go work for the NSA. Or volunteer to be a foster parent to give abused children who grow up to become the Zach Adams' of the world a healthy home and a shot at not going to prison. Or volunteer at a local rape crisis hotline to help victims like Holly. www.rainn.org has local resources. Or vote for candidates in your town, state and nation who will fund education, healthcare, and social services that keep juveniles and adults from going down these paths in the first place.

There are plenty of healthier ways to make a difference in the criminal justice system than new reactionary laws that are a response to one case and have adverse, unintended consequences everywhere else.

My opinions only, no facts here:

This case needs to be simplified. We do not need yet more unnamed suspects 'out there somewhere'. At some point, the ability for such a large group of individuals to remain silent for more than 3 years (nor claim the significant reward money) will become non-believable. At what point would you begin to suspect that the authorities have cast a net that is too wide? Returning to an earlier post I made, read about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wenatchee_child_abuse_prosecutions, while remembering that this past case is now regarded as fantasy and settlements with falsely-charged people will cost that state a fortune. Regarding this earlier case, are 29,726 charges against 43 suspects enough to make you skeptical or uneasy?

I like the new DA in the Holly Bobo case. I just do not want to see this case spin out-of-control with too many suspects and too few credible prosecution witnesses. We have traveled this path before. And learning from the Wenatchee case I cited above- convictions are not always the end of the story. Public defenders work hard for their clients, but stand little chance against the financial resources of an entire state.

Having said all of this, I grudgingly admit that something scientific must be going on in the background. Before the recent Tennessee elections, I fretted that the case was "feeding on itself" (multiple feedback loops leading to more arrests and accusations). With the recently-elected new DA basically supporting the status quo, there must be at least some validity to and basis for the prior arrests. But be cautious- over the next several weeks this case may still turn on a dime.

As of today, my opinion remains unchanged in this regard: the main suspect and the second suspect (the big guy) do NOT fit the description of the abductor provided by Holly's brother.

Sleuth On!

:seeya: Hi MizStery !

BBM: This is JMO but I think with all the recent developments of Holly's remains being found, DA's arrest, the searches at ZA's home -- and whatever else has been going on that we don't know about -- maybe MP's hearing got pushed back because these other developments were more of a priority ?

Now, that's not to say that MP, the "video" and accessory after the fact charge is not a priority ... it's ALL important for Justice for Holly ...

KWIM ? Just taking a "wild guess" here ... fwiw ...

I've checked many of the media links today and nothing on MP ...

I hope this helps.

I doubt it. It is a separate case, and if a hearing has been scheduled, a hearing will be held. Neither the DA nor the defence can change that because they feel like it.

From the Jackson Sun on Dylan Adams Hearing:

"Mr. Adams, you've been charged with fabricating or tampering with evidence. Do you understand the nature of these charges?" Wood asked.

"Yes, sir." Adams said.

Wood asked Adams if Adams or his family were able to hire an attorney, and Adams said no.

More details on this morning's Hearing at the link below:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/2014/09/22/john-dylan-adams-arraigned-in-bobo-case/16048491/

According to that report the affidavit claimed:

"On September 17, 2014, this agent heard Dylan Adams tell other agent with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation that on April 13, 2011, Dylan Adams disposed of item(s) he knew possessed evidentiary value relating to Holly Bobo,"

So it doesn't sound like there is much evidence beyond what one agent claimed Adams told another agent. It seems to follow the MO of the police/DA in so many of the other charges filed in this case - ie based primarily on what other people said/claimed but with little or no actual hard evidence.

It also sounds like he was cooperating with the police, so why was he charged like this I wonder? It implies that whatever he was telling them wasn't turning out to be too useful or he wasn't cooperating as much as they thought he should be, so they filed these charges as a method of strong arming him to their will. Like I said, typical LE MO in this case.

Is this not the brother that started all the current round of arrests with his allegations in order to get out of other charges he was facing a hefty sentence on? Perhaps the stuff he told them so they could execute search warrants and do the arrests turned out to be less than reliable and didn't yield anything. And they are stuck with a bunch of unsubstantiated allegations with a ticking clock running.

I doubt it. It is a separate case, and if a hearing has been scheduled, a hearing will be held. Neither the DA nor the defence can change that because they feel like it.

Hi Tugela,

1st: With all due respect, my post reads JMO and taking a "wild guess" ... so it was just an "opinion."

2nd: As to the Bold above, we do not know IF a motion or request was made to the Judge to change MP's hearing that was scheduled on 9/22/14 because of all the recent developments.

Much has happened in the past couple of weeks, and the DA and TBI/LE is NOT sharing much info with the public ... no doubt, a lot is happening "behind the scenes" ...

MP's hearing was scheduled yesterday for 9:00 a.m. -- which was the same time as DA's hearing -- and the same Courthouse. And I do believe IF the Hearing was taking place, the Media would have covered it.

Unfortunately, because we do NOT have ALL the FACTS, we are left to sometimes speculate ...

All JMO and :moo:

I think it means he omitted facets of his involvement when he first started talking and then admitted to further being involved than he originally portrayed. I think it possibly went from him being a witness only to involved. But that is JMO.

I am wondering if Dylan's arrest is not a move to bring documented evidence into the case to explain why he knew things all this time yet did not report it and followed direction from his brother. IIRC JA claimed that the brothers "hated" each other. I believe featured coming attractions will be the defense explaining away Dylan's motive to "snitch" on his brother for a free pass. By his being arrested it helps to reduce the "snitch" factor and shows the DA will charge ALL those involved in any way.

Isn't MP being held in Madison County as well? All the other suspects on various levels are being held in separate jails in separate counties. I would think Dylan would know whether the Pearcy brothers knew Zach and Dylan.

JMO's

I think maybe I did not make my point more specific. In this particular case I do not believe that the Pearcy bothers do not know Zachery and the others. I am not making a blanket statement against all jewelers. A master jeweler is known for melting down gold and manufacturing new jewelry. Even to make new settings for cultured pearls. In a small community of 3,000 how many "master jewelers" are there? IMO they do know each other and possibly have done business before.

It's circular (and very flawed) reasoning to say these guys are uniquely linked because the rule is that these guys must be (uniquely) linked because of jewelry, so therefore we can assume they are linked. That's a bad assumption, and quite illogical (and unfair, of course) as a way to supposedly "prove" they might have been in cahoots.

If there's a demonstrable history of a jeweler-customer relationship, then that's the thing to use, rather than a blind assumption that one must exist.

To take it one step further, to this point we don't even have LE alleging that there is any relationship at all between the jeweler and the thieves. It's one of those degrees of separation things (by which it's said anyone can be linked to almost anyone in the whole world in 6 steps)...in this case
1 jeweler JP
2 is the step/half-brother of MP
3 who supposedly knows ZA
4 who says he knows the thieves.

I am wondering if Dylan's arrest is not a move to bring documented evidence into the case to explain why he knew things all this time yet did not report it and followed direction from his brother. IIRC JA claimed that the brothers "hated" each other. I believe featured coming attractions will be the defense explaining away Dylan's motive to "snitch" on his brother for a free pass. By his being arrested it helps to reduce the "snitch" factor and shows the DA will charge ALL those involved in any way.

Isn't MP being held in Madison County as well? All the other suspects on various levels are being held in separate jails in separate counties. I would think Dylan would know whether the Pearcy brothers knew Zach and Dylan.

JMO's

:seeya: Hi jggordo,

BBM: MP is in federal custody.

From WSMV article:

But in one of the most high-profile cases in Tennessee, there was confusion in the courtroom.

It seemed both sides were unprepared for Mark Pearcy's hearing Monday in a Decatur County courtroom.

In court on Monday, officials said Mark Pearcy was in federal custody in Jackson.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/26307944/continuance-issued-in-case-of-holly-bobo-suspect

IMO the arrest of Dylan is being extremely "overthought" and (in this forum) made into something it isn't, and to some extent LE is complicit, as they've worked hard to spin something relatively minor into a huge development, when it's not.

From the arrest doc, we see that
1 Dylan's arrest was based on what he told an agent on 9/17 ...
2 ...which explains the basis for their allegation of what and when Dylan did this
3 ...and further shows this arrest was NOT the product of some vigorous detective work
4 Dylan's arrest was for actions specifically on the day Holly was abducted
5 ...the crime being the act of throwing away something he shouldn't have discarded
6 ...which means that, unless she was killed and her body dumped by the cell tower on that day, this arrest has nothing to do with the discovery of her remains or something occurring when her body was discarded there
7 Dylan's arrest does not have pertain to him being involved in any of the abduction or disposal of the body
8 Dylan had previously provided voluntary testimony that he had seen her alive and in the custody of ZA after her abduction ...
9 ...his cooperation was further attested by his mother's recent statement
10 ...and he was again talking with LE and providing info, when he was arrested for doing so
11 ...so this arrest had no purpose to get him to testify, and it's somewhat baffling to see such a relatively minor act getting a cooperating witness arrested
12 I can see LE possibly doing this to make him appear to be prosecuted, rather than cooperating, except that putting him in prison (where he might be in danger for his cooperation with LE) feels really odd
13 LE has made a big deal about this arrest showing their diligence, showing how they are rounding up people involved, and blah blah blah, except
- a - they don't actually think he perpetrated any of the major crimes, and
- b - they arrested him for simply putting a used shovel or tarp or bedspread or something in the trash on that very first day without having any other involvement in what was happening.

I think maybe I did not make my point more specific. In this particular case I do not believe that the Pearcy bothers do not know Zachery and the others. I am not making a blanket statement against all jewelers. A master jeweler is known for melting down gold and manufacturing new jewelry. Even to make new settings for cultured pearls. In a small community of 3,000 how many "master jewelers" are there? IMO they do know each other and possibly have done business before. Further I believe there is a reason they will not provide passwords or codes to search the phones. Why go through money for bond and attorney fees with nothing to hide?

Again, I am talking about these particular individuals in this particular situation, not jewelers in general.

JMO's

Sorry to bring forward my own post. But SteveS should you quote one of my posts please use the entire post or post that it is snipped. I explained in my post that these are my opinions, not stated as fact or proof. We at WS are entitled to those. In this particular case to say that because LE has not shown evidence does not mean there isn't any. As I have stated earlier I believe these men know each other. I also believe that LE has some sort of evidence to think so too. For the Prosecution and District Attorney in conjunction with TBI and FBI to not only bring charges and continue to pursue them but bring more leads me to believe there is proof in the pudding. It is frustrating that we do not know more until trial which causes some speculation. However in the absence of that I do not find grading each other's opinions as productive.

JMO's

IMO the arrest of Dylan is being extremely "overthought" and (in this forum) made into something it isn't, and to some extent LE is complicit, as they've worked hard to spin something relatively minor into a huge development, when it's not.

snipped for brevity by me

I hope you are willing to answer my question. For Holly's case, are you a verified insider, verified local, or a verified attorney?

After seeing Dylan's court photos and videos, I do not see him as a prime-time player in this, at least from a violence standpoint. He is at best medium in stature, and according to a MSM quote by his mom, he has learning disabilities. He is definitely a follower.

Fortunately, from what I have read, the recent change in Apple's non-response policy is limited to those that have upgraded to their recently released iOS and would not shield Apple from a subpoena for a passcode for Pearcy's phone.

All this is my take on things.

snipped for brevity and bbm by me

Your above bolded quote made me curious. I googled this and found a pdf about it which is located here
http://images.apple.com/privacy/docs/legal-process-guidelines-us.pdf

The below bolded is copied from this document.I. Extracting Data from Passcode Locked iOS Devices
For all devices running iOS 8.0 and later versions, Apple will no longer be performing iOS data
extractions as the data sought will be encrypted and Apple will not possess the encryption key.

I don't understand this sentence at all. Does it mean that Apple will not have in its possession the encryption key If not, what company would have this encryption key>
TIA

snipped for brevity by me

I hope you are willing to answer my question. For Holly's case, are you a verified insider, verified local, or a verified attorney?

Not sure why you ask or why it would matter.

The facts I used were all taken directly from what LE is saying on the record under oath, plus the obvious implications that flow from those facts. The only broad opinion I offered was based on the truth that actions (and statements on the record under the penalty of perjury) speak far louder than words in a press conference.

There is no question that the press conferences and interviews have made a big deal out of this recent stuff. But that's not what the official record says. Since they don't match, I take the words under oath as gospel, and the other stuff as puffery designed to pump up public sentiment and confidence as they go about the task.

Your above bolded quote made me curious. I googled this and found a pdf about it which is located here

The below bolded is copied from this document.I. Extracting Data from Passcode Locked iOS Devices
For all devices running iOS 8.0 and later versions, Apple will no longer be performing iOS data
extractions as the data sought will be encrypted and Apple will not possess the encryption key.

I don't understand this sentence at all. Does it mean that Apple will not have in its possession the encryption key If not, what company would have this encryption key>
TIA

Hi Pearl,
My husband is a Electrical Engineer,so this is the way I understand it.:lookingitup:OK,here I go:LE could go to Apple who would use key (password)and their (Apple)algorithm would retrieve the encrypted data on your Apple device. Apple's newest operating system iOS 8 (I just installed it on my device) does not support this. So LE will not be able to require Apple to provide private encrypted data from their devices. :smile: Somehow I do not know if I truly believe this claim by Apple. I'll wait and see. MOO

There is work being done on Quantum Encryption you can Google if interested.

TIA

Yes it means that Apple won't have the encryption key. I'm guessing that having a 3rd party, that specializes in security, in possession of the encryption key will minimize the security risks and liabilities at Apple and shift the burden over to that other company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmoh4