HOLLY BOBO on Nashville's Channel Four 4-29-13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I miss how Ms Wysocki became involved in this case? Who reached out to who? I will go look...

I am pretty sure she said it was because she had a dream about Holly. Something about the writing is on the wall.

I wonder if the shredded pink shirt was tested for Hollys DNA, very strange. IMHO, I think the perp is almost 100% involved in the searches. I also think TBI has a very good idea who he is but not enough evidence to act on an arrest. I know some people think what is being released by the PI is nothing to take seriously, but if what they are saying is true maybe it will jog someone's memory about seeing someone on the route the abductor took or the placement of the phone/sim card, or even the shredded t-shirt. Also if the perp feels like the investigation is heating up or closing in on him he will slip up in some way. All JMO.

The t shirt info is horrific. This almost sounds very juvenile and I wonder if there IS a perp; if he is very young. The taunting doesn't fit with an adult for me.

I still think it's someone from her church, I agree with above posters it's someone who knew this family. And it does sound like the person may be involved in the searching as well as leaving or taunting with "clues". Which is so juvenile.

YYcgirl-are you kidding me?
I am pretty sure she said it was because she had a dream about Holly. Something about the writing is on the wall.
Ugh.

I find the very last statement given by LE to be huge myself. For them to feel they had to issue a statement regarding "not dealing with families regarding the case" that to me...isn't good. It may mean that someone close to her is involved. this isn't an
attack on her famliy either; it's discussion about what LE is choosing to address: And they are addressing NOT discussing the case with family. and that's huge to me.
This is the Quote:

"The appropriate information has been shared with the Bobo family at the appropriate times. They have routinely called the agent assigned to the case, the assistant special agent in charge, the special agent in charge, as well as Director Mark Gwyn. All of them have taken the Bobos' phone calls regularly."

TBI officials added they routinely do not consult with victims' families regarding the investigative strategies of cases.

YYcgirl-are you kidding me?

Ugh.

I agree. And we have seen how hurtful "physics" can be. Just look at what happened on Montel to Amanda Berry's mother. I truly think after that she believed this false prophet, and believed her dead because of her saying she spoke to her dead daughter. *ack* And she died thereafter. Most likely of a broken heart, knowing she believed her Amanda Dead. She wasn't. She was alive being held hostage. Utterly unbelievable how some will prey on others when they are most vulnerable.

I find the very last statement given by LE to be huge myself. For them to feel they had to issue a statement regarding "not dealing with families regarding the case" that to me...isn't good. It may mean that someone close to her is involved. this isn't an
attack on her famliy either; it's discussion about what LE is choosing to address: And they are addressing NOT discussing the case with family. and that's huge to me.
This is the Quote:

"The appropriate information has been shared with the Bobo family at the appropriate times. They have routinely called the agent assigned to the case, the assistant special agent in charge, the special agent in charge, as well as Director Mark Gwyn. All of them have taken the Bobos' phone calls regularly."

TBI officials added they routinely do not consult with victims' families regarding the investigative strategies of cases.

I find nothing bothersome in that language. There is a difference between updating families on the results of an investigation (which they said they've been doing) and actually sharing what strategies/techniques they are going to use. I suspect no LE agency actually shares their strategies and techniques with anyone.

This is the Quote:

As far as the bolded portion of this quote, I've found that to be completely factual. They do NOT share information from their investigations.

Another thing I hope they clarify is the receipt found. Was it holly or the perps? What was it a receipt for? If it wasn't Hollys could they track the purchase?

Another thing I hope they clarify is the receipt found. Was it holly or the perps? What was it a receipt for? If it wasn't Hollys could they track the purchase?

And how do they know it is even connected to the case...unless they have some obvious "uh-oh" items on it (like rope and duct tape).

I would have to assume it was Holly's or there would be no way to tie it into the case.

I think I have all I need to determine that the PI's do not have access to the files of the investigation and that LE has not confirmed any of the information that the PI's have given to the general public.

Argh. Now I am afraid for the Bobo's-I fear that whatever trickle of information they have been receiving regarding the status of the investigation is now gone. They may be stonewalled. :( I would love to get a sense of the hiring process from start to finish for Ms Wysocki's group. Because without LE cooperation on some level, a situation like this is infinitely more difficult-all the obstacles are higher. So in my mind the only concrete info the team has is likely the ping map. But I guess we will see Sunday.

This poor family. I hope Ms Wysocki and her group told the Bobos that there was a risk of this. :(

I think I have all I need to determine that the PI's do not have access to the files of the investigation and that LE has not confirmed any of the information that the PI's have given to the general public.

Argh. Now I am afraid for the Bobo's-I fear that whatever trickle of information they have been receiving regarding the status of the investigation is now gone. They may be stonewalled. :( I would love to get a sense of the hiring process from start to finish for Ms Wysocki's group. Because without LE cooperation on some level, a situation like this is infinitely more difficult-all the obstacles are higher. So in my mind the only concrete info the team has is likely the ping map. But I guess we will see Sunday.

This poor family. I hope Ms Wysocki and her group told the Bobos that there was a risk of this. :(

For whatever it's worth, I think the Bobo's felt like they were already being stonewalled so they're really not losing anything. I think, if it were me and my family, and it had been 2 years with little to no progress, and LE wasn't keeping me in the loop to some extent, and in the meantime my family is being threatened and looked upon as suspects in part I believe because of LE's failure to communicate to the public and when they do, they do a lousy job....I might just hire a PI too to develop as many leads as possible and push the issue, LE be damned. At some point I really wouldn't care if I'm offending LE's sensibilities or not. That might not be the best approach, but I certainly understand it. Just my 2 cents.

I do agree with your points about the reliability of the information being disclosed though. Less reliable than from LE's mouth but more reliable IMO than coming from John Doe's mouth.

Fair enough reedus23. Given what we learned about continued ongoing searching for Holly since her disappearance, I am not quite ready to concede that LE hasnt been making progress.

In any case, I dont think we will learn much from the PI's other than some info about the 21 sex offenders they believe they identified from the Coon Hunt. Some how, I dont think our offender is on that list because how stupid would you have to be to put yourself on a list at a Coon hunt and then kidnap a nursing student.

I dont think this offender is stupid at all, fwiw.

I find nothing bothersome in that language. There is a difference between updating families on the results of an investigation (which they said they've been doing) and actually sharing what strategies/techniques they are going to use. I suspect no LE agency actually shares their strategies and techniques with anyone.

BBM:
Not LE here, but confident in saying this is very much true. Only variation I would make is by saying 'many' instead of 'no.'

Fair enough reedus23. Given what we learned about continued ongoing searching for Holly since her disappearance, I am not quite ready to concede that LE hasnt been making progress.

In any case, I dont think we will learn much from the PI's other than some info about the 21 sex offenders they believe they identified from the Coon Hunt. Some how, I dont think our offender is on that list because how stupid would you have to be to put yourself on a list at a Coon hunt and then kidnap a nursing student.

BBM: I don't either.

I don't disagree with you about progress by LE. They could be building case daily and we don't know it. My point really was that if that's not being communicated to the family clearly, I can understand how they would want to pull out all stops, at least after 2 years.

I also agree that I don't think this involves a random RSO at the coon hunt, though I could be wrong. And I think most of the local RSO's have been checked out every which way. I would be shocked if names are named in the show, but probably more theories and possibly more information. It will have to be seen how reliable that information is.

I also agree that the offender isn't stupid. He may not be book smart. He may not sound smart when you talk to him. But it seems that what most of these offenders are is extremely smart when it comes to self preservation. I think he's very calculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220