Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snip!

MSM reports of the issuance of an Amber Alert remain elusive, i.e., I can't find and don't think I have ever found one. (Doesn't mean they're not there; I can be myopic at times.) Some minor media venues report it but it may be a word of mouth, story gets changed with the telling type of thing.

Yeah.
Still in NCMEC, although the format has changed and you have to chase her down:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=1170175&orgPrefix=NCMA&searchLang=en_US
But no longer on FBI or TBI's missing/kidnapped databases.

Sure makes me wonder what is going on here. Either there is a LOT of very protected info out there, or communications b/t agencies is (saying this as politely as I possibly can) in need of major assistance.

Yeah.
Still in NCMEC, although the format has changed and you have to chase her down:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=1170175&orgPrefix=NCMA&searchLang=en_US
But no longer on FBI or TBI's missing/kidnapped databases.

Sure makes me wonder what is going on here. Either there is a LOT of very protected info out there, or communications b/t agencies is (saying this as politely as I possibly can) in need of major assistance.
At the time, I remember that, on here, there was scuttlebutt that the TN Amber Alert specs were somehow "different" than others. Not sure if they are and don't remember quite what that meant. It was that incident that made me hear 'Twilight Zone' music when thinking about the case.

I don't even know where I'm going with this thought, but more or less thinking out loud lol. I remember Clint saying that he tried to call Holly's cell phone when she was taken into the woods, but it went straight to voicemail. I wonder does he mean it didn't ring for him or it rang but she didn't answer and went to voicemail. Either way, I would think the perp would consider getting rid of the phone after that. (Unless they used it or something?)

If my remembering is incorrect, please correct.

I don't even know where I'm going with this thought, but more or less thinking out loud lol. I remember Clint saying that he tried to call Holly's cell phone when she was taken into the woods, but it went straight to voicemail. I wonder does he mean it didn't ring for him or it rang but she didn't answer and went to voicemail. Either way, I would think the perp would consider getting rid of the phone after that. (Unless they used it or something?)

RE: Either way, I would think the perp would consider getting rid of the phone after that. (Unless they used it or something?)

Imo, the perp intended to use her cell to taunt, or buy time by texting messages from her phone later, and pretending to be Holly..as was done in a similar abduction case of a TN nursing student by a perp fifteen months later..

For whatever it's worth, I believe Clint said it rang like 5 times before going to voicemail. I believe he said he tried calling Drew too (still thinking that is who she was with) and his phone did the same thing. I'll double check my notes and see if I can come up with where I got that, but off the top of my head, that's what Clint said at some point.

One of the criteria for an Amber alert includes a vehicle iirc. Ergo, I guess, maybe there was a vehicle involved at some point. The fact that there wasnt a public vehicle descriptor is very intriguing. So I wonder if that part of the BOLO was distributed in a different fashion? And if so, why? Jumping off of this, if this was deliberate I would then believe that LE did not want to tip off the kidnapper and they believed it was more important not to tip off the kidnapper than to issue a description of the vehicle. If there was a vehicle involved that had been partially identified.

So, did the kidnapper have a police scanner? Maybe?

eta:
AMBER Alert Criteria

TBI will issue an AMBER Alert when requested by a law enforcement agency when the following conditions are met:

1) Accurate information on at least one of the following:
1) Description of child
2) Description of suspect
3) Description of vehicle

2) Child must be 17 years of age or younger

3) A belief that the child is in imminent danger of bodily injury or death.

For whatever it's worth, I believe Clint said it rang like 5 times before going to voicemail. I believe he said he tried calling Drew too (still thinking that is who she was with) and his phone did the same thing. I'll double check my notes and see if I can come up with where I got that, but off the top of my head, that's what Clint said at some point.
You're right on both counts. Good luck finding a working link though. Online articles on this case - particularly TN-local ones - get taken down faster than those on any case I remember following. 2011-12 are largely gone. I bookmarked a Jackson Sun piece from their archives last week called "Final hours with Holly: family, friends, police reconstruct time before Holly Bobo's abduction." Today I can't access it.

http://wreg.com/2013/05/13/holly-bobos-family-calls-for-new-task-force/

Holly Bobo’s Family Calls for New Task Force
snipped BM
Posted on: 9:33 pm, May 13, 2013, by Natasha Chen, updated on: 03:26pm, May 14, 2013

UPDATE: Sen. Dolores Gresham (R – Somerville), who represents Decatur County, issued this statement Tuesday:
“The pain the Bobo family is going through is unimaginable. I certainly understand their frustration, particularly in light of what looks to be missed opportuntities by local police in Cleveland to solve the case of the three missing women there. I would want to make sure that every stone is uncovered too. At the same time, I have seen no evidence to believe the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, which is one of the finest law enforcement organizations of its type in the country, is not pursuing this case capably and to the utmost of their ability. Yes, more eyes on the case may be helpful, but we must be careful that there are not too many cooks in the kitchen so the very important investigative work is not hampered. That being said, I would tend to lean upon the expert advice offered by the TBI in whether or not a task force should be organized.”
Read More/Comments..

http://wreg.com/2013/05/13/holly-bobos-family-calls-for-new-task-force/

Holly Bobo’s Family Calls for New Task Force
snipped BM
Posted on: 9:33 pm, May 13, 2013, by Natasha Chen, updated on: 03:26pm, May 14, 2013

UPDATE: Sen. Dolores Gresham (R – Somerville), who represents Decatur County, issued this statement Tuesday:
“The pain the Bobo family is going through is unimaginable. I certainly understand their frustration, particularly in light of what looks to be missed opportuntities by local police in Cleveland to solve the case of the three missing women there. I would want to make sure that every stone is uncovered too. At the same time, I have seen no evidence to believe the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, which is one of the finest law enforcement organizations of its type in the country, is not pursuing this case capably and to the utmost of their ability. Yes, more eyes on the case may be helpful, but we must be careful that there are not too many cooks in the kitchen so the very important investigative work is not hampered. That being said, I would tend to lean upon the expert advice offered by the TBI in whether or not a task force should be organized.”
Read More/Comments..

I'll tell ya what is tough for me is I can see and appreciate both sides to all of this. While I think with the benefit of hindsight, it's easy to critique investigations, I do believe TBI and the other LE agencies have done their best to solve this case. At the same time, if it was my daughter missing and 2 years had passed, I think I would have given up on LE and started pushing the investigation myself assuming I had the means to do so.

I'll tell ya what is tough for me is I can see and appreciate both sides to all of this. While I think with the benefit of hindsight, it's easy to critique investigations, I do believe TBI and the other LE agencies have done their best to solve this case. At the same time, if it was my daughter missing and 2 years had passed, I think I would have given up on LE and started pushing the investigation myself assuming I had the means to do so.

I would exhaust ALL avenues, no matter how ridiculous they may seem to outsiders.

I truly hope that area around the cemetery has been scoured by searchers/LE. There is no way in the world I believe the perp circled back around right back to where LE was with Holly in the car. Either there is more than one person involved or the perp left Holly at/near the cemetery, though he/she may have moved her again at a later time. That is all assuming those pings and the report of the stop is accurate.

I would exhaust ALL avenues, no matter how ridiculous they may seem to outsiders.

It's my understanding that the Bobo's have and continue to do this.

Unfortunately, as we see in so many missing persons cases- well, missing persons just don't come with an info manual for each specific situation- which are by nature all 100% unique. Beliefs, communities, LE, lifestyles, freedoms, individuals- everything we take for granted until lightening strikes and a loved one is missing. It's then (speaking from a SAR perspective) that you'll find yourself dealing with mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters, extended family and friends who can't even remember how to spell their own name- much less remember what they ate that day, where they drove, what they heard or saw- and most importantly- what to do next.

When you have 100 different experts telling you 100 different steps to take, and your heart is already broken by the loss you're experiencing...nothing makes sense. No one does it all right all the time. Not LE, not SAR, not families/friends- no one.

My heart breaks for the Bobo's. They are doing the best they can- and just as we here on WS's so often feel 'helpless' because we are far away, or limited in information or access to information, or have conflicting media reports or LE reports or evidence- so do all of these families missing a loved one. Talk about helpless.

I cannot imagine a worse situation to be in. :(

My prayers go out to the the Bobo's tonight.
For the Bobo family: Keep hope, keep faith. The universe loves you and cares for you and for your pain, even in the darkest of times. Your community cares. Strangers care. We care about bringing Holly home. Please keep that in your heart tonight- you are never alone.

It's my understanding that the Bobo's have and continue to do this.

Unfortunately, as we see in so many missing persons cases- well, missing persons just don't come with an info manual for each specific situation- which are by nature all 100% unique. Beliefs, communities, LE, lifestyles, freedoms, individuals- everything we take for granted until lightening strikes and a loved one is missing. It's then (speaking from a SAR perspective) that you'll find yourself dealing with mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters, extended family and friends who can't even remember how to spell their own name- much less remember what they ate that day, where they drove, what they heard or saw- and most importantly- what to do next.

When you have 100 different experts telling you 100 different steps to take, and your heart is already broken by the loss you're experiencing...nothing makes sense. No one does it all right all the time. Not LE, not SAR, not families/friends- no one.

My heart breaks for the Bobo's. They are doing the best they can- and just as we here on WS's so often feel 'helpless' because we are far away, or limited in information or access to information, or have conflicting media reports or LE reports or evidence- so do all of these families missing a loved one. Talk about helpless.

I cannot imagine a worse situation to be in. :(

My prayers go out to the the Bobo's tonight.
For the Bobo family: Keep hope, keep faith. The universe loves you and cares for you and for your pain, even in the darkest of times. Your community cares. Strangers care. We care about bringing Holly home. Please keep that in your heart tonight- you are never alone.

Thank you! What a heart warming post. You are headed toward sainthood.
So well spoken to all families of the missing. (((hugs)))

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Pe...-Wants-Task-Force-Established--207807791.html

DECATUR COUNTY, Tenn.- The search for missing nursing student Holly Bobo continues with a fight for change with a petition to Governor Haslam and the Tennessee State Legislature to re-focus its efforts and resources to find all of the missing persons in Tennessee.

"You know after 2 years we still don't have Holly and we don't have any answers," said family friend, Terrie Bromley. " We feel law enforcement is probably overloaded with cases just like Holly's and we are just trying to help in anyway that we can."

The Bobo family started the online petition that now has more than 6,000 signatures. It is currently the fastest growing petition in the state of Tennessee.

Now that, imo, is a far more productive approach than an adversarial one. The goal is the same-resources to obtain results. I like it and I applaud them fwiw.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/TB...-Bobo-Case-False-207905111.html?m=y&smobile=y
Snipped-read more

TBI Alleges "New" Information in Bobo Case False
Story Updated: May 17, 2013

Holly Bobo

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said that they have determined the non-profit organization “Without Warning” did not investigate the case of missing Tennessee woman, Holly Bobo, to law enforcement standards as reported by Nashville television station WSMV which aired several stories during newscasts this month as well as a special documentary which aired May 12, 2013.

According to a news release, each member of the private investigative team admitted to TBI Special Agents, that they regurgitated information they had heard and read in order to talk about the case on television.

Officials went on to state that “the founder of ‘Without Warning,’ Sheila Wysocki, wrote in an email to a TBI Special Agent, ‘You all have to realize that we have been able to make any story surrounding this case a ratings winner and online success which was the goal. In return, someone may come forward to be the hero and give you all the right information to resolve this case.’

Each member of the team allegedly stated the information provided to them came from the victim’s family.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/TB...-Bobo-Case-False-207905111.html?m=y&smobile=y
Snipped-read more

TBI Alleges "New" Information in Bobo Case False
Story Updated: May 17, 2013

Holly Bobo

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said that they have determined the non-profit organization “Without Warning” did not investigate the case of missing Tennessee woman, Holly Bobo, to law enforcement standards as reported by Nashville television station WSMV which aired several stories during newscasts this month as well as a special documentary which aired May 12, 2013.

According to a news release, each member of the private investigative team admitted to TBI Special Agents, that they regurgitated information they had heard and read in order to talk about the case on television.

Officials went on to state that “the founder of ‘Without Warning,’ Sheila Wysocki, wrote in an email to a TBI Special Agent, ‘You all have to realize that we have been able to make any story surrounding this case a ratings winner and online success which was the goal. In return, someone may come forward to be the hero and give you all the right information to resolve this case.’

Each member of the team allegedly stated the information provided to them came from the victim’s family.

Ouch. No kidding. I think we pegged that very early on. Well if the stir brings a tip to the door that is turned over to LE in a timely and professional and IMMEDIATE fashion, the showmanship will have been worth it.

If I were Ms Wysocki, however, I would be a little shamefaced. This doesnt bode well for her future if she hopes to be taken seriously by other jurisdictions.

Personally, I think WSMV has some soul searching to do as well. They blatantly misled their viewership imo. They could have done the story straight. jmvho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot