Hope Sykes arrested 1/20/2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
15 years? Wowza!

I haven't the experience to know if this is harsh or normal. Nor do I know what possibility for parole would be. Anyone?

Hope is a Cummings. But is this a message to the Cummings family, or just a message to all involved in the bust?

Not that a judge for one trial can necessarily give a message to future juries for another, but ... certainly Hope's circumstances are the same as those involved in her particular drug bust.

Weren't both Ronald and Misty in the car for Hope's crime-on-tape?... And didn't Hope have less "leadership" than the others? (I can't say 4 sure (I'm at werk, little time to sneak a peek here...) - were these pills that Hope got from her source, rather than Misty getting them?)

*shudder* She's just a young girl. Such a waste of a life.

I think Hope was along for that ride because she had the connection they were using to get the pills on that sell.

15 years? Wowza!

I haven't the experience to know if this is harsh or normal. Nor do I know what possibility for parole would be. Anyone?

Hope is a Cummings. But is this a message to the Cummings family, or just a message to all involved in the bust?

Not that a judge for one trial can necessarily give a message to future juries for another, but ... certainly Hope's circumstances are the same as those involved in her particular drug bust.

Weren't both Ronald and Misty in the car for Hope's crime-on-tape?... And didn't Hope have less "leadership" than the others? (I can't say 4 sure (I'm at werk, little time to sneak a peek here...) - were these pills that Hope got from her source, rather than Misty getting them?)

Florida's not like some states that add a lot of "fluff" to the sentences anticipating early release by parole. You're gonna do the majority of the time you're sentenced by the court.

Well if Hope's family has heard anything about Haleigh they will be talking now.

I hope Hope is the first domino falling.
I hope Ronald and co. are shaking in their jail issued shoes.
I hope Haleigh is found. SOON.

I bet it's the last time he offers to take anyone's sentence.

Well maybe the judge will listen to that tape again and I am sure they had a tape in the transport van and give him an extra 15 years for the heck of it.

I have to say, they didn't mess around! WOWZA! I had some reservations that they would actually get these long term sentences and boy, was I wrong!

If this doesn't shake everyone's tree, nothing will!

Quess Hope shouldn't have told her Mum if they think I 'm bad now, wait till I get out. Ouch, not a good thing to shoot one's self in the foot while behind bars waiting for a judge to figure up your time.

Some serious thinking going on now about phone calls ("They are mssing up my life, our lives")

:clap: Finally someone does something right in this case! Take note Misty...you're next!

My very Humble Thoughts,

She will be kept in the county till they make room for her in prison sometime up to a year; she will more than likely be going to Lowell Correctional Institution. She will have to work there to start paying on her fine; she will probably not receive any good time with a mouth and attitude like that. She may do 13 years total and then be on parole for at least 5 years.

It is not just this case; Florida does not mess with drug dealers or traffickers anymore.

I just pray she gets an attitude adjustment; Lowell has many fine programs there that she can better herself if she puts her mind to it.

I worked there, not lived there, LOL

15 years? Wowza!

She had priors and no remorse, but it still seems like a stiff sentence considering she did plea and skip trial. I *almost* feel bad for her. She is 18, probably from parents no better equipped to deal with life than Misty's and she will be in her 30's before she gets out. Wow wow wow.

I believe Florida is an 85% of your time minimum state. She will get credit for time served, and if she is a perfect prisoner she can earn up to but not exceeding 15% of the sentence as early release.

whats up with the "order merchandise thingy under the pictures....like is someone is going to order a mug with one of those pictures on it? For real?

Thanks for the photos! I noticed below you can get 8 x 10 glossies if'n you want... tee hee... I'm holding out for the justice for HaLeigh and may print myself an 8 x 10 glossy of them myself....

I get so confused with all this court jumbo mumbo.....what does it all mean? She entered a plea....court accepted her plea and now what? She will go to trial?.....She will just get sentenced? I am confused.

A plea of "No contest" means she is not fighting the charges, therefore, no trial was necessary. Fifteen years is her sentence. In my opinion, that's what all criminals should do, except I think they should be honest and say, "guilty".

I'm hoping Hope's sentencing makes the others realize they're in trouble. Although, I suppose it's better to be in prison for drugs than it is to be there for taking part in a child's murder/coverup.

15 years is the minimum mandatory sentence.

This definitely didn't help anything with her...

Sykes had been out of jail less than two weeks on a possession charge when she was arrested in the trafficking case, which Circuit Judge Terry LaRue said disqualified her for youthful offender consideration that would have meant a much shorter sentence.

And Misty was worried about the judge in St. John's County.

I think that they all better be worried because this case has pulled national attention and the courts know that the higher ups are going to be watching how they handle things.

LE knows exactly who was in the car at what point in time.

I suppose the "not guilty" plea wasn't working for her today. Was this a jury trial do we know?

Who determines the sentence?

No jury. It was sentencing. The "testimonies" were only to obtain a lighter sentence. Obviously, her own words bit her. Not to have "secretly taped jailhouse videos", isn't it, Hope?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rg143
Back