Hope Sykes arrested 1/20/2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would guess that it is their internal shorthand for the position, like right side middle of her back, but I can't find anything to support that theory at the moment and I can't make pelvic-rt work either

That was my thought too; right side middle back. The Pelvic RT, could be right side of pelvic area.

Can you take a screen shot of where it say YO within Hope's details as I am just not seeing it. Thanks.

The Lowell facility from what I can find has multiple housing sections including one for adult prisoners under the age of 24. Not a reflection of how she was sentenced, just a breaking out of the prisoners into groups.

This is the same facility Casey Anthony will go to if she is sentenced to death. All female death row convicts are held at Lowell, but in another housing unit.

There is another housing section for inmates over 24 (inmates under 24 are easy and frequent victims of older and more seasoned prisoners so many states are using this type of model, especially to reduce prison rape and sexual assaults).

It does say that the youthful offenders bootcamp is also on the same property, but as we know the judge did not sentence her to the bootcamp program.

Some posts were removed that were digs at RC and had no reason to be on this thread. Let's refrain from doing that please. It is very distracting to our members to see these one-liner digs at RC on threads that have nothing to do with him. The complaints from our members about this is increasing and I'd rather not have to add another "rule". We have enough already! Thanks!

I remember seeing a show years ago where juviniles were taken through a prison, spoken to by those incarcerated - to show them what it is really like behind bars. Even if they know someone who had done time, I doubt that person told them just how scared they really were. Do you think this might have been a deterent to Hope the first time she got in trouble? Or her parents if they had to see the same thing? Her talk was really big and bad with her mother but I bet she is plenty scared now. Just now learning what not having the freedom and rights you had before has to be terrifying. Too bad we can't figure how to get through to them before this happens.

Some posts were removed that were digs at RC and had no reason to be on this thread. Let's refrain from doing that please. It is very distracting to our members to see these one-liner digs at RC on threads that have nothing to do with him. The complaints from our members about this is increasing and I'd rather not have to add another "rule". We have enough already! Thanks!

Mine was half in jest and half in truthful wondering. We do know that Ron took Hope and Misty to get tatts and Misty's said Ron. I have always wondered what Hope's said.

Mine was half in jest and half in truthful wondering. We do know that Ron took Hope and Misty to get tatts and Misty's said Ron. I have always wondered what Hope's said.

Thanks for clarifying! It helps me and it helps our other members who just see post after post making digs at RC. :)

"What's mine say?" DUDE!

"What's mine say" SWEET!

"No, what's mine say?" DUDE!

"No, what's mine say?" SWEET!

Sorry, couldn't help it - your post just brought that scene from "Where's my car" front and center and I can't help but laugh when I think of that scene.

I know, I know Kimmie - OT - I'm sorry - don't get your ray gun. Just wanted to give everyone a little laugh this AM.

New era, new media, new records shred privacy in sensational criminal cases

Public records begin to distort opinion, right to a fair trial
Posted: May 9, 2010 By Dana Treen
"Snip" http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2...criminal-cases

Last month on drug-trafficking charges, Hope Sykes was heard in a recorded declaration saying prosecutors "can kiss my - - -" over a possible six-year sentence as a youthful offender.

The judge who instead sent Sykes to prison for 15 years never mentioned the comment, but the intent of the prosecutors who played the recording was clear.

"Thought it was ammunition against her remorse the chief assistant public defender in Putnam County, said of the prosecution.

Using defendants' words against them is not a new tactic in courtrooms. Increasingly, however, jailhouse phone calls, images from inmate visits with family and recordings in police operations are aired in public where they can steer opinion.

Sykes' arrest pulled her into the high-profile investigation of Haleigh Cummings.

The arrest with Cummings and others in the trafficking case swept Sykes up in a saga that has inundated the public with images and recordings as interest in the cases escalated.

Negative pretrial publicity has been shown to have an impact on jury perceptions in trials, said Levett, an assistant psychology of law professor at the University of Florida.

"It has a potential to have an impact on jurors' decisions," she said.

More at the article link above:

Wonders who Jessie is who's on her lower stomach :waitasec:

Given the positon of the tatto (Warning: I"m going to be sassy and flip but not at you DD! :)) I would wager that Jessie's name was put in that area because Jessie was someone that saw that area of her body on a regular basis at one point in time or another? hehe I rarely get sassy on here :D

For those of you wondering why Hope didn't want the boot camp deal...if it's anything like the one in my town, I don't blame her. just a legalized abuse of children. I haven't seen them in town in awhile, but let me tell you...it made me sick. It was run by a screaming maniac, who afte moving to another town's facility, got arrested for raping the teenaged girls. He had left this town with rave reviews. They worked the kids at town festivals, rodeos, parades, etc..., but the way those kids were treated was nauseating. I once bought a little boy, no older than 6, a bottle of water, but he wasn't allowed to drink it. I knew from the look on that man's face, he was gonna later beat that child. The little boy was crying, could barely walk, was sweating, & begging for water. It was at least 100 degrees & they wore sweat suits & carried backpacks that weighted them to the ground. Part of their before daylight ritual, included a march by my house. That man's screaming voice was enough to pull me out of a deep sleep. The 1st time I heard it, I thought my neighborhood was being invaded by terrorists. I kid you not. That man was truly insane-& loved his power, & got off on abusing those kids. A local man started a drive to get rid of him, & I was set to testify, but he left on his own. Those kids were 99% black, & the kids with money were never put in there. Any legal gaurdian could sign their kid up. It took complaints from out of towners, to finally get him gone. couldn't have the tourists not spending their money. I don't know what that program is up to now, because they keep the kids 'hidden'. I hope that man, (he went by Captain), is in prison, getting what he deserves.

Given the positon of the tatto (Warning: I"m going to be sassy and flip but not at you DD! :)) I would wager that Jessie's name was put in that area because Jessie was someone that saw that area of her body on a regular basis at one point in time or another? hehe I rarely get sassy on here :D

lol it looks good on ya ;)

Well, the fear of going to prison has certainly been a deterent for me! I am aware of what goes on inside those walls. Sure, each of us could work less and make more money if we made the choices of Hope and the others. But we all know the consequences of such actions ... and so did Hope.
While I appreciate the posts here and learning of one another's opinions as to her sentence, I am glad that justice has been served. It's about damn time! She is a hard core woman that "needs" an attitude adjustment (JMO)
You know the old saying, "You made your bed - now lay in it."

I wonder how Hope likes her new Home, I'm only a mile and 1/2 from there and it is already hot and sticky in this part of Florida.

I wonder if they have air conditioning where she is incarcerated. What's the temperature there, it's cold and rainy up North.

I wonder if they have air conditioning where she is incarcerated. What's the temperature there, it's cold and rainy up North.

It would be hot and sticky in Florida. I don't think the prisons are airconditioned in Florida. at least that was the information found on the Casey Anthony thread many moons ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo
Back