Hope Sykes arrested 1/20/2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But Misty hasn't ever been arrested before - or has she? Her juvenile records would be sealed....:waitasec:

Or would juvenile records come into play? Are they not counted when arrested as an adult? I have no idea about the law on these things.

FWIW, I don't believe Juvie charges can be brought into this, Kimster. I am pretty sure.

Well, I do remember that he had charges for possessing equipment for selling.....

Maybe he squealed on someone bigger, and his mommy begged for mercy for her baby boy who was raising his young children alone and had another son to support with medical issues and the daughter has medical issues and so on. Whatever the reason, this time he's in trouble, especially with all of us watching.

Thankfully, Hope's plea of "no contest" allowed us to see how serious they are and allowed RC to get a hint of what's in store for him, as co-ringleader with his ex-wife.

Yes, Kimster. Just saw your reminder after I posted.

Every plea deal is executed like this
Her lawyer would have had her read the paper out load to her lawyer then initial next to every line and then sign the statement saying she signs it at her free will and completely understands it.
If she did not understand it she could have asked for clarifications.

I wonder if she used the same "I know everything and how this is going to go" attitude with her lawyer that she used with her mother, she just didn't listen.

I think without talking Ron and Misty could get what amounted to life sentences for their charges.

IMO, I think Misty and Ron are going to have much longer sentences since they both had more charges against them.

Tommy may get the same as Hope....IMO

Hopefully this will be an eye opener for Misty and she will start flappin' those lips!!

I totally agree except I'm not so sure about Misty. I think it's possible that she will get a lighter sentence. Just my opinion.

I wonder if she used the same "I know everything and how this is going to go" attitude with her lawyer that she used with her mother, she just didn't listen.

Possibly, quite possibly. She probably thought she was smarter than they. Attitude, ya' know.

This sentence is a toughie. After watching the uc video again and listening to her phone call to Mom again, I think Hope got some bad legal advice pleading no contest.

I wonder if she can appeal? From the video I can't really tell if Misty handed her the pills or if Hope had them. Either way considering the other two in the car at the time, her role was far less than theirs. She wasn't making phone calls to set up the deal Misty was, she wasn't bragging there were Roxies for sale around the corner, Ron was. She didn't say a peep. Perhaps there is video from the backseat that shows her with the pills, but according to Hope she didn't 'have no damn pills'

In her jail call to Mom she seems seriously confused, esepcially when she said I didn't plead no contest my lawyer did.

Well duh! If you aren't even understanding that the lawyer is speaking for you in court well....then that is a problem.

Don't get me wrong I think this is great news to get the ball rolling and Haleigh found once and for all, but seems to me she should have pleaded not guilty and said she was just along for the ride and blamed the other two for the deal.

I wonder if she can use that jailhouse call to show she was not represented properly and misunderstood the sentencing for pleading no contest, if she is claiming she had no pills in her hand, then there IS a contest to the facts the prosecution has presented, and it is in her favour. She could appeal on the grounds of insufficient or ineffective counsel??

I can't remember seeing if anyone here has looked up trafficking laws for Florida online?

Example, there is a statute in Oregon for minimum sentencing for sex offenders. NO MATTER WHAT, you get a minimum amount of time, IIRC it is 25 years.

So, is that what this trafficking law in Florida is like?

But Misty hasn't ever been arrested before - or has she? Her juvenile records would be sealed....:waitasec:

Or would juvenile records come into play? Are they not counted when arrested as an adult? I have no idea about the law on these things.

I have no idea about the law either. IIRC, she has several trafficking charges against her and they may throw the book at her in order to get her to tell what she knows regarding HaLeigh.

IMO, she really needs to see the pics of Hope so she can see the reality of what she's facing.

I think without talking Ron and Misty could get what amounted to life sentences for their charges.
Well according to TN Ron was led astray by Misty so he might qualify for the youthful offender program as he was pressured into drug dealing by Misty. I would love to hear Nancy spin this.

IMO, I think Misty and Ron are going to have much longer sentences since they both had more charges against them.

Tommy may get the same as Hope....IMO

Hopefully this will be an eye opener for Misty and she will start flappin' those lips!!

If the judge did overrule a plea agreement in Hope's case it may only strengthen their resolve to go to a full blown trial and not plea to anything knowing the judge could easily reject it before sentencing.

If this was done because of Hope's actions on that phone call to mom, just imagine what he could review in that respect when it comes to Misty!

If any of them do come forward with info on Haleigh, somewhere along the line they will have to offer reduced charges on the drugs or this might scare the lot of them into more silence after finding out what happened today to their cohort.

I bet visits/phone calls from everyone now will be a lot more restrained.

Anyone know who the next one in the group is due for court? The sentencing in that case will go a long way towards telling how this whole druggie gang is going to be dealt with. If the next one in line is given a stiff sentence then the rest of them better start packing for the big house....for a looooong stay.

I think they'll be playing Misty's drug bust videos in court. She appears to at least be co-ringleader, and sometimes, she's the one giving orders. No one will like that.

Also, depends on which county she's tried in first. If St. Johns goes first with two counts, by the time she gets to Putnam with six, plus two convictions from St Johns, not good Misty.

bbm--this is where I get confused. Tommy also violated the terms of his bond for gun theft, so aside from being held on no bond, does he incur any further penalty?

IMO, he should definitely incur futher penalties. Violating bond is a serious offense and he should be punished for it.

If the judge did overrule a plea agreement in Hope's case it may only strengthen their resolve to go to a full blown trial and not plea to anything knowing the judge could easily reject it before sentencing.

If this was done because of Hope's actions on that phone call to mom, just imagine what he could review in that respect when it comes to Misty!

If any of them do come forward with info on Haleigh, somewhere along the line they will have to offer reduced charges on the drugs or this might scare the lot of them into more silence after finding out what happened today to their cohort.

I bet visits/phone calls from everyone now will be a lot more restrained.

Anyone know who the next one in the group is due for court? The sentencing in that case will go a long way towards telling how this whole druggie gang is going to be dealt with. If the next one in line is given a stiff sentence then the rest of them better start packing for the big house....for a looooong stay.

I think Ron has the next court date and then Mistys is a month later.

Well according to TN Ron was led astray by Misty so he might qualify for the youthful offender program as he was pressured into drug dealing by Misty. I would love to hear Nancy spin this.

I just threw up in my mouth....back to your regularly scheduled programming. Ron was the adult in the relationship and Misty was a child when it began...wonder how Mizz Nance and her cell phone # would spin that?

I totally agree except I'm not so sure about Misty. I think it's possible that she will get a lighter sentence. Just my opinion.
I think LE and the SA office is so fed up with Misty that they will fight to get her the maximum sentence for her charges.

I think Ron has the next court date and then Mistys is a month later.

Hmmm...maybe this month between hearings will be interesting. If they throw the book at Ron and Misty does know anything this might be the time she starts sweating it out even moreso and starts telling.

For some reason though, I have a feeling that if anyone cracks it is going to be ToC.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scooterlou
Back