HOW does the State Prove it was not George?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am curious- I know lots think GA is hinky (including me) but is there anyone on WS who sincerely believes the entire DT version of events, regarding GA and RK participation ?
Did JB convince anyone that his scenario is the truth?

If I knew how I should have set a poll....

In criminal cases, this burden of proof requires that the prosecution demonstrate the defendant’s guilt for each element of the crime beyond a reasonable doubt. Beyond a reasonable doubt is considered synonymous to “a moral certainty.” Through fair and thorough consideration of the admissible facts in a case, the judge or jury must be convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant is guilty of each element of the crime in order to convict the defendant.
http://www.criminal-law-lawyer-source.com/terms/burden-proof.html

Admissible facts in the case....didn't know GA was one of the facts of this case...this is the wild imagination of ICA and her untruthfulness to take resposibility for her own actions...it's always someone elses fault...JMHO

moral certainty

n. in a criminal trial, the reasonable belief (but falling short of absolute certainty) of the trier of the fact (jury or judge sitting without a jury) that the evidence shows the defendant is guilty. Moral certainty is another way of saying "beyond a reasonable doubt." Since there is no exact measure of certainty it is always somewhat subjective and based on "reasonable" opinions of judge and/or jury.
http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1281

Justice for Caylee

They are using GA as the scapegoat. I am just not sure he is completely against it. He doesn't seem to have much fire in his belly concerning their accusations. It may be because he is resigned to letting them do whatever they want to do to save ICA. He will not go so far to admit to any such thing but will he go just far enough to make the jury think about it?

Granted, he says he did not do the crime but is he being so mellow (out of character)becasue he wants the jury to have a reason to save ICA from Death? I just don't know about this family. I know they will do almost anything to save ICA, at least they proved that to me for the past three years.

It is normal to have doubts. Is the doubt reasonable given the facts presented? The answer is no. It is not reasonable to assume that SODDI idea at this stage of the case. Nothing has been introduced by either side to come to that conclusion.

BBM "at this stage of the case." says a lot. The simple fact that so much was left out of the SA's case tells me they honed in on ICA - with very good reason - early on, and so did I. However, we who have followed this case know a lot more stuff, stuff that would surely, in my opinion, muddy the waters if it had been presented. I can almost hope the DT will do so. I want truth, and justice, not just someone convicted. I don't see, from the way the SA conducted their part of this trial, that happening, too much was left out.

This is not an easy case, there is so much craziness on all fronts. I tried to explain this case to someone the other day and it was hard because of the lies and the wierd, unbelievable stuff that went on. Guess that's part of why I still have doubts, too many whackos in this case, and in my opinion, each had a part, small or large, to bring about this child's death. Given that, I see Caylee as one small sacrifice, but I see ICA as another one - if she's guilty, is she guilty alone? I really don't know.

Pardon my rambling, it's time for another coffee.

My opinion only

I am curious- I know lots think GA is hinky (including me) but is there anyone on WS who sincerely believes the entire DT version of events, regarding GA and RK participation ?
Did JB convince anyone that his scenario is the truth?

If I knew how I should have set a poll....

I don't believe one word..

If you tell me what questions you want in the poll, I'd be happy to set one up for you, Zsa Zsa...it is relatively easy....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I think that CA needs to testify emphatically that KC never told her or indicated to her that GA had acted inappropriately.

I think the jail house videos (and there are more than one) of GA urging KC to speak with someone from the FBI and/or any other LE authority need to be replayed. Why would a pedophile try to get his vic to talk to police?

The totally careless aspects of this case, ie the decomp in the car and location of the remains, completely destroys the notion that GA is responsible. If anything, the man is meticulous. If GA had control of those remains, Caylee would have been buried deeply, far from Hopespring.

The duct tape on the skull discounts drowning and staging a kidnapping, imo. Duct tape wouldn't stick to wet hair.

I do worry about KC's acting talent if she testifies. She has a knack for putting on the sorry little victim voice and mannerisms. Her voice can be deceptively soft and childlike when she's conning someone. Watch the video of her conviction where she apologizes to Amy.

This woman is so clearly a psychopath that it would be a complete travesty of justice if she walks. And honestly, who wants her? Does CA have any illusion that she and KC can ever live together again? Who wants to live with a pariah?

Is it reasonable for one to assume that because we know there were other people living, visiting, repairing, vacationing, washing anything in that household and having access to the items named, killed Caylee giving the facts presented in this case?

The facts presented thus far don't leave any wiggle room to doubt ICA as the one responsible for her daughter's demise.

Yes, that's true. BUT the judge is not going to ask which juror has this doubt, or even what that doubt consists of. If there is only ONE juror who holds out and has refused to change their mind... that's all it will take.
IIRC, while in deliberation, they cannot even force any juror to admit what their vote was. They can usually tell during their deliberation which ones are leaning the other way, but no one has to identify themselves as being the holdout or saying which way they voted. So it all comes down to this: All Baez has to do is convince ONE juror that there is a doubt, or that George is lying and that's it. To us, that may not be reasonable, but nobody is going to know the degree of their doubt... only that they can't find her guilty.
I've listened to a lot of TH's the past few days, and I've heard a few lawyers who are not convinced that the state has proved their case. So if a lawyer is not convinced, that tells me that there may be a few jurors who could have doubts as well. Remember, these jurors supposedly didn't follow the case like most of us have and there is a lot they haven't seen or heard.

I think that CA needs to testify emphatically that KC never told her or indicated to her that GA had acted inappropriately.

I think the jail house videos (and there are more than one) of GA urging KC to speak with someone from the FBI and/or any other LE authority need to be replayed. Why would a pedophile try to get his vic to talk to police?

The totally careless aspects of this case, ie the decomp in the car and location of the remains, completely destroys the notion that GA is responsible. If anything, the man is meticulous. If GA had control of those remains, Caylee would have been buried deeply, far from Hopespring.

The duct tape on the skull discounts drowning and staging a kidnapping, imo. Duct tape wouldn't stick to wet hair.

I do worry about KC's acting talent if she testifies. She has a knack for putting on the sorry little victim voice and mannerisms. Her voice can be deceptively soft and childlike when she's conning someone. Watch the video of her conviction where she apologizes to Amy.

This woman is so clearly a psychopath that it would be a complete travesty of justice if she walks. And honestly, who wants her? Does CA have any illusion that she and KC can ever live together again? Who wants to live with a pariah?

According to her letters to ICA she thinks they can be BFF's just like before! :crazy:

I don't believe one word..

If you tell me what questions you want in the poll, I'd be happy to set one up for you, Zsa Zsa...it is relatively easy....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Thankyou. Just the one question. Do you sincerely believe JB's version of what happened. Did he convince anyone that is the TRUTH ?

The state is not required to prove another person didn't do it, only that the person charged did do it.

Do I know for certain there will be a Guilty verdict? Nope, I know no such thing. Juries do weird stuff sometimes. I am confident the prosecution has proven their case, and that's all I can expect them to do. It appears to me that the state has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that KC did this deed. I hope and pray that it appears the same to the jury. If not, I'll wait as long as necessary for Karma to sock it to KC.

I don't remember if it was Tim who told us about GA blowing his top at KC after she was released on bail, or if it was GA's friend who'd come to help. If GA was complicit he wouldn't have risked angering KC, IMO.

The story Baez told...in his opening statement...has some real problems. The first being...that although he has isolated Casey from her parents for a very long time, and although she has known for years that she faces the Death Penalty...these accusations against George were only revealed...yes, Folks...in his opening statement!!

Huh?

Furthermore through Tony’s account and Casey’s own jailhouse letters, we can see a proven Liar fine-tuning her craft. “I think he...hit me. No, I think MAYBE he....touched me...NO WAIT...he raped me...since I was...UMMMM..eight years old!

She was so traumatized but...she doesn’t really KNOW?

The Prosecution can remind the Jury of the tutelage in the Art of Lying that we all received through Cindy’s recitations of Casey’s ever-morphing excuses during the 31 days. The truth is not an option with Casey. Caught in a lie that she has Caylee with her...she tells Cindy she is up in Jacksonville trying to rekindle love with her non-existent Trust Fund Beau. Seen by George in the Anthony home...she tells Cindy that she has morphed into Clara Barton, caring for a sick Zanny up in Jacksonville. The Prosecution only needs to remind the jury what a determined and resourceful Liar Casey is. Oops, the Zanny story is collapsing...what now? What now? All those partying pictures are a problem. Hmmm...How to explain all the great sexy times I had? Hmmm... Oh wait...Dad molested me! That’s it! I’ll go with that!

The model for Casey’s morphing Lies is already in evidence.

Another problem with the Baez story is that if he tries to paint Caylee as another victim of George’s pedophilia...then Casey KNEW her child was being abused and allowed it. Here's why:

In his opening statement, Baez does not say Casey caught George abusing Caylee. No, he says that George found a dead Caylee in the pool. So if Casey wants to testify to George abusing Caylee...the abuse had to be something she knew of BEFORE...and rather than get a job...Casey aided and abetted the abuse...even leaving Caylee with the Abuser so she could party. So if Casey tries THAT LIE...essentially she was a CO-ABUSER.

She had no job...so she NEVER had a reason of any kind...not one single pathetic weasel excuse..to leave her Baby with a Abuser so she could party. And if she testifies to Caylee being abused by George...by Baez own theory...SHE KNEW before the drowning!

Furthermore, if she insists on this “Dad Did It’ Hoax...her jailhouse letters of sweet empathy and compassion to her jailhouse friend should be brought in. For three years , Miss Compassion would have participated in this scam with George and tortured her own Mother...and everyone that loved Caylee. Where is the compassion she shows to her Jail-house Buddy “problems”...for all the people searching for her Baby...or her own Family? Sometimes she feels things and sometimes she doesn’t? Let her explain her reasoning for leaving her Baby ONE SINGLE TIME..with her alleged Abuser when her life included NO JOB..NO RESPONSIBILITIES..just one lazy lie after the other!

She will be decimated by her own trap if Baez goes down that road. The Jury will have one of two choices. Disbelieve her...and see her for the soul-less, vindictive Liar she is. Or believe her...and see her as such a lazy self-involved cruel excuse for a Mother...that she willingly provided her Molester Father with her own daughter as his next victim...while she partied.

:clap: :clap: :clap: ~Standing ovation~

I just read these tweets on Wesh TV. Does anyone know who Vasco Dagama Thompson is?

Ch.9 reports George Anthony contacted Vasco Dagama Thompson the day before Cindy called about Caylee missing. #CaseyAnthonyby oscaseyanthony via twitter 6/15/2011 4:15:23 PM at 12:15 PM

Court records show Vasco Dagama Thompson was convicted of kidnapping on March 1988. #CaseyAnthonyby oscaseyanthony via twitter 6/15/2011 4:15:13 PM at 12:15 PM

Reports show convicted felon Vasco Dagama Thompson added to #CaseyAnthony defense witness list.by oscaseyanthony via twitter 6/15/2011 4:13:21 PM at 12:13 PM
===============================================

WTH is this all about???????????????? Anyone know?

OK sidebar thread closed so don't know where to post this. Just WTH is going on here?

OSCaseyAnthony Casey Anthony News
Reports show convicted felon Vasco Dagama Thompson added to #CaseyAnthony defense witness list

Says GA contacted this guy the DAY BEFORE Cindy called about Caylee being missing.

OK sidebar thread closed so don't know where to post this. Just WTH is going on here?

OSCaseyAnthony Casey Anthony News
Reports show convicted felon Vasco Dagama Thompson added to #CaseyAnthony defense witness list

Says GA contacted this guy the DAY BEFORE Cindy called about Caylee being missing.

Convicted kidnapper who is serving time. I read that there was a wrong number contacted. I'd like to see what number came before or after this one.

why did Vasco call GA?? What does he say his reason was?? Just because he called GA doesn't mean GA had anything to do with anything. How will that help the defense that some convicted nut was calling him?

why did Vasco call GA?? What does he say his reason was?? Just because he called GA doesn't mean GA had anything to do with anything. How will that help the defense that some convicted nut was calling him?

Dunno. What I do know i the DT is going to try to pin this all on GA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24
Back