How far would you go to protect a kidnapper?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
First of all, I would have called the LE and the FBI immediately.

Going with the tale about them taking her in the park - NO ONE would have taken my child if I was still alive. They would have had to kill me. The story about they put her in the car and drove off does not work for me. I would have been in my car knocking that car in a ditch and getting my child.

I would never take a chance on "finding" a child myself. The FBI has a special unit which does an outstanding job on those and her excuse she didn't trust LE does not wash with me at all.

It is all a lie and she is protecting no one but herself. She makes up stories as she goes and was DOWNRIGHT STUPID to try to pull the nanny one with NO PHONE CALLS on her phone between them in over two years.

Your thoughts are my thoughts

It's like I tell my husband if something has happened to our children, I'm dead already.

I don't know why Casey didn't say Child Protective Services took Caylee and lost her. That would be a believable story. Especially if she and Caylee were living out of Casey's car after June 15. In one case FL CPS lost track of a child and didn't even realize it for over 16 months. I don't think that child was ever located. They have lost track of over 500 kids in their custody and their spokesperson was fired for kiddie *advertiser censored* and soliciting sex with two young boys!

http://www.freedom4um.com/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=72763

The reason I posed this theoretical question (nearly rhetorical) is for the very reason you all gave the answers you gave up until now. EVERY SANE PERSON who had NO BLOOD ON THEIR HANDS and "lost" their baby would be all over LE and FBI and media and be giving heart-wrenching interviews EVERYWHERE they could...

We all know that Caylee was not kidnapped.

Everything KC has done or neglected to do screams guilt. And a complete lack of conscience. And I question whether or not she loved Caylee. Perhaps at some point. She may have thought Caylee "cute" and a type of boy/man magnet when she was a baby (everyone coo's over a baby) but now that Caylee was developing her own personality and talking etc. she became a burden. She became a ball and chain, keeping KC from the "wild party life" she never knew because she was so straightlaced in high school and because she had Caylee at such a young age.

The total wanton disregard for Caylee, the fact that she was missing for so long and keeping all of this information from her own parents means she is guilty. More circumstancial evidence will not be necessary. Just her behavior after Father's Day and then again after July 16th will be enough in my opinion.

No one acts like that - most certainly not a mother - when missing a loved one. GENUINELY missing a loved one. She makes me physically ill. I wish everyone would STOP trying to get their minds wrapped around a potential kidnapping because that scenario is a dead end. No pun intended. This is not intended to be humorous.

I can't believe her parents don't see it. What is the FBI even doing at the GJ investigation? Are they just discounting the fact that there ever was a notion of a kidnapping scenario?

Thanks for your replies...and for restoring my faith in humankind :blowkiss:

I'm just curious. Let's play devil's advocate and assume for the sake of this thread that Caylee was, in fact, kidnapped and KC is protecting her family and Caylee by taking the fall.

I keep on waiting for KC to break down and finally tell all. She waited and kept everyone from LE on the edge of their seats when she went to Universal and walked boldly right straight to the office that was never hers. Ballsy!

How far would you let a scenario like that go before you just trusted LE and gave them all of the information. EVEN if it was the Mafia. EVEN if they had threatened to kill you and/or your family. How far?

Would you let a grand jury indict you on a murder 1 charge?
Would you keep your mouth shut, even while in protective custody?

RIGHT, because well as her mother has said, Casey's hasn't been treated fairly. Seems Cindy and Casey would rather protect this would be kidnapper than Caylee. It's my personal belief that Casey a true Sociopath will NEVER disclose the wherabouts of Caylee and her crazy mother will continue to defend her. You can't make sense out of something that just doesn't make sense. I think the combination of these two women's very unhealthy relationship fueled some sort of mental crack in Casey which lead her to murder her daughter. I do not believe Casey was raised in a normal household under any condition.

I also want to add that psychological disorders are a combination of genetics and enviornmental influences, this is a known fact. In this case, I think both played a part. But there is a control issue with Cindy and there has been an established pattern of behavior (lying) from her daughter throughout the past several years. There is some jealousy that is going on which was aparent from the calls we heard from Casey's jail cell in her response to seeing her mother on talk shows, in which, replied Cindy, which ones?, I did several" Not typical conversation for a daughter in mother in retrospect of what is going on. These two are disconnected from reality and seem to center much of the attention on themselves. Look how many interviews Cindy has given yet NOT ONCE has she hit the pavement looking for her granddaughter. She is loving the lime light and will take whatever she can get. I believe much of what Casey knows and says was learned from her mother. I believe both women have some deep rooted mental issues. George seems as if he is disconnected from both of them and certainly lets Cindy rule the roost.

If I had been stealing money after my child had been kidnapped, it would have been used to look under every stone, every corner....day and night, relentlessly.
But I would NOT have used that money ( and I would steal, if it helped me get my child back...I would do anything!) for lingerie, beer and hoodies...for myself.

If my child was kidnapped, I'd figure she was in serious, grave danger and I'd do whatever it took to get her back. I would definitely co-operate with the police and FBI. What else could I do? Dangerous kidnappers who would kill my family would also kill my kid in a flash. They sure as heck wouldn't put her through college and pay for her wedding. They could be torturing her and raping her, selling her into sexal slavery. I'd figure the only shot I had at getting back was to co-operate with the authorities.

Just another angle. There is nothing that could come out related to this case that would shock. Let just say for instance (pure speculation) that Caylee was born as the result of incest. Would KC go this far to protect Caylee from this form of abuse. Could it be that KC has given Caylee away or hidden her for her own protection. Would KC be willing to spend the remainder of her life in prison or be sentenced to death to protect Caylee. I realize it is a stretch but, this whole thing is twisted.

I would have been on my cell ph. calling the police the instant I realized I could not locate my child. Who has the better chance of getting a child back? The FBI, LE, a party girl at Fusion? I think we could play Devil's advocate (how fitting) and ask what would we do if flying monkeys carried Caylee away. It makes as much sense as Casey's other stories.
In answer to your question I would not have held back any info. I would have fought bears to get to the people who might locate my child.
:banghead:

If there is some reason why she can't talk it can only mean one thing..she was doing something that put her in contact with the wrong type of people.
Even then, by now, something could have been done. Just today there is a case making National news of a little six year old boy from Las Vegas that was kidnapped from his home by Mexican Nationals. It's all over the news. LE in LV have alluded to the fact that this is an "isolated" case. So it's more then likely drug related..and YET these people went for help.
What does that tell everyone??? God rest her soul, Caylee is gone and her mother is responsible for it.

Of course I would call the police immediately if my child was kidnapped!!! And from stats Ive read, most children that are killed are killed within hours of being abducted. So its better to report it to they can move FAST!
Anyway, any innocent/normal person WOULD call police AND co-operate. Thats why Casey is guilty with a capital G,

I certainly wouldn't be able to party in the clubs, business as usual, even if that was part of the script. If I believed with all my heart that my silence would save my daughter's life I would take the secret to my grave but there is no way I would be able to behave as if it never happened. I would have to fake sick with my party friends, which would be easy considering I would be completely out of my mind with grief. My parents would also know that something was immediately wrong because I could never convince them for a month, as Casey did, that my children just couldn't come to the phone or the other various excuses. They also would know my nanny personally in the event that anything ever happened to me and they needed to pick up my children. But yes, if it were me and I were somehow wrapped up in something that I knew the only way to save my child's life was to rot in jail, I would do it.

I think....
perhaps KC might have had a plan with some one... or even
several people....
Take Caylee... to help me punish my MOM... for being mad at
me for stealing my Grandmothers $ $ MONEY $ $ $ ~~~~
Take Caylee........ later....
there will be a REWARD $ $ $ we can share the MONEY>>>>

I hope it's ok to cut down the post some. I have thought about this too. I have always wondered if this began as some scheme to make some money that went horribly wrong and that is why everyone behaved in the ways that they have in the beginning of all this.

A year or so ago there was a man interviewed on a Orlando radio station saying he wanted to start a reality show where a child was kidnapped and the mother would not know until the end of show that it was a hoax and there would be a cash prize when it was over. He asked, if I remember it right, for people to call in if they would be interested in participating. Many people were outraged at the idea but a few said they would do it, just goes to show there are people who are willing to gamble with their own families and others willing to pay for it.

If KC's story was true and she has to stick to a "story" to protect Caylee, she could easily tell LE. They have ways of investigating without notifying the media etc about this case-in fact, probably no one would even know about Caylee, KC and the GP's. No rational, slightly intelligent person would go about "finding" your child on your own. I just wish KC would realize the gig is up-she needs to fess up and let her Caylee be brought home.

See, here is the problem to me with Casey waiting as she did out of "fear". If someone had kidnapped my child my first thought would not be, They are going to try to pin this on me, or The kidnappers told me to be quiet so that is what I am going to do, etc. My first thought if my child was missing for ANY reason would be to contact the police, and I think this is the case with almost any "normal" person. So, this is our first clue to knowing that Casey is not "normal" as we would define the word.

Keeping her mouth shut, to me, is SCREAMING, "I hurt my child, and if I lead you to her then you are going to know that and be able to prove it" or "I fed her to the alligators, so there is nothing left to which to lead you". The silence is deafening here-and that speaks volumes more than any words ever could. If your child is "gone" and you are a "normal" human, then you LOOK for that child, and enlist the assistance of others to look for that child, and you do not rest until every stone has been flipped over...

Her silence says I am guilty of the most heinous of acts-the act of murdering my own precious child and then disposing of her body. The ONLY one that Casey is protecting is Casey-no kidnapper.

You have totally nailed it, Magic_Cat! My thoughts exactly!

i would call the cops immediately..if the mafia were involved i'd be scared ****less and would certainly not be out partying it up in a nightclub..i'd likely either be on every tv show i could get my face on, begging for her return or cowering in a corner somewhere, in fear.

I would NOT protect a kidnapper. I would protect my child. If I was threatened that my son or daughter would be killed if I notified LE, I would find a way to do it without the kidnapper knowing- there are always means. Anyone who would threaten to kill a child if a parent calls LE would kill the child anyway.

I wouldn't protect a kidnapper at all. I wouldn't take a fall and go to jail for anyone I know, nevermind someone I don't know, or barely know.

I cannot wrap my brain around this....
CA is constantly saying the only reason KC isn't talking is because she doesn't trust LE, and she is afraid Kaylee may get hurt if she talks....

We know KC is lying, that's a given-

But, what about the gparents? If someone takes your child and that child is out of your sight for 2 minutes, how do you know she's not being beaten, or raped, or murdered? I would be screaming to the police and anyone else that would listen. But now, four months later and they still buy Kaylee may get hurt? CA explain, please! Again, never a request to the kidnappers, please don't hurt my gchild. Please just bring her home!
Are we really to believe KC is less trusting of LE than kidnappers?
That's a good one!:clap:

IMO...They know what Casey did. When they found out is up for debate. This is about damage control....trying to "save her".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi
Back