How is This affecting you, your kids and your family?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well I have called in sick a few times only to get asked by my boss the next day " so whats happening in the trial" lol

no,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

It is affecting my kids not to the point that there is a problem but they have mentioned over the past weeks is this all you do is what the trial.. I dvr it so I am able to do normal things with them.

It Is affecting me beacause I am racking my brains trying to figure out the exact place little Caylee died.

I'm updating my response to this thread because on Sunday, as I mentioned on another thread, we had to take my granddaughter from my daughter. This case bolstered my conviction to take such a serious step because we truly believed our daughter was putting our granddaughter at risk with her blackout drinking. I realize this is only the beginning of a very long road, but this case has made us hyper-sensitive to all four of our children's behaviors and needs as grown, but young adults who are struggling. Our granddaughter needs us now more than our daughter and she knows she is on her own and has to prove she is worthy of being called Mommy and will have to prove herself capable of raising her daughter in a healthy environment. So this case really affected me in a positive way, and my entire family. The benefit of the A's pain. CAylee you did not die in vain.

I am a mother-of-two and my little boy is freshly out of pre-school for the summer.
I've been riveted by this case since it hit the news. This trial is my World Series and I am quite obsessed. I am so glad that I can watch it in the evening and catch up here so that I don't miss these sunny beach days with him.
My husband wryly pointed out that it would be quite ironic if our son should have some accident whilst I am glued to the Casey Anthony trial.
um. Ack.

My son is getting more computer time on Wizard 101 now that school is out. Mom has to make the choice of computer or TV time ( we only have 1 TV) and it is too damn hot to go outside in the upper 90's.

Grocery shopping, house cleaning and laundry has been put off to watch the trial. (must do that tomorrow as I have put it off as long as I can).

I've fallen asleep 3 times while JB was talking. I wish I would have taped him talking in the first days of the trial as a cure for insomnia!

I have five kids. Ages: (almost) 18, 16, 16, (close to) 15 & (nearing) 12. Im lucky enough to stay at home during the day, and only miss less than an hr of the trial from 2:25-3:10pm [Indiana time]. I continue watching until 4:00 pm my time- when the trial ends. That's when I usually start the 'uniforms', socks, towels, and other laundry while I'm cooking dinner. Sometimes I have to leave later in the evening to pick up one of my kids from their various activities. So far, there has been no interference with my REAL life & this trial. If there comes a time when my parental abilities start 'affecting' my *Justice for Caylee* abilities, I'm SURE (I hope) someone will let me know. OTOH, I'm not gonna lie....it seems like the good testimony always begins when I have to leave to pick my kids up after school. They alllllll know I'm fixated to this case, but with the exception of my 12 yr old--- the rest know what's going on & are 'almost' as interested. None of them really voice their opinion, but my 16/yo son feels ICA is guilty...He isn't convinced that the evidence will give her a lwop verdict, but a 2nd degree manslaughter verdict- that's ok with me (amongst her other charges) as long as she spends most of her life behind bars [un-isolated]. I know I'm getting off track here, but all that ^ in a footnote:: it hasn't affected my *real* life in any other sense than my kids know of this case & have all formed opinions. My 16 yr old son worries me because he's way too level headed....and believes ICA was molested, and it was an accident that snowballed out of control. I so respect his ability not to make rash decsions [[[like his mom]]] <3

Love everyones stories

Only change around here is that i had to admit to my DH the other morning that i had a crush on Dr. Vass. He stayed around a bit to hear the first of his testimony, was not intimidated, and went on to work. :blowkiss:

My husband has strange work hours -- 2 AM to 10 AM. When he gets home, he expects my undivided attention. So, we've gotten into a few spats over me watching the trial and him thinking I'm ignoring him for it. Lately, I've been trying to just stay away from the trial until he goes to bed (around 3 PM) and then watch the recorded vids on WFTV. It's REALLY hard not to just pop on there and watch the trial live, though.. lol

This is possibly TMI. However, this is a generally "personal" type thread and I've been meaning to post over here for a while now, so...

Well, my DH thinks my fascination in this case, and pretty much any criminal case, is entirely morbid, boring, and he worries it contributes to my ever-present depression and anxiety issues. He's not entirely wrong.

We don't argue about it daily or anything, but I have to purposely not talk about it hardly at all (that's what it feels like!) or else he gets the same look on his face that I get when he turns on bad movies (like this morning's choice find--"Robot Holocaust"--are you kidding me?).

I don't think it's morbid or boring at all. I've always been interested in mysteries and crime and detective work, etc. and that increased after my son was killed by his biological father. So, I think that DH (obviously not son's father, who I obviously divorced and who spent a decade in prison) lumps any interests I have in the areas of crime and forensics, etc., in with my ongoing struggle with grieving for my child. I think of it more in terms of being a set of eyes and ears to witness the suffering and a voice for the victims.

I'm not a science geek by any stretch of the imagination...but I just really enjoy learning about the science, and how it interacts with other evidence, and testimony, and the insanity of human nature and the insanity of lack of human nature, and just the justice system in general--I like looking at it from a holistic view and then focusing on little pieces...you all know what I mean, yeah?

So, so far, we've worked things out okay...he works weird night hours, and I'm pretty much off work for the summer, but we live in a tiny apartment...so I end up listening to court on the computer with headphones, and he watches movies or plays video games or reads or listens to music or talks to the cats or whatever on the other side of the room. We occasionally interrupt each other with cackling (me) and random commentary. I was straight up about the trial and just told him, "look, I know you don't 'get it,' and that's okay, but I'm just telling you now, you're gonna be the court trial equivalent to a 'football widow' for several weeks, but then it will be over." He looked a little scared but mostly relieved and accepting.

It's so nice to have other WS'ers for support and who "get it." :) I love you guys!

My husband pokes fun at me for following this case. When he sees me with my laptop, he asks if I'm websleuthing, again! If I say yes, he lets me be. He knows that I'm engrossed in this if I'm on here.

He couldn't believe when I watched all the hearings. He almost watched one with me until he realized it wasn't the trial, just preliminary stuff.

This morning, when he saw me watching it on HLN, plus on my laptop, and posting at the same time, he rolled his eyes and asked, "when is this going to be over?"

Then he sat down, and watched it with me. To the end! AND analyzed it along with me. Even cursing the inopportune times that HLN cut away for commercials. :floorlaugh:

LOL- at first hubby said yes, this trial will bring out the vultures and didnt wath a thing. Now, hes watching the minute he gets home:floorlaugh: He really liked Dr Vass' testimony and yesterdays with the K9 officer:)

I love reading everyones thoughts and story's about how this trial effects everyone.

I guess im kinda lucky, as I work from home, so between over seas phone calls im able to pretty much follow along, thanks to websluthes:)

my dh works durring the day, so it doesnt effect him, and my son is out of school for the summer. He stays up nights now, sleeps days, so it doesnt really effect him..

I manage to clean, cook, etc when court goes to lunch..

I am blessed...

I am getting too emotionally evolved. But it did help me figure out that I could never get into criminal law, what I was actually considered doing. I'm way too emotional and temperamentel.

I'm updating my response to this thread because on Sunday, as I mentioned on another thread, we had to take my granddaughter from my daughter. This case bolstered my conviction to take such a serious step because we truly believed our daughter was putting our granddaughter at risk with her blackout drinking. I realize this is only the beginning of a very long road, but this case has made us hyper-sensitive to all four of our children's behaviors and needs as grown, but young adults who are struggling. Our granddaughter needs us now more than our daughter and she knows she is on her own and has to prove she is worthy of being called Mommy and will have to prove herself capable of raising her daughter in a healthy environment. So this case really affected me in a positive way, and my entire family. The benefit of the A's pain. CAylee you did not die in vain.

I so wish The Anthonys would of done what you did. god bless!

Same here, I now have custody of my grandson:) Watching Cindy & George made me face a lot of the same isues with my own adult child.I stoped putting up with the lies and decite and took a stand, no way was I going to let what happened to Caylee happen to my grandchild. I call him my little red headed freckle face front toothless blessing, he calls me Mom:) He is safe, happy and loved so very much.We are so blessed to have him.
I would like to know just how many grandparents here are raising grandchildren. It would be nice to have a place here where Grandparents could get together and talk, get advice and share.

Same here, I now have custody of my grandson:) Watching Cindy & George made me face a lot of the same isues with my own adult child.I stoped putting up with the lies and decite and took a stand, no way was I going to let what happened to Caylee happen to my grandchild. I call him my little red headed freckle face front toothless blessing, he calls me Mom:) He is safe, happy and loved so very much.We are so blessed to have him.
I would like to know just how many grandparents here are raising grandchildren. It would be nice to have a place here where Grandparents could get together and talk, get advice and share.

I am raising my almost 3 yr old niece (her father is my husbands brother). Her mother was diagnosed with Anti-Social Personality Disorder as well as Narccistic Personality Disorder. She Od'd when the baby was 6 months old. Then after awakening from a coma and being barred from all contact with her childeren, she went right back to her same behavior and about a year later was in a drug related auto accident that put her in a vegatative state. I thought I was finished raising kids as my girls were 14, 19 & 21 when I got her, but she has been a total joy and blessing to us and don't know what we would do without her. When I got the baby she was 8 months old and had been badly neglected. She had been left in her infant carrier for most of her little life. She would hardly smile or respond and she had a flat head from having been in the seat. I had only seen her 1 time prior to this, when she was a newborn, as they did not live near us. Now however, she is a happy and above average 35 month old and we all love her so much. This trial really strikes a cord with me as my niece is the same age as Caylee was when she died.

Also another reason the trial is so riveting to me is because I had two childeren by the time I was 19. I had my oldest when I was 17, I fell in love with her as soon as she was born and grew up almost over night. She and I lived with my parents until she was almost 1, at that time I got married and within a year my husband and I had another baby girl. The two girls were my everything. I did not have time to party or go out. I worked several part time jobs and went to school part time too. It is always beyond my comprehension when someone mistreats their child or neglects them. I just dont get it.

I work out of my home, and my "breaks" are spent coming here & catching up on this case through all the wonderful contributors here.

Right now I have my elderly mother & 22-year-old son (who has been sick but is much better & going back to college next week, by the way), living with me & my husband. My mom watches the trial every day, and in the evenings over dinner we all sit & discuss the trial & the case in general.

It's actually been somewhat of a bonding for my family as we discuss the roles & responsibilities of parents & their children, the importance of honesty & knowing your friends well.

We have the opinions of 3 generations nightly, and one of the most surprising things is my son (who is pretty liberal, as most 22-year-olds are) thinks that Casey is definitely guilty. That one has caught me off guard because he usually takes up for the underdog. He actually feels sorry for all the friends who got caught up in her webb of lies.

I for one do NOT watch ng or any other show or news channels in my son's presence as well as when he would come out into the sunroom I would turn the volume off of the live coverage. However he asked a specific question and I answered it as general as possible.......children NEED to be aware that there are bad people out there....."stranger danger"......and so on.....how I presented my answer to his question was appropriate in MHO.....to pretend or ignore a child's question is doing him/her a dis-service in my opinion.
Yes I agree!

My son was born when I was a 19 yr old single parent. We lived with my parents for the first year, while I continued college. After that, we moved out, into a trailer home while I went to another year of school. That summer, I got a fulltime job, making $4.06/hr, which was the beginning of what turned into a career. At the end of the summer, I was faced with quitting my job to go back to school, or keep the job. I kept the job. It was rough at first, and if I had to do it over again, there are some things I would do different, but there are others that I would not. I would still have done everything I could to support the two of us and to take the best care of him that I could.

Now, he is almost 28, I'm married and have an 11 yr old daughter. I can't comprehend how a mother could NOT do everything possible to give their child the best shot at life.

I am obsessed. When Caylee disappeared my DS was her age and we just got back from a trip to Florida. been obsessed ever since.

I keep up with twitter. I power clean/cook etc during breaks and lunch. I carry the laptop around if I have to do something like fold laundry etc. I don't work during the day so I have been obsessed. DH works and DS is in school all day. Thank goodness for yesterday's canine day in court - I got tonnes done outside by just following twitter threads!

I have a 17 year old who I do NOT expect to be a single mother anytime soon. However, after this case, I told her that if her non-existent identical twin (don't want to put ideas in her head) was pregnant and HAD to live at home then there would be 3 choices. Adoption, WE parent the child or she parents the child. None of this shared stuff, if dh and I parent the child we'd probably adopt the baby and make it legal. If she chooses to parent we'd babysit when we felt like it and not whenever she wanted to go party.

I wasn't expecting to have a conversation about "if you ever become a single mother" when she was 14, but want her to KNOW that if she does do it, then that's HER baby (unless we adopt, then she's a big sister and can't interfere).

My aunt lived with my grandparents when her oldest was a baby, because husband/dad was in the service. Aunt said she didn't even feel like cousin's mom because Granny took over. I didn't know my grandmother well, but from what I knew, she was very bossy and strong-willed. My poor aunt, I can see where it would be hard BUT normal women deal with things as well as they can and don't kill their kids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obamna
Back