Votes: 98 16.7%
  • One day

Votes: 201 34.2%
  • Two days to a week

Votes: 277 47.2%
  • Longer than a week

Votes: 11 1.9%

• Total voters
I think they will have their decision by late Monday afternoon but will walk into court rested and assured with their decision first thing Tuesday morning!

I'm still holding to my original 4 hours. So that would be after lunch on Monday (fingers crossed!) All I can think is she killed him 3 times, same cal weapon as the one stolen from grandpa, going under the radar the WHOLE time she was in Arizona, she got one "boo-boo" on her left ring finger vs. 29 stab wounds, a slit throat, and a gun shot to the head...and she has lied like a rug for almost 5 years now. Why DID she kill him? We may never know, but we DO know that was her intention, whether the plan went into effect May 26 or 28, 2008.

Tuesday morning, around 11am local time...

I think deliberations will go 2 days to a week. I don't believe it is going to be the slam dunk that it should be. In fact, I had a very strong intuitive feeling at the end of trial today that she will be convicted of manslaughter. I hope I am wrong.

I agree with you except I think there's a possibility of second degree. I will be surprised if there's a verdict before Wednesday. I think there will be a juror or two who needs convincing after Nurmi made the point that if she planned it she probably would have killed him immediately when she got there. We all know that she is possibly a nymphomaniac but the jury doesn't have that information. I hope they realise that she didn't care about the photos being taken because she thought she could successfully delete them.

I forgot to ask - did JM ever say that 25 calibre bullets were found at Jodi's house during the initial police search?

After the three alternate jurors were selected, the jury got the case with about 50 minutes left to deliberate before the 4:30 close for the day. They will meet to continue deliberations on Monday from 9:00-4:30 (schedule set by the jurors). The alternate jurors will report, also, but will stay in a different room from those actually deliberating the case.

Wow what is the reasoning alternate jurors?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

I think there will be a juror or two who needs convincing after Nurmi made the point that if she planned it she probably would have killed him immediately when she got there.

That is easily swept away. She planned to kill him and was mad -- but she wanted to give him "one more chance" to take her back and take her to Cancun. When he made it clear that he was doing neither she killed him.

I agree with a poster here who is unsure they even had sex that day -- she may have staged a lot of those naked photos. He looks asleep in the first and then like he woke up and saw her. Doesn't matter if they had sex or not -- but the question of "why she waited" is answered as above.

IMHO she might have still planned to kill him, but delayed the murder until after her vacation to Cancun. I wouldn't put it past her. The woman is a

:trainwreck:

I forgot to ask - did JM ever say that 25 calibre bullets were found at Jodi's house during the initial police search?

Not at the grandparent's house, where she was living, but they did find .25 cal at her parent's home. When the gun was initially stolen, the gun's mag with 7-.25 cal FMJ HP's was missing too

It's entirely possible Nurmi/Wilmott attempted to rein her in and ordered Jodi's tweets deleted.
Well, it's too late now. They've already been seen by everyone. Stupid *advertiser censored**es!

I expect there to be a verdict on Monday. Probably after lunch but before the end of the daily schedule (4:30).

There has to be a verdict by Wednesday because I have a hair appointment on Thursday morning and want to be able to discuss it with my stylist to whom I introduced the case in January. She's followed it since then and has talked to both DH and I about it.

---------
Oh I hope it works for you! I had a DR.s appt. on Friday, begged off and guess what happened on Fri? I got sick as a dog. Thank God for my dog.We had a prescription for HIM for Cipro. I filled it and I'm taking it. never such a sore throat in my life! we had strep in the house a week ago. I havent even read much. I do hope its known soon. I feel sorry for the jury..:seeya:

Took these verdict times from the HLN site.

Casey Anthony, 10 hours, 40 mins., acquitted
Jerry Sandusky, 20 hours over 2 days, guilty 45 of 48 counts
Drew Peterson, 14 hours, guilty
Conrad Murray, 09 hours, guilty involuntary manslaugter
O. J. Simpson, less than 4 hours, acquitted on 2 counts
Phil Spector, 30 hours, guilty of second-degree murder
Robert Blake, 35 hours over 9 days, acquitted
Scott Peterson, 7 days, convicted of first and second-degree murder
Menendez Brothers, 4 days, convicted of 2 counts first-degree murder
Steven Hayes, 4 hours, convicted of capital* murder of three people

*punishable by death

Hard to tell as the examples run from one long day to seven days. Except look at O. J. and SH, both four hours, with drastically different results.

I can't imagine that JA will be acquitted but then I never imagined O. J. could be either. The difference is, JA admits she killed TA. It may take longer for these twelve jurors to come to an agreement. I don't believe they'll all agree on first-degree but believe they'll decide on second-degree which takes the DP off the table. The verdict will be somewhere in the middle and take longer than four hours to decide - probably two days or until Wednesday. The wait will be agonizing.

Some of us have changed our avatars during Verdict Watch to the Justice for Travis Blue Ribbon as a way to show our WS Solidarity for Travis and family. Hope others will join in so we will be a sea of Blue Ribbons for Travis by verdict day.
Thanks.

You can tell by the jury questions and the court observers observations that they are attentive, that they are not the Pinellas 12. The Pinellas 12 were people who had no interest in current events, especially the stupid woman who "refused to judge". It makes me so mad that she was ever allowed on a jury, because jurors are supposed to judge. Being judgmental is not a bad word. We do it everyday. Juan and Beth Karas are confident of a guilty verdict by Mon., and that's all we need for now, a Death Sentence wouldn't be out of the realm soon after that.
And we can rejoice in that there will be no more trashing of Travis and hearing that awful sex tape ever again.

I am thinking murder 1 and life in prison. I guess you never watch Nancy Grace...we will be hearing that sex tape and everything else about this case for months to come. They played the Casey Anthony tapes for months after the verdict.

I agree with you except I think there's a possibility of second degree. I will be surprised if there's a verdict before Wednesday. I think there will be a juror or two who needs convincing after Nurmi made the point that if she planned it she probably would have killed him immediately when she got there. We all know that she is possibly a nymphomaniac but the jury doesn't have that information. I hope they realise that she didn't care about the photos being taken because she thought she could successfully delete them.

BBM

I'm wondering if most of the jury is smart enough, and they seem to be with the questions they asked throughout the trial, to remember that Travis had roommates that would be woken up with all the noise at 4-5am.

I am thinking murder 1 and life in prison. I guess you never watch Nancy Grace...we will be hearing that sex tape and everything else about this case for months to come. They played the Casey Anthony tapes for months after the verdict.

ITA! Also, JVM has been playing those sex tapes forever! My ears are still bleeding and have always had to turn the channel when she started her program.

I originally voted two days but having heard the jury instructions, I'm voting a few hours.

I originally voted two days but having heard the jury instructions, I'm voting a few hours.

I give it two hours. Thats providing the jurors are insightful and smart. I think they are.

I believe the jury already deliberated for a few hours on Friday.

Some of us have changed our avatars during Verdict Watch to the Justice for Travis Blue Ribbon as a way to show our WS Solidarity for Travis and family. Hope others will join in so we will be a sea of Blue Ribbons for Travis by verdict day.
Thanks.

I can't figure out how on my iPad or iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow what is the reasoning alternate jurors?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

In case a deliberating juror gets kicked off, sick, injured etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UncleGrump
Back