How to Start a Missing Person Thread and other thread edits

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, you cannot. I know you want to help but we have to go by the strict rule that there has to be a police report. When a police report is made then families can go to missing persons non-profit sites and make posts about their missing loved ones. That's how our incredible members find all these missing people. Thru alerts from other organizations or simply good old-fashioned detective work. By that I mean going through local papers, searching on Facebook or Twitter like in your case.

You should ask this person if they have made a missing person's report on their loved one. Even if she is a sex worker that doesn't mean they shouldn't look for her. They absolutely should look for her no matter what she does for a living.

If you can get a police report and send it to me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com then I can start the thread.

Thanks for caring HayLouise.
Tricia
Thanks for getting back to me Tricia, thankfully she has just been found.

Hi just wondering what we do if we are trying to post a possible MP UIP link but the thread is closed for replies?
Thanks

Hi just wondering what we do if we are trying to post a possible MP UIP link but the thread is closed for replies?
Thanks
Please go to this specific thread and hit the report button with posting your question. This will alert one of the mods to go check do whatever is necessary or to contact you, thank you!

Hi,
I need help finding a missing person who was never reported as missing but hasn’t been seen since 1987. I have a photo, date of birth, last known location and full name. Can I still create a thread for her?
Thanks so much,
Mara

Hi,
I need help finding a missing person who was never reported as missing but hasn’t been seen since 1987. I have a photo, date of birth, last known location and full name. Can I still create a thread for her?
Thanks so much,
Mara
Unfortunatelly no! You need to have a msm or le information about the missing or you can reference a report number.
However, what is the reason that the person is not reported missing? I suppose this still could be done!

Unfortunatelly no! You need to have a msm or le information about the missing or you can reference a report number.
However, what is the reason that the person is not reported missing? I suppose this still could be done!
Hi! Thanks for responding.
I guess she was never reported bc she had a high risk lifestyle. She ran away from home in Ohio in 1965 and her family never saw her again. They didn’t report her bc she was eighteen and she’d told them she was leaving. She lived in NYC and had five children, all five with different unknown paternities. All five were removed from her care by ACS—the last in 1987. If she’s alive she would be 71 years old. I already asked in my local precinct if her children could report her missing now and they said it was too late.
Thanks!
Mara

Just looking at some cases on NCMEC's Long term missing child map and I was wondering what prefix would a case go under for state VI - virgin islands?

For example - Have you seen this child? ISAAC ROBIN

Thanks

There would not be a pull down reference for the Virgin Islands so you will leave that blank.

In the title you would enter the prefix as follows:

If it's the US Virgin Islands, the prefix would be USVI

If British Virgin Islands, prefix would be BVI

Last edited:
Just looking at some cases on NCMEC's Long term missing child map and I was wondering what prefix would a case go under for state VI - virgin islands?

For example - Have you seen this child? ISAAC ROBIN

Thanks
This case would be with the prefix VI ;-) which is not available!

I assume it was just not created, but i think it is valid to question to the admin, so we get or VI and further more. Or another prefix we can use for various cases with "exotic" states and in the title the dedicated one.

Btw this is also valid for another case you started, thanks to you i now know where Saipan is (Northern Mariana Islands or MP)

List of U.S. state abbreviations - Wikipedia

If you find out a status changes like Located SAFE, can you change the status or does a moderator verify and do it? Thanks!

If you find out a status changes like Located SAFE, can you change the status or does a moderator verify and do it? Thanks!
It is the work of the Forum Coordinators to verify/ check the source and accordingly change and move the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi!

How do I edit the subject line of a new thread created for a missing person?

Thanks!
-H

Hi!

How do I edit the subject line of a new thread created for a missing person?

Thanks!
-H

Go to the 1st post in the thread; at the bottom left of the post you'll see report, click on it and tell them you'd like the title changed, also add what you want it changed to.

I have a new case that I can't find on any searches in Websleuths. I'm very intimated by trying to make a post for him and there is very little coverage for him by the press. So I'm following the directions that are at the beginning of this thread by OkieGranny. I already have a question. It says to download an image of him to "an image host". This might be a stupid question but is that like.....I can save his picture to my phone and the news article and then just upload them onto my new thread I'm gonna attempt to make? :(

I have a new case that I can't find on any searches in Websleuths. I'm very intimated by trying to make a post for him and there is very little coverage for him by the press. So I'm following the directions that are at the beginning of this thread by OkieGranny. I already have a question. It says to download an image of him to "an image host". This might be a stupid question but is that like.....I can save his picture to my phone and the news article and then just upload them onto my new thread I'm gonna attempt to make? :(

You can drag and drop a photo or you can add a photo using the photo icon (mountains and sun) above, or you can go ahead and post your thread and I will add the photo for you.

Question. What if it's 2 missing kids? Is there a separate Amber Alert section? Do they share a thread? Would I list their names in the title like "Billy and Betty Boop, 11 and 6"? Bc I just got an alert for siblings taken by a non-custodial parent today that sound like they may be in real danger.

Question. What if it's 2 missing kids? Is there a separate Amber Alert section? Do they share a thread? Would I list their names in the title like "Billy and Betty Boop, 11 and 6"? Bc I just got an alert for siblings taken by a non-custodial parent today that sound like they may be in real danger.

Update: question is still valid for the future but they did find the kids thank goodness. It was a case out of Newberry, SC today...

I have assumed you have found the answer by seeing the threads opened on the forum ;-) , this is not an unusual situation. One case = one thread
TN - TN - Joseph Fitzgibbon, 15, & Angela Helms, 17, Memphis, 1 Sept 2019 *endangered*
NY - NY - Nicole Merced Plaud, 24, & Miguel Valentin-Colon, 31, son found alone, Buffalo, 16 Sep 2019
Recovered/Located - CT - James Cake, 7, & Grace, 1, taken by mother, Whitney Young, to Arizona, Milford, 27 Sept 2019
Valid also for non siblings and adults

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ
Back