How to Start a Missing Person Thread and other thread edits

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Aha. Thank you! And in the case of siblings taken by a parent we put that info in the title too? Good to know.

There is a missing woman in my area and yet the only media I can find is either from personal facebook pages or The Missing Persons Cases Network facebook page. The flyer has been locally distributed on Nextdoor as well (which I realize isn't going to count as media). Can I assume The Missing Persons Cases Network page is good enough to start a thread? The local police department contact information is listed on the flyer. However they do not seem to use their website very regularly to post current news.

She's been missing for 2 days and time is of essence, so I'm just trying to find a reasonable way to get this out beyond facebook.

Thanks!

Which state would I used for a missing person if they reside in one state but went missing in another?

This happened with the one I started last month- mods configured it so that the state the missing person went missing from is the main state you use- but then include where they are from in the middle description.

See this Found Deceased - CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019 #2

(“found deceased” was added once she was found)

I live in a smallish town in Colorado - there was a missing/runaway kid posted about in our private group.
I contacted local PD to confirm as there is nothing in the news and no updates - and because one local said they heard it was a joke.
Local police said it is out of another agency (so legit?) but again no news links.
Can I/Should I post a thread since the source is Facebook?? The missing teen is Joshua Glasco.

Would this be considered as MSM? Seems to appear legit IMO. Perhaps someone with more knowledge might comment here?

Joshua Glasco missing: Joshua Glasco Colorado missing

This is not an MSM link unfortunately, but I live less than 2 miles from where he was supposedly last seen and have a connection to local LE so I will try to verify today with a missing person case number and will start a thread if I can confirm.

This is not an MSM link unfortunately, but I live less than 2 miles from where he was supposedly last seen and have a connection to local LE so I will try to verify today with a missing person case number and will start a thread if I can confirm.

Thank you so much KayELJay.

Hi all I’m new to the forums and I’m curious if you might know how I would go about getting information on an old case that I’ve got a dead end on.
Her name was Lisa Kay Drake, 18, found in 1989 in Indiana- she was reported missing but found a few months later. My friend who is related is just curious to know what happened to her. I can not locate anything save for her death certificate that lists her death as ligature strangulation.
Please let me know if I didn’t post it right or need to correct anything. Thank you

Attachments

• 4BA32448-8870-401A-ACAE-06CA46A75A2C.jpeg
    4BA32448-8870-401A-ACAE-06CA46A75A2C.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 276
Hi all I’m new to the forums and I’m curious if you might know how I would go about getting information on an old case that I’ve got a dead end on.
Her name was Lisa Kay Drake, 18, found in 1989 in Indiana- she was reported missing but found a few months later. My friend who is related is just curious to know what happened to her. I can not locate anything save for her death certificate that lists her death as ligature strangulation.
Please let me know if I didn’t post it right or need to correct anything. Thank you

Welcome to WS, Blueoracle23. :)

If is there a Police case number or any mainstream media news articles for Lisa’s case, I/we can help start a discussion thread here on these boards. I did find this upon a cursory search: Lisa Kay Drake - funeral announcement - The C-J - Fri 19 Nov 1982 - Newspapers.com

The death certificate you provided seems to have some information, including the ligature strangulation COD you mentioned, but I’m not sure if the moderators can allow for a thread with that information alone, so I’m flagging this post for them to take a look here. There is a status number on the certificate.

Since this is Paighton Houston’s thread, and not the correct place to discuss other cases, I’m sending you a private message now to help assist. Hopefully we can get something going for Lisa.

4ba32448-8870-401a-acae-06ca46a75a2c-jpeg.227990

Last edited:
I have a question, i found a very old missing persons report on a teenage boy. I couldnt find anything more about him except i found his sisters obituary and it says she preceded her brother and parents in death. Im wondering if he was found deceased or is missing, presumed deceased. I cannot find him on any mp database and he doesnt have a websleuths thread. I was going to create one but i dont know the circumstances or where it should go. Would it be better to not create one?

I have a question, i found a very old missing persons report on a teenage boy. I couldnt find anything more about him except i found his sisters obituary and it says she preceded her brother and parents in death. Im wondering if he was found deceased or is missing, presumed deceased. I cannot find him on any mp database and he doesnt have a websleuths thread. I was going to create one but i dont know the circumstances or where it should go. Would it be better to not create one?
I always thought that the, "preceded in death", explanation, was for someone who passed away 'before' the person whose obituary you are reading about. If the sister preceded the brother, and parents, then my assumption would be they were still living. The brother, and parents, that is.

It sounds confusing, but so many times obituaries can be. IMHO of course.

As for creating a missing persons thread, I'm thinking a moderator would be best for providing an answer.

The parents died in the 1970s. This lady died in 2008, so i assume the brother died before 2008 also. Im not even sure what happened to him so i wont be posting ftb.

The parents died in the 1970s. This lady died in 2008, so i assume the brother died before 2008 also. Im not even sure what happened to him so i wont be posting ftb.
You can send me the found information as links per pm, i will have a look.
Somehow i think there may be some typos in the report or obituary causing our confusion.
Thanks!

You can send me the found information as links per pm, i will have a look.
Somehow i think there may be some typos in the report or obituary causing our confusion.
Thanks!

Ive just realised the mistake was mine, i meant to say her parents and brother preceded her in death. So sorry! Thats what happens when i try to type at midnight!
Apparently the teen was located but also deceased at some point so I'd need to check first. All i found was 2 old fbi reports and 1940 census records and the sisters obit.

Ive just realised the mistake was mine, i meant to say her parents and brother preceded her in death. So sorry! Thats what happens when i try to type at midnight!
Apparently the teen was located but also deceased at some point so I'd need to check first. All i found was 2 old fbi reports and 1940 census records and the sisters obit.

You'd need to find someone that could research him to see if he was eventually found and passed or just missing still and declared deceased

I have a different mp report that i need help with, it looks like these 3 were never found...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200426-175704_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200426-175704_Chrome.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20200426-175025_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200426-175025_Chrome.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 11

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors