How will Jaycee heal?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
they are basing there article on what could happen.....they arent focusing on a solution to it. they are just doing what they do.......attention grabbing headlines "jaycee suicide shocker!" to make you think she already tried, then "experts" talking about what MIGHT happen. i dont have a crystal ball.
ive seen your posts to jaycee, and while not 'rainbows' they surely seemed postive.

they based their article on history of what has already happened with very similar cases.
They did state that while those case has so many similarities they also had some differences.
SOLUTION never includes rose colored glasses. Not ever.
They are looking at what is REAL. and what is real is not always pretty.
By looking at history and knowing what can be expected - solutions do come.
by looking at rainbows solutions escape.
I found the article highly informative, and much of it is very reasonable;
haveing studies human development.
I personally find your attitude to be very fluffy without any substance.

they based their article on history of what has already happened.
they did state that while those cased had so many similarities they also had some differences.
SOLUTION never includes rose colored glasses. Not ever.
They are looking at what is REAL. and what is real is not always pretty.

i really find the rose colored glasses comments insulting and wish they'd cease.
im not gonna apologize for not being all gloom and doom

How do you know that?
whatever is normal outside of this case may not at all apply in this case.
I am not so sure that is what kept her going at all. It is only a possibility.

so what kept her going? it surely wasnt living with those two freaks.

SO MANY people live with freaks and keep going.
Your analogies :waitasec:

so many people live with freaks who are kidnapppers, rapists and potential killers? i dont know why even bother anymore. the parole review turned into a mulitpage 'why did jaycee lie?" rant......the tlc special turned into a critique on carl, and now this place has turned into "kbl is a fluffy moron" cause i dont happen to believe that a story in the NE is really in jayces best intrests, even if it's based in truth.

so many people live with freaks who are kidnapppers, rapists and potential killers? YES and there are children for the most part and we wish we can get a number of how many because there is also child trafficking that is underground and they can not get a statistic on it,,, they think about 300,000. minimum SO whether you like to know this or not it does exist here in the USA.

i dont know why even bother anymore. the parole review turned into a mulitpage 'why did jaycee lie?" rant......the tlc special turned into a critique on carl, and now this place has turned into "kbl is a fluffy *advertiser censored*" cause i dont happen to believe that a story in the NE is really in jayces best intrests, even if it's based in truth.

The reason people do not know why JC lied is because not many people know what happns when a mind gets brain washed, less know what happens with Stockholm Syndrom.
I dont know SH but I know cult syndrom and it has its similarities.

None of it will ever explain rose colord glasses or fluffy talk especially since this case is DARK and far from "oh she is home free now".
I stopped coming here because after the People mag. I knew all there is to know for now, until the trial.
But her hardships are massive, and her freedom is an illusion.
Originally I said it will take a minimum of 1 year to get her deprogrammed. I knew If I said it will take many years people would jump around...BUT THE WORK SHE REQUIRES WILL TAKE MANY YEARS....None of which does not mean that I do not wish her well, or that I do not see the reality.
Freedom begins in the mind and the spirit, what she had undergone in 18 years is etched in her blue print...
You can go on being fluffy I don't care.....It will never change the reality.
The story in NE creates AWARNESS of the situation. like it or not, much of it I totaly agree with.
they are telling people about stuff most do not know about.

JC initially lied because she was forced to do so for so long that she (justifiably) didn't feel safe to disobey PG by telling the truth so abruptly. When she felt she was safe she told the police the truth.

As a survivor (14 years) of a very violent and public crime, I know it's not going to be smooth sailing for JC just because she's physically free, she will heal in stages at her own pace. Since people heal differently there's no way of knowing when JC will start to feel like herself again, but I'm optimistic since she's got such a solid core of family to support her. All we can do is hope and pray for the best for her and her family.

JC initially lied because she was forced to do so for so long that she (justifiably) didn't feel safe to disobey PG by telling the truth so abruptly. When she felt she was safe she told the police the truth.

As a survivor (14 years) of a very violent and public crime, I know it's not going to be smooth sailing for JC just because she's physically free, she will heal in stages at her own pace. Since people heal differently there's no way of knowing when JC will start to feel like herself again, but I'm optimistic since she's got such a solid core of family to support her. All we can do is hope and pray for the best for her and her family.

thanks flajohn for your input, logical and on the mark imo.
sorry to hear about whatever it was that happened to you.

EXACTLY that is real. :)
And that is also exactly what the Doctors were trying to tell us....there are so many stages and Euphoria is just an early stage.
God Bless you and hope you are always in healing rays. :)

:help: Frankly i'm apprehensive that the allegation of possible suicide might
carry a grain of truth to it. I agree with Songline's arguments, but for a
different 18-year explanation presented before and don't want to start
another argument. I'm also thinking accordingly that JC might then decline
to testify at a trial unless its postponed at least a couple years.

I think it's despicable that National Enquirer put a headline on their front page that makes people think that Jaycee did attempt suicide. I just saw it earlier at the dollar general and didn't believe it, so didn't bother to try and flip through to find the article. Jaycee didn't kill herself all those years and did what she could for her daughters. Unless she has manic depression (which I highly doubt) I don't believe she'll make any such attempts. It may be a hard road for her, but why does it necessarily have to be horribly long and full of suffering. Some women are strong and have great genes, and just might be able to overcome anything without extreme doom and gloom.

I think it's despicable that National Enquirer put a headline on their front page that makes people think that Jaycee did attempt suicide. I just saw it earlier at the dollar general and didn't believe it, so didn't bother to try and flip through to find the article. Jaycee didn't kill herself all those years and did what she could for her daughters. Unless she has manic depression (which I highly doubt) I don't believe she'll make any such attempts. It may be a hard road for her, but why does it necessarily have to be horribly long and full of suffering. Some women are strong and have great genes, and just might be able to overcome anything without extreme doom and gloom.

this is what annoys me. i never said it wont be hard road. but since when is suicide attempts on the table? songline herself said there was no real quotes from family members or you know, anyone who actully knows jaycee, that she is in that frame of mind. just take a couple of shrinks to speculate what she MIGHT do. the national enquirer has shown, from my point of view, a serious meausre of disrespect for jaycee. there wasnt just this article, but also the nonsense about her 'begging" to see garrido cause she 'loves him". i mean how low will they stoop? im afraid to find out. :(

While she was in the back yard her world would have been relatively stable and unpressured, but now that she is out of there she will be facing all sorts of new pressure and expectations that she is likely ill equiped to handle. That is allways the danger in situations like this, that people around her will probably try to shape her world according to their vision, while she may want to do things differently or at a different pace, but because of the last 18 years, lacks the strength to impose her will. That will have a crushing effect on her spirit. I spoke about this before, when we first heard that she had been found, and I think it will be a real shame if things work out like that.

Speculations are often like road maps so that they can revisit it as it comes up.
this case is UNIQUE and using every single case before it as a guid is highly helpful.
so while none of it was reported by family...ALL the cases are recorded and used to go forward
with new cases that may come up.
What is unique about this case is she had 2 children by her captor, which adds issue to the table.
Those children are forever and ever a trigger in her mind of how they came to be.
The many triggers that she had suppressed for 18 years are now coming to the surface one by one...
And trigges always pull the development back a bit...She will have many trigger, it is also said that
one of the girls look like him (that too is a trigger).

IMO everything they have said is very USEFUL to know in going forward in such a case.
Much of it is more then just probable, it is coming in stages whether we like it or not,
She has become our sweethear, but her case is still her case and will happen in JC time line.

I agree with txsvicki who said that the caption/headline on the NE was not a nice caption at all,
in fact IMO it was designed to get us to buy the paper, kind of like a selling ploy, and very unkind.
but the article is highly informative. It is very real about what we can expect.
While she may or may not skip the suicide stuff, she has other stages that in themselves are Hardships.
I am ALL for looking at all that is REAL...
Home with Mom is only one part of many, bonding again can be a huge issue in itself.
Seeing a picture is SO far from knowing the truth.

Speculations are also like a business plan...Written by many doctors - so as they show up they know the signs. The article was good the caption was not.

:twocents: Just a statistic: 30% of women hint at suicide sometime in life,
but only one in twenty of those actually carry it out fatally. It just
reflects a problem.
There's a dramatic gender difference. Men are only 1/3 as likely ever
to hint at suicide as women, but 3 times as likely to be found dead
from it, some without explaining why.

Speculations are often like road maps so that they can revisit it as it comes up.
this case is UNIQUE and using every single case before it as a guid is highly helpful.
so while none of it was reported by family...ALL the cases are recorded and used to go forward
with new cases that may come up.
What is unique about this case is she had 2 children by her captor, which adds issue to the table.
Those children are forever and ever a trigger in her mind of how they came to be.
The many triggers that she had suppressed for 18 years are now coming to the surface one by one...
And trigges always pull the development back a bit...She will have many trigger, it is also said that
one of the girls look like him (that too is a trigger).

IMO everything they have said is very USEFUL to know in going forward in such a case.
Much of it is more then just probable, it is coming in stages whether we like it or not,
She has become our sweethear, but her case is still her case and will happen in JC time line.

I agree with txsvicki who said that the caption/headline on the NE was not a nice caption at all,
in fact IMO it was designed to get us to buy the paper, kind of like a selling ploy, and very unkind.
but the article is highly informative. It is very real about what we can expect.
While she may or may not skip the suicide stuff, she has other stages that in themselves are Hardships.
I am ALL for looking at all that is REAL...
Home with Mom is only one part of many, bonding again can be a huge issue in itself.
Seeing a picture is SO far from knowing the truth.

Speculations are also like a business plan...Written by many doctors - so as they show up they know the signs. The article was good the caption was not.

i know we all want the same thing, jaycee and her girls to heal as much as possible and to lead as normal a life as possible.
it is ideed a long road, and we dont know at what point they are at in fact. we dont know cause they arent releasing that info, and we, and the ne and any other news outlet, for that matter can only guess at it.
i just wish the media would be more responsible.

i know we all want the same thing, jaycee and her girls to heal as much as possible and to lead as normal a life as possible.
it is ideed a long road, and we dont know at what point they are at in fact. we dont know cause they arent releasing that info, and we, and the ne and any other news outlet, for that matter can only guess at it.
i just wish the media would be more responsible.
Until you read the article. since you dont want to hear rose glasses, and you think of her being on the cover of the year
I have no clue what I can possibly say to you. But I will do one more post and end it with tat.

IT IS RESPOSSIBLE TO SHED AWARNESS ON WHAT that type of a journey is, because people DO NOT know, and to assume "Happy days are here again" La, La, La, La.....
Is far more irresponsible, it boarders on walking around with "EYES WIDE SHUT"
I am not saying another word on this you are so welcome to do your dance.... I prefer to know what is her world REALLY LIKE and that article gives me a better view and understanding then anything else I have read since her discovery. I am not talking about this again........
you can continue your dance.

you do a great job of putting words in my mouth.
im not playing this game anymore either.
if you want to turn this into the jaycee suicide watch, you can do so without me.

you do a great job of putting words in my mouth.im not playing this game anymore either.
if you want to turn this into the jaycee suicide watch, you can do so without me.
:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec: Never mind....:doh:

I caved in and bought the latest issue of The National Enquirer the other night. The headline is horribly misleading and insensitive, making it seem like Jaycee's already tried to kill herself; however, suicide is mentioned only a few times in the article itself. A lot of news articles have alluded to the long and difficult road Jaycee's got ahead of her, and The NE article more or less lists a number of problems Jaycee could -- not will, mind you, but could -- face going forward. Many of us (myself included) are emotionally invested in this case, so I'll admit that it's not an easy article to read, as it forced me to acknowledge that things may not turn out as well as I hope they will. We can hope, yes, but I don't think any of us can reasonably expect anything of Jaycee or her future, good or bad. How well she fares in the future is a big question mark as far as we are concerned. If we expect her to do well and she ends up struggling with severe depression, feeling like she hasn't met the public's expectations for her future happiness could possibly make her feel worse.

Anyway, it seems The NE put a shorter, modified version of the article online, so you can read it at the following link if you're interested:

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/jaycee_dugard_suicide_fears_sex_slave_psychological/celebrity/67718

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vee97
Back