How will Jaycee heal?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i really hope that if the NE article is true and she did go back, that she was fully ready for it. it does seem too short a time has gone by to expect her to do that. (IMO). then again, maybe she was ready to confront it. i just hope that she is doing OK....i think the uncontainable happiness of being re-united with her family is starting to give way to having to confront all that she's been through and that is going to be so hard and take so long.

This is just a side note. Other people have mentioned the case of Steven Staynor (which is difficult to forget), who was kidnapped and did seem to heal from the ordeal he went through and have a family, then was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident.

Now here's something really messed up that not everyone knows: Steven's brother (who was not kidnapped) Cary Staynor, went on to become a serial murderer. He claimed that after Steven came home, he was largely ignored and all of the attention and care went to Steven and that enraged him and fueled his homicidal tendencies. Weird, huh?

That was so sad. I also keep thinking of Jack Nicholson, for all those years believed his mom was his sister....and his Mom was actually his Grandmother.

This is just a side note. Other people have mentioned the case of Steven Staynor (which is difficult to forget), who was kidnapped and did seem to heal from the ordeal he went through and have a family, then was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident.

Now here's something really messed up that not everyone knows: Steven's brother (who was not kidnapped) Cary Staynor, went on to become a serial murderer. He claimed that after Steven came home, he was largely ignored and all of the attention and care went to Steven and that enraged him and fueled his homicidal tendencies. Weird, huh?

yes, i remember Cary Staynor! i remember thinking how much is one family supposed to take!! to have both a victim and perp as brothers, in such extreme cases, it's just so unbelievably random, yet true.

i really hope that if the NE article is true and she did go back, that she was fully ready for it. it does seem too short a time has gone by to expect her to do that. (IMO). then again, maybe she was ready to confront it. i just hope that she is doing OK....i think the uncontainable happiness of being re-united with her family is starting to give way to having to confront all that she's been through and that is going to be so hard and take so long.
Today NE finaly put the story on their site.
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/jay...rn_to_garrido_home_sex_stalag/celebrity/67289

On Fox News they reported that Oprah has requested the first interview with Jaycee. She said that she's never wanted an interview as much as she wants this one.

I'm sure that eventually there will be an interview. But, I find myself wondering if Oprah is the one best suited to do the interview. I remember when she interviewed Shawn Hornbeck, pressing him for details he wasn't ready to answer. As I go through the mental list of interviewers, I'm not sure who, if any, would be best suited to do an interview and not be overly intrusive.

Is it just me? I have nothing against Oprah and admire her for the many wonderful things she has done, but it just left a bad taste in my mouth - her announcing how badly she wanted this interview with Jaycee. It's almost like she was begging for this interview and I've never seen Oprah do that. I guess that's just show business, but I can't help it. It just didn't seem right to go public with her desire. I'm sure Oprah means well and all, but still...it was kinda wierd to me. Poor Jaycee. She's been so wounded. Maybe she's not ready to talk about it - to anyone just yet. Wish the media would leave her alone for now so she can get reacquainted with her family and start the healing process.

How will she ever feel "safe?" All of her boundaries were violated and yet he probably told her he was protecting her from the outside world. Then, as the kidnap victim Olga Kampusch was saying in the article that (someone on here was so kind to post) she adapted to her confinement and felt secure, but now felt vulnerable in larger society.

I grew up in a fairly isolated family where there was abuse. When I was a teenager I wanted to run away because I thought that other people would be "normal" and I would live a great life. I was made very vulnerable to outside influences because of this and was victimized due to my naivete.

So, what's the answer?

This is all so very complex. I'm sorry if this is confusing--it is to me as well.

Once boundaries are violated, it is a constant exercise to be mindful of your boundaries...
That is what we hope that on going therapy will help with.
She/they will learn about healthy boundaries, but she will forever be vulnerable if she lets her guards down. MOO

Is it just me? I have nothing against Oprah and admire her for the many wonderful things she has done, but it just left a bad taste in my mouth - her announcing how badly she wanted this interview with Jaycee. It's almost like she was begging for this interview and I've never seen Oprah do that. I guess that's just show business, but I can't help it. It just didn't seem right to go public with her desire. I'm sure Oprah means well and all, but still...it was kinda wierd to me. Poor Jaycee. She's been so wounded. Maybe she's not ready to talk about it - to anyone just yet. Wish the media would leave her alone for now so she can get reacquainted with her family and start the healing process.
You are correct IMO Oprah is just getting to be bad news in my book. I used to like her long ago. I fell out of like with her when she pulled Obama out of the gate. Bad move in my book, it put Hillary many steps back and I will never watch the fat "O" again.
I did post on some article that was about her wanting this interview that she is only after ratings and that this is totally inappropriate, it does not protect these girls at all; and we do not want to see the girls and cause them any media harm. They need to be anonymous for a very long time. So miss Self serving O get over it, I hope you never get an interview... Me think, It will be years till the girls will be ready for that.
And when the time comes I hope it will be Diane Sawyer that gets it I think she is far more genteel.

On Fox News they reported that Oprah has requested the first interview with Jaycee. She said that she's never wanted an interview as much as she wants this one.

I'm sure that eventually there will be an interview. But, I find myself wondering if Oprah is the one best suited to do the interview. I remember when she interviewed Shawn Hornbeck, pressing him for details he wasn't ready to answer. As I go through the mental list of interviewers, I'm not sure who, if any, would be best suited to do an interview and not be overly intrusive.
SHE IS OUT OF PLACE it is far too soon....
But she is putting her toe in the water so when the time comes she will be the one.
I hope when the time comes, she will not get this interview at all.

IMHO -- Oprah is out of place to expect, almost demand, an interview and certainly this soon. I was appalled at Shawn's interview. She took advantage of his vulnerability and his parents ecstatic joy to have him home. Unlike many others, they had maintained a public persona. Even so, they were unprepared for Oprah's intrusive and, in one particular case, inappropriate questions.

My opinion, but we have become conditioned to think every victim must do an interview to fill the public in on what happened and to show they are still "normal." It is a huge burden, and I can see how these public conversations could become one more obstacle to overcome. If and when Jaycee feels she it ready to an interview, I hope she has control over what she is asked and sets a limitation of what she is expected to say. No ferreting out nasty details.

I would think recovering from such a long and complicated captivity will take many years of therapy and support. Steve Stayner's family chose to not speak about what happened to Steve or how it had disrupted their family. I think in their day, that was the expectation -- the less said the better, but we now know talking is critical to recovery. It is important to discuss what happened with a trained professional to sort out the trauma and begin building a new foundation of security. Everyone needs to go to therapy. Life will never be the same but with help a new life can emerge.

This one brought me to tears. Jaycee tried to teach her children, but why didn't Nancy if she thought of them as family? Nancy is an educated woman but it looks like young Jaycee was left to care for the girls.

I don't understand who lived in the tents. It appears it was all three, but PG said Jaycee's children slept in his arms every night from the time they were born. Maybe he slept in the tents, too - it was reported that he was living in the next door neighbors shed for awhile, so it's possible.

Hi everyone, I'm new here. So glad I found this forum because I have so many questions and have been so interested in this story for some reason.

Anyway, I have been wondering when Jaycee is going to talk to the authorities about all that happened to her. There has been speculation about if she had more children, the backyard tent parties with strange men, if she lived in the house, etc. Jaycee seems to have a good memory of what happened so she should be able to answer all these questions and set everyone straight.

I don't mean holding a press conference -- obviously she doesn't want to be out in front of people -- but someone in LE could answer some questions based on talking with her.

JULIE

SHE IS OUT OF PLACE it is far too soon....
But she is putting her toe in the water so when the time comes she will be the one.
I hope when the time comes, she will not get this interview at all.

I was put off by Oprah's interview with Shawn Hornbeck and his parents within days after he was found. Oprah went out of bounds on that interview, asking questions she had been told were off limits.

Most of the news program interviewers are too intrusive, asking questions they shouldn't be asking.

The only interviewer I like is Greta Van Susteran, because she asks a question and then lets the person talk, letting the person set the direction of the interview, and asking questions based on what the person says. Her line of questioning is not intrusive and Greta is patient. I've seen Greta interview crime victims and she lets them tell the story, with her only inquiring about something they've said. I'm sure we all remember her interview with George and Cindy Anthony, which was done in their home and not before a studio audience.

I don't feel that Jaycee should be interviewed until she's ready and wants to tell her story. I also think the two children should be left out of any interview to guard their privacy. It should be only Jaycee and her mother and perhaps her step-father and/or aunt, Tina. But, I'm concerned about who would be doing the interview.

Hi everyone, I'm new here. So glad I found this forum because I have so many questions and have been so interested in this story for some reason.

Anyway, I have been wondering when Jaycee is going to talk to the authorities about all that happened to her. There has been speculation about if she had more children, the backyard tent parties with strange men, if she lived in the house, etc. Jaycee seems to have a good memory of what happened so she should be able to answer all these questions and set everyone straight.

I don't mean holding a press conference -- obviously she doesn't want to be out in front of people -- but someone in LE could answer some questions based on talking with her.

JULIE

Hi Julie.....,,.welcome to Websleuths!

According to this week's National Enquirer, Jaycee was brought back to Antioch to meet with investigators at the Garrido house and show investigators where she lived and tell them what happened there - from the time she was kidnapped in 1991 until her release.

The article states she was brought in at night in an unmarked car, and had a psychologist at her side as she showed investigators around.

Here's a link to the full article................

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/jayc...elebrity/67289

This one brought me to tears. Jaycee tried to teach her children, but why didn't Nancy if she thought of them as family? Nancy is an educated woman but it looks like young Jaycee was left to care for the girls.

I don't understand who lived in the tents. It appears it was all three, but PG said Jaycee's children slept in his arms every night from the time they were born. Maybe he slept in the tents, too - it was reported that he was living in the next door neighbors shed for awhile, so it's possible.

I know Jaycee is a hero...:beats: :beats: :beats: :beats:

I think he lied a lot, so whatever he said :puke: and maybe the girls also slept indoors;

But I think they lived in the tents. Jaycee went back with the police to show them exactly
where they slept and where she gave birth and where anything that happened during the 18 years
when and where..... she told them a lot....and she cried a lot which is good too.

Yes it is sad :( and now ? Oprah want an interview.. wasn't she a victim once?
shouldn't she be more protective and sensitive? :furious:
Jaycee Lee Dugard to tell story of life with paedophile Phillip Garrido on Oprah Winfrey

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...lip-garrido-on-oprah-winfrey-115875-21669885/

JULIE

:newbie::newbie::Welcome-12-june:
I see Leila answered you :)
But keep on asking someone here will always give you an answer. :)

I was put off by Oprah's interview with Shawn Hornbeck and his parents within days after he was found. Oprah went out of bounds on that interview, asking questions she had been told were off limits.

Most of the news program interviewers are too intrusive, asking questions they shouldn't be asking.

The only interviewer I like is Greta Van Susteran, because she asks a question and then lets the person talk, letting the person set the direction of the interview, and asking questions based on what the person says. Her line of questioning is not intrusive and Greta is patient. I've seen Greta interview crime victims and she lets them tell the story, with her only inquiring about something they've said. I'm sure we all remember her interview with George and Cindy Anthony, which was done in their home and not before a studio audience.

I don't feel that Jaycee should be interviewed until she's ready and wants to tell her story.
I also think the two children should be left out of any interview to guard their privacy.
It should be only Jaycee and her mother and perhaps her step-father and/or aunt, Tina.
But, I'm concerned about who would be doing the interview.

Everyone is so about their ratings, and selling their darn tabloids. She can not be ready at all.
IMPOSIBLE.
I think this girl needs to remain anonymous, for a long time or else she will be hounded
forever by the media.
I really don't even think she should be on Greta, or even not Diane Sawyer who is really genteel.
I am curious about many things too, but my curiosity is not more important then her well being
or her safety.

I know Jaycee is a hero...:beats: :beats: :beats: :beats:

I think he lied a lot, so whatever he said :puke: and maybe the girls also slept indoors;

But I think they lived in the tents. Jaycee went back with the police to show them exactly
where they slept and where she gave birth and where anything that happened during the 18 years
when and where..... she told them a lot....and she cried a lot which is good too.

Yes it is sad :( and now ? Oprah want an interview.. wasn't she a victim once?
shouldn't she be more protective and sensitive? :furious:
Jaycee Lee Dugard to tell story of life with paedophile Phillip Garrido on Oprah Winfrey

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...lip-garrido-on-oprah-winfrey-115875-21669885/

I'm both surprised and not surprised at the same time. Not surprised, as Oprah was quoted as wanting this interview more than she's wanted any other interview, but surprised that the interview is in December. That's very soon. I had expected it to be delayed until sometime much later.

I'm both surprised and not surprised at the same time. Not surprised, as Oprah was quoted as wanting this interview more than she's wanted any other interview, but surprised that the interview is in December. That's very soon. I had expected it to be delayed until sometime much later.

I was also surprised, but I'm confident Jaycee has excellent moral and psychological support to make sure the time is right. I hope that Oprah doesn't do the interview live or in front of an audience - surely she won't.

I think all the media should give Jaycee and her family time to heal. When she's ready she will tell the world her story. Bless your heart Jaycee, you are a strong you lady.:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana
Back