How will Jaycee heal?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm both surprised and not surprised at the same time. Not surprised, as Oprah was quoted as wanting this interview more than she's wanted any other interview, but surprised that the interview is in December. That's very soon. I had expected it to be delayed until sometime much later.

It would be hard to turn down a million dollars.

I hope she is doing this because she wants to tell the truth about these events and not because she feels she must do so for the money.

Pointless threat -- but Oprah better exhibit some dignity and compassion for what this young woman has gone through or I'll write to every sponsor she has and vehemently complain. Even Oprah must recognize boundries.

I have never liked Oprah since she seems so phoney and goes along with either what's all about her or what's going on at the time. If Jaycee does decide to do an interview, I hope she asks for tons of money. She does have herself and two daughters to think of. If rocks stars and celebrities can make money, then a victim ought to be able to make enough to live a long time by granting the greed of certain media. Jaycee may decide to live on her own with her kids, so it could possibly help her out.

It would be hard to turn down a million dollars.

I hope she is doing this because she wants to tell the truth about these events and not because she feels she must do so for the money.

Pointless threat -- but Oprah better exhibit some dignity and compassion for what this young woman has gone through or I'll write to every sponsor she has and vehemently complain. Even Oprah must recognize boundries.

Actually I think they can get much more.
ONE MILLION is NOTHING -
After all it is 18 years of forced captivity.
This should be substantial amount and for the interview the girls should be not identifiable for their own protection, maybe behind a sheer Vail curtain or from behind trees but not identifiable. I think their privacy is so important in order for them to have a nice life. JMO

As far as we know, the girls are not victims of criminal acts, only Jaycee is. They have been traumatized, but it is because their world has been turned upside down. There is no reason for the girls to appear anywhere. I think if Jaycee appears on one of these shows, it would be with her mom and sister. I don't think (or at least would hope not) that the two kids would be included.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Jaycee telling her story publicly, its going to come out in the trial anyway, so she may as well make some money from it. I don't think the financial aspect should be ignored btw. Allthough we might be offended by the commercial side of it, the fact remains that both Jaycee and her kids have very limited education and are likely poorly socialized, and that is going to adversely affect their ability to support themselves in the years to come. They are going to have added bills to pay in the form of counciling and supplemental education. The Probyns don't look like they have a ton of cash, so how would all this be paid for? How are the girls going to earn a living? There is not going to be someone taking care of them forever. Our sensibilities should not be a reason to compromise their material future.

I think doing a couple of interviews for large amounts of cash would take care of their financial situation for a very long time. It would have the added benefit of getting the media hunting for information off their backs and allow them to get back to some sort of normal life.

I think the main danger is that they could become corrupted by fame due to their celebrity status. I would hate to see them end up like that Austrian girl who made the mistake of staying in the public eye beyond her time.

I am new to the forum so forgive me on getting on the topic late - but I am glad that JayCee has been found, in my mind I thought she was no longer with us and when the news broke that she had been found I thought it was a false alarm.

I hope she recovers well along with her children.

As far as we know, the girls are not victims of criminal acts, only Jaycee is. They have been traumatized, but it is because their world has been turned upside down. There is no reason for the girls to appear anywhere. I think if Jaycee appears on one of these shows, it would be with her mom and sister. I don't think (or at least would hope not) that the two kids would be included.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Jaycee telling her story publicly, its going to come out in the trial anyway, so she may as well make some money from it. I don't think the financial aspect should be ignored btw. Allthough we might be offended by the commercial side of it, the fact remains that both Jaycee and her kids have very limited education and are likely poorly socialized, and that is going to adversely affect their ability to support themselves in the years to come. They are going to have added bills to pay in the form of counciling and supplemental education. The Probyns don't look like they have a ton of cash, so how would all this be paid for? How are the girls going to earn a living? There is not going to be someone taking care of them forever. Our sensibilities should not be a reason to compromise their material future.

I think doing a couple of interviews for large amounts of cash would take care of their financial situation for a very long time. It would have the added benefit of getting the media hunting for information off their backs and allow them to get back to some sort of normal life.

I think the main danger is that they could become corrupted by fame due to their celebrity status. I would hate to see them end up like that Austrian girl who made the mistake of staying in the public eye beyond her time.

Thank you for the post, you make some good points.

She will make money and a book, and a movie too....
Rightfully so...
BUT for her well being it is best she remains anonymous, and not visible, the paparazzi is a killer, it will turn them into a mad circus with all the gawkers, and insensitive people.
NOT safe, not a good idea. IF she selects to tell her story on TV she needs to be kept in the shadows so that we can not see her.
Am I curious too, you bet...Do I care about her safety and well being first You bet.

]As far as we know[/B], the girls are not victims of criminal acts, only Jaycee is. They have been traumatized, but it is because their world has been turned upside down. There is no reason for the girls to appear anywhere. I think if Jaycee appears on one of these shows, it would be with her mom and sister. I don't think (or at least would hope not) that the two kids would be included.

<<<SNIP>>>

AS FAR AS WE KNOW are the operative words. We actually don't know!
The truth is it is not our business either, because it is a privet matter, and they will work it out.
the world does not need a window into every part of their lives.

The way I see it he kept them in the back yard like animals. Called Child neglect. They thought Jaycee was their sister, so IMO he ripped them off a MOM as well.
That is enough for me t know. SO...From what I know now He is a guilty as sin. He harmed them all in different ways.
What we do not know is if he sexually harmed them, but that is like I said more then we need to know. Jaycee deserves some dignity.

Actually I think they can get much more.
ONE MILLION is NOTHING -
After all it is 18 years of forced captivity.
This should be substantial amount and for the interview the girls should be not identifiable for their own protection, maybe behind a sheer Vail curtain or from behind trees but not identifiable. I think their privacy is so important in order for them to have a nice life. JMO

A million for each year, but really ,who can put a monetary value on the loss of all those years. What she might have been, who knows, but I can tell you one thing, I have extreme faith she will beats the odds. She already has.

What a testament of strength.

Everytime I come to WS and read up on her I remind myself not to complain for the day.

AS FAR AS WE KNOW are the operative words. We actually don't know!

The way I see it he kept them in the back yard like animals. Called Child neglect. They thought Jaycee was their sister, so IMO he ripped them off a MOM as well.
That is enough for me t know. SO...From what I know now He is a guilty as sin. He harmed them all in different ways.
What we do not know is if he sexually harmed them, but that is like I said more then we need to know. Jaycee deserves some dignity.

Yes. Thank you. They were living in a place that has been CONDEMNED. Children are taken away by CPS for far, far less.

How will Jaycee heal?

I don't think anyone could ever totally heal from such a horriffic crime. Down the road many years from now she may appear healed on the outside but on the inside no. I truely feel so sorry for her.
Does anyone else remember a case like this where the women had been held under the bed in a box at first and I think when she was taken he had made a box to fit over her head? I read the book but for the life of me I cannot remember what the name of the book is or who she is or who did it to her.

Bless your heart Jaycee....you are doing a great job keeping yourself and your girls out of the whole media thing. when you do tell us your story... it's going to touch the world. i do not know you but, i love you.

I am new to the forum so forgive me on getting on the topic late - but I am glad that JayCee has been found, in my mind I thought she was no longer with us and when the news broke that she had been found I thought it was a false alarm.

I hope she recovers well along with her children.

Realist, I think by this time most had given up on her being alive. She has indeed beat the odds. BTW welcome to WS. Glad to see you posting.

When this case first opened, someone expressed a concern here on the forum about any pets that might have been left behind on the property.

KRON reported tonight that the pets are safe and being taken care of by Contra Costa County Animal Services. They include 5 cats, 2 dogs, a bird and a mouse. Jaycee and her daughters will be reunited with their pets in the near future.

When this case first opened, someone expressed a concern here on the forum about any pets that might have been left behind on the property.

KRON reported tonight that the pets are safe and being taken care of by Contra Costa County Animal Services. They include 5 cats, 2 dogs, a bird and a mouse. Jaycee and her daughters will be reunited with their pets in the near future.

That is JUST GREAT. :woohoo: I had thought the worst, that the animals would be euthanized, but now my faith in humanity is restored . . . just a bit!!! I am sure that these animals will be such a help in healing Jaycee and her daughters.

Just found the story online:

Animal Services Caring for More Than a Dozen of Jaycee Dugard's Pets
Created by Kimberlee Sakamoto on 9/16/2009 6:12:00 PM

Contra Costa County Animal Services is caring for five cats, two dogs, three cockatiels, a pigeon and a mouse confiscated from the home where kidnap victim Jaycee Dugard spent the past 18 years.

[snip]

Anderson said Dugard and her daughters, through a liaison, have made clear they are interested in getting their pets back, although there is no time frame yet for when that might happen.

[snip]

Full story at Link

:dance: :dance: NO OPRAH INTERVIEW:dance: :dance:

GREAT NEWS....I am happy about this....:dance:

Jaycee Lee Dugard NOT Doing 'Oprah Winfrey Show'

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00027267.html

great news.
i never have been a big fan of oprah but this made her seem like a vulture to me. god give jaycee some time and space. in time she might be ready to tell us her story.

Me too :woohoo: about getting the pets back!!! This will be a huge component of their healing, no doubt about it.

New Life of Lake Tahoe Kidnapping Victim Is Different Than Most Would Expect
South Lake Tahoe girl Jaycee Lee Dugard has been staying at an undisclosed location with her daughters and family since her release from 18 years of captivity. Now, her stepfather, Carl Probyn, is speaking out on what has been happening to her now that she is away from Phillip and Nancy Garrido, who are charged with kidnapping and raping Dugard.

Probyn says that Dugard's exposure to the outside world is still extremely limited, as officials do not want her memory to be tainted by the media. Therefore, she is not allowed to watch TV, read a newspaper, or listen to the radio. In addition, law enforcement authorities are debriefing her so she has the proper information. Probyn also says that Dugard and her daughters, Angel and Starlit, are "going a little stir crazy," but they will stay in hiding for as long as necessary so they can deal with their ordeal in the healthiest way possible.

http://www.theskichannel.com/news/s...g-Victim-Is-Different-Than-Most-Would-Expect-

I imagine one could go stir crazy, and since they cant watch TV and be subjected to all that news.
I wonder how long they can keep them indoors.
They better get them a farm somewhere where the girls can go out and nobody will know who lives there.
Seems to me Some movie stars find privacy...Why cant they find a place that is privet enough to give them
some animals and allow them to get outside some.?
HOW LONG CAN THIS GO ON, THIS WAY? :( :( :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana
Back