How will Jaycee heal?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello all and good morning (it is morning here). Just a thought about Jaycee changing the girls' names. On the birth certificate, one girl kept her name (I believe it was Angel) and the other girl changed her name or was named something entirely different to what she was called (I believe it was starlit). I think it was the same one who also received a middle name.

Ok for those curious on why I think this. Was the month of birth. You could see that the month and just slightly look at the blacked out name and it looks to me like Angel. But this is all just a guess.

So was that news article saying that the names are going to be different than what is on the birth certificates? Or did they just make an error?

Hello all and good morning (it is morning here). Just a thought about Jaycee changing the girls' names. On the birth certificate, one girl kept her name (I believe it was Angel) and the other girl changed her name or was named something entirely different to what she was called (I believe it was starlit). I think it was the same one who also received a middle name.

Ok for those curious on why I think this. Was the month of birth. You could see that the month and just slightly look at the blacked out name and it looks to me like Angel. But this is all just a guess.

So was that news article saying that the names are going to be different than what is on the birth certificates? Or did they just make an error?
I read a news report that both girls named were changed by Jaycee because Garrido had picked the names Angel & Starlit. I hope this is true!

I don't know what's true and what isn't. A few weeks ago the state of California released the info that the girls had gotten birth certificates back in November. Media all over the country reported that ONE of the girls had a different name on her birth certificate than what was previously reported -thankfully they w/held what her name on th BC was.

Then last week came reports that Jaycee had both the girls names changed because of Garrido was the one who had given them the names Starlit and Angel. I have no idea if that is true or not but if it is true that it was PG who gave them those names I certainly applaud them being changed.

On the birth certificates the last names are clearly Dugard not Garrido. They just name him as the father.

If she has decided to change their first names from what are now on the birth certificates, it is easy to do in California.

On the birth certificates the last names are clearly Dugard not Garrido. They just name him as the father.

If she has decided to change their first names from what are now on the birth certificates, it is easy to do in California.

Thanks but I know of many that do not name a father on the BC.
SO I don't know if she did or did not do that.
But I am glad she did change thier names. :)

According to the press reports that came out on the release of the birth certificates Garrido is listed as the father. It's believe that that will also aid in establishing time lines for the prosecution if this goes to court

If PG can't dispute the DOB's then he doesn't have any defense because both girls were born before JC was able to consent on the BC's. With his priors, statutory rape alone would put PG behind bars for LWOP and then the prosecution doesn't need to attempt to work out a deal for NG's (who deserves LWOP too) testimony.

If PG can't dispute the DOB's then he doesn't have any defense because both girls were born before JC was able to consent on the BC's. With his priors, statutory rape alone would put PG behind bars for LWOP and then the prosecution doesn't need to attempt to work out a deal for NG's (who deserves LWOP too) testimony.
I've said this before too!

I expect that she would have to name the father, since she knew who it was and was expected to testify to that fact in the trial. She could hardly claim she didn't know for the birth certificate and then turn around and say it was so in the trial. Doing so would open a gap in her credibility for the defense to exploit.

It's not like she's gonna be going after him for child support.:rolleyes:

According to the press reports that came out on the release of the birth certificates Garrido is listed as the father. It's believe that that will also aid in establishing time lines for the prosecution if this goes to court

The birth certificates can't be used to prove the timelines since they were issued after the charges were made. You can't use the allegation as proof that the allegation is true (which is what using the BCs as evidence would amount to).

The birth certificates can't be used to prove the timelines since they were issued after the charges were made. You can't use the allegation as proof that the allegation is true (which is what using the BCs as evidence would amount to).
I think I read that the BC's were given after the fact, as an exception to California law. My own daughter's was re-issued 10 days late, because someone spilled coffee on it in the hospital.

They can be issued after the fact, since you need them for identification purposes, but they won't be able to use them in trial since they are based on the same allegation that is being used in the charges. Unless there is some independent corroboration of course (I doubt there is) in which case you wouldn't need the BCs anyway.

It's the same sort of thing as applying for a loan, you can't use the money you want to borrow as collateral.

I think I read that the BC's were given after the fact, as an exception to California law. My own daughter's was re-issued 10 days late, because someone spilled coffee on it in the hospital.
I think he meant the BC can not be used as a time line since it was recently issued and that is correct.
They can not be used as a time line.
However if the BC of Angel puts JC at age 11 when Angel was conceived and the other BC puts JC at age 14 when she was conceived - that is a time line.

Not even if it puts the girls BD on it and that would put the conception date for JC at age 3 or 14 UNDERAGE.....:waitasec:
I dont think you are corect here.

i really dont get all this stat rape garbage anyways........she was a kidnapping victim for 7 years before she was able to consent, and by garrido's on stupid claims says he never had 'sex'' with her after she was 17

so he's saying the youngest girl was born when jaycee was 17....these are his own words. he's putting his own nails in his coffin. we dont have to sit here and debate rape, or state rape.

They can be issued after the fact, since you need them for identification purposes, but they won't be able to use them in trial since they are based on the same allegation that is being used in the charges. Unless there is some independent corroboration of course (I doubt there is) in which case you wouldn't need the BCs anyway.

I think they will be used to support Jaycee's testimony. The birth certificates are basically Jaycee's statement that the girls were "fathered" by Garrido, and that they were conceived when she was thirteen and sixteen years old.

I think they will be used to support to Jaycee's testimony. The birth certificates are basically Jaycee's statement that the girls were "fathered" by Garrido, and that they were conceived when she was thirteen and sixteen years old.

They can't be used to support her testimony because they were issued on the basis of the same testimony. They only way they could be used like that is if there was some independent corroboration of the facts stated in them, which, as I said earlier, I don't believe there is.

They can't be used to support her testimony because they were issued on the basis of the same testimony. They only way they could be used like that is if there was some independent corroboration of the facts stated in them, which, as I said earlier, I don't believe there is.

Admittedly, I don't know very much about what types of evidence are allowed in court, but do you have any documentation or examples to support this? Even if they can't use the birth certificates, I don't think they'll have much trouble proving that the kids were fathered by Garrido when Jaycee was underage. For one, they'll have Jaycee's testimony, and secondly, DNA will likely be used to prove parentage. Not only that, but doctors who've examined the girls will be able to corroborate Jaycee's testimony regarding the girls' ages.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back