Huge Fire In Malibu (ca) *merged threads*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that map too - I just can't believe it. It's too huge an area to evacuate all of it - that's just tons of houses.

It's shocking it might reach Solana Beach, but I can see if it's following some of the wildlife zones to the lagoon - that's less shocking.

Our escondido poster just got the reverse 911 standby to evacuate phone call.

Are you people going to go on and on about these fires all day?

Haven't you heard? Professor Dumbledore is GAY!!!!!

Are you people going to go on and on about these fires all day?

Haven't you heard? Professor Dumbledore is GAY!!!!!

Well, obviously, the books will have to be banned from schools. Wonder if anyone out there will agree with me?

:doh: :D

OMG, This is just unbelievable. It is so windy at my house, it's scary. It's just a fog of dirt! :( Be safe everyone!!

Details,
Can you repost the link to the map? It didn't work for me either.
Prayers to all affected by the fires.

I didn't know Camp Pendleton was on fire. That can hit Oceanside or San Clemente.

Here is the latest on the Oc fire..getting worse:

Wildfire: The latest on the Santiago fire

• <LI class=style6>Firefighters have ordered mandatory evacuations in Foothill Ranch, on La Solita, La Perla, Pandale and Calle Cabrillo. - 2:56 p.m.
    <LI class=style6>A dozen Orange County fire stations cannot respond to any calls right now because they have sent their equipment to the Santiago Fire lines. The Fire Authority is working with fire commanders in Malibu to get back three fire engines it had earlier sent to those fire lines. - 2:48 p.m.
    <LI class=style6>Firefighters say the Santiago Fire is threatening the Portola Hills and Foothills Ranch communities of Lake Forest after jumping fire lines this afternoon. The fire is blowing south-southeast. - 2:44 p.m.
  • The Santiago Fire has nearly doubled in size since this morning and is now estimated at 15,000 acres, according to the latest update from the Orange County Fire Authority. The fire is still only about 30 percent contained. - 2:40 p.m.
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/sections/news/firecentral/

I just can't believe this. Its like something you see in a movie. My question is where are people supposed to evacuate to when everywhere is on fire? I'm praying for you people.
As of about 2 hours agao my friend in Highland was fine,but who knows now.

I just can't believe this. Its like something you see in a movie. My question is where are people supposed to evacuate to when everywhere is on fire? I'm praying for you people.
As of about 2 hours agao my friend in Highland was fine,but who knows now.
I have been watching HIghland. It is being used as an evacuation site. The fire is really up the mountain about 20-30 minutes by car..but still. It must not be blowing down that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NVWoman