Human Remains/Blue Barrel

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew's experience would provide him with knowledge in "how to dispose of a body" that certainly would be better than dumping it on top of the ground.

Point well taken. Butttttt, our killers do the dumbest things. Scott disposing of Lacy right where he launched and claimed to go fishing. But I agee, Drew should be much smarter than that, and his on camera smugness tells me we may never find her. I really really was hoping it was Stacy or Lisa, but their probably buried somewhere. Poor family.

I wish they would release details as to why Stacy was excluded. I believe it isn't her, but would like more information so we can figure out possibly WHO this woman could be.

It is so frustrating to know that so many women are dumped like garbage that we have to wait for two days to find out who they rule out!!! How can there BE THAT MANY?!?! GRRRR!!!
I agree with you. It's so disgusting that just in that small area we can name off the top of our heads two missing woman that found body could be. God bless her and her family, whoever she is.

I have been busy this morning and wonder have we had a definite pronouncement on whether they determined it was not Stacy?

Wonder IF they can determine time of death for a frozen body?

IF WE knew when the body died, then maybe maybe could figger out who was missing about that time.

camper:

Yes, definately NOT Stacy from latest reports. Still no word from any of Stacy's family members or their spokesperson Sharon. That puzzles me, as I would have thought they would have made a official announcement themselves.

It's afternoon here (3:37 p.m.) in Ohio, so I am assuming they are working on the autopsy now in Chicago.

camper:

Yes, definately NOT Stacy from latest reports. Still no word from any of Stacy's family members or their spokesperson Sharon. That puzzles me, as I would have thought they would have made a official announcement themselves.

It's afternoon here (3:37 p.m.) in Ohio, so I am assuming they are working on the autopsy now in Chicago.

--->>>Thanks!!

Wonder IF they can determine time of death for a frozen body?

I am not 100% sure if they can or can't. Frozen may be a whole different area than what we experienced.

I do know this. My BIL went missing on Oct. 28 2007. His body was found in a field late in the afternoon of Oct. 30,2007. Since we knew when he was last seen, and it was a suicide we kinda already knew that the time of death was sometime in the early morning hours of oct. 28th.

The medical examiner would NOT give us an 'official time of death because that weekend the chicago area had such a wide range of temps. Fairly warm durning the day but really cold at night. Therefore, he gave me at GUESS of 2am on the 28th.

Officially BIL's death cert. states the time and date of death as the time the ME arrived on the scene of where he was found.

Nothing that Drew Peterson or his attorney does makes sense to me. Their thought processes are alien to normal people.

I just go back to Joel Brodsky's insistence that the found body was NOT Stacey...and he "guaranteed it". Why would he be so sure unless he had other information?

I agree. Joel Brodsky may not know the details, but knows enough to be able to state that he can guarantee that the body found is not Stacy. DP may have told Brodsky that he did kill Stacy, but didn't give any details as to where he put the body. All Brodsky has to do is pick up the phone and ask DP, "Is this body going to turn out to be Stacy?" DP says, "No way, not a chance" and that's good enough for Brodsky to go on national television and guarantee it isn't Stacy.

i have been thinking about this case for a while but now i am concerned about people who live in illinois as it looks like illinois as a serial killer on the loose and its just strange that lisa stebic and stacy peterson both live within a 15 miles zone from each other and there are other cases of girls going missing back to 1990 which they have never been found or anyone been charged with those cases is the same person who as done this before as now started to kill again after all serial killers never stop killing unless they have been in prison or have been trying to stop they urges to strike out.

gidget:
I am so sorry to hear that you lost your beloved by suicide. :blowkiss:

Suicide leaves so much to the ones that loved that person with so many questions and what if's.

Definately the temp's not only in Chicago but even here have been above temp. There have been some days where it has gotten very cold and I guess a body could have gotten frozen.

The ME might not get the date of death to a tee, but I think once they know WHO the person is, and gather any information on when they went missing, they might come up with an estimation of death time.

martin:

That is a possibility except for the fact that both husbands of these women have enough circumstantial evidence that leads to them being the cause of their respective wive's demise.

Who are all these girls going back to 1990 that you are referring to?

I feel so badly for Stacy's family and friends. Within a week 2 female bodies found in water in the Chicago area and then her birthday was inbetween. It must be so hard on them to go through the waiting. Then to experience 2 times a week apart the possiblity that she has been found must be gut wrenching. Prayers for Stacy's family and friends. Prayers for the lady's family also. I hope they can ID her quickly and let that family have some closure and peace.

Jul 08,1995 Stephanie C Gibson - Missing Person - Peoria, Illinois

Jun 02,1989 Penny Dawn Lease - Missing Person - Champaign, Illinois

Apr 03,2002 Janice Kay Matney - Missing Person - Ottawa, IL

May 20,1993 Stacey J Morrison - Missing Person - Peoria, Illinois

Apr 01,1994 Cheryl L Murray - Missing Person - Peoria, Illinois

Sep 17,1990 Melissa Ann Page - Missing Person - Lockport, Illinois

Nov 03,1994 Loretta L Tinkham - Missing Person - Peoria, Illinois

these are other missing women who have never been found or no one been charged.

also evidence against both husbands may not be enough as this is just rumour that the media have released not police who are holding things back due to them thinking the same and that is 2 women go missing with 7 months of each other and within a 15 miles zone and other factors in this case it looks like a serial killer out there in illinois.

Delta:

My sentiments exactly. If I feel I have been emotionally wrentched today....................I can't even imagine what it must have been for Stacy's family or other families that are missing loved ones. I see martin has posted quite a few females who are missing from the area.

While I feel IMO that DP had something to do with Stacy's disappearance and ditto for Lisa's husband, martin might be onto something for all the other disappearances. I for one, have not read any of the theads on the listed females he posted.

Point well taken. Butttttt, our killers do the dumbest things. Scott disposing of Lacy right where he launched and claimed to go fishing. But I agee, Drew should be much smarter than that, and his on camera smugness tells me we may never find her. I really really was hoping it was Stacy or Lisa, but their probably buried somewhere. Poor family.

That is my thought, too... the man's actions speak of someone very confident in his existence and confident in their actions.

Jul 08,1995 Stephanie C Gibson - Missing Person - Peoria, Illinois

Jun 02,1989 Penny Dawn Lease - Missing Person - Champaign, Illinois

Apr 03,2002 Janice Kay Matney - Missing Person - Ottawa, IL

May 20,1993 Stacey J Morrison - Missing Person - Peoria, Illinois

Apr 01,1994 Cheryl L Murray - Missing Person - Peoria, Illinois

Sep 17,1990 Melissa Ann Page - Missing Person - Lockport, Illinois

Nov 03,1994 Loretta L Tinkham - Missing Person - Peoria, Illinois

these are other missing women who have never been found or no one been charged.

also evidence against both husbands may not be enough as this is just rumour that the media have released not police who are holding things back due to them thinking the same and that is 2 women go missing with 7 months of each other and within a 15 miles zone and other factors in this case it looks like a serial killer out there in illinois.

That list is not looking good for Peoria,Illinois: Missing female in 1993,two in 1994,and 1995.Four missing in three years,in the same area.Not good.

RE figuring time of death:

Think of freezing someone as kind of putting them in suspended animation... up to the point that the body reaches a frozen level, regular decomp will have progressed. They will try to figure out how long into decomp the body was before it hit the frozen state, and then try to figure out how long the body was frozen. Mind you, in most cases freezing doesn't truly suspend things, it just slows decomp wayyyyyyyyyy down, and freezing has its own marking decomp, as well. They will probably be able to figure out the time span to a certain degree... taking into consideration not only the decomping done, non-frozen and frozen, but also the body location, weather, etc, etc, etc.

Think of it as a very intricate calculus problem... the answer is there... just a ton of factors have to be considered.

Well Elphaba, that explains why I am not a Coroner!!! Calculus was never my strong suit and to this day............still don't get it!!!

Sounds like any hypothesis of COD or TOD won't be coming in until tomorrow or the next day on these remains. I'm assuming the who wouldn't be known unless they have some type of identity on hand at the Coroner's Office, (i.e. dna, dental, etc.)

I am just now getting my computer back up and running. Have you all discussed the fact that DP walked off on a show with Shep Smith from Fox yesterday when Shep asked about the Blue Barrel?

To me this is so telling. When it comes to any questions re: the timeline, the blue barrel, ect. he acts so insulted. The problem with this is that if he had an answer to any of those questions why wouldn't he be shouting them from the rooftops??

Something is going on in Illinois! The grand jury in NC has already indited and charged Ceasar Lauren. Why can't Illinois at least do that in Kathy Savio's death??

They have her body!:furious:

I am just now getting my computer back up and running. Have you all discussed the fact that DP walked off on a show with Shep Smith from Fox yesterday when Shep asked about the Blue Barrel?

To me this is so telling. When it comes to any questions re: the timeline, the blue barrel, ect. he acts so insulted. The problem with this is that if he had an answer to any of those questions why wouldn't he be shouting them from the rooftops??

Something is going on in Illinois! The grand jury in NC has already indited and charged Ceasar Lauren. Why can't Illinois at least do that in Kathy Savio's death??

They have her body!:furious:

Hi CC. I think the GJ will indict him, I believe they are still hearing evidence/arguments.

Regarding the Blue Barrel, I believe it is a red herring. I also believe that he is not willing to discuss it on camera to keep it "mysterious" and to keep the focus on that line of investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member