DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an FYI, the following airports are closed:

Corpus Christi, TX (KCRP)
Port Lavaca, TX (KPKV)
Victoria, TX (KVCT)

Dallas is operating with no delays; Houston is experiencing roughly 30-minute delays of arrival aircraft.

I'm hoping needed supplies and manpower can be brought in without too many delays.

[video=twitter;901600143639801857]https://twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/901600143639801857[/video]

[video=twitter;901604402234101760]https://twitter.com/mattlanza/status/901604402234101760[/video]

[video=twitter;901606691686502400]https://twitter.com/wdsu/status/901606691686502400[/video]

[video=twitter;901609964338388992]https://twitter.com/mikeseidel/status/901609964338388992[/video]

alright peeps - I am exhausted. I was just outside shaking my head - the moon is peeking through, the clouds are flat, softly spiraled but not boiled up in fury. the lights are on and the kids are playing outside... Far different than last night at this time. There's a metaphor in there - the difference a day makes. My heart bleeds for the folks whose work has just begun, but please remember, the storm breaks, we pick up, and we move forward. I'll see y'all tomorrow. G'bless all of you, and G'bless Texas!

Peace

BFMD
(for the last time my location: Northwest Corpus Christi, northwestern NUECES county, Texas, USA)

BFMD, you must be running on caffeine! Rest easy tonight my friend. I lost my connection again, so not sure what is going on. I'm going to check out too. Spell, everybody, thanks for checking on us! :grouphug: Now for those affected to begin to rebuild, a long road ahead. With a little help from our friends, we will be just fine I think! :eek:fftobed:

After a relatively calm day with just sporadic rains, we're in the heavy band, pouring like cats and dogs. The drains are keeps water from rising but the louder than necessary Uverse alerts are going off left and right, flash flood warning here, tornado warning there (and each one gets two alerts a few minutes apart).

Why AT&T can't cut the audio (which customers can't control) and just give us a crawl is beyond me. But anyway, lots of water coming down but doing okay.

Sleep well, BFMD and Boots!

I say one thing after reading this thread I'm never going to complain about the Scottish weather again the worst thing it has caused me is a vitamin d deficiency due to the lack of sunshine.

I'm still praying for everyone affected by Harvey all animals included now and in the days ahead.

3 1/2" an hour, bayous are filling up and spilling over, backyard is rising, drains can't keep up with this inundation, yikes, it's getting worrisome.

BFMD, you must be running on caffeine! Rest easy tonight my friend. I lost my connection again, so not sure what is going on. I'm going to check out too. Spell, everybody, thanks for checking on us! :grouphug: Now for those affected to begin to rebuild, a long road ahead. With a little help from our friends, we will be just fine I think! :eek:fftobed:

we love all of you, so we have to keep checking to make sure you are all safe, at the very least. No need for thanks. Lean on us for all support you need and we will do our best to help you through whatever comes. And should my turn come for needing support, I know who will be there first --- my WS peeps!

Good night, Boots. I hope you and the rest will sleep a bit easier tonight, See you tomorrow. :hug:

Good night BFMD and geevee. :bed: (Wear your undies to bed ... mamas always say do not get caught in a tornado without 'em).

After a relatively calm day with just sporadic rains, we're in the heavy band, pouring like cats and dogs. The drains are keeps water from rising but the louder than necessary Uverse alerts are going off left and right, flash flood warning here, tornado warning there (and each one gets two alerts a few minutes apart).

Why AT&T can't cut the audio (which customers can't control) and just give us a crawl is beyond me. But anyway, lots of water coming down but doing okay.

Sleep well, BFMD and Boots!

glad you are still doing reasonably well, geevee. We are close to the town's sirens here and they can be quite loud and overbearing at times. But I have come to appreciate them sometimes, and ignore them at others. Crossed fingers here that all stays better than expected through the night ahead.

I say one thing after reading this thread I'm never going to complain about the Scottish weather again the worst thing it has caused me is a vitamin d deficiency due to the lack of sunshine.

I'm still praying for everyone affected by Harvey all animals included now and in the days ahead.

I know, gregjr. I am so grateful to Michigan weather, despite the "minor" floods and little tornadoes, and the freezing cold, and abundance of snow, and even the heat of summer. A broken branch here and there I can handle. Devastation to my home or lives, snakes and gators and fire-ants..... no thanks.

Be well, get some rest, and come back tomorrow to check in. I am :eek:fftobed: too

3 1/2" an hour, bayous are filling up and spilling over, backyard is rising, drains can't keep up with this inundation, yikes, it's getting worrisome.

Oh no..... prayers and hopes it can slow down

Bless you BFMD, and the rest of you impacted by this hurricane. Prayers to you and your families!

Oh no..... prayers and hopes it can slow down

Thanks Spellbound, the band is finally moving past us but the street out front (which usually drains extremely well) is flooded to the sidewalks, backyard is a pool, I hope we don't get any more tonight so everything can drain off, goodness this is rather scary.

A Flash Flood Emergency has been issued and Houston's mayor is setting up a command post in Meyerland, bayous are close or coming out of their banks, I fear there will be many flooded homes by morning.

And people are still out driving in this mess, underpasses are very dangerous.

NO EXCUSE for that! So unfair. Where's the compassion that helps people through this?

ETA: Please keep checking http://www.weather.gov/hgx/ This website will give you the best visual "summary" of watches and warnings. Several tornado warnings have come and gone; they keep popping up. Same with flash flood warnings. The Weather Channel has too many adds floating around, and you need several clicks to get the info. you want.[/QU

Reminding me of Frances just goes on and on and on

While I'm grateful my kids are in Florida and not affected by Harvey my heart goes out to all WS members (and allTexans!) who are in its path. I went through Andrew in 1992 and I still remember every terrifying minute.

Stay safe and thanks for checking in.

A storm chaser stopped for gas and a lost dog jumped into his vehicle. He tweeted out a video asking people to pass it around to help find his owners because he was on his way to get his dogs and couldn't keep him.(Dog is laying in the back seat looking sad/lonely/scared) Also, dog had no chip in him.

It appears he may have found his owner's and is on the way to take him there... on his next video he is driving and he calls the dog by his name, Cash, and the dog starts licking him on his face and neck. :loveyou::heartbeat::heartluv:

[video=twitter;901565764313993216]https://twitter.com/aaronjayjack/status/901565764313993216[/video]

oh look at the little baby doggies are the best !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtKnee