Hurricane Harvey - August 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's cooled off a great deal - we were miserably hot "la cunicula" in these parts - the dog days - averaging 100 degrees and just merciless sun - so we kind of expected something tropical would take advantage fit. It was quite doable and even pleasant earlier without power, but I did breath a huge sigh when we came back online and I heard all my AC units fire up (not to mention the fridges). Son was here and my husband asked him to see if the pool water felt colder - no, no it doesn't - remember the gulf waters were 90 degrees, so the energy and moisture Harvey sucked up on it's journey was very warm.

I heard Lufkin is fixing to get bonked - you in Piney Woods area? Be safe and watch those waters - don't even drive thru puddles!

Big my dear\\

Where are you from?

YOur writing is a hoot! "Bonked" cracks me up -- there have been others too

bonked !!

It also sounds like a funny word for drunk

Corpus Christi done and drying local tv station there!!

Houston tornado car with person in it flipped over no report on injury

Liquor store wrecked - bottles all over walls gone sitting there are two rows, with bottles all on the shelves untouched

was a bizarre sight

Not a Texan, but my BFF (actually my foster brother that I grew up with) has a second home @ Holiday Beach, Texas. Utter devastation everywhere. The pictures (texts) are just awful.

Pray for Texas. Direct hit from Harvey.

Sorry I missed this earlier Bravo! Just drizzling rain! Occasional thunder. Gray skies!

Moving one mph now

took him two weeks to get to Rockport

official landfall 10 08

12 inch rockport rain total

Corpus Christi done and drying local tv station there!!
What? I do understand autocorrect can make posts seem unreadable, but that is easy to fix, by editing. Why peeps keep posting inane things on this thread where people are dying/homesteads are lost is beyond me. Peace OUT. Going back to lurking and just praying.

edited out pics

omg I wish I hadn't seen those. :tears:

I just start at the top of a thread -- have been petrified they were gonna come up -- i would just scroll past real quick

and not look

Fine with true crime but babies cant do

One drowning fatality confirmed this evening in west Houston, as well as "a lot" of water rescues underway, according to Judge Ed Emmett (county commissioner's court) and KHOU. The band that was over us is now pouring on east Houston, a new band is forming and threatening to create more flooding.

OK did good made it by the doggies without seeing

And people are still out driving in this mess, underpasses are very dangerous.

Those underpasses are flash-flood death-traps.
What area of Houston are you in?
Anybody know about current conditions in Spring Branch, and also in Katy, please? Is power out?

Funny

Anchor for local tv out there they covered the Dairy Queen line!

She goes (and then paused) everyone loves their Blizzard!! ANd kinda caught herself

I'm in Guadalupe county. We are dealing with rain and wind from Harvey. From what I've seen on the weather reports we still have a week to go before it stops. Haven't had mandatory evacuations yet but they're coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those underpasses are flash-flood death-traps.
What area of Houston are you in?
Anybody know about current conditions in Spring Branch, and also in Katy, please? Is power out?

I'm about 15 miles or so east of Katy, we have had power throughout and I haven't heard of Katy losing power, they got this heavy rain band before us but the water here drained out once the band moved east.

Chad Meyers is an excellent meteorologist. Yes CARIIS he is with CNN LOL. He explains in layman terms. Also a small aircraft pilot. I have followed him since his early days with a Detroit news station.

!!

In my CNN days (!) I liked him too !!

When he goes off on his tirades you learn lots of interesting things!! Obviously have not seen in some time!!

After a relatively calm day with just sporadic rains, we're in the heavy band, pouring like cats and dogs. The drains are keeps water from rising but the louder than necessary Uverse alerts are going off left and right, flash flood warning here, tornado warning there (and each one gets two alerts a few minutes apart).

Why AT&T can't cut the audio (which customers can't control) and just give us a crawl is beyond me. But anyway, lots of water coming down but doing okay.

Sleep well, BFMD and Boots!

Tornado warning!? Oh no. Again, stay safe :grouphug: Please let us know how you are when you can!

I say one thing after reading this thread I'm never going to complain about the Scottish weather again the worst thing it has caused me is a vitamin d deficiency due to the lack of sunshine.

I'm still praying for everyone affected by Harvey all animals included now and in the days ahead.

Same here...from Washington state. Man, do I feel like a wimp after complaining about the rain here!

The newly formed band is now pouring on us. :(

Happy update about Otis the dog

"A dog that got loose during Hurricane Harvey has become a hero after a picture of him carrying a bag of dog food went viral.

German shepherd mix Otis, from Stinton, Texas, got loose during the hurricane on Friday night.

Salvador Segovia, 65, was watching Otis, his five-year-old grandson Carter's dog. Carter had fled the city because of the flooding."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-dog-food-Hurricane-Harvey.html#ixzz4qvaNcKjn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

<snipped for clarity>
When Ike hit we did receive a lot of wind damage. A couple I know who were already living in a trailer whose roof was already sort of caving in and was covered with a tarp went to FEMA and claimed Ike had damaged their trailer (NOT). FEMA official wrote them a $30,000 check. They didn't even spend it on their trailer or to get a new trailer. Bought 2 brand new vehicles and I know they spent more than $30,000 on the Ford and the corvette. I guess it's all about one's priorities. smh!

That's reprehensible.
I think I would have sent in a tip to FEMA, concerning fraud.
Anonymously, at least. (No good deed goes unpunished...)

"The mayor of a coastal Texas town says no one should consider visiting or returning due to the complete devastation wrought by Hurricane Harvey, it was reported on Saturday.

Charles Bujan, the mayor of Port Aransas, said that people are being urged to stay away until emergency crews can clean up leftover debris and wreckage, according to WTSP-TV.

Bujan said that there are search and rescue operations by emergency services underway to find people trapped by the water.

While the mayor provided an estimate of the number of human casualties, there is still no independent verification of these figures.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ays-hurricane-wiped-marina.html#ixzz4qvfaasjf

I hope and pray nobody was at the trailer park that took a 100% hit of the hurricane at the time.

I'm about 15 miles or so east of Katy, we have had power throughout and I haven't heard of Katy losing power, they got this heavy rain band before us but the water here drained out once the band moved east.

Thank you... I am not hearing back from family members - but the house tends to flood so they may be busy dealing with that.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member