Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter is in Valrico. : (

http://www.hcflgov.net/en/residents/public-safety/emergency-management/stay-safe

check flood zones: https://maps.hillsboroughcounty.org/HEAT/HEAT.html

Shelter Information:

Shelters are filling quickly; residents are encouraged not to wait if they think they will need to stay in one of these shelters during the storm.

Wharton High School, 20150 Bruce B. Downs in Tampa, has been added as a pet-friendly shelter.

These shelters are currently OPEN:

Barrington Middle School, 5925 Village Center Drive, Lithia (wheelchair-accessible)

Benito Middle School, 10101 Cross Creek Blvd., Tampa (wheelchair-accessible)

Bevis Elementary School, 5720 Osprey Ridge Drive, Lithia

Bloomingdale High School, 1700 East Bloomingdale Ave., Valrico

Cannella Elementary School, 10707 Nixon Road, Tampa

Carrollwood Elementary School, 3516 McFarland Rd., Tampa (wheelchair-accessible)

Chiles Elementary School, 16541 Tampa Palms Blvd. W, Tampa

Cimino Elementary School, 4329 Culbreath Road, Valrico

Collins Elementary School, 12424 Summerfield Blvd., Riverview

Cork Elementary School, 3501 N. Cork Rd., Plant City

Heritage Elementary School, 18201, East Meadows Road, Tampa

Knights Elementary School, 4815 N. Keene Road, Plant City

Lake Magdalene Elementary School, 2002 Pine Lake Drive, Tampa

Marshall Middle School, 18 South Maryland Ave., Plant City (wheelchair-accessible)

McKitrick Elementary School, 5503 Lutz Lake Fern Road, Lutz

McLane Middle School, 306 N. Knights Ave., Brandon

Mulrennan Middle School, 4215 Durant Road, Tampa (wheelchair-accessible)

Nelson Elementary School, 5413 Durant Road, Tampa

Newsome High School, 16510 Fish Hawk Blvd., Lithia (wheelchair-accessible)

Pride Elementary School, 18271 Kinnan St., Tampa

Riddick Elementary School, 325 West Lake Drive, Wimauma (wheelchair-accessible)

Stowers Elementary School, 13915 Barrington Stowers Drive, Lithia

Tomlin Middle School, 501 N. Woodrow Wilson, Plant City (wheelchair-accessible)

Turkey Creek Middle School, 5005 Turkey Creek Road, Plant City

Wharton High School, 20150 Bruce B. Downs, Tampa (pet-friendly) (wheelchair-accessible)

Wilson Elementary School, 702 English St., Plant City

Special-needs shelters are only for residents with medical issues that require electricity assistance or cognitive issues that would not be supported in a general population shelter.
Residents should bring only essential items including: blankets, sleeping bags, pillows, and air mattresses; clothing and toiletries; prescriptions; special dietary foods and favorite snacks; diapers, bottles, and other baby supplies; important paperwork in a waterproof container. Cards, books, and games can help pass the time, especially for young children.

Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority (HART) is running evacuation routes until 7 p.m. today. Visit Gohart.org for additional information.

Make sure to have a plan. Residents and visitors are encouraged to register for HCFL Alert, Hillsborough County's official public notification system for emergency and urgent alerts. To receive messages by email, phone, and text, go to HCFLGov.net/StaySafe. For more information, call (813) 272-5900.

Cariis - if I'm ever caught in a hurricane, I can't think of anyone I'd rather ride it out with than you! You're a hoot & a half!

humor and a full belly is good before being impaled by a tree!

i have been told I am hoot before -- its the manic brain you guys better watch out tho anxiety in combination with the brain might result in Hurricane CARIIS embedded in Irma !

Was calmer about an hour ago but to be hearing that flooding is starting tornados are happening power outages roaring and its 112 miles away from the keys is pretty intense

A fried has a generator for her reridges but I am telling myself she will not be ok with me crawling in the big one in the garage she will be upset !

I smoke she hates it so I have to go outside so I thought she wont know if I open it and let it cool me down but this will be a top secret mission and it contingent on not getting electrocuted driving over there atlk about heat ugh thats well done !

I hate it when I forget to get my heroin before the end of the world

I am here

[video=youtube;aXDKzccIOa0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXDKzccIOa0[/video]

believe it or not tornados are not all that common in landfalling hurricanes ( sometimes they find out they were some but they were imbeded in the bands

What zone is your daughter in?

A mandatory evac has been issued for Zone A, as well as for everyone in mobile homes in Hillsborough County.
Im not sure what zone she is in. Thankfully she isnt in a mobile home since they dont plan to evacuate.

Back in my early twenties, I lived in Tampa and had a food truck that I took to a Dunedin beach. When there was a lull in business and I felt like relaxing, the lifeguards would sit in the shade with me and play backgammon. At other times, when business was slow and I was motivated to make money, I threw some onions on the grill and, within minutes, I had a long line of hungry customers. Fond memories of days gone by.

Do we know if our Dunedin member has evacuated or is hunkering down?

Praying for safety for everyone.

You are not to be playing Chef Boy A Dee i knew before I tried to type that it was gonna be a bomb

I am changing this station he is on his 4 th scream of tornados in the last 15 minutes

CARIIS is so loved by so many here. Contributes so much. Even when the Lunesta kicks in. You know I luv u more than my luggage CARIIS.

CARIIS is so loved by so many here. Contributes so much. Even when the Lunesta kicks in. You know I luv u more than my luggage CARIIS.

More than your luggage when you are trying to flee a tornado? :lol:

I meant hurricane. I clearly cannot participate here and watch baseball.

KaaBoom - I think these are some of the wild chickens at Key West. It's possible (and probable) the person trying to rescue them didn't have access to poultry crates at the last minute. I think that person is just trying to make do with what's on hand and is trying to save as many of the wild Key West chickens as possible.

Chickens are not easy to transport. usually you only put 1-3 (maybe 4) together, or you have chickens pecking each other. I would much rather see them swaddled like this than end up with bloody or dead chickens from packing them together in crates or boxes. JMO

yes, these chickens are the free-roamers ... lots of stories about them can be found by searching. Here is one:

http://www.chron.com/national/article/Key-West-chickens-Hurricane-Irma-12180831.php
The number of known chickens running around the Keys is unknown. Amber, the woman who runs Key West Finest, told Chron.com that she estimates there are hundreds roaming around without owners. Encyclopedia Britannica estimates there are 2,000 to 3,000 chickens on the archipelago.

[video=twitter;906662570022633472]https://twitter.com/capitalweather/status/906662570022633472[/video]

[FONT=&quot]735p: [/FONT]#Irma[FONT=&quot]'s spiral bands walloping SE Fla. Multiple tornado warnings in effect.[/FONT]

not really sure that says much I have no emotional attachment to suitcases

you know I am being a smart *advertiser censored*!

Cheeky request alert.... does anyone fancy putting the list in south to north (ish) order pretty please? I have no idea who is due to get Irma'd first

Thinking about you all from little old England, where I really must stop grumbling about unseasonably grey skies and showers. Stay safe my friends

:uk::usa:

These are most of the coastal towns from south to north that may be affected by the eye of the storm:

1. Florida Keys, either Key West or Marathon or points in between.
2. Everglades City
3. Marco Island
4. Naples
5. Bonita Springs, Estero
6. Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Sanibel and Captiva Islands
7. Punta Gorda, Northport, Venice, Port Charlotte
8. Sarasota, Bradenton
9. St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Tampa

If you click this link and zoom in, you'll see the city names pop up. They are all located on the west coast:

https://www.google.com/maps/@26.67606,-81.9146574,7z

http://www.hcflgov.net/en/residents/public-safety/emergency-management/stay-safe

check flood zones: https://maps.hillsboroughcounty.org/HEAT/HEAT.html

Shelter Information:

Shelters are filling quickly; residents are encouraged not to wait if they think they will need to stay in one of these shelters during the storm.

Wharton High School, 20150 Bruce B. Downs in Tampa, has been added as a pet-friendly shelter.

These shelters are currently OPEN:

Barrington Middle School, 5925 Village Center Drive, Lithia (wheelchair-accessible)

Benito Middle School, 10101 Cross Creek Blvd., Tampa (wheelchair-accessible)

Bevis Elementary School, 5720 Osprey Ridge Drive, Lithia

Bloomingdale High School, 1700 East Bloomingdale Ave., Valrico

Cannella Elementary School, 10707 Nixon Road, Tampa

Carrollwood Elementary School, 3516 McFarland Rd., Tampa (wheelchair-accessible)

Chiles Elementary School, 16541 Tampa Palms Blvd. W, Tampa

Cimino Elementary School, 4329 Culbreath Road, Valrico

Collins Elementary School, 12424 Summerfield Blvd., Riverview

Cork Elementary School, 3501 N. Cork Rd., Plant City

Heritage Elementary School, 18201, East Meadows Road, Tampa

Knights Elementary School, 4815 N. Keene Road, Plant City

Lake Magdalene Elementary School, 2002 Pine Lake Drive, Tampa

Marshall Middle School, 18 South Maryland Ave., Plant City (wheelchair-accessible)

McKitrick Elementary School, 5503 Lutz Lake Fern Road, Lutz

McLane Middle School, 306 N. Knights Ave., Brandon

Mulrennan Middle School, 4215 Durant Road, Tampa (wheelchair-accessible)

Nelson Elementary School, 5413 Durant Road, Tampa

Newsome High School, 16510 Fish Hawk Blvd., Lithia (wheelchair-accessible)

Pride Elementary School, 18271 Kinnan St., Tampa

Riddick Elementary School, 325 West Lake Drive, Wimauma (wheelchair-accessible)

Stowers Elementary School, 13915 Barrington Stowers Drive, Lithia

Tomlin Middle School, 501 N. Woodrow Wilson, Plant City (wheelchair-accessible)

Turkey Creek Middle School, 5005 Turkey Creek Road, Plant City

Wharton High School, 20150 Bruce B. Downs, Tampa (pet-friendly) (wheelchair-accessible)

Wilson Elementary School, 702 English St., Plant City

Special-needs shelters are only for residents with medical issues that require electricity assistance or cognitive issues that would not be supported in a general population shelter.
Residents should bring only essential items including: blankets, sleeping bags, pillows, and air mattresses; clothing and toiletries; prescriptions; special dietary foods and favorite snacks; diapers, bottles, and other baby supplies; important paperwork in a waterproof container. Cards, books, and games can help pass the time, especially for young children.

Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority (HART) is running evacuation routes until 7 p.m. today. Visit Gohart.org for additional information.

Make sure to have a plan. Residents and visitors are encouraged to register for HCFL Alert, Hillsborough County's official public notification system for emergency and urgent alerts. To receive messages by email, phone, and text, go to HCFLGov.net/StaySafe. For more information, call (813) 272-5900.
Thank you for this Jersey Girl. So, according to this site and she confirms, that she isnt in a zone yet. Doesnt miss it by much though.

Im not sure what zone she is in. Thankfully she isnt in a mobile home since they dont plan to evacuate.

Oh honey - I know you're worried sick right now! Please try not to think the worst - as I know how easy it can be in a time like this.

My logical mind tells me that since Valrico has opened a public shelter at a local school, the storm surge isn't expected to reach that area.

{{{Hugs}}}

Thank you for this Jersey Girl. So, according to this site and she confirms, that she isnt in a zone yet. Doesnt miss it by much though.

Yes, I saw that. There are shelters open in Valrico so if she does feel the need to leave, she might want to have those addresses handy.

Oh honey - I know you're worried sick right now! Please try not to think the worst - as I know how easy it can be in a time like this.

My logical mind tells me that since Valrico has opened a public shelter at a local school, the storm surge isn't expected to reach that area.

{{{Hugs}}}
Thank you, thank you. Yes, worried sick. Thats a good point about the public shelter! Its good to know I dont have to worry about the surge as well as the wind.

You are not to be playing Chef Boy A Dee i knew before I tried to type that it was gonna be a bomb

I am changing this station he is on his 4 th scream of tornados in the last 15 minutes

So sorry - didn't mean to make you hungry with my reminiscing. Think about playing backgammon with hunky lifeguards, instead lol! :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966