Hurricane Irma

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was randomly checking traffic cams in South Florida, the highways look deserted. Unfortunately old news coverage of a few days ago may be discouraging people from leaving.

https://fl511.com/#:Alerts

The first pic is the current GFS model at 6:00 pm Sunday. The second pic is midnight later on Sunday to Monday.

The point is the storm is so huge that although its moving during the 6 hours, it covers so much of the state that those who choose not to evacuate will be attacked. The 3rd pic is 6:00 am is more of the same.

It is forecasted to make landfall as a CAT5!!!!

Please consider leaving now.

a01b6365bf0949de5e04d1baaf4d7800.jpg
9ac9315cf738dedcd34d98f5b865005e.jpg
b6c6127857f57235951a805db85bebd4.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Am wondering if the west turn will result in
in more of the total eye over land as opposed to the east part earlier we wont know till later tho

I do think intensifation is pretty much a given the waters hugging the shoreline are HOT

she has been the longest storm that maintained cat 5 energy in history.

Andrew winds when investigated later forensically were actually a lot higher
than went down in history .

It was serious investigation like measured trajectory of things flying in the air and how far in they embedded cars trees etc

I wish I could remember the scientists name

in more of the total eye over land as opposed to the east part earlier we wont know till later tho

Who knows, on some models it skirts the gulf coast and could make a direct hit in the Tampa area.

How will the Keys possibly withstand a hit from a cat 5 hurricane??

Omg! Those poor kitties!
Btw,
I am in Jersey too. My niece and sister are in Ft. Meyers. ☹

Don't get me started!!

Workers, cats staying at Key West Hemingway Home & Museum during Hurricane Irma

There are 55 cats that live in the home and grounds, officials said there was no where to board them and they couldn't leave them behind.

Workers at the house said that many of them are going to stay in the house during Hurricane Irma.

http://www.fox23.com/news/workers-c...y-home-museum-during-hurricane-irma/605567323

I'm on call here in Raleigh, NC, to take in people into my two bedroom two bath apartment. One bedroom is my daughter's, but she will move into my room and use my bathroom. We are not in a flood zone nor are we on the first or top floor. We should be relatively safe. About two hundred stores are within walking distance, so they can have some independence while here. If they have a car, they can get around, and of course I'll drive them wherever they need to go. My heart breaks for all who are going through this :(. A family for whom I am training a service dog team is in it with me and is prepared to take in as many as can fit in her apartment. The folks who may come are relatives and friends of hers down in FL, so I am not too worried about taking in a serial killer, thief, etc. Lol. It is all I can do at this point. I wish I could do more. Again, to each and all in Irma's path, best to you, and may you stay safe :blowkiss",

Am I the only one that is feeling that this has taken forever to at least get to the best we can do in terms of tracking

there always off some but it feels like this is just gruesome

its like a bad horror movie when they dont do the reveal for too long

17000 linemen sounds awesome would love to know where there are staging throughout the state

So basically if you are old, in poor health and unable to get out of FL and you have a dog with no crate you cannot go to a shelter.

It seems like our babies go through stages. After Charley it seemed like they cought on that a lot of people are not leaving their pets

So it was like it was much better for Frances and Jean and the following year Wilma but Houston was the pitts with our furry pals

It's probably best he waits so that people fleeing Florida and Georgia can get situated first.
He just announced only mandatory evacuation of barrier islands Smart move...
No mandatory lane reversals.
4 to 6 storm surge expected.
No tolls on islands.

He has a chance tomorrow morning to put something in place if the storm makes the turn....by chance.

After I wrote that he said "Anything is possible. I will place an evacuation if the storm shifts".

whats the best website that show the different models and the projected tracks, that people with out a strong science background can understand?

they are saying that the high rises in Miami will not withstand a CAT 5. All glass and there are huge cranes that can't be taken down. One reporter said it will be a waste land after this. OMG!

As for people staying, if they tell you to leave and you can, you should go. I have a 94 yr old mother in a nursing home. I am on being evacuated as yet, and don't expect to be. But I wouldn't be able to leave her behind, even if they took her somewhere safe.

[video=twitter;906305213077716992]https://twitter.com/WISN12News/status/906305213077716992[/video]

[FONT=&quot]Family takes planned trip to Disney World despite path of Hurricane Irma [/FONT]http://dlvr.it/PllqBB

You cannot make this stuff up!

[video=twitter;906306236391583744]https://twitter.com/EricBurrisWESH/status/906306236391583744[/video]

[FONT=&quot]NHC has issued their 8pm intermediate advisory- [/FONT]#Irma[FONT=&quot] is still packing 155mph winds, but pressure has dropped 1mb.

not good[/FONT]

Ahh Boca to Ocala has to be one heck of shell shock!!

From roast beef to killing your own beef

ha

wow
Lol, that cracked me up! I went to high school here in Ocala and lived here for a couple of years pre-Boca. I was recently considering going back.

There have been so many fights at gas stations here.

Starting at 5pm tomorrow all trailers and mobile homes are under a mandatory evacuation in Marion County (I heard 2nd hand).

I do think intensifation is pretty much a given the waters hugging the shoreline are HOT

she has been the longest storm that maintained cat 5 energy in history.

Andrew winds when investigated later forensically were actually a lot higher
than went down in history .

It was serious investigation like measured trajectory of things flying in the air and how far in they embedded cars trees etc

I wish I could remember the scientists name
This pic gives a good impression of the vast difference in size of Irma compared to Andrew....not even close.
Irma is a beast.

IMO, the devastation will be equally bad because of the huge size. See my post with the 3 pics over a 12 hour period. Its so big, that even though it's moving, its still larger than the state land boundaries.

You take care now. I'll be thinking of you.
bfbf78b026f829553943bfe5a986ebef.jpg

http://spaghettimodels.com

You cannot make this stuff up!

Might be disappointed

[video=twitter;906230904149946369]https://twitter.com/richard680news/status/906230904149946369[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schaleh