Hurricane Irma

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So all of the things that happen(ed) before first US landfall. Not necessarily afterward, correct?
Correct....[emoji4]

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
02d12413d698a4c7806eca9c54852176.jpg
5c0027045296122b710faedacf1230f4.jpg

We can feel your emotions through your words. So well-said. Really sorry you're having to go through all this.

Please stay safe, MaryG12! You and your dh are in our thoughts and prayers...

Thank you JazzTune :) <3

Just waiting to see what happens after Cuba... which way will she go....

Spinning across Cuba...
0aac1886552ddf11a4d63fe3b1357fcb.gif

Looking at those pictures, Donna hit Flordia, then went up the Atlantic. I thought the models showed this one hit Flordia then going inland toward TN. So how does that compare with Donna? Asking you Henry because you've been so
Patient with me :)
I just don't get it

They are comparing the two to the strength (Donna was 130 mph, Irma will be about 145-155) and landfall in the continental US. They are now predicting Irma to follow the same path as Donna did in 1960. What happens after the two landfalls, the Lower Keys and Naples, doesn't need to compare.

i know and totally agree but then in recalling just now Frances Jean Wilma were daytie

Charlie nighttime here

Henry that one weather guy talking about 79 80 lat long number was important do you know what lat long she is right now they used to post it years ago !!

The eye looks ( don't know how much that is just a visual thing) but looks closer to cuba than initially thought ) they have mountins that hate hurricanes dont know if that will mean much tho after over hot water she is gonna go again.

I hated the name from the get go!

Covers the state....huge storm
Cat4 with 145 winds and 930 pressure
Follows path as Irma to FL landfall at Naples.
Tremendous surge and destruction [emoji23]

pressure higher than I last saw !!

[video=twitter;906324659846750210]https://twitter.com/EricBurrisWESH/status/906324659846750210[/video]
[FONT=&amp]Recon aircraft just found a much stronger [/FONT]#Irma[FONT=&amp] this punch through- I think [/FONT]#Irma[FONT=&amp] is ready to be a Cat. 5 as it slams the Cuban coastline...

(Like when the nurse says you are fully dilated &ready to push lol)[/FONT]

oh brother the pressure I saw here a second ago was 930 now 922 not good

i know and totally agree but then in recalling just now Frances Jean Wilma were daytie

Charlie nighttime here

Henry that one weather guy talking about 79 80 lat long number was important do you know what lat long she is right now they used to post it years ago !!

The eye looks ( don't know how much that is just a visual thing) but looks closer to cuba than initially thought ) they have mountins that hate hurricanes dont know if that will mean much tho after over hot water she is gonna go again.

I hated the name from the get go!

Oh you mean the name Irma? There was some criticism of that name at work a few days ago - I suggested Isabel and Inez, no idea why Irma.

Am wondering if the west turn will result in
in more of the total eye over land as opposed to the east part earlier we wont know till later tho

I do think intensifation is pretty much a given the waters hugging the shoreline are HOT

she has been the longest storm that maintained cat 5 energy in history.

Andrew winds when investigated later forensically were actually a lot higher
than went down in history .

It was serious investigation like measured trajectory of things flying in the air and how far in they embedded cars trees etc

I wish I could remember the scientists name

Hi CARIIS! You might be thinking of Chris Landsea et al, which suggests that the worst of the damaged areas (Homestead, Cutler Ridge and parts of my neighborhood - Kendall) may have experienced wind gusts of 155 - 201 mph, peak gusts at just over 189 mph, and sustained winds of just over 172 mph:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/pdf/04landsea.pdf
http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/hurdat/clanalysis.html

All I know is that I've never seen such horrific damage as what happened that night. I hope Florida will benefit by the changes in building codes and the introduction of newer hurricane-resistant products since then when Irma hits.

Stay safe lady!

Getting hit with short periods of wind and rain from the outer bands now.

They come and go.

It's going to be a long couple of days...

What does it mean if the pressure lows?

falling is increasing wind speeds --and at times can indicate a bit in advance of what the next round of flights will capture in actual sustained winds

I would imagine ne
xt fly through actual wind speeds will be higher than what we have seen today

i learned during Harvey that nighttime stiggers more actual rain as the temperatures differ resulting in more water upstairs

Henry is this west trek gonna help or hurt Lake Okeechobee

did not catch the name there is a levee in the West Palm beach they are talking about

MSNBC on in background as usual!!

Getting hit with short periods of wind and rain from the outer bands now.

They come and go.

It's going to be a long couple of days...

:grouphug: Hope you will stay safe GT! :praying:

Gov. Rick Scott said the lower half of Florida could face life threatening storm surge as early as Saturday morning.

&#8220;If you have been ordered to evacuate, you need to leave now,&#8221; he said at a news conference Friday evening. &#8220;Not tonight, not in an hour, now.&#8221;

The National Hurricane Center said Irma remained &#8220;extremely dangerous,&#8221; with winds of 150 miles per hour, and the Florida Keys were at risk of &#8220;life-threatening inundation.&#8221;

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/08/us/hurricane-irma-florida.html?mcubz=3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member