Hurricane Irma

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so on-edge and am not even close to these areas that may be affected. it feels like this has to be a foreign country, not my beloved States-kin. Have I never paid this much attention before, or is this season actually much more serious than ever? Stronger winds and more water .... definitely has to be the worst in my lifetime.

What an excellent idea! Thanks for sharing it.

I feel the same way Spell. The West is burning the southeast is drowning....
Is it always this bad? I feel like we normally have at least more time between disasters?

I used gas buddy app on my phone (and also on computer) to know open gas stations and prices.

It shows prices, and when the last update on prices were etc. so you would know if station is open after a storm etc. (See current below screen shot of stations and prices..go LIVE and check to see when last update was though!

HTH

Yeah, I would nix the vacay which I've been following with ya :hug:

https://www.gasbuddy.com/GasPriceMap?z=4

View attachment 122715

Bently, I'm checking out the gas buddy app. I hope it works here. The stations are still open they just don't have gas. Or they only have unleaded or super. And you don't know until you pull up to the pump. Thank you for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used gas buddy app on my phone (and also on computer) to know open gas stations and prices.

It shows prices, and when the last update on prices were etc. so you would know if station is open after a storm etc. (See current below screen shot of stations and prices..go LIVE and check to see when last update was though!

HTH

Yeah, I would nix the vacay which I've been following with ya :hug:

https://www.gasbuddy.com/GasPriceMap?z=4

View attachment 122715

Bentley;

I'm liking that gas buddy app......just downloaded it and it is accurate & shows which stations are out!

Hate this for you. I remember you said it was your first vacation in five years. Such lousy timing.

Hope you can reschedule and get refunds...

Thank you so so much for the sweet thoughts. Terrible timing and what irony after Harvey just tore through here..

As far as an update, we are still cautiously planning to go. Been in touch with Delta and the Hard Rock Hotel in PC, delta isn't cancelling flights at this point and the HR feels that they are going to be fine...so for now we are planning to move forward with it. 5 years and so in need of a vacation...although not worth it of course to be in danger. The next two days are critical. Ill keep y'all updated as we know more. Prayers and love with everyone out there, grateful for all of you and WS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have family up here from Florida (Monday) who are flying back Friday (?) Who didn't even know about Irma :scared:

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

11:00 pm NHC update...
3d326d48ffa043df75ad334d53114ea6.jpg
3fab7fcaf0ad52bc0c42edfcd1977198.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

One more for those of you with pets. I've used BringFido in the past, when traveling with my dog(s), and they just posted the following on their site:

The news is now saying that Hurricane Irma could be "catastrophic" in Florida and pet-friendly hotel rooms are booking up quickly. If you may need to evacuate, please check http://BringFido.com or give us a call at 877-411-3436. We can help you find a safe place to go with your pets.

Bentley;

I'm liking that gas buddy app......just downloaded it and it is accurate & shows which stations are out!

I am not caught up maybe you have posted what are your plans ? Thinking of you

I feel the same way Spell. The West is burning the southeast is drowning....
Is it always this bad? I feel like we normally have at least more time between disasters?

I have moved from icebergs to wishing that the N Korean midget can put his playing with missles to some good use -- see if you can hit Irma

and hey what we would have to lose by trying it anyhow

its like mess up its water source no idea if it would do anything but..............

Thanks for asking & good evening, CARIIS :)

My family is staying local. Meanwhile, I could stay locally too or a variety of different places throughout the State (my anticipatory anxiety went into overload and I hedged my bets with reservations)! I will have to cancel tomorrow & commit to a specific location.....ugh! The dang Hurricane spaghetti models keep jumping all over making decisions very difficult.

The issues with where to go is this: driving all over the State by myself isn't smart.....
Gasoline issues? Traffic jams? Crime?
It's all a bit scary so I may just stay fairly local & pray no 50ft swells.

What are your plans?

Thanks for asking & good evening, CARIIS :)

My family is staying local. Meanwhile, I could stay locally too or a variety of different places throughout the State (my anticipatory anxiety went into overload and I hedged my bets with reservations)! I will have to cancel tomorrow & commit to a specific location.....ugh! The dang Hurricane spaghetti models keep jumping all over making decisions very difficult.

The issues with where to go is this: driving all over the State by myself isn't smart.....
Gasoline issues? Traffic jams? Crime?
It's all a bit scary so I may just stay fairly local & pray no 50ft swells.

What are your plans?

Hope everyone down there has a restful night. Hopefully the experts will know more tomorrow.

For weather, I follow DT at WX Risk. If anyone is interested, he is brilliant. He does have dislexia, which causes some typos. He is very open about it.... anyhow, here's the link:
https://www.wxrisk.com/cat-5-irma-will-turn-north-but-when/
I follow him as well. I live in Hampton Roads. We flood so easy here. Some places are not restored after Matthew. I can't even imagine, and don't want too, what a category 5 would do here. I don't know if the ocean temps would support that intensity up here though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

My oldest and his wife are still without water and power in Beaumont, and now this coming his way or mine. Ick. Our Walmart looks like it was looted, and many stations are out of gas; 3/4 of Florida hasn't hit our area at the Fl line yet ;(

One more for those of you with pets. I've used BringFido in the past, when traveling with my dog(s), and they just posted the following on their site:

The news is now saying that Hurricane Irma could be "catastrophic" in Florida and pet-friendly hotel rooms are booking up quickly. If you may need to evacuate, please check http://BringFido.com or give us a call at 877-411-3436. We can help you find a safe place to go with your pets.

Thanks so much for that link, gonna file it away for future reference!

I live on a deep water canal off of the intercoastal waterway in the Daytona Beach area. The ocean is maybe a mile east of me, condos etc. are clearly visible from here. Stayed for Charley, my first go around with a hurricane, since moving here from Chicago in 84, and swore never again. Was lucky for Jean and Frances that followed quickly, to find a pet friendly motel just east of Albany Ga. Stayed with family near Sarasota for Matthew, clearly not an option with Irma. With the iffy nature of this storm, was not so lucky. Knowing that any pet friendly motel would be booked anywhere near I75, tried the Alban2y Ga are, no luck. Finally found with help a motel a reference to the Auburn AL area chamber, happily have a room for us, 3 cats and a dog. Page, at the chamber sent a list of pet friendly places near Auburn. So, if anyone is evacuating with pets, and isn't having any luck, here is the number to call 334.887.7011.

I live on a deep water canal off of the intercoastal waterway in the Daytona Beach area. The ocean is maybe a mile east of me, condos etc. are clearly visible from here. Stayed for Charley, my first go around with a hurricane, since moving here from Chicago in 84, and swore never again. Was lucky for Jean and Frances that followed quickly, to find a pet friendly motel just east of Albany Ga. Stayed with family near Sarasota for Matthew, clearly not an option with Irma. With the iffy nature of this storm, was not so lucky. Knowing that any pet friendly motel would be booked anywhere near I75, tried the Alban2y Ga are, no luck. Finally found with help a motel a reference to the Auburn AL area chamber, happily have a room for us, 3 cats and a dog. Page, at the chamber sent a list of pet friendly places near Auburn. So, if anyone is evacuating with pets, and isn't having any luck, here is the number to call 334.887.7011.

So glad you found a space for you and all of your critters! I have four dogs, two cats, and a pony. We have tornadoes here. The pony's instinct kicks in and she goes to the creek bed when it gets nasty and the rest of us go to the basement. Be careful out there.

Cousins in puerto rico. Expecting 42 foot swells. Tis unfathomable!

Barbuda is about to get hit a second time after being in the eye of the storm (which is about 5 times larger than the entire island) for a while.
Unbelievable... will there be anything left?

https://twitter.com/970wfla/status/905311212396740609

Barbuda

How far a drive is that for you?

Richard Branson will brave Hurricane Irma on his island resort

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...urricane-irma-island-resort-article-1.3472872

Billionaire Richard Branson will face off with the behemoth Hurricane Irma as it barrels toward his Caribbean resort, he said Tuesday.

“I will be on Necker alongside our team, as I have been on the three times we have had hurricanes over the past 30 years,” said the 67-year-old founder of Virgin Group companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mili