Hurricane Sandy updates

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Potter County

It depends, are you near the Allegheny? If so, I'd make sure to look for updates. There will definitely be flooding bc the eye is going right through Philly. They already evacuated the river area in Philly & put everyone up in the schools.

Does anyone live in or around Langley/Ft. Eustis, VA? My son serves in the military there and as of late this afternoon there were no evacuations slated for the bases. When I googled the base it looked like it's located right there on the beach and that makes me very uncomfortable.

Oh man, how dear are you? I thought I'd posted earlier that she was in Nutley. How about let's see how things go tonight, alright? If needed, I will absolutely pm you. I don't think, though, that your DD is in a great place either; apparently the storm's eye has changed a bit and is now headed directly into that area...

This is so frightening. Just so frightening.

Best-
Herding Cats

HC, my daughter is 20 -30 minutes from Nutley! I just texted her...she said she would be happy to check on your mom if there is a way to get there. If there is anything she needs, or you just want my daughter to check on her please just let me know. My daughter says to tell you it will be no problem at all.

HC, my daughter is 20 -30 minutes from Nutley! I just texted her...she said she would be happy to check on your mom if there is a way to get there. If there is anything she needs, or you just want my daughter to check on her please just let me know. My daughter says to tell you it will be no problem at all.

You just made me cry. Thank you so much, and thank your DD for me. I will let you know if I need that...

What a relief to know that someone is relatively nearby and can get to her. I am so relieved.

Best-
Herding Cats

Sugarqueen, that's so awesome of you both! :luv: :hero:

Guess this is exactly what a sitting duck feels like...no darn pun intended.

Good luck to everyone being impacted by this storm. Hope it shows mercy to us all...

Going to sleep before the worst arrives. Sweet dreams everyone.

XOX, Jersey

They are making it clear that if you are in a NJ evac zone, and you have chosen to ride the storm out, you are now in a point where you pretty much cannot leave, due to the evac orders, (which I assume means that people can't be out on the streets??), and LE will not be placing themselves in harm's way until Sandy has passed, even if you call them to come rescue you. If you are staying home to ride it out, you are now past the point of no return, per the Weather Channel.

Awww, thanks! It's nothing really, just people helping people.

HC, pm'd you my daughters # at her request.

Good luck to everyone being impacted by this storm. Hope it shows mercy to us all...

Going to sleep before the worst arrives. Sweet dreams everyone.

XOX, Jersey

Night Jersey! ... Will be thinking of you.

my 19 year old got called to work arrived in queens early this morning. he works for a construction company and his boss does rescue and recovery. i didn't want him to go but you know how that goes. last i heard from him they were standing by in queens, near vernon blvd.

how petrified should i be?

my 19 year old got called to work arrived in queens early this morning. he works for a construction company and his boss does rescue and recovery. i didn't want him to go but you know how that goes. last i heard from him they were standing by in queens, near vernon blvd.

how petrified should i be?

Be proud first. Bless them-- and all the men and women standing ready to forge through this catastrophe and be of help.

I'm a west coast girl, so I can't lend any intelligence to their locale... I'm sending up a prayer for you and yours. Breathe deep.

She is coming north, actually making the turn now. As of the 2 a.m. advisory, she has sustained winds of 75 mph, and the flooding estimates, especially for coastal NJ, just keep getting worse. She is moving N at 14 mph, and the last barometer reading I heard was 950 on the nose.

Just to add a little humor.... My daughter just ran down the list of things she has done to prepare. She says she did all her laundry so she has clean underwear in case the storm takes her out, BUT she says she will probably poop herself so it might have been a waste of time!!! LOL

DS (12) just wandered downstairs looking for me! If you've ever seen the show Big Bang Theory he is a cross between Leonard and Sheldon! LOL I think I'll just take him in my bed for tonight!

Night all! Be safe!

So, are these deep blue areas the cold air storms that are to merge with Sandy? I understand the pink zone is dry air? Anyone better at this than I am?

http://synoptic.envsci.rutgers.edu/site/imgs/wv2_tropic2_anim.gif

Wow....don't know what all that is and I've seen a lot of graphics of hurricanes being from Fl., but that is the scariest thing I have ever seen....best wishes and hope everyone here is safe through the next few days....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog
Back