Some pics of the storm, more at link:
http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/sunday-photos-sandy/800297

Hatteras Island, N.C., 9 hrs. ago
picture.php

Ocean Grove, NJ, 6 hrs. ago
picture.php

NYC, a day ago
picture.php

Herding, do I remember you saying your mom is in NJ? Can you tell us what county?? My DD is in NJ, maybe she can check on her???

She's in Essex county, and she says she's about 15 miles from the water, right across from New York (but inland).

I have never been there, and I have NO idea if this is a bad situation or not...

Best-
Herding Cats

Thank God you reached her, HC. I was fretting for you both.

Hang on tight, everyone... I'm holding 50 million of you in my prayers! (sorta crowded up in there! :) )

{Shock} Temps in New York City are 57 degrees, what's up with that eh? Not forecast to go below 42 this week. Somethings upside down here lol...

Weird thing here is that we are usually in shorts on Halloween night. Looks like it is going to be in the 40's for us. Really weird.

I'm not the only one in MI that's worried. Went to Kroger. No more packs of bottled water, so I settled for a whole bunch of 3 liters, and they were even low on those. Canned goods are really low, ended up with a lot of cereal and peanut butter instead. Bought 4 of their last 6 loaves of bread. Everybody is scared of this monster, it seems.

ETA: The wind is picking up here, not as bad as it's going to get, though. The susteined wind is nothing, but the gusts will steal your breath. It was warm earlier, almost too warm, considering that it was cold all day, now it's really dry and cold. And mind you, I'm a couple states and a few lakes away from the coast.

She's in Essex county, and she says she's about 15 miles from the water, right across from New York (but inland).

I have never been there, and I have NO idea if this is a bad situation or not...

Best-
Herding Cats

Hmmmm, my DD is in Bergen County. If you want to pm me a town I can see what I can do if it's not super far from where my daughter is house/dog sitting.

Hurricane force winds extend outward up to 175 miles...
280 km...mainly to the southwest of the center...and tropical storm
force winds extend outward up to 520 miles...835 km.

looks like the eye is head directly to the place where jersey, pa, and delaware come to gether.

I'm not the only one in MI that's worried. Went to Kroger. No more packs of bottled water, so I settled for a whole bunch of 3 liters, and they were even low on those. Canned goods are really low, ended up with a lot of cereal and peanut butter instead. Bought 4 of their last 6 loaves of bread. Everybody is scared of this monster, it seems.

Maybe too late to help you now but we keep 5 10 gallon gas gans (brand new obviously) just to load up on water when the storms clear out the stores.

Hurricane force winds extend outward up to 175 miles...
280 km...mainly to the southwest of the center...and tropical storm
force winds extend outward up to 520 miles...835 km.

looks like the eye is head directly to the place where jersey, pa, and delaware come to gether.

Not a small storm at all!

Really, if anyone starts getting stuck with NOTHING to eat, but diliveries can be made, do not be afraid to shout out for help. i will gladly ship things to you, no problem.

Jim Cantore‏@JimCantore

Kearny [Hudson Co, NJ] emergency mngr reports COASTAL FLOOD at 08:30 PM EDT -- Belleville turnpike CLOSED #NJwx

Geeze, she looks a lot more together than she did yesterday. :(

Attachments

• Sandy.MODIS.10282012-small.jpg
    Sandy.MODIS.10282012-small.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 14
Really, if anyone starts getting stuck with NOTHING to eat, but diliveries can be made, do not be afraid to shout out for help. i will gladly ship things to you, no problem.

Likewise here. I'd say I'm a little stocked after tonight's trip. If you like tuna and peanut butter, that is. :) Heck, we're WS'ers, we'll ship it as close as we can get it and bucket brigade it the rest of the way to your door if we have to.

I'm wondering if we're going to start seeing more and more superstorms like this. (I will STILL stay away from the 12/12/12/ thread...)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back