I am no longer receiving e-mail notifications for my subscriptions - please help!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
I'm beginning to get the very same feeling, JerseyGirl, and just came from a tech forum, DAL, that does send out instant notifications, just got one, and also as I think I already said, Purgatory does. I've asked Keebu and our Maxi posts there sometimes so I may even ask her if we don't get this solved pretty soon.

Okay, back to enable the Windows Firewall as I meant to,and thanks to both of you for reminding me. The checkbox says "Enable All Network Connections". It does mean Internet Networking Connections, right? My local networking has always been disabled. Yeah, it's gotta mean Internet. This shows how tired we are, huh?

OMG, I just got an email from WS regarding a post on a thread I have been on this afternoon. Whoopee. Has anyone else got any today???? If not, I will tell you what I did today. Wondering if this is a forum fix, a temp fix, or what I did. I'll pm you with what I did.

The reply came from the Georgia Toddler Thread in Missing/Located. I am going to sign off this one and go and send you two a pm. Will see if I get any notifications for this one.

Edited to add I posted several posts on that forum today.

P.S. I don't feel comfortable posting our security settings on the forum which is why I used a PM. Let's keep that our little secret, okay????

Before you go changing anything around, I have not rec'd any more notices.

:banghead: :o :eek: :furious: :mad: and any other icons I missed!!

May be just a fluke.

Edited, just rec'd another one from a different thread. Is there hope? :clap:

Tuesday Morning

I too received an email notification of a PM, from a friend at another forum who reads at WS sometimes !!!!! I think she has The Fix, if we aren't already fixed up. I knew she'd know.

Forum Jump to Subscriptions, Update Subscription Type, (I think, can't get my almost-new temperamental printer working since changing ink cartridge, sometimes have to let it rest overnight) and there will be another place we never noticed, to check "Instant Email Notification" ! Should we wait a while before doing it, to see if we get any more messages and figure out why? I'm rather excited that she noticed this thing we natives did not ever notice. You girls never checked that box, right? I never saw it before. Was beginning to think vBulletin or xMission wasn't keeping up with maintenance and we'd fallen through the cracks, Tricia's PM box being always full and she says she can't get them to fix it. We're supposed to save PM's we want to keep into My Documents as Text files, clean it ourselves? Who wants to suggest it, ask, rather?

My Subscription List is 23 pages, something like 565 threads, never had to click Subscribe, all automatic, and evidently we're supposed to put that into Folders, like with our Bookmarks (?) I'll worry about that later, hoping one of you will go first and talk us through it. Lazy brain this morning.

Blessings forever to my very dear friend at Purg who sent this PM ! We used to email back and forth every day for a couple of years until other activities took too much time, and I remembered she's reformatted her hard drive and everything, so I asked there.

I just downloaded my PM's to a text file. No prob. This does not delete your messages, just copies them. You have to go back and delete what you no longer want.

Your settings for type of notification of posts is already set for your current selected threads.

Changing the default setting will take care of new subscribed threads.

To change past thread notifications, go to User CP, Subscribed Threads, click on List Subscriptions.

On your list of subscriptions, there is a description of the type of notification you are getting. If you want to change all of your notifications, click the white box at the top of the list, and it will check all of the boxes on your list.

At the end of the list there is a drop-down list ..gives you choices on the type of notification you want. I have changed mine to Daily, and maybe now it will work.

LOL, I changed the default to Weekly, but that does not change the threads you are already subscribed to.

Now, this should work! Hopefully! :)

Eagle, to answer your PM.

Norton System Works 2004, Open it up, Click on Norton Utilities, then Optimize Performance, Speed Disk available then. It took quite a while for this to complete, but had the use of my computer (with a few hesitations here and there).
Speed Disk was NOT a separate purchase, part of my package.

I did have Instant Email Notifications on regarding Email from the forum. I always had that on. User Control Panel, Edit Options, Messaging and Notifications, Default setting - Instant. Is this what you are referring to that was new?
Sorry to disappoint you.

I did go through my Edit Options and reset them, but all to the same settings I had. Just wondered if the reset would enable notifications. I did that before I rec'd these two.

I only rec'd two yesterday. One at 5:16 pm and one at 9:22 pm. Georgia Toddlers and Questions for SQV. If I don't receive any more today I guess I will try changing from Instant to Daily.

Eagle, you rec'd notification of a PM? I did not so I am wondering if you would tell us the address that notification came from? I assume it is not xmission? Would like to try adding that address. Thanks.

Eagle1 said:
Forum Jump to Subscriptions, Update Subscription Type, (I think, can't get my almost-new temperamental printer working since changing ink cartridge, sometimes have to let it rest overnight) and there will be another place we never noticed, to check "Instant Email Notification" ! Should we wait a while before doing it, to see if we get any more messages and figure out why? I'm rather excited that she noticed this thing we natives did not ever notice. You girls never checked that box, right?
If I'm understanding your directions, this is something I've done about 75 million times already ... nothing.

teedie2 said:
On your list of subscriptions, there is a description of the type of notification you are getting. If you want to change all of your notifications, click the white box at the top of the list, and it will check all of the boxes on your list.
Unfortunately, this has never worked for me either, regardless of which notification I choose. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ah JerseyGirl, sorry. Re: Camper. In chat last night she said she had emailed her post to Timex, and Timex said she posted it in the Admin Forum. We can't read there so I wish they would post it on "our" Forum.

JerseyGirl, do you have an old PM notice in your mail anywhere? Looking for the address it comes from. Not a subscription notice, a PM notice?

I just noticed and stopped to understand the following. There are two places below to click on Submit Reply. The second one is after Additional Options and Notification Type (mine says Instant). I have been hitting the first Submit Reply, now I am going to hit the second one.

Florida said:
JerseyGirl, do you have an old PM notice in your mail anywhere? Looking for the address it comes from. Not a subscription notice, a PM notice?
Nothing of any type from WS in weeks. No thread notifications, no pm notifications ... nothing.

Florida said:
I just noticed and stopped to understand the following. There are two places below to click on Submit Reply. The second one is after Additional Options and Notification Type (mine says Instant). I have been hitting the first Submit Reply, now I am going to hit the second one.
I've been looking around but I can't figure out where to find what you're talking about above.

Text Box for Reply

Post Icons

FIRST SUBMIT REPLY BUTTON PREVIEW POST

Keep Scrolling Down

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options
Thread Subscriptions
Rate Thread

SECOND SUBMIT REPLY BUTTON PREVIEW POST

Topic Review

Note: I don't use Quick Reply
I hit Post Reply above the Quick Reply Box