I think Tommy is being set up.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hear what you are saying and it sounds extremely plausible, but would the smell be in the MH? That many plants would smell very strong, don't you think?

If this took place about 10p, they could've aired the mh out by the time they called the police. Or maybe the house DID smell like marijuana but the police were unable to find out where it was coming from (remember all the plants are gone). So when Hank told them about the plants they knew it had to be some truth there because of the smell they encountered when they entered the mh. It was another piece to their puzzle.

After the interview with Hank and he revealed that he had been there at the mh, didn't LE go back and interview Jo? Didn't LE go to Mass. to re-interview Timmy and Chelsea?

If this took place about 10p, they could've aired the mh out by the time they called the police. Or maybe the house DID smell like marijuana but the police were unable to find out where it was coming from (remember all the plants are gone). So when Hank told them about the plants they knew it had to be some truth there because of the smell they encountered when they entered the mh. It was another piece to their puzzle.

After the interview with Hank and he revealed that he had been there at the mh, didn't LE go back and interview Jo? Didn't LE go to Mass. to re-interview Timmy and Chelsea?

Thank you. Might very well explain why they tore the wall out of the MH too. I wonder if the LE took drug dogs inside? It seems like they would have (LE) said something about the smell being so strong, but yeah MC and ToC smoked a joint in there earlier...right..
TiC probably told about the plants.. thats why he is supplying everyones canteen (guilt for taking away their income) Just my opinion/thought.

Didn't GGMSykes say at the pond draining

"This is the wrong pond." :waitasec:

Seriously?! I have to know more about this. Have to. Off to dig deep and see just what I can find about this one, fascinating.

We know that Ron called Tommy that night supposedly looking for Misty. I just don't believe that the phone call Ron made to him was about looking for Misty. I think Ron was just mad that Misty stop answering her phone that evening, not that he couldn't find her, just she wouldn't answer the phone.
What we don't know is the conversation Ron had with Hank. I keep thinking about the timeline.
3:45-5p Hank Jr is at the mh "visiting"
7p-8p Grandma Sykes is at the mh "dropping off laundry"
8:30p- Misty and Ron have an argument over the phone "about babysitting"
8:45p-9p Ron calls Hank "looking for Misty"
9:45-10p Hank is at the mh supposedly "no one home"
Hank says that he waited around for awhile for either Misty to open the door or come home

Now, the problem I have with Hank saying he went to check on his sister and waited around is this: Ron's call to Hank is not about looking for Misty because in the first article that you provided a link for it says:

<snipped>
Ronald Cummings’ attorney said Tuesday that Cummings did not ask Croslin to check where she was and had been in touch with her during the evening.

So why call Hank?

Something happened to Haleigh earlier that day, I don't know what it was, but I think that Haleigh took a turn for the worse that evening. TN said that she had to send over a relative (GMS/The Nurse). That would mean TN had gotten wind of what happened to Haleigh prior to this and because she was so far away at the time of the call, TN felt the need to call and send over someone closer which was Grandma Sykes. Was the aunt/nurse over at Grandma Sykes house when TN called or was the aunt/nurse called to assist Grandma Sykes in the trip over to the mh? Either way, something was going on with Haleigh then. After that, Misty and Ron get into an argument over the phone, not about babysitting IMO, but about the events surrounding Haleigh.
Ron then feels the need to call Hank. Once again, what did he call him for?
IMO, it was to assist in some way with the events surrounding Haleigh. I don't think that it was to dispose of Haleigh but yet to play some other small part and that was the reason Hank supposedly "waited around for awhile". It took Hank 45mins to an hour to get around to the mh. He only lives about 5mins away, so to me he was not in a hurry. I wonder if Misty left with Grandma Sykes/TN that evening and Ron told Hank that info? I wonder if Ron told Hank something like "She'll (Misty) will be back in about an hour" or "Meet Misty at my house in about an hour".That would explain why Hank waited so long to go around there and wait around for awhile. Misty wasn't home but Hank knew that she was on her way back to the mh. I don't believe he went around there to break in because why would he wait so long to go around there? If he was going around there to break in why not go when you first got the call saying no one was home? He waited almost an hour.

After the LE interview with Hank, didn't they find those marijuana plants at the Mondex? Maybe that was the part that Hank played...getting rid of the drugs/evidence. Maybe Hank told them this in the same interview that revealed he was at the mh.

IMO Tommy is being set up to take ALL the BLAME not just his small part in it.
But you can't tell me Ron don't know what happened to his daughter.

If the G-mom was dropping off laundry, why did Misty have to do laundry. This part about the G-mom going over to the MH had always seemed strange, she said in the very begining of this case she went over to the MH to "check" on the children. Her words were "to check on the children"

If the G-mom was dropping off laundry, why did Misty have to do laundry. This part about the G-mom going over to the MH had always seemed strange, she said in the very begining of this case she went over to the MH to "check" on the children. Her words were "to check on the children"

We heard "dropping off laundry" and "checking on the children". I truly believe that she was there "to check on the children" because at that time one of the kids (Haleigh) was not doing so well. I wonder why we couldn't get an accurate detail about that little bit of information. It was all a LIE, IMO.

Tn, herself, said she sent a "family member" over to check on the children and deliver laundry. I always cracked up at that one. Why didn't she go herself? TN HAS to be the one to direct checking on her grand children and laundry service delivery.

...........let's assume, for a minute, it is because she doesn't live in the area? I bet somebody called "fix it teresa" with some serious problems and she needed a heads-up on the situation.

I wonder if rc left for work and left those children alone, locked in the house. I get the feeling he would not be beyond doing so. His comment, "Locking the back door and make sure it is deadlocked each day before I leave for work, screams out at me".

Hi there and Good Morning to ya!

yes, it was back around the end of September ( article states 9/23/09), 7 whole months, doesn't make sense to me. Personally I don't think it was Misty that he was trying to protect by with-holding that information, Misty may have been MIA( passed out, knocked out, or really out of the trailer) but I truly don't think she knows where "they" took Haleigh. I feel Tommy may have had a pretty darn good idea who "they" were (perhaps even was involved) and that is who he was protecting.

Ronald stated that he did call over to the Croslin's on Tyler, but DID NOT ask Hank jr to go over and check on Misty, per T Shoemaker. I seem to recall that Law Enforcement however stated that phone records did show he phoned the Croslins, IIRC. Why and when weren't confirmed to my knowledge. Remember it was Timmy C....not Hank jr that Misty phoned 1st at 3:15 am that early morning, not RC, and not 911.

I cant help but wonder why its not OK for Tommy not to bring up this impromptu visit to the MH that night, but it is OK that Ron didn't bring it up for months either. :waitasec: Nobody will ever convince me that Ronald didn't know that Tommy went to the MH. You don't make a call for someone to check on a loved one, without some kind of follow-up conversation.

Also, just because LE says that is their FIRST time hearing that Tommy was over there, doesn't necessarily make it true.

Remember LE said that the search at the Mondex was a "training exercise".

Bottom line for me is, I wholeheartedly believe that LE talked to Ron and Tommy about the phone calls between them very early on and LE just released the info, like they said, to "further the investigation".

Police Handbook 101

I truly believe Ron's phone call to Tommy(Jr) was

1 - To bolster Ronald's alibi "I wuz @ werk."

2 - To bolster the "Misty left the m/h" talk.

3 - To place Tommy at the m/h that night. [fingerprints, witnesses, tire tracks, etc.]

Ron's attorney, Shoemaker, stated on NG that Ron called Tommy and asked if Misty was at Tommy's house. Per Mr. Shoemaker, Ronald did not ask Tommy to go check on her.

jmo - Tommy received the phone call from Ron [who supposedly hates him] and got to wondering WTH is up with that?! and then drove over there to satisfy his curiosity and/or double-check on Misty and the kids. [Or to get his wife to quit bugging him, which I'm sure she did if she knew about that phone call. They probably tried calling Misty first, too.]

Yeah, I do realize that I am giving someone [who shall remain nameless in this thread - at least by me] a whole lot of credit for intelligence, cunning, plotting, and scheming, but it's what I believe happened.

I truly believe Ron's phone call to Tommy(Jr) was

1 - To bolster Ronald's alibi "I wuz @ werk."

2 - To bolster the "Misty left the m/h" talk.

3 - To place Tommy at the m/h that night. [fingerprints, witnesses, tire tracks, etc.]

Ron's attorney, Shoemaker, stated on NG that Ron called Tommy and asked if Misty was at Tommy's house. Per Mr. Shoemaker, Ronald did not ask Tommy to go check on her.

jmo - Tommy received the phone call from Ron [who supposedly hates him] and got to wondering WTH is up with that?! and then drove over there to satisfy his curiosity and/or double-check on Misty and the kids. [Or to get his wife to quit bugging him, which I'm sure she did if she knew about that phone call. They probably tried calling Misty first, too.]

Yeah, I do realize that I am giving someone [who shall remain nameless in this thread - at least by me] a whole lot of credit for intelligence, cunning, plotting, and scheming, but it's what I believe happened.

I agree Florida, this establishes an alibi for them both and puts Tommy at the scene. Stating that you never asked him to go over there makes absolutely no sense, especially given the fact you left your 3 yr old and 5 year old with a teenager who didn't want to babysit in the first place and was out boozing and doing drugs in the second place. Why on Earth would you not call someone to check on the kids when you called over 90 times????? Nope, not buying it.

I don't know if Tommy knows what happened or not. He doesn't appear to know, but then he says he loves his sister.

As far as what I've been able to ascertain about this bunch, they all cover up for each other.

Poor Haleigh! Won't one of them think of her before themselves? You guys don't need to answer that...we all feel the same way.

I believe that Tommy does love his sister but I don't believe that Misty loves Tommy in return. Misty does not let an opportunity pass to throw Tommy under the bus. To her, he is expendable. Timmy on the other hand is truly loved by Misty and I think that she would never roll over on him.

I believe that Tommy does love his sister but I don't believe that Misty loves Tommy in return. Misty does not let an opportunity pass to throw Tommy under the bus. To her, he is expendable. Timmy on the other hand is truly loved by Misty and I think that she would never roll over on him.

I am of the opinion that Misty routinely and in a somewhat indirect manner, attempts to throw anyone, except a Cummings member and Timmy, under the bus any chance she gets. In my not so humble opinion these actions point the best fingers. She will do anything, say anything to try and get the heat off of her. She does not know what love is, the only thing she knows is "ME". Everyone else is collateral damage. Hank Sr demonstrates the depth of that destruction.

Now that she is in jail she seems to remember some things she could tell Cobra or LE, things that would make LE look stupid...ha ha Misty, your butt is still siting in jail and you look way stupid. :croc:

I am of the opinion that Misty routinely and in a somewhat indirect manner, attempts to throw anyone, except a Cummings member and Timmy, under the bus any chance she gets. In my not so humble opinion these actions point the best fingers. She will do anything, say anything to try and get the heat off of her. She does not know what love is, the only thing she knows is "ME". Everyone else is collateral damage. Hank Sr demonstrates the depth of that destruction.

Now that she is in jail she seems to remember some things she could tell Cobra or LE, things that would make LE look stupid...ha ha Misty, your butt is still siting in jail and you look way stupid. :croc:

Yes, I agree, look at who she is not throwing under the bus.

I am thinking they all had cell phones but that a few used those disposable phones so that their where- a- bouts can't be traced with a ping. I think if all of their phones were traceable we might have the answers we need, and LE would have more clues to work with.

ETA....The only records we have heard about are RC's Misty's and The Croslins...I am trying to remember if we heard if RC called a landline phone or a cell when he called the Tyler Street. Could be the reason we have so little info huh? They are going by RC and Misty's records because the Croslin's use disposable phones. jmo

I for one think that Ron had more than one phone, maybe even more than two phones. I just hope that LE can get their hands on ALL of Ron's phones.

IMO, the fact that Hank revealed he was over there that night and the timing of the marijuana plants being found at that Mondex is all tied in together. I think that in the same interview Hank was confronted with Ron's phone records. Hank then lied about what the phone call was about saying that it was to check on Misty, but I think eventually in that interview Hank told the truth about the plants being taken there to the Mondex. If that's the case that tells me that Ron's phone call must've been about the plants.

Would finger prints still be on all those pots. I don't remember them saying they were in the water. Hope they have prints.!!!!!!!!!

Did you mean Tommy, instead of Hank? Tommy is the one who went to the MH that evening.
Hank is the dad, Hank Sr. Tommy is Hank Jr. Just to avoid confusion, no disrespect intended.

If there is to be a continuing discussion about GGMS and the pond, please pull out the Mondex pond thread. This may already have been determined there.

Hmm, if the Godfather is Ron's favorite book (or movie more likely) it might be worth looking at it from start to finish to see if he copied anything else from it. Did they dispose of bodies in it? It has been so long since I read it I can't remember. It was really excellent, though.

Which character said the line about friends/enemies?

Oh my goodness Gracenote, that is a wonderful idea. I totally agree-any "reading" he did was in front of the television!

Do they play russian roulette in that movie? (I haven't seen it in ages either) Or is that from some other mobster/gangster movie that Ron likes?

He talked about disposing of a body by throwing it off a bridge- is that in Godfather or does it ring a bell to anybody from some other movie?

As usual Whisperer, I agree with what your saying. I strongly believe that is what Ron called Hank about that evening around 9p. It was to help HIM remove the plants from the mh. Some people thought that because LE said 100 PLANTS were found in pots at the Mondex that they could not have been stored in the mh. 100 Plants can indeed be stored in a mh. It depends on how many plants were in each pot, kwim? 10-15 pots can hold a total of 100 plants. But anyway, after Ron called him, it took Hank almost an hour to get to the mh and then he even waited for awhile at 9:45. I am now leaning more towards Ronald calling Hank to tell him to meet him at the mh in about an hour.
That would mean, at this point of the evening (9p), Ron feels the marijuana needs to be cleared out of the mh. Why? At that point they knew the police were going to be called. And that would mean prior to this Haleigh was already deceased and carried away. That would also mean that Grandma Sykes did not see a "happy" Haleigh by the time she got there between 7-8. I found it odd that Misty and Ron got into an argument right after she supposedly left the mh. IMO Haleigh had been carried away then (around the time Sykes is there) and about 8:30 Ron and Misty are arguing about what to do next. I bet Sykes or TN told Ron to make sure he got rid of those plants. IMO, this is when Hank comes into play because supposedly Misty doesn't have transportation.

If they disposed of the pots in the blue van that would explain why Misty said that the blanket was left in the blue van that they took. They put the blanket on the floor of the van as not to get dirt in the van while transporting the plants, to keep the van clean. That would also mean that Timmy and Jo know about the plants as well. Whatever information LE had pertaining to the Mondex area warranted the draining of the pond AND finding the plants. Timmy, Jo, Hank....that's already 3 people that can back up that info about the plants being there. I wonder what they found in the pond? Maybe the blanket? i don't know but that's the only search that grandma Syke showed up at. Coincidence? I doubt it. She knew that was the area that some of the evidence was taken to, IMO.

I think Timmy and Jo was called because of them having the van. Think about it: They couldn't transport the plants on the back of Hank's red truck or Ron's truck because the plants would be seen by all. But if they used the blue van they could conceal the plants. KWIM? Maybe after Ron talk to Hank about the situation at hand, Hank called Timmy (to use the van) and that's what took him so long to get to the mh....He had to wait on Timmy with the van to do what needed to be done.

100 plants in the MH would also explain why the bedrooms were not being used by the children. Haleigh's bed was apart and the frame was leaned up against the wall. Room for plants??

Also Ron claimed they moved to a bigger MH because DCF was concerened about the children having their own room. Well... it could have been because he needed more room to expand his "business". We only have Ron's word telling us the reason was DCF.

Oh my goodness Gracenote, that is a wonderful idea. I totally agree-any "reading" he did was in front of the television!

Do they play russian roulette in that movie? (I haven't seen it in ages either) Or is that from some other mobster/gangster movie that Ron likes?
I don't recall Russian roulette in any of The Godfather films. The plot of another film from that era, The Deerhunter, deals with Vietnamese gangsters and drug dealers, and depicts a game of Russian roulette in the closing scene.

He talked about disposing of a body by throwing it off a bridge- is that in Godfather or does it ring a bell to anybody from some other movie?

In The Godfather, dumping a body in water is known as "sleeping with the fishes".
Red text is mine.
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" is a proverb I learned from my grandmother long before I heard Al Pacino say it to Robert Duvall in The Godfather II. (The line referred to the Corleone family's "friend in Miami", Hyman Roth.) So I was thinking Ron might've heard it from his grandfather. But now I'm thinking that he might've watched too many gangster movies with his grandfather when he was young and impressionable. If that's the case, Tommy's lucky he found only a dead rat in his mailbox and not a horse's head in his bed.

Seriously, I think it's an excellent idea, Gracenote. I'm all for anything that will lend insight and a new perspective. Now I have to ponder awhile.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retired Private Investiga
Back