GUILTY IA - Amy Mullis , 39, Earlville, killed with corn rake, 10 Nov 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If we are considering other people committing the crime - you can bet some members on the jury are too! It’s probable Todd or even Trystan committed the murder , but you can not convict on probable or a hunch. Predicting a hung jury or an acquittal here. Even with all the damning google searches and the friends testifying she was scared of Todd and wanted a divorce, the state did not really directly link Todd through DNA. That’s a problem in my opinion. We shall see!

"He will kill me" could be considered a figure of speech.

I were talking with a friend I might also say if my wife finds out I was having an affair she would kill me, but do I actually think she would kill me, I doubt it.

The more I think about this I start to wonder.

Perhaps Todd was not absuive at all. Based on testimony it sounds as if Amy was a social butterfly who loved the attention of others. Todd was unable to give her all of the attention she needed as he worked significant hours on the farm. Amy could not tell her friends she had affairs because she craved attention Todd could not provide, that would sound selfish so to gain the sympathy of friends and justify the adultery she claims Todd is mean without ever going as far as to say physically abusive.

Of course I may be way wrong but it really sounds to me as if she needed lots of attention and would do whatever it took to get the attention she craved. I honestly wonder if perhaps there were others that she was spending time with and one of those relationships went south as they began to find out about the other boy friends.

During the month she was away helping ill relatives perhaps she made another friend who later found out about Frasher. Laying in wait in the shed to confront her perhaps or again, maybe she was pregnant and had threatened to tell Frashers wife and Frasier wasn't going to let that happen?

Sorry for speculating but I'm more apt to believe my scenario above versus the Todd is mean scenario.

Also, if Amy is looking at wedding dresses is she pressuring Frasher to leave his wife so they can get married and Frasher had to put a stop to that ?

Man, what a sad, messed up case, everyone ended up hurt in the end and no one deserves that.

Of course as several others have spelled out, I still think accident is a possibility. It would be an absolute freak accident but an accident none the less.

I dunno? I think it’s a slim chance it was an accident. Could be, but when I hear this I can’t help but liken it to cases where someone shows up in the ER with a vegetable or animal stuck in there hind end -claiming it got there when they slipped in the garden or it got there when they fell off their bike. It just doesn’t make sense. Amy had 6 puncture wounds. Could she have pulled the corn rake out of her back and then re-fell on it? I just don’t see that.

Last edited:
Which part of the wound was the corn fork in, was it two tines, or four tines, or three vs three? Possibly the fork was leaning against wall, and she brushed it walking past, and it fell on her, inflicting the lesser wound. She stood, got the fork out, but fell again, and the fork fell against her, inflicting the rest of the wound. Especially if she was already having dizzy spells.

How heavy is a corn fork? (ETA: How long was the handle on the corn fork?)

Her fear of Todd could have been a case of "The guilty flee when no man pursueth." I personally don't think a woman who is truly afraid of her husband is going to have two or more affairs. Her fear might have been making an excuse for herself for her actions.

She was definitely a "chance-taker."

I'm not blaming her for being a victim if she was killed because of her lifestyle, and it surely could have been someone who was squatting in the shed, but there are consequences to every action (if the cause of her death was the affairs), and sometimes the consequence is just the act of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. You never know who is just around the next corner you will turn.

This is so very sad, so many women out there who would have loved being married to a hard-working man who was building for the future.

I hope the jury makes the right decision for the evidence they have been given.

RIP Amy Mullis. I am very sad for you, and all of those who really loved you.

I dunno? I think it’s a slim chance it was an accident. Could be, but when I hear this I can’t help but liken it to cases where someone shows up in the ER with a vegetable or animal stuck in there hind end -claiming it got there when they slipped in the garden or it got there when they fell off their bike. It just doesn’t make sense. Amy had 6 puncture wounds. Could she have pulled the corn rake out of her back and then re-fell on it? I just don’t see that.
Yes there is a chance Amy fell on the rake and this was an accident. It's a slim chance, but still a chance. If Amy wasn't known to be having dizzy spells I would be less likely to think this was an accident. But knowing that fact I can see how it's possible.

I'm sure the defense has it reason to agree that Amy was murdered and not argue this was an accident. Maybe they didn't want to look like they were just trying to come up with excuses. Maybe they didn't have anyway to prove this was an accident even though they didn't need to do that. Maybe they knew the jury would come to the conclusion that it was maybe an accident as some here have done which is reasonable doubt that Todd didn't murdered Amy.

If the defense did claim Amy's death was an accident they could have asked the ME if there was any possibility if Amy could have fallen on the rake not once but twice and suffered the six puncture wounds. I can't see how the a ME could have denied that or said there was absolutely no possibility that could have happened. But like the old saying goes, don't ask a question you don't know the answer to. The defense would have likely had to hire an expert witness to testify that it would be possible for Amy to receive those injuries from an accident. Maybe they couldn't find a witness to do that.

I was really surprised in the lack of expert witness in this case. Not to mention the lack of evidence that proves Todd did this to Amy. Almost every other case were someone is swinging an object and striking someone it seems there is blood splatter evidence. Non in this case. No injuries or bruising was found on Todd even though the prosecution wants everyone to believe Amy was brutally beaten and killed and she fought back. If Any was murdered I don't see it being Todd.

JMO

Which part of the wound was the corn fork in, was it two tines, or four tines, or three vs three? Possibly the fork was leaning against wall, and she brushed it walking past, and it fell on her, inflicting the lesser wound. She stood, got the fork out, but fell again, and the fork fell against her, inflicting the rest of the wound. Especially if she was already having dizzy spells.

How heavy is a corn fork? (ETA: How long was the handle on the corn fork?)

Her fear of Todd could have been a case of "The guilty flee when no man pursueth." I personally don't think a woman who is truly afraid of her husband is going to have two or more affairs. Her fear might have been making an excuse for herself for her actions.

She was definitely a "chance-taker."

I'm not blaming her for being a victim if she was killed because of her lifestyle, and it surely could have been someone who was squatting in the shed, but there are consequences to every action (if the cause of her death was the affairs), and sometimes the consequence is just the act of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. You never know who is just around the next corner you will turn.

This is so very sad, so many women out there who would have loved being married to a hard-working man who was building for the future.

I hope the jury makes the right decision for the evidence they have been given.

RIP Amy Mullis. I am very sad for you, and all of those who really loved you.
A corn rake would only weigh three or four pounds. The handle would be maybe four to five feet long.

The rake falling against Amy wouldn't have caused the injuries consistent to the injuries she received. She would have needed to fall on or against the rake if this was an accident. She was wearing several layers of clothing including a heavy Carhart type coat which would have taken some force for the rake tines to penetrate.

JMO

A corn rake would only weigh three or four pounds. The handle would be maybe four to five feet long.

The rake falling against Amy wouldn't have caused the injuries consistent to the injuries she received. She would have needed to fall on or against the rake if this was an accident. She was wearing several layers of clothing including a heavy Carhart type coat which would have taken some force for the rake tines to penetrate.

JMO

Thanks for your response, esp. the info about the rake. Obviously, I am not a farm woman, and we've experienced very little snowy weather where we live, not nearly enough.

I thought before, maybe Trystyn did it but Dad was doing the searches..online and off. Probably knew she was emailing her lover that morning (cuz Dad knew how to recover texts) and spazzed out. Todd knew how to kill pigs and had been building his farm since he was 11. It was a crime of passion in his eyes. He puts no one else at the scene. The buildings are all in a circle, right off the highway. How would somebody know what time Dad would say "If you really want to help us, the best thing you can do is go to the Red Shed" and then kill her..no noise and leave in between water breaks and before they checked? Trystyn said he was with his dad the whole time but is now saying he doesn't know how long those water breaks took. The son doesn't want to turn his father in but he is giving the prosecution a chance to do their job. We'll see. Praying for justice.

I really feel like the State dropped the ball in this case. I believe Todd is likely the killer, but I feel like the investigation wasn’t thorough enough - leaving room that someone else could have committed the murder. Just my thoughts.

I am stunned on the fingernails. Why wouldn’t you want the confirmation that it was Todd’s DNA?

Prosecution is convinced because of a family alibi and cell records that show his phone was not where the murder was committed that means Jerry Frasher is cleared.

Based on this logic, I can put my cell phone in the trunk of car travelling to California and that means I am in that car as well.

How was that not challenged on cross ?

Because it’s better for the defense if it’s not challenged. If they challenged it the state might provide more evidence of Frasher’s alibi.

Julie Grant‏Verified account @JulieCourtTV 2h2 hours ago
BREAKING - Defendant Todd Mullis is being cross-examined now! Tune in to @CourtTV!!! #CornRakeMurderTrial #Iowa

KWWL‏Verified account @KWWL 1m1 minute ago
@ashleyrenesc Mullis denies searching for "how to to a DNA test without the father knowing" #MullisTrial

Well duh, why would he? He’d be the father!

Perhaps son was searching the DNA questions wondering if with moms history maybe Todd is not his dad

This occurred to me as well as Amy herself. It would make sense if she did it because there could be two fathers to test. However, she was a nurse... I’d think she would not need to google that.

KWWL‏Verified account @KWWL 58s59 seconds ago
@ashleyrenesc The state argues that the defense is making it seem like Amy Mullis and most of the witnesses who testified are lying. "Why would she make it up?" #MullisTrial

KWWL‏Verified account @KWWL 57s57 seconds ago
@ashleyrenesc The state talks about the importance of Mullis' son's testimony, regarding the amount the time he was away from his father. She say, "It's vital because that information buries him" #MullisTrial

That’s not cool. Now if Todd is convicted his son will blame himself. :(

In the grand scheme of things not sure this matters but I wonder if Amy's ablation procedure was really a cover for an abortion.

Im not convinced of Frashers alibi.

Remember amy telling her friend she's in trouble?

I wondered as well.

You’re right! I don’t think they did a thorough enough investigation and just wanted swift justice. There’s so much more that could have done forensically, so many more interviews - especially Amy’s lover and his wife. I think LE said they were satisfied with what was told to them by Frazier because cell tower checked out. And the wife - well they didn’t really seem to check her out either. And what about testing Amy’s fingernails, etc. Really sloppy work on this one. Bet we get a verdict later today - or a hung jury.

Honestly a hung jury or acquittal are the only fair and just options here. The state just didn't prove their case.

When you have no direct evidence you should ensure you collect all the other evidence you can. They didn't do that here.

Wasn't there a case in Iowa earlier in the year where a girl went jogging and was killed by an illegal immigrant? They found her body in a corn field didn't they?

Is there a large illegal immigrant population working the Iowa farms? Did Todd have hired help? That's a large amount of land they own, possible a homeless immigrant had squatted in the red shed and got spooked when Amy walked in?

I know, far fetched....

You would think that Todd would have brought this up if it was true, and extremely far fetched that someone would be squatting in their shed in rural Iowa in November.

The Mullis family is large and run all of their ground as a family.

Those of you still believing this was an accident, have you watched any of the testimony? Both sides, as well as forensic experts all agree it was a murder. It is absolutely impossible to fall on a corn rake, stand up, pull it out of your back, then fall on it again to then turn over on your hands and knees and expire.

Someone brought up that the Mullis farm is near a busy highway, the closest highway is ~15 minutes south of the farm. The farm lies between the towns of Oneida, Greeley, Earlville, and Delaware. Do a google search of the populations of these places and you'll realize just how remote this area is, and it's far fetched that some random person wandered onto their farm from Hwy 20.

Todd sent Amy to the shed to kill her, period. He knew his son would be busy with the work that he tasked him with, and he had this set up from the beginning. Killed the cameras for days leading up to it while he figured out how to do it, then set it in motion on that day. Any real man would have told his wife that wasn't feeling good to just go in the house and rest. Getting that pet carrier would have taken Todd or his son all of 5 minutes, so why send your wife that is on a weight restriction to go get it? Yes, Amy was unfaithful, but don't drag her name through the mud because of it. A lot of people are unhappy with their marriages and seek for attention from others. She obviously wanted to leave but was scared because of what Todd might do. None of us know what happened behind closed doors, and maybe he verbally threatened her life and thats why she was scared to leave.

Todd is a likable person, and always has been. That doesn't mean that he couldn't murder someone. There are a lot of likable, charismatic murderers.

Those of you still believing this was an accident, have you watched any of the testimony? Both sides, as well as forensic experts all agree it was a murder. It is absolutely impossible to fall on a corn rake, stand up, pull it out of your back, then fall on it again to then turn over on your hands and knees and expire.

Someone brought up that the Mullis farm is near a busy highway, the closest highway is ~15 minutes south of the farm. The farm lies between the towns of Oneida, Greeley, Earlville, and Delaware. Do a google search of the populations of these places and you'll realize just how remote this area is, and it's far fetched that some random person wandered onto their farm from Hwy 20.

Todd sent Amy to the shed to kill her, period. He knew his son would be busy with the work that he tasked him with, and he had this set up from the beginning. Killed the cameras for days leading up to it while he figured out how to do it, then set it in motion on that day. Any real man would have told his wife that wasn't feeling good to just go in the house and rest. Getting that pet carrier would have taken Todd or his son all of 5 minutes, so why send your wife that is on a weight restriction to go get it? Yes, Amy was unfaithful, but don't drag her name through the mud because of it. A lot of people are unhappy with their marriages and seek for attention from others. She obviously wanted to leave but was scared because of what Todd might do. None of us know what happened behind closed doors, and maybe he verbally threatened her life and thats why she was scared to leave.

Todd is a likable person, and always has been. That doesn't mean that he couldn't murder someone. There are a lot of likable, charismatic murderers.
Agree completely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkit2110
Back