GUILTY IA - Breasia Terrell, 10, found deceased, Davenport, 10 July 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DAVENPORT, Iowa (KWQC) - The Davenport Police Department shared an announcement on Wednesday letting the public know they are still searching for missing 10-year-old Breasia Terrell over a month after her disappearance.

Law enforcement says they are in frequent contact with Breasia’s mother, Aishia Lankford, who continues to distribute fliers throughout the Quad Cities and surrounding areas in an effort to locate her daughter.

Breasia was reported missing on July 10, 2020 and was entered into the National Crime Information Center as a missing child. An Amber Alert remains in effect for Breasia. She is also listed as a missing child with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

The Davenport Police Department is continuing to ask for the public’s assistance in providing any information regarding the whereabouts of Breasia. In July, the police department named Henry Dinkins as a person of interest in Breasia’s disappearance and asked for any information regarding his whereabouts between 10:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 9, 2020 to 12:00 p.m. on Friday, July 10, 2020.

“Henry Dinkins remains in custody on unrelated charges at this time,” Davenport Police Chief Paul Sikorski said in a news release. “There are people who know what happened to Breasia , and I urge them to come forward with any information to help law enforcement locate Breasia.”

According to police, Dinkins will be arraigned in Scott County District Court at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday on charges unrelated to Terrell’s case. He is charged with 3 counts of a sex offender registration violation.
Davenport police still investigating disappearance of Breasia Terrell one month later

Aishia has sent four letters to Dinkins so far trying to learn more, only to hear nothing back.

“He refuses to see me he actually updated his visiting list to where if you`re not on his visiting list then you can`t come see him,”

As another day goes by with no idea what happened to her daughter and why she didn't come home, Aishia pleads for Dinkins to help her.
Breasia Terrell's mother keeping pressure on Henry Dinkins 35 days after Breasia was last seen | wqad.com

Mom didn't get to see Dinkins in court today, he wasn't required to attend :mad:

I can't believe it's been a month and LE seems to be no closer to finding her now than they were at day one. It is beyond words to think that the one person who could bring her home is sitting in jail not saying a word.
It doesn’t seem to me like they’re even considering other possible suspects, which is strange as it also appears they don’t have anything very convincing on the one they’ve got.

It doesn’t seem to me like they’re even considering other possible suspects, which is strange as it also appears they don’t have anything very convincing on the one they’ve got.

That's true I really hope that they are not getting tunnel vision on this case and that they have evidence they are not able to share with the public at this time.

Hopefully LE has looked at other possible scenarios in order to avoid the tunnel vision that @Dylansmom08 mentioned. However, it's not unusual in cases like this that LE isn't sharing what they know or what evidence they have. And it's not unusual for LE and the DA to take their time and build a solid case before bringing related charges.

On the face of it though IMO it's mighty suspicious that Breasia went to Dinkins' house and disappeared during that visit. He's a sex offender with a registration violation. He has a history of sex offenses. He was the last person to see Breasia. That's pretty much the definition of Person of Interest. Can leopards change their spots?

In the meantime we aren't privy to the investigation so how would we even know who else LE is looking at?

From July 22:
Aishia told Dateline that it had already been planned that her 8-year-old son, Bree’s half-brother, would spend the night of July 9 with his father, Henry Dinkins, and Henry’s girlfriend, at their apartment on East 53rd Street. Henry had also offered to watch Bree.

“She’s close with her brother and wanted to hang out with him,” Aishia said. “We had no reason to worry that anything bad would happen.”

Aishia said she checked on her children that night and they told her they were playing video games and having a good time.

“Bree texted me and said, “Good night, Mama, I love you,’” Aishia said. “And that’s the last time I heard from her.”

When Aishia got to work the next morning, she got a call from Henry Dinkins. She said that Henry told her that when he woke up, Bree was gone.
Search continues for 10-year-old Breasia Terrell missing nearly two weeks from Davenport, Iowa

How many times have we heard the"Woke up and the child was gone" story? IMO way too many. MOO.

P.S. O/T: I like your avatar - I'm a RZ and SH fan.

Last edited:
It's kind of hard not to have tunnel vision, given the circumstances. She was at his home, in bed, when she went missing.

Did he have any visitors that day or night? The only way I can see it being another perp than him, is if he offer4ed her up to someone. :(:mad:
doesn't make any sense too me.
It is very hard to believe that some random predator broke into that big, burly sex offender's home, and took a sleeping child from under his nose. It doesn't make any sense to me.

A slow cruise around Credit Island's paved loop Friday was accompanied by fishermen patiently waiting, bicyclists pumping out miles, an assortment of pedestrians fast and slow, and a solitary heron.

The regulars were joined by a growing crowd of campers pounding tent pegs and unloading kayaks in anticipation of Saturday's Floatzilla — the annual River Action event billed as the largest gathering of paddlers on the Mississippi River.

The last time people gathered at Credit Island was 35 days before the big float, when volunteer searchers combed the tall grass and woods while Davenport Police dragged the lagoon in search of Breasia Terrell.

She's the 10-year-old Davenport girl who went missing sometime late July 9 or early July 10. Breasia was last seen in the 2700 block of East 53rd Street, and Henry Earl Dinkins was taken into custody the day Breasia was reported missing. Police call him a person of interest, and has not been charged with a crime related to Breasia.

Not much has been said about the search for Breasia over the course of the last few weeks. The Davenport Police issued a statement Thursday reminding folks the search has not been abandoned. Investigators are trapped in the unenviable position of not discussing the details of the investigation while trying to keep the public informed.

But Breasia has dropped down in the news cycle.

EVERYDAY PEOPLE: Missing 10-year-old never far from the minds of many

Haven’t read this thread in a while. Early on, didn’t her half-brother say that Dinkins woke them up early on the morning of her disappearance to take them fishing? If I’m remembering correctly, he said Dinkins left him in the truck but came back without BT. Has that account changed?

EDIT: I looked back in the threads. It seems like the rumor was bandied about. Did anyone ever confirm through LE or MSM?

It's kind of hard not to have tunnel vision, given the circumstances. She was at his home, in bed, when she went missing.

Did he have any visitors that day or night? The only way I can see it being another perp than him, is if he offer4ed her up to someone. :(:mad:
doesn't make any sense too me.
It is very hard to believe that some random predator broke into that big, burly sex offender's home, and took a sleeping child from under his nose. It doesn't make any sense to me.
“Henry Dinkins remains in custody on unrelated charges at this time,” Davenport Police Chief Paul Sikorski said in a news release. “There are people who know what happened to Breasia , and I urge them to come forward with any information to help law enforcement locate Breasia.”
Davenport police still investigating disappearance of Breasia Terrell one month later

We have no idea what the truth is quite frankly. The last seen could be a complete fabrication, as I understand it the girlfriend was cooperating. But again, who's to say her story isn't a cover-up for Dinkins?

This whole scenario stinks to high heaven, poor Breasia :(

Bodies that end up in the Mississippi are often never recovered. I’m not saying that’s what happened, but Davenport sits right there on the river.

You're right that some bodies are never recovered. If they are, it happens so far downstream that it almost seems impossible. Sadly, on August 9th, a missing Galena IL woman's body was recovered over 200 miles south of there, only 2 days after she went missing. It's frightening to think how far a body could go after 5 weeks.

My prayers go out to Breasia and her family. I hope they find you soon, Baby Girl.

Coroner confirms body found in Mississippi River is missing Galena woman

You're right that some bodies are never recovered. If they are, it happens so far downstream that it almost seems impossible. Sadly, on August 9th, a missing Galena IL woman's body was recovered over 200 miles south of there, only 2 days after she went missing. It's frightening to think how far a body could go after 5 weeks.

My prayers go out to Breasia and her family. I hope they find you soon, Baby Girl.

Coroner confirms body found in Mississippi River is missing Galena woman
Yes, in Missouri. For those of you not familiar with the area, Galena is at the far north in Illinois, very close to the WI border.

Yes, in Missouri. For those of you not familiar with the area, Galena is at the far north in Illinois, very close to the WI border.

More likely, the woman was vacationing in the area where she was found (best case scenario; worse case scenario being that she was kidnapped and transported there).

More likely, the woman was vacationing in the area where she was found (best case scenario; worse case scenario being that she was kidnapped and transported there).
You might be right. I had possibly misunderstood where she went missing from.

In any case, it’s hard to recover a body from the Mississippi even when you know when and where someone went in, such as suicides. I am afraid she will never be found. I’m afraid at this point that someone is going to get away with this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back