IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Websleuthers, have any of you followed cases where the red flags are there, but in the end it wasn't the person you thought?
Lots of times . It's a good thing I wasn't in charge lol. I try not to speculate a whole lot . Especially if I feel it's family or someone close to the person . I would sure hate to point fingers and be wrong. <modsnip: Please do not refer to, link to, or encourage readers to check out psychic or paranormal discussion. It is not allowed at Websleuths>

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems with a lot of the missing person's cases I follow here and elsewhere that a lot of the time family and/or friends are on TV pleading for their return or the community is doing searches, vigils and hanging flyers. In my opinion, it seems odd not to be seeing these things or have I missed them? I know United Cajun Navy was asking for volunteers for searches, but are people not continuing to search?

Edited for typo
After searching over 100,000 acres over several days without a lead they have no where else to search . They need a tip.

This is the question I have (plus about a hundred more). A large-ish sum of cash was still in his wallet, IIRC? The piglets were all there. His phone as well. What would the motive be to harm DS? And to do so away from the truck? If someone had beef with him, why take him somewhere else to do it? And even if robbery wasn’t my main motive, once I’ve hurt someone, I might as well go through his wallet and make a little profit to boot, right?

So road rage is not likely. Extremely minimal traffic/time of night, etc. And DS would probably still be right in the truck or very nearby. Robbery seems less likely. Grudge or something personal? Again why would DS be taken from the scene? I can’t figure out a motive that wouldn’t be made simpler by just leaving DS with his truck. Almost no CCTV in the area. If you just wanted to kill him, heck, they could’ve left the body in the truck and had 14 hours to get away!
Where are you David? All MOO and badly worded brain storming.
The only motive I can come up with, is pure speculation, and not really based upon any evidence of such----but given what you described above, the only motive which might fit with not taking the cash, and not leaving him behind, MIGHT be a love triangle type of situation.

An angry husband might just have shot him and left him where he lay. But what about a mistress, that pulled a gun and wanted him to come somewhere with her to talk things out?

I've been kind of fixated on Dave wanting pants with deeper pockets, but I wonder...

If it was Dave (not Sarah) who went upstairs to get a different pair, perhaps the whole "wanting deeper pockets" thing was just a cover story. Maybe he needed a reason to go upstairs and get *something* without causing Sarah to ask questions.

Timeline using Freightwaves article citing info from LE and plugging in Google maps miles/estimates for possible discrepancies:

Left Eagle Grove pickup at 10:50 pm
Arrived Marker 126 at 11:15 pm - approx 26 min/25 mi, so nothing unusual
Left Marker 126 approx 11:31 pm - (stayed 16 minutes)
Arrived Hwy 71\20 exit at 12:18 pm - approx 43 min/48 miles, so nothing unusual
Location where truck was found on N14 at 12:40 am - a little over 4 miles north of the exit - why 20 minutes? Why did the truck turn north instead of south?
Wife of Iowa trucker seeks answers a month after his disappearance

One other thing from the linked story that is a little strange to me. (This is after Dave left Marker 126.]:
“He is then seen on a Department of Transportation camera on Highway 20 west of the truck stop heading west.
“This was the last time David was seen,” McClure said. “Cell phone data obtained from David Schultz’s phone corroborates this timeline.”
Investigators claim there was no usable video from the DOT camera.”

We don’t know which DOT camera they are referring to; wish we did. If LE said it was David’s truck that was caught on video, but couldn’t tell if it was David that was driving, that might be why it was not usable video. However, they identify it as the last time DAVID is seen. This would seem to indicate that it was definitely David still driving his truck up to this point. I might be picky, but that to me is “usable”.
I am still convinced that whatever happened to trigger this disappearance happened at the Exit at the junction of Hwy 20W and 71S.
I still don’t know what.
I still don’t know why.
My butt is sore from fence sitting.
Great post . Everyone else seems to think whatever happened happened way before it did . But your correct with your timeline I believe . Whatever it was happened at that intersection. Kinda leads me away from him leaving on his own . It seems as if something went down right there . It's hard to imagine why he would be a victim of foul play. So I go back and forth. But honestly my guy has said someone did something or took him for whatever unknown reason . My heart breaks for this family . This one I would love to see dad come home . I wish for the best in all cases of course. But this family needs him. He's everything to them,the provider too.

I wonder how sure LE is that DS never made it to the delivery location? They based that off a nearby business camera, so is there any other way DD could have entered the area? It seems pretty bold for the boss to say he thinks something happened at Wiechman's, imo.
They also based it off cell phone data . It collaborates he never made it to drop off point .

He stayed at the truck stop 16 min., and made a phone call. I think he had a meeting set up at where his truck was found. It was supposed to be after he unloaded the pigs. They were parked in the drive way and he pulled up for a quick exchange. Drug dealers took him because they thought his was going to roll on him.

@DWB THAT makes sense, he was already behind, if he was going to be late for his "meet up" he might have had to squeeze the connection in between picking up the load and dropping it off!!!! So he made a quick detour north, for a quick connection, it was the solution - easy peasy lemon squeezy.

He stayed at the truck stop 16 min., and made a phone call. I think he had a meeting set up at where his truck was found. It was supposed to be after he unloaded the pigs. They were parked in the drive way and he pulled up for a quick exchange. Drug dealers took him because they thought his was going to roll on him.
Parked in what driveway? This doesn't fit the phone track.

@DWB THAT makes sense, he was already behind, if he was going to be late for his "meet up" he might have had to squeeze the connection in between picking up the load and dropping it off!!!! So he made a quick detour north, for a quick connection, it was the solution - easy peasy lemon squeezy.
If the plan was a "meet up" to drop off drugs, and he was running late, why even detour north 4 miles. Why not just have whom ever he was meeting up with, meet him at the Hwy 20 off ramp to Hwy 71?

This is rural Iowa, not the middle of town we are talking about. At that time of night there would be little to no traffic. David probably could have stood out on the exit ramp holding a box of drugs waiting for someone to show up and no one would have noticed or been the wiser.

I don't think drugs have anything to do with this. There are a heck of lot better ways to transport drugs than using a truck driver hauling baby pork chops. Not to mention the short distances we are talking about.

This is rural Iowa, not the middle of town we are talking about. At that time of night there would be little to no traffic. David probably could have stood out on the exit ramp holding a box of drugs waiting for someone to show up and no one would have noticed or been the wiser.
RS&BBM For Focus

I agree with this completely! This is proven by the fact that his truck sat in the middle of the road for hours before it was reported!

Don't recall it being reported that David made a phone call from the Marker 126 truck stop or anywhere else. What I do recall is Sarah said David is seen on video "scrolling" through his phone.

Don't recall it being reported that David made a phone call from the Marker 126 truck stop or anywhere else. What I do recall is Sarah said David is seen on video "scrolling" through his phone.
I was just going to post the same comment. And we also don't know if he fueled up at Marker 126. If he did, then the 16 minutes he was there may not be suspicious at all.

He could have pulled over on the 20 after MM126 and the peeps he connected with along the highway 20 moved his truck...if he had a plan to connect between pick-up & delivery and was delayed, we have no idea how it shook out. He could have been meeting someone who traveled some distance & wasn't thrilled to be "in a holding pattern over the runway" STS.

I was just going to post the same comment. And we also don't know if he fueled up at Marker 126. If he did, then the 16 minutes he was there may not be suspicious at all.
A fuel purchase would have shown on a credit/debt card since the station was closed and David wouldn't have been able to pay with cash.

Sarah in one of her interviews said there was no activity on the bank account. I would think this means that night as well and not just from the time onward after the truck was found. But maybe not.

But I agree spending 16 minutes there if buying fuel would not be suspicious at all. Just stopping to check to make sure the piggy's were doing OK would not be suspicious as well. Video I think would have shown if David met anyone there or any other suspicious activity took place.

JMO

A fuel purchase would have shown on a credit/debt card since the station was closed and David wouldn't have been able to pay with cash.

Sarah in one of her interviews said there was no activity on the bank account. I would think this means that night as well and not just from the time onward after the truck was found. But maybe not.

But I agree spending 16 minutes there if buying fuel would not be suspicious at all. Just stopping to check to make sure the piggy's were doing OK would not be suspicious as well. Video I think would have shown if David met anyone there or any other suspicious activity took place.

JMO
Good point about not being able to use cash at that hour. If he did fuel up, maybe it just wasn't mentioned because it was "normal," and her comments about no activity do indeed pertain to after midnight that night, as you said. Wish we knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verydemureverycute