IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm unfortunately right there with you and when you plug in some other things that are bothering all of us it kind of makes perfect sense.
Why would you kiss your wife's kid and her grandchild but not your own, well one goodbye might be emotional and how do you explain crying over giving your kid a kiss when you do it every day.
Getting in the habit of carrying large amounts of cash to the point it is normal, we don't know how much was spent and how much could have been saved.
"Deep Pockets" may be a reason, or wrangles look amazing on all men and he wanted his wranglers because they looked better.
Pulling over at Mile Marker 126 when it was closed kind of seals the deal for me.

I always want this, so I subconsciously always try to make leaving on their own accord fit the story because it means they are alive. This time I think it's a pretty high chance.
Ha, we posted the same thing at the same time re: the kiss. He cried over giving them a kiss?? Where is that info

Good example of the use of thermal imaging used in crash a few days ago.

Woman killed in horror crash after being dragged three miles by second car​

The victim’s body was located by sheriff deputies using thermal imaging cameras after she was dragged for miles​

Good example of the use of thermal imaging used in crash a few days ago.

Woman killed in horror crash after being dragged three miles by second car​

The victim’s body was located by sheriff deputies using thermal imaging cameras after she was dragged for miles​

This is one of the situations where thermal imaging is ideal. The victim was found very quickly, within about an hour of the accident happening, when her body would have barely cooled. And being dragged for a significant distance, there's a strong possibility her clothes were torn off, limiting the ability of clothing to impede the heat signature.

Sadly David's situation is very different. He'd possibly been missing for about 15 hours before the search even began. If he died shortly after he went missing, he'd already have cooled significantly. And wearing jeans and possibly a flannel shirt, his clothes would be likely to act as an insulator.

As with so many things, thermal imaging needs to have the right conditions to be effective.

Not a huge number of trees, but if you look around on Google Maps there are quite a few small groups of trees in the surrounding area:

Thank you for checking Google Maps for me and linking it.

There aren't that many trees, so I think the suicide by hanging theory is not very likely.

A bit OT, but I wonder how often searchers actually do look upwards into trees?

I
Thanks for that info, @OldAce. So if you weren’t gassing up or going into the convenience store, can you give us an estimate of the time it would take to do this quick check?
I ship horses and do this. It takes only a few minutes to check truck and trailer. Couple of minutes to check horses. Longer if watering horses but in this case, he's not watering pigs so probably 3-4 minutes would have been long enough

This makes me sad. If this was his choice, he created the situation as you described above, but a more direct type of situation like leaving one's family re: divorce can be dealt with, with anger and grieving and trying to move on. Instead, if this was his choice, he may have created a monster that would, to me, be more impossible to get past, always wondering the rest of your life what happened, is he out there, is he hurt, was that just him I saw in a store, and so on.
It’s actually a very cruel thing to do. It’s not like someone who is single and has no close family. Jmo

For a guy who was supposed to be in as big of hurry all the time as Sarah painted David to be, I kind of doubt he wasted 20-30 minutes of his day, each time he left and came back home by walking back and forth to his truck.

JMO
But he may have wasted time talking to mechanic and scrolling through his phone at truck stop so who knows. I wonder how long he was at the house to change. Five minutes? 10? Wasn't it mentioned that he was already working that day?

We only have info from one person and really nothing from family or friends of David's. Media needs to interview the mechanic. Would really help and be interesting as it sounds like he knew David well

Probably to check the load and quick check tires and lights.
In hauling cattle and horses, most drivers will load, rearrange gear used and in cab preparing to hit the road. Then drive away a few miles to an open spot; preferably lighted, but vacant and room to walk all way round.
Stop, get out and walk slowly around the rig, peering thru the backlighted slats for any lying down already. You see only legs, all is up. They have in this short distance somewhat accustomed themselves to the shifting movements. Do not have to use a flashlight to inspect. As you walk around, you see any clearance lights not burning and can "kick the tires"
with foot or tap with a hammer. Vacant and open is to be reasonably safe from any mugging and if animal is down, you can shock with your hotshot in privacy. So many people take a stick stuck horizontally in as you beating the animal.
I have hauled a lot of cattle, WI to Miami, FL. This is cattle.
Hogs were usually large top hogs (230 to 250 lbs) and E. St Louis to packers on south. Sensible number loaded will have adequate room to shuffle together and no problem of down and trampled.
I never hauled these little pigs;or short distances, but feel the comparison is reasonable.
And if he was checking his load , tires and lights, that doesn’t seem to go along with him disappearing himself. Jmo

And if he was checking his load , tires and lights, that doesn’t seem to go along with him disappearing himself. Jmo
No, it probably doesn’t. But we have no indication that this was an impromptu inspection. Still seems to me that why he stopped and what he was doing are part of the plan to disappear.

Thanks for that info, @OldAce. So if you weren’t gassing up or going into the convenience store, can you give us an estimate of the time it would take to do this quick check?
Ten to 15 minutes, would vary if a light was out or a tire thumped soft. Add a little to wiggle the light wire or to compare thump the mating tire. Fact of life might relieve kidneys on dark side of trailer after walked 75%.

No, it probably doesn’t. But we have no indication that this was an impromptu inspection. Still seems to me that why he stopped and what he was doing are part of the plan to disappear.
I think all was OK to and past the 126. No deviation, off route, wide travel time variance, until the right turn, slow speed, stop.
Hope I am wrong, but think foul play, due to drug situation in area. He was involved, or vehemently refused to be involved.
A friend deeply involved tried recruiting, he threatened to report him/them. Smacks of sending a message.. Resist us, disappear. Actually, disappearing is more frightful than just a body along side a stopped rig. No explanation, like where we are. Hope I am way off.

This "impromptu inspection" is actually what 90% of truck drivers will do upon loading and before "pulling out" to roll.
And it is not only livestock haulers, it is to sort of look over the rig for any possible occurring problems and avoid LE stops for mechanical/signal/stop light attractions.

Voluntarily disappearing would be hard. Maybe even harder than being a fugitive on the run. Always wondering if someone will recognize you. Not like you could just go get a job and start working somewhere, IRS records would expose you quickly. Would almost need to start an entire new identity. How would someone make money to live, rent an apartment, buy a house, bank accounts, credit cards, loans, buy and register a vehicle without a new identity?

How many missing persons cases have turned out to be someone who walked away from their life? See threads on WS all the time with the title "Found Safe" but they usually turn out to be ones that were people who were just lost or out of contact for a while. A lot of those threads of people that returned get deleted too. I to would want to come back and read about what was written about me, by all of you. Although it may be interesting to see just how many outlandish theories there were and how accurate everyone was as to what really happened.

If someone knows of threads here on WS of missing persons who it ended up being a case of someone leaving on their own and walking away for a better life, with only the cloths on their back, please post a link here. I would be interested in looking at it or them. TIA

JMO

The area where the truck was found appears to be incredibly dark. If David wanted to disappear, but also make sure the truck was secure with no risk to the pigs, it would make some sense to first stop and check it somewhere with good lighting.

When I say "disappear" I don't necessarily mean walking away from his life; I also say "disappear" in reference to possible self-harm. Because either way he *has* disappeared.

"Friend" may have been aware/knowledgeable/in fear of/ illegal activities in area and preferred to not become visible to any investigation of the occurrence. Does seem to reek of refusal to offer to render aid.
If that were the case, I don't think this guy would have made mention of seeing David's truck in the first place. Would have just kept his mouth shut instead of involving himself with the obvious if he had knowledge of what happened or was going on.

JMO

Ha, we posted the same thing at the same time re: the kiss. He cried over giving them a kiss?? Where is that info

I'm so sorry, I was just giving my opinion as to why he didn't kiss his son. The emotional attachment may have made him upset and that is my guess as to why he didn't kiss him because he would have broke down IF he did in fact voluntarily leave. But no he did not cry over the kiss that didn't happen that was my fault for not putting MOO

Voluntarily disappearing would be hard. Maybe even harder than being a fugitive on the run. Always wondering if someone will recognize you. Not like you could just go get a job and start working somewhere, IRS records would expose you quickly. Would almost need to start an entire new identity. How would someone make money to live, rent an apartment, buy a house, bank accounts, credit cards, loans, buy and register a vehicle without a new identity?

How many missing persons cases have turned out to be someone who walked away from their life? See threads on WS all the time with the title "Found Safe" but they usually turn out to be ones that were people who were just lost or out of contact for a while. A lot of those threads of people that returned get deleted too. I to would want to come back and read about what was written about me, by all of you. Although it may be interesting to see just how many outlandish theories there were and how accurate everyone was as to what really happened.

If someone knows of threads here on WS of missing persons who it ended up being a case of someone leaving on their own and walking away for a better life, with only the cloths on their back, please post a link here. I would be interested in looking at it or them. TIA

JMO
I'm not going through to find all of their WS threads but here is a good start and you can just search there names in websleuths to see if they have a thread : 25 Missing People That Were Mysteriously Found Alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe