IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd thing... just bothers me.
1) The truck had travelled (if I remember correctly) north instead of south after picking up piglets; opposite direction of what he should have driven. Why would DS drive in the opposite direction? Was something wrong with the paperwork and he was returning to fix it prior to delivery? If DS turned the truck around to return to piglet pickup location, did he encounter someone on the south side flashing him stop... and he recognized thier vehicle, possibly someone from pig farm?
^^rsbm

When Dave traveled North instead of South, this was not when he loaded the piglets in Eagle Grove but when he was only about 5 miles from Wiechman's pig station in Sac City where he was to unload the piglets. He was more than an hour from Eagle Grove -- not likely turning around for paperwork!

1704339266161.png

Est 73 mi via US-20 W.

^^rsbm

When Dave traveled North instead of South, this was not when he loaded the piglets in Eagle Grove but when he was only about 5 miles from Wiechman's pig station in Sac City where he was to unload the piglets. He was more than an hour from Eagle Grove -- not likely turning around for paperwork!
Thank you, I did not realize he was within 5 miles of dropping the pigs off. No, not likely to return for paperwork at that point.

If a procedure was in place for the paperwork to be dropped off in a box that doesn’t mean DS unloaded the pigs by himself. The workers unloading probably don’t handle the paperwork and this procedure would work great in that scenario.

I imagine the paperwork for a no-contact unload would include the manifest from the facility like Eagle Grove where the trucker collected the pigs that were loaded into his trailer.
The Livestock Manifest is a legal document that serves to identify:
  • the name of the owner of the livestock or the livestock dealer acting on behalf of the owner;
  • the place the livestock came from;
  • the place the livestock are being taken;
  • the person who is authorized to receive the livestock;
  • the livestock being transported or driven; and
  • the person transporting or driving the livestock.
It's very regulated even without addressing biosecurity paperwork.

Thank you, I did not realize he was within 5 miles of dropping the pigs off. No, not likely to return for paperwork at that point.
Yes, this was the confusion over where the truck/trailer were left abandoned and why the driver went the opposite direction instead of south towards the location of Wiechman's.

I wonder what DS was supposed to do after his drop at Weichmans?
My guess is to sleep there in his sleeper truck. He may have scheduled an early 11/21 pick up at Eagle Grove another Weichmans drop off around noon. Call it a day and Go hunting. IMO
I also wonder what he did for several days prior to his disappearance? What pickups and drops, what people he interacted with, truck stops, family, plans.
Per Sarah, her daughter and family were visiting, they planned to go hunting before returning to their Florida home. they hadn't seen each other in the past year and a half.

Last edited:
o/t BEFORE Mark Riesberg remains were discovered, his sister Mary spoke w/MSM news KTIV, about her missing brother. Mary was participating in a UCN organized search for Dave Schultz at the time of the interview.
Since this interview and his discovery, the wife of missing trucker Dave Schultz (DS), publically stated "she" does not know Mark when offering condolences to his family. UCN search located Mark's deceased body, bringing closure for his family.

Yeah, an interesting tidbit, but they could be old. Still, though. I wonder if they could do forensics on something like that to compare the marks to his tires and see if they match, like at a microscopic level.
I can hear it now.

That works really good on TV. In 36 years, I've made one case on skid marks. The problem is, every time a car drives across them, depending on the type of surface, whether it's a porous surface, a smooth surface, or whatever, they smudge. And, then, if you have multiple skid marks, then they just smudge even more and you get skid marks on top of skid marks.

Got a kick out of that Youtuber Trucker going off on the Sheriff calling him Barney Fife. I was going to suggest he turn on his Jake Brake and slow down.

OK everyone quit laughing and get back to business.

I don't mean to blame Sarah, because she did what she thought was best based on what she was advised at the time.

But she has said she reported Dave's disappearance to LE as a "medical issue" because she thought they would respond more quickly. And I think that had to play a significant role in how LE initially treated it. They weren't looking for third parties, DNA, or anything else.

When they first found the truck they were looking for a man having a medical issue. And that's how they treated it.

I can hear it now.

That works really good on TV. In 36 years, I've made one case on skid marks. The problem is, every time a car drives across them, depending on the type of surface, whether it's a porous surface, a smooth surface, or whatever, they smudge. And, then, if you have multiple skid marks, then they just smudge even more and you get skid marks on top of skid marks.

Got a kick out of that Youtuber Trucker going off on the Sheriff calling him Barney Fife. I was going to suggest he turn on his Jake Brake and slow down.

OK everyone quit laughing and get back to business.
I guess being disrespectful to LE help cover the fact that he brings absolutely nothing to the table.

I don't mean to blame Sarah, because she did what she thought was best based on what she was advised at the time.

But she has said she reported Dave's disappearance to LE as a "medical issue" because she thought they would respond more quickly. And I think that had to play a significant role in how LE initially treated it. They weren't looking for third parties, DNA, or anything else.

When they first found the truck they were looking for a man having a medical issue. And that's how they treated it.
I didnt realize she presented it that way, but that would make sense. And those local cops don’t have frequent murders or kidnappings in that area so I wonder if they even considered those possibilities at all, so as not to contaminate the scene if they weren’t faced with dealing with that sort of thing on a frequent basis. Unlike a case some of us are following in San Antonio right now where the daily list of arrests is Mind blowing for drugs, burglaries, murder, you name it.

^^bbm
True-- but doesn't quite explain waiting several days to collect the truck from where DS's mechanic drove and parked the truck even after DS gave police consent to search DS's truck before the mechanic moved the truck from the roadway.

I've also wondered if DS called 911 and was sent to voicemail or had no service. I know it's happened to me before where I dialed 911 from the Interstate to report road rage incident where I was directed to leave a message and never received a call back.

A google search for unanswered 911 calls is full of similar accounts and forums dedicated to detailing failed efforts to reach 911.

IMO, I can see an incident where DS attempted to call police to no avail and perhaps turned north from Exit off of Hwy 20 to follow and/or keep their eyes on the perp waiting on call back from LE. JMO

ETA: Specific to Iowa, here's a May 2023 report on LE getting too many 911 calls. Also one County office taking calls for numerous departments.

"A lot of your smartphones today, whether it be Apple devices or Android devices, have features where they can automatically call 911. And we're starting to see a lot of those repercussions," said Nick Brockman, Polk County Sheriff's Office.

The Polk County Sheriff's Office responds to calls from 12 police departments and 14 fire departments. Data shows dispatchers are now answering an average of about 32 abandoned calls each day this year compared to an average of 24 calls each day last year.

Last edited:
I guess being disrespectful to LE help cover the fact that he brings absolutely nothing to the table.
That is what I thought too. Didn't learn anything I didn't already know about David or anything else from watching that.

Never heard anyone call those bumpers on the front of trucks Deer Racks. They are more commonly referred to as Moose Bumpers.

The part about all the kidnapped truckers in the area... OK, why isn't there more missing persons reports for them? Where are the threads here on WS about them? Why haven't the locals mentioned that? MSM, I think you get the picture.

I was expecting an interview with Sarah from what she posted on her FB update. Guess that is maybe still in the works.

JMO

^^bbm
True-- but doesn't quite explain waiting several days to collect the truck from where DS's mechanic drove and parked the truck even after DS gave police consent to search DS's truck before the mechanic moved the truck from the roadway.

I've also wondered if DS called 911 and was sent to voicemail or had no service. I know it's happened to me before where I dialed 911 from the Interstate to report road rage incident where I was directed to leave a message and never received a call back.

A google search for unanswered 911 calls is full of similar accounts and forums dedicated to detailing failed efforts to reach 911.

IMO, I can see an incident where DS attempted to call police to no avail and perhaps turned north from Exit off of Hwy 20 to follow and/or keep their eyes on the perp waiting on call back from LE. JMO
BBM

DS gave consent to search his truck??? That's news to me..

On a side note: LE has DS's phone. Remember it was in the truck. LE would know if DS dialed 911 even if the phone had no service. If the 911 call went to voice mail the system would still register the number. Just the same as 911 hang-ups. Do that and you will likely get a knock on the door.

Never heard anyone call those bumpers on the front of trucks Deer Racks. They are more commonly referred to as Moose Bumpers.
Maybe it's a regional thing. Lot of deer out here, our local police blotter has car/deer accidents just about every day and deer splats on the highway are very common.
The part about all the kidnapped truckers in the area... OK, why isn't there more missing persons reports for them? Where are the threads here on WS about them? Why haven't the locals mentioned that? MSM, I think you get the picture.
I heard that a lot too, but I don't remember and can't find another single case. Also, I found his suspected motive of stealing the truck to be pretty strange.

Maybe it's a regional thing. Lot of deer out here, our local police blotter has car/deer accidents just about every day and deer splats on the highway are very common.

I heard that a lot too, but I don't remember and can't find another single case. Also, I found his suspected motive of stealing the truck to be pretty strange.
BBM

Don't buy a truck with an automatic transmission and you won't have to worry about your truck getting stolen is the message I got from that.

I don't mean to blame Sarah, because she did what she thought was best based on what she was advised at the time
Well, we don't know it wasn't a medical issue.

That theory has still got potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member