IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we don't know it wasn't a medical issue.

That theory has still got potential.

I agree, but my post was about criticism of the way LE handled it.

People have said LE should have handled it as a crime scene, when they had no reason to do so when they first found the truck. They'd been told it was a medical issue, so their only concern was locating the potentially ill man--not adhering to forensic protocols.

I agree, but my post was about criticism of the way LE handled it.

People have said LE should have handled it as a crime scene, when they had no reason to do so when they first found the truck. They'd been told it was a medical issue, so their only concern was locating the potentially ill man--not adhering to forensic protocols.

Except the reporter (SS) had no idea whether or not DS was not answering or did not unload as expected due to a medical episode at the time the missing report filed. At the time, the wife and broker didn't even know where the truck was located!

IMO, Sarah likely told authorities he suffered from high blood pressure, and she was concerned he had a medical event that disabled him, and please be prepared to render aid. JMO

Yes, that and 120 contained piglets! One group was in need of rescue even if DS wasn't present.
I presume financially he would have been responsible for the load of piglets while they were under his care.
If anything happened he could've claimed off his insurance, which would also have cost him.
So, baring a medical emergency/confusion or something/someone threatening his life, I don't think he would have left that load otherwise.

He also had his reputation as a reliable trucker at stake.

Except the reporter (SS) had no idea whether or not DS was not answering or did not unload as expected due to a medical episode at the time the missing report filed. At the time, the wife and broker didn't even know where the truck was located!

IMO, Sarah likely told authorities he suffered from high blood pressure, and she was concerned he had a medical event that disabled him, and please be prepared to render aid. JMO

I can't for the life of me remember which article/interview it was (I've looked) but I'm reasonably sure Sarah said someone, possibly LB, told her to report is as medical because LE would act more quickly. Simply reporting Dave missing, LE might not be in any real hurry.

I can't for the life of me remember which article/interview it was (I've looked) but I'm reasonably sure Sarah said someone, possibly LB, told her to report is as medical because LE would act more quickly. Simply reporting Dave missing, LE might not be in any real hurry.
You are correct. I specifically remember that as well and it was LB. I think it's in one of the interviews she did.

He also had his reputation as a reliable trucker at stake.
RSBM
Unless he was feeling suicidal in which case his reputation probably wouldn't matter to him. JMO

I'm not saying I think he was feeling suicidal, but it is one of the possibilities. Personally I have no set ideas on which scenario is most likely or most unlikely.

MOO

The Sheriff also said some thought there was a series of truckers kidnapped along Highway 20. He said there was no evidence of any trucker kidnappings.

When the truck was first found, the area around the vehicle was searched right away.

“Initially there was some immediate searching done of that immediate vicinity, his wife had reported that maybe he may have had an underlying medical condition so that night the Iowa State Patrol brought their aircraft over from Iowa city that has that forward looking infrared.”

The Sheriff said that they did not find blood in the cab of the truck.

December 14, 2023

i wonder why we have yet to hear the name of the pick up facility

Just a guess, but probably because it's not really considered relevant. Dave was seemingly alive and well when he left the loading site and was seen at Marker 126.

If anything was done to Dave, it seemingly can't have happened there.

Just a guess, but probably because it's not really considered relevant. Dave was seemingly alive and well when he left the loading site and was seen at Marker 126.

most likely yet fascinating its not mentioned ever. LE has basically ruled Weichmanns out too yet name mentioned pretty early on

Makes sense [insert eye-roll here]....

ETA: more Barney Fife (referring to LE not u @IBC)

ETA2: Dave may have been followed...he may have seen something....it may be a HUGE deal.

Last edited:
2) The search dogs stopped searching when they reached that area; indicating he was picked up.
The K9 losing his scent trail does not indicate that he was picked up. It indicates that the dog could no longer follow his scent trail.
The tracking was done at least 13 hours after the truck was parked, which means that the scent trail could have been compromised by the high winds and other factors.
The missing person may have continued in the same direction or turned onto the field access.

I've always heard them called cattle guards, but I'm in the northeast without a lot of cattle farms so what do we know!
In California I've heard them called cow catchers (moreso on trains than trucks though). But not "cattle guards" as those are things built into the road to prevent cattle from crossing. Er, MOO :cool:

In England we call them Bull Bars.....and we don't even have wild bulls!

I'm not sure how much it happens these days, but I think the name came from the days when it was really common in the UK for farmers to walk cattle from field to field along rural roads. Collisions with cows were quite common.

Another day, another day without LE press conference, another day without an update from Sac County Sheriff's Office.

Personally I think this says something about the state of the investigation. This isn't receiving the attention a potential abduction would receive, nor even a missing person.

Another day, another day without LE press conference, another day without an update from Sac County Sheriff's Office.

Personally I think this says something about the state of the investigation. This isn't receiving the attention a potential abduction would receive, nor even a missing person.

Yes, and I find that quite curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member