IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If David received a call or message from someone near to the time he is was driving his last load of pork chops, that would be known to LE and that person should have been questioned by now.
Except if he was using a burner phone to communicate with someone and that is what he took when he left the semi.

You just posed a possible, if someone knows for sure. Do cell phones track direction as well as time and movement? I
know the triangulation of adjacent towers but does it function in close proximity to just one.

Suppose David stopped, turned south and made it to the barn. Attack occurred there, he incapacitated and the rig, still laden driven to it's found location position..

This would coincide with LB saying he thinks it happened at the delivery point. But posts of two supposedly vigilant cameras show nothing. This would somewhat agree with the slow /time distance discussed on why time taken from the stop sign to final location. But, defies the cameras not catching it. Perps could / would have avoided the cameras themselves, but doubt if D would. Just the truest quickest way as he was tired already from that days deliveries.

Also a question I have is why the people or persons who knew DS and saw his truck parked up dark with no hazards whatsoever and no sign of him personally, thought this was perfectly normal and he 'had it in hand', whatever 'it' was??

In fact it was perfectly abnormal and completely unusual behaviour, extremely dangerous, all kinds of traffic and trucking violations, and to me personally would indicate that he was in serious trouble.

JMO MOO
I too believe that other vehicles past the truck after it was stopped and up until discovered. It is too long for there not to have been others going in to feed livestock, start restaurants, deliver papers, and a hundred different reason why you see unexpected movement on lonely roads. Surely there is more than one person who went in to "feed" and returned by the truck.
In todays world a person not recognizing the truck might just stop to "square him away" on his parking there. And to see it, know it, under the circumstances described, to not stop and at least see if there was not an ill driver inside.
There is so much mystery in why it was left there; no one wanted to have anything to do with it, and the one who almost wrecked, recognized it, and blithely tooled on off. It is almost as if David/his truck had become untouchable and everyone kept a long arms length. I saw, I ignored, I know nothing. That is not human nature folks, even in Iowa.

I was just looking at the google map again and it's weird his name comes up as a business would...I've never seen a missing persons name any time I've ever looked on the map to see their last location.

Google maps allows users to submit a location, I've done it myself for legitimate purposes. Whoever did this is misguided.

1705030018028.png

I too believe that other vehicles past the truck after it was stopped and up until discovered. It is too long for there not to have been others going in to feed livestock, start restaurants, deliver papers, and a hundred different reason why you see unexpected movement on lonely roads. Surely there is more than one person who went in to "feed" and returned by the truck.
In todays world a person not recognizing the truck might just stop to "square him away" on his parking there. And to see it, know it, under the circumstances described, to not stop and at least see if there was not an ill driver inside.
There is so much mystery in why it was left there; no one wanted to have anything to do with it, and the one who almost wrecked, recognized it, and blithely tooled on off. It is almost as if David/his truck had become untouchable and everyone kept a long arms length. I saw, I ignored, I know nothing. That is not human nature folks, even in Iowa.
This “friend” sighting has always seemed suspicious to me. Was he afraid to stop and look inside? Thought DS was possibly up to no good and didnt want to be involved? Why? I’d love to pick his brain. JMO

Seeing a few things I hope to add some insight on here....

In speaking to a previous hog farm manager, there could be a couple reasons he was schedule to drop off at midnight even though no one would be at the hog trading Co that evening.

1. They schedule it so they have a full load to take to auction/trade or whatever they had planned (they knew by the count and lack of paperwork it was his that were missing).

2. They schedule it so there is not a back log of trucks trying to all get in at once. It would also depend on the pick up locations schedule and when they had availability to load, etc.

The fact that his truck was there is obviously strange but I think that is being taken out of context.

These roads are really real and there literally is no shoulder or pull off. Which is why I personally find it even more strange that he would go that far down the road being it turns to gravel a couple miles down and the turn around areas are definitely lacking - if none existent.

When the family friend saw his truck at 530am, they probably thought it was "odd" but again, not worthy of a 911 call. I think they again saw it later that day and assumed it had broken down. It's not always apparent there is livestock in the trailers unless you are looking and there was zero reason for that friend - at the time - to think anything was something of this nature that was amiss. There is very very little traffic on these rural back roads which would also explain why it wasn't found until later that afternoon when LE was notified by some county/secondary employer (can't recall the exact title at the moment).

I can tell you living here - truckers might know you don't shut down completely or turn all lights off but again,even from being around here - I had zero idea that was a thing until this case. Unless you see a door wide open, items scattered, wildlife hit or something else super obvious, this stuff doesn't happen often around here and really wouldn't seem like a huge cause for concern. I'm sure hindsight is 20/20 but it really would not seem super out of place unless. You don't know what you don't know.

If he had no idea something nafarious was going to happen or he was in danger, there would be no reason for him to full throttle at anyone "blocking" off the exit either - especially with Iowa Nice and being in the area it was (if this was random or not expected by DS).

I need to go back and look at where the Cajun Navy searched or where it showed they were looking, but 100 acres in this area - albeit impressive - is really not that much. I immediately saw two ponds and additional areas near the exit I would had wanted to look (again, it may have had been already but not recalling it from memory that it was). I also know the Cajun Navy had to get owner permission to search and have not heard - either way - that they were able to obtain 100% permission from every single land owner in that radius. And fairly certain there should be a lot more LE should have searched or had a group go out to.

Unfortunately, we just had a bunch of snow and now are under a "once or twice in a lifetime" kind of winter warning so anticipate the area being covered and frozen for quite some time. I really hope that regardless of the snow, DS is still with us so would be moot anyways. I can say, however, I do not think this is a case of any sort of mental health crisis, or DS voluntarily leaving in any manner. None. Not more than a personal opinion, but feel that he loved his family too much to do anything of the sort. I know it's absolutely heartbreaking for me and cannot imagine the pain his family is feeling.

I have a very different view of this, I don't believe we know of more than one person that saw the truck sitting there. And that person saw a truck, not David's truck, and saw nothing suspicious about it. Later, when they heard that David was missing and where he truck was found, they knew they had actually seen David's truck. Looking around on the map, very few people would have reason to travel that portion of road. Nobody was purposefully ignoring anything. this sounds like a conspiracy theory.
This “friend” sighting has always seemed suspicious to me. Was he afraid to stop and look inside? Thought DS was possibly up to no good and didnt want to be involved
They did not know who the truck was associated with until later so they couldn't have had a motive of "not wanting to be involved" because of David. I think plenty of people would say "it's really not my business, I'm sure there is some reason for the truck to be there".

I need to go back and look at where the Cajun Navy searched or where it showed they were looking, but 100 acres in this area - albeit impressive - is really not that much.
Are you aware that they say they have searched thousands of acres with drones, ATVs, on horseback, on foot etc? I don't think there has been any lack of effort to find the victim.
It doesn't appear to me that any of those fields are mowed down. The only search that can assure finding a body in a field covered in knee and chest high grasses/plants, is shoulder width apart people walking a line across the field. There are far too many acres to even attempt that.

From the few pictures I have seen of the area the fields appear to be recently picked soybean or corn fields, not so much tall grass or plants. Even if they are hayfields, they would have been cut recently from last cutting.

They've probably searched the area around his truck multiple times, but I can't help but wish they'd search one more time. He may have been missed, or some other "clue" might be found. I've been following the thread since Day One, and am totally baffled. No scenario seems to make sense! :(

I need to go back and look at where the Cajun Navy searched or where it showed they were looking, but 100 acres in this area - albeit impressive - is really not that much. I immediately saw two ponds and additional areas near the exit I would had wanted to look (again, it may have had been already but not recalling it from memory that it was). I also know the Cajun Navy had to get owner permission to search and have not heard - either way - that they were able to obtain 100% permission from every single land owner in that radius. And fairly certain there should be a lot more LE should have searched or had a group go out to.
They searched 100,000 acres, not 100. Wife of Iowa trucker seeks answers a month after his disappearance

From the few pictures I have seen of the area the fields appear to be recently picked soybean or corn fields, not so much tall grass or plants. Even if they are hayfields, they would have been cut recently from last cutting.
Are you aware that they say they have searched thousands of acres with drones, ATVs, on horseback, on foot etc? I don't think there has been any lack of effort to find the victim.
It doesn't appear to me that any of those fields are mowed down. The only search that can assure finding a body in a field covered in knee and chest high grasses/plants, is shoulder width apart people walking a line across the field. There are far too many acres to even attempt that.
Normally the only fields covered in knee and chest high grasses/plants would be land in the Crop Reserve Program (CRP) because the fields are left not planted and only mowed occasionally. About the only place you see tall grass is along the road ditches and the edges and waterway's of the fields.

After harvest, a Soybean fields would only be a few inches tall. Corn fields are usually gone over with a stalk chopper to cut the remaining stalk closer to the ground before being baled for animal feed. So corn fields are cut pretty short as well.

Back in the day when corn was picked, the stalks would be left bent over several feet high, but with modern combines the stalks are cut by the corn head, which are then ran through the combine to shell the corn from the cob and the stalks and cobs are cut up into smaller pieces and spit out the back of the combine. Soybeans are ran through the combine and chopped up as well. I posted a few videos below to give you an idea of how a combine works and how short a field is after the process is completed.

About the only fields you see now days that are picked, rather than combined, are owned by Amish farmers and maybe for feed of certain pet animals such as horses, goats, ect. Not sure if there are any Amish living near where the truck was found. Even after picking a few acres of corn, the stalks would likely be gone over with a stalk chopper and bales, so they would be cut short as well.

When driving past a soybean or corn field it is easy to spot deer from a pretty far distance that have been hit on the road and end up lying dead in the fields. And deer are basically the same color so they blend in more with the color of a harvested corn or soybean field. I even see some deer lying in the ditches in the grass while driving by at highway speeds. I'm sure I drive by a lot of dead deer lying in the ditches that can't be seen as well. But I think it would be just as easy to see a dead human body lying in a corn or soybean field from the road or while driving across the field with an SUV or walking across the field on foot or from a drone fling over the field from a fairly long distance away as well. Maybe even more so with contrasting colors from the clothing.

While I agree it may be hard to see a human body lying in tall grass while walking past at a distance, it would be much easier to see a body that has been lying in the tall grass for a short period of time from the vantage point of a drone.

I sure hope you folks enjoy watching today's video presentations:

Shredding corn stalks (alloway flail shredder with john deere 4960)

JMO

I have a very different view of this, I don't believe we know of more than one person that saw the truck sitting there. And that person saw a truck, not David's truck, and saw nothing suspicious about it. Later, when they heard that David was missing and where he truck was found, they knew they had actually seen David's truck. Looking around on the map, very few people would have reason to travel that portion of road. Nobody was purposefully ignoring anything. this sounds like a conspiracy theory.

They did not know who the truck was associated with until later so they couldn't have had a motive of "not wanting to be involved" because of David. I think plenty of people would say "it's really not my business, I'm sure there is some reason for the truck to be there".

As for them “not knowing” who’s truck, this truck was obvious. Even driving by a dark truck in pitch black, your headlights shine to the sides enough to see it’s DS’s truck if you knew what his truck looked like at all.. if the truck would’ve had its flashers on or triangles/road flares out, yeah I can understand ignoring it as yes DS would’ve probably had it handled.. in my opinion, that friend is probably kicking himself for not saying anything to anyone…

Google maps allows users to submit a location, I've done it myself for legitimate purposes. Whoever did this is misguided.

View attachment 474001
The website for that is the Iowa Dept of Public Safety. Same as DCI and Iowa State Patrol. Phone number is for DCI as well. Maybe they created a marker where the truck was found???

The website for that is the Iowa Dept of Public Safety. Same as DCI and Iowa State Patrol. Phone number is for DCI as well. Maybe they created a marker where the truck was found???

I looked at that map the other day. Later, my phone asked me to "Review David Schultz".

I looked at that map the other day. Later, my phone asked me to "Review David Schultz".
Big Brother keeping tabs on you. You think that is scary, imagine what has happens when your on FB or similar sites and you start seeing ads for items you recently searched for sale on different sites. It's all connected and someone can see everything we do.

Makes you wonder if Satellites record video of the earth. Not like there isn't the technology to do that. You can zoom in and see a dog standing in the yard of a house and people walking on the streets. How hard would it be to solve crimes if that were the case? Just watch the video from the satellite to see what happened to the missing person, where someone that broke into a house went, where the rapist that killed a women in a park went.

I think there are certain agency's that have the capabilities, but would cause to much uproar if known to the public. Not a whole lot different than solving crime with street cameras and surveillance cameras, but a satellite would be a camera that sees everywhere, to catch everything. I'm sure clouds would hinder that and maybe darkness of night, but headlights shining on the road would maybe be seen at night so maybe a vehicle traveling on the road could be seen. Wouldn't it be nice to watch the video of David's truck rolling up on the exit and seeing if there was a vehicle there and where the vehicle went or if a vehicle left where the truck was found parked and where that vehicle went, how hard would it be to solve this case if that could be done? Just follow the vehicle to find David. Or know there was no vehicle near by at that time and David is likely near by not yet found.

Think of how many crimes and missing persons cases could be solved that way.

JMO

Big Brother keeping tabs on you. You think that is scary, imagine what has happens when your on FB or similar sites and you start seeing ads for items you recently searched for sale on different sites. It's all connected and someone can see everything we do.

Makes you wonder if Satellites record video of the earth. Not like there isn't the technology to do that. You can zoom in and see a dog standing in the yard of a house and people walking on the streets. How hard would it be to solve crimes if that were the case? Just watch the video from the satellite to see what happened to the missing person, where someone that broke into a house went, where the rapist that killed a women in a park went.

I think there are certain agency's that have the capabilities, but would cause to much uproar if known to the public. Not a whole lot different than solving crime with street cameras and surveillance cameras, but a satellite would be a camera that sees everywhere, to catch everything. I'm sure clouds would hinder that and maybe darkness of night, but headlights shining on the road would maybe be seen at night so maybe a vehicle traveling on the road could be seen. Wouldn't it be nice to watch the video of David's truck rolling up on the exit and seeing if there was a vehicle there and where the vehicle went or if a vehicle left where the truck was found parked and where that vehicle went, how hard would it be to solve this case if that could be done? Just follow the vehicle to find David. Or know there was no vehicle near by at that time and David is likely near by not yet found.

Think of how many crimes and missing persons cases could be solved that way.

JMO
Yesssss... have had the same thought about satellite images!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne