IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep coming back to him turning right instead of left. I feel like that's at the crux of what happened. It does not sound like this would have been an unfamiliar area or route for him. On top of that, there is GPS and other nav systems. So what made him go the wrong direction?

Possibilities:
-Forced to drive that way by someone else in the truck or who enters truck at the stop
-Turned the wrong way because he is suffering some sort of medical event that causes him confusion, whether he realizes it or not
-Turned that way by choice to go somewhere else or meet someone purposely not on his actual path
-I guess I should put down turned that way totally by accident/got lost but I just don't think that's realistic for him

Any others? Looking at this list, I don't even know which one I think is most likely. If his truck was found going the right direction, that would open up more possibilities to me (like stopped to help a stranded motorist, someone was blocking the road, etc). But he wasn't going the right way. If someone he knew planned to target him by blocking the road or flagging him down, how could they have known he'd go the wrong way ahead of time? If he was planning to take off of his own accord, why did he have to go the wrong way? It's not like his truck was inconspicuous when it was sitting in the middle of a road, so he may as well have left it in the middle of the road going the right way. This is the part that just doesn't make sense to me.
I have thought alot about the turning the wrong way. I remembered a friend of mine who hauled rocks, dirt, asphalt etc. Would do many loads a day of load up, drive, dump, then load,drive, dump, averaging 300 miles a day. He has been driving for 38 years. One time he stopped at yard to load up, last load for the day. He leaves load yard and gets about 40 miles from load location and gets a call. Boss asks if he is okay? He says sure, tired and ready for this day to be done. Boss says, well loader called and said you left without loading!!! Never, Ever in all those years and thousands of loads had he done that. Could not believe he had. So of course turned around and got loaded.

With the <modsnip: no link> coat in the ditch, and wrong direction...makes me really wonder about a medical issue. Something that made him confused, out of it (hence wrong direction), and possibly feeling super hot? (take off coat) ?? Just a theory. Shutting everything off is a mystery but again if delirious for some reason?? Maybe. Once the snow goes away, seriously hope a "thorough" foot search is done. And of course watch for vultures when it warms up and investigate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Google:
Schneesturm – Warnung
Iowa
vor 39 Minuten – National Weather Service
BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS EVENING... ...WIND CHILL WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST TUESDAY * WHAT...For the Blizzard Warning, blizzard ...

Even on TV I just heard of the weather warning for Iowa. :eek:
For those of you who don't live in the midwest, be aware that this extreme winter weather is really the first we've had this year. Previous snowfalls were light and for the most part melted away in a day or two. This one should effectively bring an end to any ground search opportunities, the snow pack is deep and we're not expected to see a daily high temp above freezing for over a week.

Right now I'm pondering the fact that the wallet with $2000 was right there in the cab.
Ripe pickings for anyone.
Maybe no one else ever was in the cab.

It might not have been obviously sitting there, ie, perhaps he kept his wallet down the side of a seat or inside a compartment that family knew about but a stranger wouldn't? Perhaps the perp did have a good look for money and searched his coat and pockets and cab but couldn't find any?

Or maybe the perp decided that it would be best not to touch anything whatsoever and definitely not have any cash that had DS's DNA or scent on it anywhere near them, esp if DS is someone known to them and the incident was not a robbery.

JMO MOO

This “friend” sighting has always seemed suspicious to me. Was he afraid to stop and look inside? Thought DS was possibly up to no good and didnt want to be involved? Why? I’d love to pick his brain. JMO
I found it strange too. His wife is the one who reported "her" friend seeing the truck? Who is this friend? They didn't find it strange? They didn't ring her up to make sure he was okay? Do they normally see him out working that time of morning? Even though this morning it was his truck parked in the middle of the street.

I found it strange too. His wife is the one who reported "her" friend seeing the truck? Who is this friend? They didn't find it strange? They didn't ring her up to make sure he was okay? Do they normally see him out working that time of morning? Even though this morning it was his truck parked in the middle of the street.

I'm still unclear if the friend the wife mentioned is a separate entity or the same person as the livestock feeding local male who drove past DS's truck twice (there and back to feed hogs IIRC)?

Has this person or persons made verified statements or been interviewed / debriefed by LE?

What I would like to know, is if DS truck being stopped in the road, dark, is something he / they had ever seen before? Because I'm going to speculate that in fact it was a one off event and suggest that on no prior occasion has anyone ever seen DS stopped in such a manner.

I'm not going to use the words 'parked up' as that would imply some form of decision about pulling over to one side, safely, or using a designated parking area. And we know this wasn't the case.

JMO MOO

Can someone please correct me if I'm mis-remembering, but I thought LE Said that DS was picked up on a traffic camera and from the photo, it was clear he was the only one in the vehicle. This photo is separate from the 16 minutes on video taken at the gas station.

If there really was a still photo from the traffic camera, they'd be able to get photos of all vehicles on that road that night. Has this been mentioned any where? Thx

Can someone please correct me if I'm mis-remembering, but I thought LE Said that DS was picked up on a traffic camera and from the photo, it was clear he was the only one in the vehicle. This photo is separate from the 16 minutes on video taken at the gas station.

If there really was a still photo from the traffic camera, they'd be able to get photos of all vehicles on that road that night. Has this been mentioned any where? Thx
I recall the same comment and that’s a really good question. At least, he was the only one visible in the vehicle… someone could have been in the back cab area, but as you said, if the camera was that clear which is unusual to me based on what I’ve seen on other threads with night camera images which are virtually useless, it would be interesting if they picked up footage of other vehicles in proximity to his and any clear shots of occupants.

I recall the same comment and that’s a really good question. At least, he was the only one visible in the vehicle… someone could have been in the back cab area, but as you said, if the camera was that clear which is unusual to me based on what I’ve seen on other threads with night camera images which are virtually useless, it would be interesting if they picked up footage of other vehicles in proximity to his and any clear shots of occupants.
Headed out the door but I'm pretty certain it was the same article where SS said she didn't want to watch the video.

I haven't been on this thread in a few days, but why do you think he had $2000 in his wallet?

Seems a lot of money to just carry in your wallet on an overnight trucking job!

What was it for? Was he in trouble with someone? Was he loaning someone the cash? Was someone loaning him the cash?

I haven't been on this thread in a few days, but why do you think he had $2000 in his wallet?

What was it for? Was he in trouble with someone? Was he loaning someone the cash? Was someone loaning him the cash?
According to his wife Sarah, this was normal for David to carry a large sum of money for the week. Sometimes truck drivers get a diesel discount if they pay with cash.

I am also new to this site. I have been following this from day one as it’s close to home. His wife stated he does not use debit/credit cards. The $2000 cash sounds like his usual amount to start the week. It is used for semi fuel and other expenses traveling on the road.

I am also new to this site. I have been following this from day one as it’s close to home. His wife stated he does not use debit/credit cards. The $2000 cash sounds like his usual amount to start the week. It is used for semi fuel and other expenses traveling on the road.

Welcome, @budle105 !

welomeSmileys.gif

Thannk you! Im I appreciate that and any guidance as I learn this site as I am really paranoid Im going to break rules.
Be victim friendly and don't post any articles that are not from known media outlets. If you post an article include the http link. Just copy it from your browser and paste it in your message.

Most all of Facebook and other Social Media is off limits to be discussed.

At the top right of the tread click on Watch and select if you want email or not when someone replies and then you can click on Watched Threads at the very top to find all the threads you are watching and the ones that someone has replied to will be moved to the top and highlighted so you can easily find them. Clicking on the thread from there will take you to the first reply you haven't yet seen.

If you have question about posting something ask one of the moderators.

For a list of what all the abbreviations are, check this out: Websleuths Lingo

Don't worry you will be fine. We are all here to help. Have fun. Welcome.

ADMIN NOTE:

The above podcast was previously unapproved because AbJack Entertainment does not have blanket approval as a source at Websleuths. We were not aware that David's wife, Sarah was interviewed on the podcast, so it is being reinstated:

Episode 87 David Schultz -- AbJack Entertainment

We are also approving the following podcast that had been removed. Sarah is interviewed in that podcast as well:

Apple Podcasts - David Schultz, Missing Persons

We do not have enough staff or time to listen to all podcasts and watch all videos to know what they are about or who is being interviewed.

When seeking approval for a source, please remember to let us know whenever a major case player is being interviewed.

Our sincere apologies to any members who have had relevant posts removed.

Sillybilly :)

Be victim friendly and don't post any articles that are not from known media outlets. If you post an article include the http link. Just copy it from your browser and paste it in your message.

Most all of Facebook and other Social Media is off limits to be discussed.

At the top right of the tread click on Watch and select if you want email or not when someone replies and then you can click on Watched Threads at the very top to find all the threads you are watching and the ones that someone has replied to will be moved to the top and highlighted so you can easily find them. Clicking on the thread from there will take you to the first reply you haven't yet seen.

If you have question about posting something ask one of the moderators.

For a list of what all the abbreviations are, check this out: Websleuths Lingo

Don't worry you will be fine. We are all here to help. Have fun. Welcome.
Wow! That you for your time and information. Very helpful.

I have tried to find exact location truck was found. I had thought was just south of electric substation but that is not right. Determined north of substation looks more correct. Saw there is a house with outside light and trees ahead on the right in this news article picture. Awfully close to a residence for an altercation but also where would think would head to if needed medical help.

Also noticed the poor wife had a low front left tire light on, tank was on Empty and it was dark out. That is Sad! Makes a bad night just that much worse to me.

Attachments

• Sarah gets to truck.jpg
    Sarah gets to truck.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 30
I have tried to find exact location truck was found. I had thought was just south of electric substation but that is not right. Determined north of substation looks more correct. Saw there is a house with outside light and trees ahead on the right in this news article picture. Awfully close to a residence for an altercation but also where would think would head to if needed medical help.

Also noticed the poor wife had a low front left tire light on, tank was on Empty and it was dark out. That is Sad! Makes a bad night just that much worse to me.

@Trobeld1

Welcome to Websleuths!

welcome_450.jpg

JMVHO.

ADMIN NOTE:

The above podcast was previously unapproved because AbJack Entertainment does not have blanket approval as a source at Websleuths. We were not aware that David's wife, Sarah was interviewed on the podcast, so it is being reinstated:

Episode 87 David Schultz -- AbJack Entertainment

We are also approving the following podcast that had been removed. Sarah is interviewed in that podcast as well:

Apple Podcasts - David Schultz, Missing Persons

We do not have enough staff or time to listen to all podcasts and watch all videos to know what they are about or who is being interviewed.

When seeking approval for a source, please remember to let us know whenever a major case player is being interviewed.

Our sincere apologies to any members who have had relevant posts removed.

Sillybilly :)
Listening to the first podcast (Episode 87 - AbJack), around the 9:30 mark, the host talks about David stopping at the Mile Marker 126 Truck Stop East of Dodge. She mentions that he was picked up on DOT cameras on Highway 20 W of Mile Marker 126, heading west.

I found this site: Iowa Department of Transportation - Open Data

These are the DOT traffic cameras set up on Highway 20 showing real time feeds (in some instances, some are timed still photos). If you tap on the blue dot to the left of Dodge on Hwy 20, the camera is labeled "Rockwell City - US 20 RW1S63 East View". This is the camera that likely picked David up after he left the truck stop and before he went missing.

I don't know how to access prior dates on this camera's feed/system, but if we can get hold of the day/time he was traveling, we can possibly see what kind of other traffic was on the road at that time that may have intercepted him a little further down on Hwy 20.

Anyone here know how to access that feed?

Addition to my post above:

The camera has several different angles. When you click on the link, it'll show 1 of 8 screens on the bottom right corner. You can scroll through and find different angles of what I think is the same spot. That may be helpful if we can get the right date/stamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne